Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/10/2013, 10:38 pm

Ronnie finally looked up to see Rafael looking away to her, and the pained tone of his voice struck a chord in her heart. She realized that this must not be the first time that someone was denying- or nearly denying- him due to this curse, something he couldn't control. Just like others had denied her when she was pregnant at sixteen years old, or they found out what had been done to her, something that she couldn't have stopped. Her own eyes burned as she realized what she was inflicting upon him, the guilt eating into her. Ronnie couldn't afford to be selfish, not right now. She knew what it felt like to need someone, and even if Ronnie wasn't sure if it was in her best interest to stay involved with Rafael, she knew that he needed her and it was her responsibility to stand by his side. He'd listened to her problems and had wholly accepted her, earning her trust when other couldn't. She couldn't just leave him.

Ronnie still wasn't sure if she was in love with him, but she trusted him and he was her friend, and she wasn't about to get rid of him or let him say goodbye.

And it was suddenly very clear to her.

She was about to reach out and hug him, but she realized she was still covered in ichor and monster dust. Making a face in her distaste, she swallowed her apprehension and spoke to him instead, searching his face in the hope that he'd meet her eyes.

"Okay," she said simply, softly, and paused for a moment, trying to think of how to put what she was going to tell him. "I don't think I'm letting you say goodbye to me anytime soon, though."

Again she sought his eyes, trying to fully communicate what she had spoken to him, to make him understand.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/11/2013, 7:58 pm

Rafael was getting tired of all of the bogus shit that happened whenever someone found out that he was a target with the hitmen hired by a Greek titaness. They were always strange at first but then something would change and the people around him would slowly fade away until one day they would never talk to him again. Each time something like that happened, Rafael would fade away, but he never thought it would be like this with Ronnie. Then he heard her say something and the words struck him as strange. She had just said that she wouldn't allow him to say good bye to her.

Rafael was about to look up when he stopped. If it came to it, the fight would be too much for any of them. And when that day happened, he wouldn't allow Ronnie to get hurt because of him. Even if it was his father's fault that he was in this position, it was his responsibility, his curse, to keep everyone safe. If they didn't fall because they were protecting someone themselves, then they would be blood on his hands, and that wouldn't be Ronnie. So, Rafael let his head sink a bit and spoke.

Ronnie, if it comes to it, then the fight will be too much. I can't allow you to be injured because of me. It is my curse and with all curses comes responsibility. I have to accept that responsibility. Sorry...

Rafael just couldn't look at Ronnie, so he kept his hands down. The whole time, his vision rested upon the wings. It would be so easy to just activate them and fly away. Yet, his body wouldn't move or obey him, almost like there was something he wasn't getting. Rafael felt as if he was being too down on himself, yet it was true that he wouldn't allow anything to hurt Ronnie. Besides, she had said it herself, she didn't love him. So that meant he was wasting his time.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/11/2013, 11:51 pm

((When did she say she didn't love him? I don't remember that! But she may have, or she may have implied it. She doesn't necessarily not love him; she's just not sure she's IN love with him. She sees him as a friend and definitely likes him.))

Ronnie's heart stung as he couldn't look at her, and she knew that she'd struck something deeper in him earlier without realizing it. He was so sensitive; she must not have realized that what she had said was going to affect him. And she understood it, to some degree. He didn't want to be responsible for bringing her more pain, for getting her injured because of some curse that he was forced to bear by his father. But she had pushed him away, even after they'd established that she'd had issues trusting others, and in her frustration and misunderstanding of his curse she had managed to push him farther away. While before she was unable to push him away, and he was determined to win her over for some reason she didn't understand, now she'd had him convinced that she didn't want him, and that she was going to hurt him.

Ronnie didn't want to hurt him.

"Sorry?" she echoed him, trying to figure out what he meant. Obviously, he wasn't sure what to do about her, and it seemed like he was slowly, purposefully slipping away from her.

"Rafael, I don't have to be overshadowed by your curse if I want to be with you," Ronnie began, taking a breath and trying to muster up the energy to stay coherent. "In camp, we're safe. Unless something goes very wrong, monsters aren't just going to come loping in through the borders. If we leave camp, it's another story. If I leave alone, I can't see there being a problem, but if we leave together... I don't know if that's a good idea, not right now. But that doesn't mean that we can't be with one another." Ronnie paused for a second, looking back to him and trying to meet his gaze. Frustrated, she reached out, tracing his cheek with her fingertips and hoping he would look at her.

"If you're under the illusion that I don't like you, or something, I promise you that that isn't true. I love you, at least as a friend. I don't know if you get it, if I've been sending you mixed signals, but I appreciate you. You have no idea how much you've helped me in the last few days. I can talk to you, I can touch you and not feel dread and grief, I can trust you, and I can call you my friend. I have no one, save for my stepmom, who I trust enough to talk to like I can talk to you... and even with her it's difficult. I know this all sounds hokey and dumb, but I need you, still. I was being selfish before, and I still am, but I didn't realize that it was affecting you so negatively... and I'm sorry. But I'm not about to let you just break all of your ties with me because you're scared that I'm going to get hurt, because I've been hurt many times before, and trust me, I don't think that you're capable of hurting me more than I have been already. I'm learning, and I'm strong, and I'm training. I'll be alright. I need you to understand that.

"I don't know what you want to do, but I need to know what you feel. You know about me."

Ronnie watched Rafael carefully, unsure as to how she wanted him to reply.

((Well here you have the unnecessarily long, sappy speech. LOL I apologize for the melodrama))
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/12/2013, 10:57 am

((It was implied around the time where they first made it to the road that had the sinister message.))

Rafael finally looked up as he felt Ronnie's fingers. She was really trying to let him know she didn't want to let him go. So, he listened to her, but not just to her words. Rafael started listening to the tone of how she said everything, and the underlying emotions that colored everythng she said. He heard regret and some form of blame, but why would she be blaming herself. Yet in the mix was a feeling that he thought was fear, fear of losing him since she trusted him. Immediately, Rafael stiffened his will and replied.

Ronnie, I'm sorry for that. You aren't in any danger here, and I can almost guarantee you won't be in danger for a year or so. Either way, you are capable of taking care of yourself.

Rafael grew embarrassed as he realized that he had been in the wrong. On a spur of the moment impulse, and trying to show Ronnie he was sorry, Rafael leaned forward and kissed Ronnie. The kiss wasn't one that was all too romantic, but more he wanted to let her know that there was no way that he would say good bye to her.

((Screw melodrama, I like a more direct approach.))
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/13/2013, 1:37 am

((I prefer direct approaches, usually, especially when it comes to RPs.. but in this roleplay I wasn't really sure where to start and what I was doing so I wound up having her make some crazy long confession LOL))

Ronnie stiffened automatically when Rafael kissed her. She had tried to prepare herself for this scenario, but her mind screamed at her anyway, memories threatening to burst through. Thankfully, the romantic aspect of the kiss was toned down, and it was more of a conveyance of understanding and loyalty than of the heat and passion that would more quickly trigger her. Instead of freaking out, Ronnie was easily able to suppress her negative emotion and hold the kiss for just a moment before pulling away, just breathing and looking at him as she tried to formulate words. It took her a little over half of a minute, but she managed to pull together her frazzled, exhausted mind to speak.

"I take it you're not going to say goodbye to me anytime soon, now, right? Because that would suck."
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/13/2013, 1:05 pm

Rafael grinned as soon as Ronnie ended the kiss. He hadn't really thought things through before kissing her but apparently it wasn't that bad. That was when she asked him a question. It was kind of strange hearing her ask if he was going to leave her after that, and it almost shocked him, but he just brushed it aside. Using a tone of understanding and humor, Rafael spoke lightly.

If I left you now, would I ever get the chance to kiss you again? I don't think I could leave just yet, so no I won't say good bye right now.

Rafael let his grin fade and he adopted a look of more calm seriousness before finishing his thoughts.

So, was I making you uncomfortable when I kissed you just now? Because that wasn't my intention at all.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/13/2013, 6:37 pm

Ronnie shook her head. "You didn't make me uncomfortable... I mean, at first I freaked out a little bit, but that had nothing to do with you." Ronnie looked at him. She smiled weakly, leaning over to kiss his cheek before lying back down on the cot, looking up at the ceiling for a second.

"Gods, I'm tired," she murmured, tilting her head to look back to Rafael. She thought for a second about how he had said that he wasn't leaving "just yet." What did that mean? It seemed to imply that he was going to leave her eventually, and it rose uncertainty in her. She figured she couldn't dwell on it, though.

She suddenly remembered her phone call with Sam, and she stiffened slightly. Nothing had come of it, so far, and she prayed it would remain that way. The last thing Ronnie needed was to have him to jump back into her life. At this point, she'd stopped looking at Rafael, lost in her haze of fatigue and thought.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime1/14/2013, 11:40 am

Rafael leaned back against the wall in his chair as his mind wandered from the present to the past few years. In every year, he had asked a girl out or had been close to when a monster attacked him. Every time that had happened, he had been forced to leave before they could get hurt. Yet, closer to the time he came to camp, he had fallen in love with someone, a girl who seemed to be different, almost as if she weren't just human but more of a different kind of person. It was around that time that a monster had attacked him and he had been unable to flee. In that moment, all of his previous encounters flashed before his eyes, every girl's face in front of him. Then the screams of his love ripped through the air. He had seen the monster but hadn't realized what had occurred. The beast had gone after the girl and had ripped her a new hole, one in her back. Rafael had screamed in rage and had been able to kill the monster with all of the adrenaline flowing through his veins. Rafael then had walked to the love he had been with and heard her last words. "Don't mourn my passing, for I am not just a human. You should know that I was destined to die as a defense for you. I am a demigod daughter of Thanatos." Rafael had cried and then with her last breathe, the girl had said his name and three words that had stuck in his throat until he had met Ronnie.

Snapping out of his travels to the past, Rafael remembered only the girl's name, Katilyn Rosaline Simmons. Rafael stared at Ronnie for a few seconds and then realized that she was also not paying much attention to the present. Then Rafael closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall. As soon as that happened, he passed out and was soon dreaming of the past few days.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 1:02 am

((I figured I'd post here because we're kind of at a standstill at the other topic, now. Very Happy))

Ronnie had fallen asleep unknowingly and she woke up after a while, maybe 13 hours or so, feeling heavy with sleep but well-rested. She blinked, her eyes adjusting to the sunlight that streamed through the window before she spotted Rafael, fast asleep with his head propped against the wall of the infirmary. She smiled because the sight was amusing, though he couldn't have been comfortable. Gently, she grabbed a smaller pillow and slid it beneath his head, which now looked even funnier because who put a pillow against a wall and slept with their head against that? Oh well, at least he might feel better upon waking up. Deciding that she was gross, Ronnie got up and left for her cabin, grabbing some new clothes before taking a long, hot shower and ridding herself of any remnants of monster dust or ichor. She brushed her teeth and ran a wide-toothed comb through her hair, drying it a little with a blow dryer before reentering the infirmary and sitting down on the cot again across from Rafael. She took out a book she'd brought with her, picking it up and reading to her heart's content as she waited for him to wake up- it wasn't like she had anything better to do.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 6:24 am

Rafael woke up around 14 hours after arriving at the infirmary, but how did he fall asleep. It was really odd but his neck was killing him. Then Rafael noticed the sun light streaming through the window and saw that it was really dark outside. Must be around sunset. Rafael sat up and stretched while moving the pillow back to the cot at the same time. What time is it right now? Did anything strange happen while I was out?

Rafael stood up slowly and walked toward the door. His head hurt a bit but at least it had been restful sleep. The Hecate child glanced toward Ronnie and then opened the door, only to see a large dark black horse and a pegasus. Both of the equestrians had riders on them and for some reason Rafael was awestruck by the guy on the pegasus. As if in a trance, Rafael walked out and spoke to the guy on the pegasus. Hey, what is your name?
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 8:05 pm

((I wasn't sure where to post so I just posted here xDD and I totally just approximated the time))

Ronnie looked up from her book as he spoke, smiling lightly at his confusion and holding her finger between the pages to keep her place. "It's maybe 9 am," she spoke, pulling the knit blanket she'd grabbed from her cabin around her shoulders. "Not much happened, that I'm aware of. I only woke up an hour or so ago, though."

Voices could be heard vaguely outside, but Ronnie didn't really tune into them until Rafael got up and walked to the door.

"I can name the pegasus?" asked Samuel in disbelief after nodding, taking in the information that Cyril had provided him with. He watched him, waiting for a response before someone spoke to him from the doorway of the infirmary. He turned to see a guy, whose voice he felt like he knew from somewhere, though he couldn't put his finger on it. "Who, me?" he asked, unsure as to who the guy was referring to as he was just looking in his general direction.

Ronnie was startled by the voice she heard through the infirmary's screen door. The accent was so... distinct. And she knew that accent. She knew that voice. Goosebumps rose on her arms and she forced herself to get up, and she made her way to the doorway. Looking carefully through the screen so as not to draw attention to herself, she saw him. He looked almost the same as when she'd left him, with his majesty atop his pegasus, except he'd matured a little bit. His voice was the same, for sure. She inhaled sharply, her breath hitching. This couldn't be happening. How did he get here? He was a demigod?

She should have known. She should have known.

"I'm Samuel Windsor," he spoke, figuring it was no use covering up his name now. "Sam, really, but it's not a big deal. And you?" He dismounted the pegasus and landed easily on his feet. Even his apparel was the same as when he was back home.

Samuel spoke and her stomach dropped. Was he really here? She leaned against the wall of the infirmary and forced herself to take a breath. She didn't want to look out and see how Rafael was reacting to this, because she couldn't imagine it would be good if he'd put the pieces together. She breathed in deeply and took a sip of water before opening the door to the infirmary and stepping out. Her presence would hold off impulsive conflict with Rafael, at least to a certain degree. He'd remember... or so she prayed.

She fell right back into acting. Her best poker face hid most of the weak emotions she was experiencing at the moment and she spoke to Sam under a mask of relative calm, like this happened everyday.

"Veronica?" he spoke softly, in disbelief. His voice saying her name struck a chord in her. She'd heard him use that tone before. She didn't move a step from the door, but she raised an eyebrow at him subtly as if daring him to go on. He'd be getting vibes from her instantly. "What are you doing here?"

Ronnie didn't look at Rafael. She couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 9:54 pm

((It's alright, I couldn't figure out if I should estimate time or maybe just post a random time of day.))

Rafael was beginning to wake up fully when the kid atop the pegasus replied to him with a simple name that meant nothing to him, at least at first. Then Rafael seemed to split off from his normal manner of acting and his eyes went feral. That name! It can't be. Rafael was smart and normally calm but the past days were spent with him learning about Ronnie and how this guy was a complete jerk.

You don't want to know my name, or really you don't need to know it. I swear to the gods...

It was about that time that Rafael realized he was supposed to let Ronnie deal with him. If it had been any other person or situation, Rafael would have been forced to hurt Sam. Then the son of Hecate noticed the other kid step onto the grass just beyond Sam's vision and put his hand on his sword. Things were beginning to seem like a hostile situation.

Talk to Ronnie, if she wants to speak to shit like you. Maybe she'll tell you who I am.

Cyril was beginning to wonder if Hrimfaxi was tired or something when some older teenager walked out of the infirmary. He looked dazed and tired, as if he had just woke from a painful memory. Then Cyril saw the telltale signs of anger and aggression coming on. The feral look in his eyes and the sharp point of his jaw as he clenched his teeth to try and keep from fighting. Cyril couldn't take it anymore. He dismounted and stood to Sam's right side and slowly rested his hand on the ancient king's scepter hilt on his hip.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/2/2013, 2:01 am

"I think the better question is what are you doing here and how the hell did you find my cell phone number?" Ronnie spoke, trying her hardest to suppress her emotion. Her words came out quickly, and nerves in the form of anger laced her tone. "Do you think you can just come back here and take me back like nothing bad happened between us? Do you understand what you did to me? How are you even-"

"Veronica," he spoke, and somehow the word had more of an impact than he'd expected. She froze, and her mouth opened and closed and opened again and she was at a loss for words suddenly. "I cannot begin to apologize for my actions. They were unacceptable. I didn't mean to hurt you, or drive you away. I got so caught up in the situation and the alcohol confused my brain and I wish that I'd never hurt you. Please, Veronica, listen to me," he pleaded, and his words had an effect. He was so desperate and aiming his guilt at Ronnie, and she almost wanted to believe him, to forgive him. Why? Why the hell would she want to do that? She blinked.

"I listened," Ronnie spoke, extremely confused. She snapped out of it, looking to Rafael who was seething and the armed boy who stood beside Sam. "You're right. You can't begin to apologize for your actions. They were unacceptable.... but I- I can't forgive you. I don't care what your intentions were. I can't. Why are you here, to bother me? Why can't you just leave?" Emotion colored her tone as Samuel took a step forward, maybe six feet in front of her now.

"I tried to help things, Veronica. I tried to take down things from the inside, when you left. I knew I'd done wrong by you, and I worked my hardest to correct the wrongs, but I could not. It was so difficult, and my father had so many affiliates- I was unable to take rule before we were infiltrated... that's not my point. Every day I feel guilty for my sin, and every day I prayed that I would find you again so I could tell you this. When I arrived in America, I thought that maybe..." he trailed off, stumbling forward another step. "I needed to find you, to see you. I found your phone number by chance and called you and I traveled all over the land to escape these infernal monsters. Finally, a satyr told me about this camp, and after my arrival I was greeted by this fellow, Cyril, and now you're here and I was never expecting to see you, my fiancee. I still love you, Vi. It is so difficult to live every day and know that I have driven you away from me. I cannot stop loving you. Surely-"

Ronnie had been hypnotized by his emotion but she snapped at his later words: "I love you, Vi." Her emotions roiled inside of her chest and she felt faint, backing up against the screen door of the infirmary as he stepped forward towards her.

"Do not call me by the name," she threatened, her voice wavering. "And I am not your fiancee."

"Please, Veronica, I-" he took a step closer, and she was reminded of him approaching her that last night, the look in his eyes so fragile like now. Something inside of her broke. She wanted to wither away and die right there. He couldn't really be there he wasn't there she was blinking and when she opened her eyes he would be gone. She blinked. He was still there. He smelt like his usual cologne. He reached a hand out and grazed her shoulder and the noise that came out of her throat was involuntary and inhuman. She thought she was going to pass out. Her head spun.

"Don't touch me,"she spoke softly, slipping underneath his arm and taking a few long, backward steps away from him. She couldn't look at him. He couldn't be real.

"I love you," he insisted, and she froze again. He loved her? She blinked as he took another step towards her and she was drawn from her reverie, coming to a realization. He was a son of Aphrodite, and it was so very difficult to resist listening to him. His eyes were filled with tears and a pang of involuntary sympathy shot through her chest as her emotions rose up and threatened to choke her.

"Go away," she spoke hopelessly, her voice lilting as she suppressed hysteria. He faltered in his movement toward her. "Leave me alone," she whispered, and the emotion in her voice was rival to his own, exaggerated emotion. Her memories alone were enough to trigger her; seeing him in person was the biggest trigger possible. She was almost shocked that she hadn't gone into full out panic attack mode yet.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/2/2013, 10:00 am

Rafael was standing straight up and about to confront the other boy when he heard the conversation between Ronnie and Sam. It was kind of strange that Ronnie was so nervous but that didn't matter since Sam wasn't listening to her. Finally Rafael caved in and allowed his frustrations and anger to wash over his body. With a few steps toward Ronnie and several moments to think, Rafael moved in between Ronnie and Sam. Do you not know how to take a hint? She told you to leave her alone and go away. That means GO AWAY NOW! Rafael stopped and felt almost like he had to protect his girlfriend from the pain. With a few more deep breaths and no help from the breathing, Rafael moved at a speed he didn't recognize. Rafael stepped to the side and swung a quick but powerful right cross aimed for Sam's chest.

Cyril was grinning as soon as he saw the kid who seemed to be barely controlling his anger turn away. It was always this way, with people being intimidated by his sheer dark aura and very cool demeanor. Sam was talking to this girl, Veronica, and Cyril realized there must have been some bad blood between them. It also meant that there had to be bad blood between Sam and this other guy. Cyril was about to climb back into the saddle on Hrimfaxi's back when he saw the telltale signs of fighting arise. The split second decisions were a blur as Cyril drew his sword and moved to Sam's side, but he doubted he could get there before the punch landed. If anything happened to Sam then Cyril would cut down this other guy.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 2:14 am

((Why does Rafael think it's weird that Ronnie is nervous? Just curious xD))

As soon as Rafael stepped in front of her Ronnie felt instantly relieved but just as instantly anxious again. She didn't know what he was going to do to Sam. She didn't know what she wanted him to do to Sam. She didn't know how she felt about Sam. Sure, she hated him after everything that had happened and she could barely even look at him, but she didn't want him dead. It was obvious he was remorseful, and she felt pity for him, though she certainly didn't excuse him for his actions. She didn't think it was possible for anyone to be so damaged by someone and be able to forgive them fully afterwards. She still didn't understand how people could face someone who'd done something like this to them daily. She didn't think she could. Just seeing him here, having him touch her had reopened a wound she hadn't even realized had healed. Her breath hitched. Ronnie felt dizzy. Rafael yelled but she wasn't listening, not really.

Bam. It hit Samuel like a ton of bricks. His breath was drawn from his lungs and he flew a foot or two backwards, falling back onto his side and gasping as he collided with the hard-packed dirt ground. Ronnie gasped from somewhere to his right. He could barely process anything. Tears dripped from his eyes. He'd deserved the punch. This guy. This guy was the guy from the phone conversation. Samuel knew it from his voice. He coughed, choking on dust, before he managed words and forced himself up unsteadily. He held up a hand to Cyril as if to say "stop," but he wasn't sure the guy got the message. The young prince seemed pretty intense. Samuel took a shaky breath and spoke to Rafael, looking him directly in the eye. He wasn't so abashed that he couldn't meet the boy's gaze, though it cut through him.

"I apologize," he spoke softly, rubbing his arm gingerly. He'd fallen on it, and it hurt. His chest hurt too. "I shouldn't- I should have realized. I wasn't expecting to meet her here, and my emotions got the better of me." He looked to Veronica, who stood leaning against the infirmary's shingles, obviously shaken. Her eyes were wide, taking him in. There was a mixture of anger and fear and brokenness that he recognized in them from the last time he'd seen her, and it twisted his gut. Subconsciously he took another step towards her, though Rafael stood in the way, now.

Ronnie's fist clenched and unclenched, and she was obviously conflicted. Her stature gave away everything. She tried desperately to keep up her act.

"You know, I don't quite see how it's in your right to keep me from speaking with my-" he cut himself off. Not fiancee. "My ex-fiancee." He turned to Ronnie. "Please, can you just give me a moment? I don't expect you to forgive me, but-"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 6:29 am

Rafael grinned as he saw his fist send this guy flying back a couple feet. He didn't exactly find Sam as a bad guy but when someone said to go away that normally meant they didn't want to talk to them at the moment. Yet Rafael had completed his part of the confrontation.

Cyril was about to swing the Stygian Iron blade when Sam held a calming hand toward him. Since it was that person he was trying to defend, the prince lifted the blade and with one hand against the top flat of the blade, Cyril sheathed it. The calm sound of steel rubbing against soft leather an sheep's skin sounded through the clearing. Are you all right, Sam? These were the words he had chosen out of all of the possible threats toward this other guy and the girl Veronica. He knew that one day this would come back to bite him in the ass but Cyril didn't care.

Rafael was about to walk away when he heard Sam's question toward him. That was probably the worst thing to ask someone when you were lying on the ground at their mercy. I can stop you as best I can because I am someone who cares if Ronnie gets over the pain you caused her. Of course, I'm also the person who saved her life as well as the life of you daughter. My name is Rafael and I am Ronnie's current boyfriend. So just leave her alone and leave with your little guard dog boy here.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 10:04 pm

Samuel nodded at Cyril. "I'm fine, yeah," he said, before facing Rafael, who seemed livid. He was going to apologize again, maybe and come up with- wait, what had he just said. Samuel froze, and it took him a couple seconds before he processed what had happened, something he had never even thought about: he had gotten her pregnant. She had had his daughter. He had a daughter. Holy freaking shit. New guilt washed over him in a tidal wave and he was barely able to respond, mouth agape.

"My daughter?" All of the confidence seemed to drain from his face, as if he was re-realizing the scope of the situation he'd gotten himself- and Veronica- into. His voice was soft, careful, and maybe even frightened. His eyes shifted from the fuming Rafael to Ronnie, whose expression was so mixed he couldn't decide what she was feeling.

Ronnie's attempt at acting had melted into a puddle of goo, dripping down to the ground beneath her feet. All of her emotions were displayed on her face clearly, except for those that ran too deep to be fully expressed. She was angry at Rafael, because she hadn't planned on saying anything about that to Samuel had she seen him again, but her anger was minimal compared to the confusion and horror she felt because he knew. He knew, now. She felt almost glad to see him look so guilty, because he must have been realizing exactly what she'd had to go through because of him, but she was also terrified. What if he wanted to get involved in her life again, now? What if he wanted to meet Rose? She hadn't even gotten to meet Rose, not since she was born. Her mind raced. Samuel gaped at her. Ronnie looked at Rafael, shooting him a look that was a mixture of a sarcastic "Thanks a lot," but a more prominent, meaningful "Thanks for helping me with this because I'm a mess." She looked back to Sam. She felt like she should say something to him, but she felt sick. She couldn't handle this right now, not after everything that'd been happening all day. He'd stood so close to her, touching her skin, and it'd made her relive so much that she hadn't had to think about for years. She took a deep breath, picking back up what was left of her facade and wearing it as best she could and repressing her emotion towards Samuel, towards everything.

"Thanks for that, Sam. I hope you were glad to see me, because I can't do this right now," She wished she could have come up with something more dramatic, or something that had more closure, but she couldn't. She turned around and reopened the infirmary door because she couldn't think of anywhere else she could go at the moment to get away from him.

"Wait, Vi!" Sam called, but it was too late. Now he was alone with a pathetic prince and Veronica's fuming new boyfriend. Wonderful. He was still in shock. Her words stung him more than he'd expected. He'd have to talk to her, eventually.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 7:36 pm

Rafael had seen the look from Ronnie but he acted like it hadn't reached him. After having said everything toward Sam about Rose, Rafael had realized he had gone too far. Still it hurt him when Ronnie walked back into the building but he was pretty sure that she was glad he had helped. When Ronnie was gone, the son of Hecate moved purposefully forward and stopped in front of Sam. Before the other kid could respond, Rafael raised a shield in between him and Rafael so that the kid couldn't stop him. "If you try to contact Rose even once, I will find you and that punch won't be anything compared to what will happen." As soon as Rafael finished, he lowered the shield and immediately shadow-traveled away and reappeared at the shower.

Cyril was watching the encounter up until when Rafael walked up to Sam and started talking. It was obvious that the kid intended to start a fight, so the English prince started for his weapon when he noticed that he couldn't move forward. Damn, he would just have to wait and hope for the best. As soon as the shield went down, Cyril moved over to intercept Rafael but the kid disappeared and Cyril fell through the space where he had once been. Picking himself up, Cyril went to dust himself off and spoke to Sam. "I guess it isn't a good idea for us to go in there right now. Here's my ambrosia and nectar. I will get some from my cabin later." Sam pulled the small pouch of godly food out and handed it to Cyril.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 8:44 pm

Sam just gaped at Rafael before the boy just disappeared. He had been in no way prepared for this confrontation. He kind of just stood there, completely overwhelmed before Cyril fell in front of him and spoke, getting up. He looked at the infirmary for a moment, at the doorway where Veronica had just stood, before looking back to Cyril. "Ambrosi- what?" he spoke, picking up the pouch and looking at the flask of gold liquid and a corresponding soft cake-consistency dessert. "This isn't illegal, is it?" he asked, ripping off a small piece of the ambrosia. "What does it do?" At this point he was distracted and suppressing his emotions as best he could. Rose. It hit him. Rose. He had fathered a daughter. Rafael had gotten to meet this daughter. Jealousy hit him like a tsunami wave and he swayed slightly, completely overwhelmed. What had he done? How had he created something so beautiful by committing such a horrible act? Rose. Rose. Holy freaking crap.

--

By the time Ronnie had stormed into the infirmary, she'd realized that she had no idea what she was going to do in here. Still flustered, she paced back and forth a little bit, getting some odd stares from the healers and its other occupants, but she didn't care. Finally her gaze rested upon the book she'd left splayed open on the cot's mattress and she picked up the book, wrapping herself in her blanket, and she read. Or tried to read. She mostly just stared at the words on the page, trying to control herself. After a while she took out the photo she had of Rose in her pocket and placed it over the book's pages, so it'd still look like she was reading an nobody would bother her. She stared at it. She had hoped it would help, but noticing the little parts of her that resembled Sam only made her more upset. How was he here? How had this all happened in the first place? Why did her father have to be on that stupid, goddamned boat that day anyway?

She couldn't remember.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 9:45 pm

Cyril grinned and replied to his questions. "Ambrosia is the food of the gods. That would be the cake like substance and it normally tastes like something pleasant to you, but beware. If you eat too much of the food then it will make you burn up in a godly fire because of the intentions. It is only for when you are injured and it will help you heal faster. Nectar is the liquid in the bottle there. Once again, it is a godly drink so don't overdose. It is the exact same as Ambrosia but can be drank with Ambrosia as well." Cyril looked around and then sat down on the lawn. "What do you plan on doing now?"

------Time Skip about 15 minutes later------

Rafael finished showering and walked out of the bathrooms. He stopped in his cabin to grab a softer shirt and a new jacket. Then he pulled on the clothing and belted his weapons over the cloth. With a last glance around the room, he shadow-traveled back to the infirmary. As he appeared in the building, he saw Ronnie and decided to go talk to her. "I'm sorry for telling him about Rose." The words were meant to calm her but Rafael didn't know how Ronnie would respond.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 10:09 pm

Ronnie looked up, startled as Rafael seemed to just appear. It took her a moment to think about what he'd said. "It's-" She paused. She still wasn't precisely sure how she felt. But she knew that she would have to get past it because she'd told Rafael that she was going to try with him, and he'd done so much for her, and she really, really appreciated it. "It's alright. It was unexpected, but he was going to have to find out eventually, anyway. I don't know if I would have been able to..." She trailed off, meeting his eyes and trying to hold herself together. He would know what she meant. Ronnie felt like she was being held together by soluble stitches, but when they dissolved that she was going to fall apart all at once.

"Thank you, for everything," she spoke softly, aware that she'd told him this more than once already. "I got you dragged into this mess, and now I can't even get myself out of it." She looked down into her lap, where her book still lay propped open and forgotten... with Rose's picture still laying on top of the pages. She looked at it and her breath hitched again, and she needed to lean back against the wall and keep her eyes shut to stop herself from losing it. It was so embarrassing, but she knew that Rafael would understand, at least to a certain degree. He knew what she'd been through.

--

"Oh," answered Sam simply, drawn from his reverie. "All right." He popped the piece of godly food into his mouth and a burst of flavor exploded against his tongue. "God..." he murmured, "that was incredible," he voiced after swallowing. It was kind of fruity but also decadent at the same time... really weird. Maybe a bit orange-y? A warm feeling spread throughout his body and any echo of pain he had in his chest had gone away. Cyril sat down and Samuel had to think about his question. "I have absolutely no idea what my plans are," he spoke. "I suppose I have to stay here, and I want to see Veronica again, but..." he trailed off, guilt weighing down on him heavily. "I wasn't planning on seeing her here... I apologize for getting you involved in all of that." He had been so wrong, and he had no idea how to begin to fix what he'd done. He couldn't, could he?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 6:43 pm

Cyril nodded and then realized that he didn't really know the guy. "Why is it that that Rafael guy wanted to hurt you so badly? I mean, that shield thing was pretty strong, almost like he knew that he would have the perfect chance to murder you. What did you do to him, or was it something to do with the girl?" Cyril was really confused at the moment.
Rafael sighed and sat down next to Ronnie. He hesitated a few seconds and then pulled her toward him, hoping she wouldn't flip out and knock herself out again. Rafael would have chuckled at the memory of the dock but too much had happened just 15 minutes ago. "Maybe, but it still wasn't my right to tell him. I'm still glad that he didn't start a real fight, that other kid looked pretty familiar with the sword he wielded and he seemed too eager to fight me."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 10:35 pm

Rafael sat down and Ronnie shut the book on top of Rose's picture, pushing it off to the side. She bristled slightly when he touched her but relaxed within a few seconds. It was only Rafael. Sam wasn't near her right now. Without much hesitation she leaned into his side and wrapped her arms around him, taking comfort in his presence. "I don't know who that kid was," Ronnie spoke, trying to keep herself together. "I don't really care, either." She was quiet for a moment, comfortable in a sense even though she was so uncomfortable. "I'm going to have to talk to him again, aren't I?" she spoke softly, tears leaking from her eyes. She felt like a 5 year old, scared to face someone. It was awful. She was a mess.

--

Samuel took a deep breath. "Rafael... had good reason for wanting to hurt him. His girlfriend, Veronica and I, go back pretty far. She used to live in my father's realm, and we were betrothed, to be married. I-" he cut himself off. He couldn't admit this to this guy he barely knew. "...I did some things that I really, really shouldn't have. Things that I regret, now. She must have told him about it, because he seems to hate me." Sam looked down at his feet, scuffing his brand new leather Sperry shoes in the dirt. He was a coward.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/7/2013, 9:02 pm

Rafael was better at listening than he had ever been at talking so it wasn't that hard for him to wait for Ronnie to finish talking, yet when he felt the tears Rafael felt a lump form in his throat. He didn't like that feeling but Rafael wasn't going to cry as well. "Ronnie, you can ignore Sam all you want." Pausing, Rafael wiped the tears away with his thumb. "But I wouldn't suggest that. It will just make it hurt more. I'm here for you everytime you need help though." Brushing his hair out of his face, Rafael realized he wanted to kiss Ronnie's hurts away, but there was no way that would work. Going on a gut instinct, and wishing he was better with situations like this, Rafael leaned his head down and kissed Ronnie's cheek. It was nothing more than a peck but he tried to pour all of his understanding and other lesser known emotions into it. Afterwards, the son of Hecate raised his head and leaned his head back down so that he had his body in the most comforting position he could muster.

Cyril stared through the space between him and the shattered prince, or whatever he had been. The English prince didn't fully understand but he thought that Sam was saying he had hurt the girl, Ronnie. Yet even with that thought, Cyril still felt like the Rafael kid had been wrong in attacking and then threatening Sam. "Still, this Rose is your daughter. Rafael had no right to say you couldn't go near her. Plus whatever you did, it couldn't constitute that level of violence from him."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime2/8/2013, 12:40 am

"You don't get it, Cyril," Sam spoke, the young prince's words only inducing more guilt within him. "I have no right to go near my daughter, not after what I did. Hell, I didn't even know that I had a daughter until just now. You have no idea what I've done in the past. You don't get it." He spoke emphatically, his guilt seeping through his words, and his child of Aphrodite emotion powers activated a bit without him realizing it.

"I'm going to have to talk to him," she spoke emptily, taking comfort in Rafael. She needed him. She rested her head back against his shoulder and her tears came freely, but not as intense as she had expected. It was okay. She'd needed a release. It took her a little while to calm down, and she took a sip of water from an unopened bottle beside the cot, drinking before she spoke again. "I wasn't expecting him, obviously. It was just so weird, to see him standing over me like he'd done before, touching my shoulder..." Ronnie shuddered involuntary. "And gods, could his powers be any stronger? I should have known he was a demigod, he reeks Aphrodite." She took a shaky breath, forcing a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next