Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 6:23 pm

((Nice topic title! xDD and lordy roleplaying someone eating is rather awkward LOL))

Ronnie took another bite of her muffin, relaxing when Rafael put his arm around her. Even though touching still bothered her just a little bit, it was a minor gesture, and she'd learned to suppress her initial urge to get away and allow herself the comfort. She trusted Rafael, and his touch was more comforting than discomforting. She took a sip of tea.

"Hugging is perfectly alright," she responded, grinning at him before realizing that they couldn't just sit here by the fountain all day. After swallowing the last bite of her muffin, she crumpled up the wrapper and tossed it into the paper bag.

"So, I talked to Rose's parents last night, and they said that we're welcome to come today. I mean, if that's okay with you," she stated, looking at him questioningly. She could see her daughter today... her stomach twisted at the prospect. On one hand, she was kind of excited, but on the other, more prominent hand, she felt a bit nervous about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 7:00 pm

Rafael felt a bit of warmth in his chest as he thought about how things were going. He took the apple core and now empty mug and put them in the fountain. After cleaning the mug, he threw the core in the flames across the courtyard. With the mug in his hand he replied. Yeah, that's fine. We can leave anytime you want to, since it's your visit Rafael slipped the mug into his pack and then waited.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 7:18 pm

Ronnie shrugged, cupping her warm tea with both hands. "We should probably leave soon, because it's a bit of a drive. Not that far, but two hours or so," she replied, tapping the heel of her boot lightly against the stone base of the fountain.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 7:54 pm

Rafael nodded and then smiled at a funny thought that popped into his head.Well then, I guess we should go on that road trip now. Rafael pulled his keys out and then made a mental note to stop at his old house to pick up some money. His hand brushed against a piece of silver that was shaped like a heart. It had been a locket that he was gunna give to his first girlfriend, yet Ronnie was his first girlfriend. He made another mental note to give her the locket before the day was over. Yet that wasn't important at that time.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 8:23 pm

((Coding failure? xDD I edited it because it bothered me LOL))

Ronnie nodded. "Yes, we probably should," she said with a small smile, suppressing her nervousness for now. Ronnie stood, gently slipping out from beneath Rafael's arm, and waited for him to rise so they could go.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 8:38 pm

((Sorry, it was because my internet was being stupid. -_-))

Rafael stood up and slipped the locket back into his pocket. It was a thing he had to do, but he wouldn't give her the locket just yet. Then Rafael grabbed his keys and smiled. He held out his arm and spoke in a terrible Southern accent. Shall we, my dear Ronnie?
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 9:03 pm

((It's fine!))

Ronnie smirked as he spoke, nudging him lightly before taking his arm. "I suppose we shall," she responded with laughter in her voice, beginning to walk with him towards Half Blood Hill. She dropped her paper bag in a wastebasket on the way.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 9:29 pm

Rafael grinned as he moved a bit from Ronnie's shove but then they started to move to the edge of camp. The strawberry fields passed by and a warm, sweet aroma met his nose. Rafael saw people training at the arenas and more come running out of the forest. It was a normal day and he didn't know what was ever bad here. Rafael saw someone he'd only seen a couple times. The blonde son of Jupiter, Jason Grace, raced by without a second glance at them.

The Rafael crested Half-blood Hill and saw his Taurus. It was normal and he was ready for anything to happen, as long as it wasn't another monster attack. With a click of his key remote, Rafael unlocked the door of his car.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 5:53 pm

Ronnie walked with Rafael, and their stroll was rather peaceful. She noticed that boy Jason Grace running by, which struck her as odd, but they kept walking. Was she really going to see her daughter in the next few hours? It still didn't seem real, even though she'd been processing this all night. She opened the door to the car and got in, waiting for Rafael.

((I apologize for the crap post... LOL))
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 7:57 pm

Rafael opened his car door and slid into the drivers seat. It was rather uncomfortable, so he moved the seat back and adjusted the mirrors. The ignition started and the normal vibrations shuddered through his legs. Rafael smiled and glanced at Ronnie. Do you mind if we make a stop at my old house so I can grab some cash? Rafael stared out the windshield as they moved down the small road toward the city.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 8:06 pm

"It's fine!" Ronnie said, buckling her seat belt and taking another sip of her tea, which seemed to have more of a lulling effect than an energizing one. Maybe she'd used decaf by accident? She poorly stifled a yawn, leaning back into the soft interior of the passenger seat. "Where is your house?" she asked as they drove along, thinking of something else that she voiced. "Does your dad live there?"

Ronnie felt weird asking such questions. She felt as if she should already know the answers. Rafael knew a lot about her past, but she didn't know too much about his. Suddenly it struck her as kind of odd. She also felt like she was prying. He hadn't told her anything about even having a dad, but she assumed he must.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 9:46 pm

Rafael glanced at his watch and saw that it was only 8:30 in the morning. His eyes were downcast at the mention of his father and a lump formed in his throat. Finally he turned and sped down the streets. A rather small house sat at the edge of the park and it had a brown door with tan siding. It was hard for him to talk about his dad. My dad was killed in a plane crash almost ten years ago. Rafael put the Taurus in park and turned to Ronnie. The sad look in his eye was hard enough to alert her he didn't want sympathy.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 11:36 pm

It took Rafael a while to respond, and Ronnie felt guilty. His father could have been dead, or abusive, or a number of things, and she'd just kind of asked the question randomly. Finally, he spoke, and she nodded. She didn't say "I'm sorry," because she had hated that when her own father died. It just made her feel annoyed at the person who'd said it, because it wasn't like they understood what she went through and it wasn't their fault.

Ronnie met Rafael's eyes when he looked at her, and she tried to show that she understood how he was feeling. "Okay," she said after a few seconds. It sounded a bit brash, after what he'd just told her, but she knew it was the only thing she could say. They'd parked in front of a small house. Ronnie wondered who lived there with him, but she figured she would find out.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/19/2012, 9:49 am

Rafael nodded and then saw the front door open slowly. A broad shouldered, middle-aged man with bronzed skin stepped out and saw them. His face showed confusion, then fear, and quickly changed to joy. Rafael climbed out of the car and grinned. Uncle, I have arrived for a little bit. His uncle walked forward and hugged him in a tight embrace. "Who's the beautiful young lady with you, nephew?" Rafael turned to face Ronnie and then back to his uncle. She is my girlfriend and a really nice person. Why don't you talk to her while I grab some stuff? Rafael walked into the house and turned into his old room. There was a full-size gun safe that Rafael immediately opened. Inside were three thousand dollars and several weapons. Rafael grabbed his money but left the weapons. His hands shook as he closed the safe and heard the tumblers click. Then he grabbed his father's chain and wallet. He slipped the cash into the leather case and then walked back outside.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 3:36 pm

Rafael's uncle emerged from the house, to Ronnie's surprise. Rafael resembled him a little bit, actually... though not much. She smiled, following Rafael as he moved to greet his uncle. It was good that he had living relatives, since he didn't have his father. She couldn't help but laugh when Rafael introduced her, obviously in a hurry.

"I guess that was pretty accurate..." she murmured as her went off, looking back to his uncle with a grin. "I'm Ronnie," she introduced herself, feeling slightly awkward, but not really. This was obviously someone who Rafael felt comfortable with. She wondered vaguely where he'd run off to, but figured he'd be back in a second.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 5:46 pm

Rafael's uncle smiled in a confused way. He wasn't sure what was happening but Rafael seemed distracted. "Well, hello Ronnie. I see that my shy nephew has finally found someone he actually likes. How did he convince you to date him, since he couldn't even talk to girls when he lived here?" Rafael suddenly appeared next to his uncle and spoke. Well, I do believe it is time to leave now, Uncle. Sorry about the rush but we really are in a hurry. Rafael turned to go to the car when his uncle spoke again. "Rafael! Didn't you have that locket you were..." Rafael whirled around and stared at his uncle in shock. Finally he reached into his pocket and drew the chain-and-heart locket. He turned to Ronnie and spoke to her. He is talking about this locket. I was intending on giving it to you when we were on the way there. Yet, it is the locket I was going to give to my first girlfriend, which is you. Rafael's cheeks flared a deep reddish color.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 9:17 pm

Ronnie laughed as he spoke, and Rafael seemed to materialize out of nowhere before she could respond. "We're-" Ronnie was about to protest to his statement before his uncle started saying something. She listened to him, confused. A locket? Rafael seemed disturbed by the mention of this so-called locket, his a blush coming to his cheeks. Finally he explained to her, at which point she started blushing. He had pulled it out from his pocket and she looked at it. It was beautiful, and he must've spent a lot of time picking it out.

"Oh," she replied, which was all she could say for a few seconds. Receiving the necklace from him made their relationship seem so much more official... committed. It should have disconcerted her, maybe, but it didn't. She was just a little taken aback. Hastily, Ronnie kissed Rafael on the cheek probably causing him to blush more in front of his uncle. "It's beautiful, Rafael... thank you," she said sincerely, meeting his eyes for a brief moment before breaking away, her cheeks burning.

"We don't need to leave right away, if you don't want us to," Ronnie said, continuing her statement that she'd tried to make earlier. "I mean, we can't stay for long, but we can stay for another hour or two. It's still pretty early," she suggested, looking back and forth between Rafael and his uncle. She owed this to Rafael, for going with her, for even taking her, for understanding her. He deserved time with his uncle, that is, if he wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/22/2012, 11:07 am

Rafael was relieved when Ronnie took the locket and almost sighed but then she kissed him on the cheek and his blush immediately went to a deeper red that covered his cheeks. It wasn't until she said that they could stay for a little while that Rafael finally remembered that they were at his uncle's house. He looked back toward his uncle and saw the older man smiling and then he looked away. Rafael turned to Ronnie and agreed about staying. We could stay for an hour or so, just don't embarrass me, please, Uncle. I am already good at doing that myself. Rafael took his time and then he pulled the keys out of the ignition and locked the car. He wasn't stupid enough to allow people the chance to steal his car and potentially ruin their trip to see Ronnie's daughter. As Rafael thought about that, he realized that he was nervous about seeing the family that Rose lived with. His eyes were obviously showing his nervousness and how much he was worried about what they would think about him. His uncle was accepting of Ronnie, but Rafael wasn't sure they would be so accepting of him as well.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/22/2012, 11:54 pm

Ronnie grinned at Rafael, glad to make him happy and amused at his interaction with his uncle, his ease. She figured that maybe staying at his uncle's house would take her mind off of her nervousness, if only for an hour or two. Rafael left to lock the car and then reentered, and Ronnie glanced up at him. He seemed uncertain as well, for whatever reason. "You okay?" she asked him softly.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/23/2012, 10:43 am

Rafael smiled at Ronnie and nodded at her. He wasn't sure what was wrong, or why he was so nervous about meeting her daughter and the adopted parents. Rafael just wasn't sure if things were going to be good or if they would think of him as another guy who would take advantage of Ronnie. He was sure that they were a sweet couple and that they may not be so judgmental, it was just that he hadn't been in this position. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit nervous about meeting Rose and her adopted parents. Rafael said it in an undertone and tried to make it hard for his uncle to know what he was saying. He didn't need his former caretaker to judge him as well, or think badly about Ronnie.
Rafael's uncle looked at the two teenagers in front of him and then chuckled. He was always a good mannered adult, and knew that there were always times where they needed to just leave quickly. "You guys don't have to stay for long, I just have one thing that I want to give you, Rafael, before you guys take off for where ever it is." With that, the middle aged man waled into the house and shut the door to look for something.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/23/2012, 9:45 pm

((Omg it would be so funny if his uncle overheard and assumed they'd had a child together LOL. sorry for the sporadic posting, school has been crazy. :s))

Ronnie raised an eyebrow at him in surprise, his uncle leaving the room once more. "You're nervous?" she asked him, almost astonished. She hadn't really thought, in all of her nervousness, that it was possible he was as well. "Why are you nervous?" she asked him, laughing slightly in her disbelief. It was a bit odd, but she supposed she understood why he might be intimidated. "I'm really nervous, but that's kind of a given. I'm meeting my daughter, who I haven't seen in over a year since she's born, as well as her adoptive family. That's kind of nerve-wracking." Ronnie spoke in a hushed tone. It was unlikely Rafael's uncle even heard her speaking. If he did, it might raise some questions. The thought amused her, but also frightened her a bit, for she didn't want to have to explain her whole situation to him, even if he was Rafael's uncle.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/23/2012, 10:17 pm

It was only a few seconds that passed before Rafael's uncle slipped out of the front door and walked back over to the two. He was holding a leather-bound book that looked like it belonged in a library, yet that didn't matter. As soon as he was within range of hearing, Rafael's uncle caught the words 'daughter' and 'adopted parents' which may have been very few but he still stopped in shock. His hands grew numb and the book hit the ground before he realized he was really reacting. Rafael's uncle spoke up quickly. "You...you didn't have a child, Rafael, did you?" He wasn't sure why, but the older man was scared of what happened to his brother happening to his nephew. I know...wait what?!? Rafael had started to respond to Ronnie when he heard his uncle ask the question. It hadn't been very long but Rafael thought the world froze when he heard his uncle ask about Rose. No, sir. I didn't have a child, it is complicated so can we discuss this when I get back?
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/28/2012, 12:11 am

((I APOLOGIZE AGAIN MY LIFE HAS BEEN BOMBARDED BY INSANITY IN THE FORM OF THE EDUCATION SYSTEM))

Rafael's uncle accused Rafael of having a child with her, and Ronnie blushed profusely, though she couldn't help but laugh at the expression on Rafael's face. She was relieved when Rafael asked to discuss it later, though she did speak up. "Don't worry, your nephew did nothing of the sort," she said, chuckling slightly, hoping his uncle wouldn't gripe about the subject. She really didn't feel like explaining her story right now, and she was scared that he would judge her.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/28/2012, 12:59 pm

Rafael's uncle stared at Rafael for a few seconds and then nodded in acceptance. He leaned down and grabbed the leather bound book with a haste that most people didn't show. He wasn't very satisfied with the answer that Rafael had given for his reasoning but the older man accepted it for now. "I want to know about this when you next return. Anyhow, this is the journal that your father kept. He said that it had information about your mother before she disappeared and that you would one day need it. I am giving it to you now, don't make me regret what I am doing." With that, the older man handed the book to Rafael and went inside before he could lash out at his nephew. I guess we should go now Ronnie. He is going to be like this for a while and I can tell he doesn't believe us about Rose. So, let us be off. Rafael turned to the car and got in. He started the ignition and put his head down. It had been an eventful visit, and now his uncle thought he had fathered a child.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/29/2012, 1:14 am

Ronnie and Rafael walked back to the car in silence, Ronnie getting into the passenger seat. She gazed back at the house, weary, before looking to Rafael. She felt awful that she'd caused his uncle to make that assumption about him, and she imagined it would've been terribly embarrassing for Rafael.

"I'm sorry, Rafael. I shouldn't have said anything to you, not in his house. It was a dumb decision..." she trailed off, looking at her hands. "If you want, we could go back inside, and I'll tell him the whole story. I don't want him to think badly of you, because of me," Ronnie offered, guilt lacing her tone. She didn't meet his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next