Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/29/2012, 1:21 pm

Rafael sighed and then shook his head slowly. It wasn't Ronnie's fault that his uncle had been like that and Rafael didn't want to make her explain it to him. He would just figure out some lie to tell his uncle. Finally Rafael looked up and replied to her. No, it's fine. He wouldn't care so much if it hadn't been for my dad growing depressed after Hecate left. Let's just go and I can call him later when things have cooled down. Rafael pulled out onto the road and started off for the interstate before he realized that he had no idea where they were going anyhow. Where are we heading anyhow? Rafael looked over at Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/29/2012, 2:31 pm

((Power's about to go out, I'll try to post on my phone though! I dunno how long it'll be out, it may be a week. :/ Stupid hurricane!))

"You sure?" Ronnie asked him, though she could see he'd made up his mind. "They live in a small town outside of Philadelphia, about two hours from here. We'll need to go through the city and Jersey to get there, through the midtown tunnel," Ronnie directed. She wasn't great with New York geography, but she knew enough. She still felt guilty about the whole incident with Rafael's uncle... especially how his uncle thought that she was going to walk all over him. She frowned, leaning back against the soft interior of the car and turning towards Rafael.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/29/2012, 4:28 pm

Rafael nodded and then started toward the tunnel. Things always seemed to go awry when it had to do with his father and Hecate. Apparently Ronnie had to do with that, although she hadn't even know them and Rafael didn't see how his girlfriend would hurt him. He saw Ronnie turn toward him and he smiled as he recalled how she had acted with him hugging her the first time. Now she seemed to be comfortable and if he had been in her situation, the whole scenario would've made him not trust anyone. Finally Rafael looked into the rear view mirror and saw the hand print on his neck. That brought back memories of how that little boy had made Rafael wish he had a little brother or son to hang out with like that. It had been folly for Rafael to put the child demon on his shoulders but it was all he wanted was to help that child. Even if things were better, Rafael was still worried about how things could go bad. He spoke to Ronnie and heard the sadness and worry in his voice as well as the vulnerability. I don't know why, but my uncle seems to think that you will hurt me like Hecate did my dad. I mean, my dad was a happy man at first, but then he met her and she made him happy for a while. It must've broken his heart when she left him and then I came along and I guess I reminded him of her. It wasn't very obvious that he was depressed until I asked why my mom wasn't there. Now that my dad is gone, I am stuck in the middle and my uncle is afraid. When I told him that I got that locket for my first girlfriend, he grew worried and told me that I was being foolish. It was always his meddling that ruined things for me. Yet this time it has gone too far. I don't want his disdain and actions to hurt you and the fact that he has gone along and done that is making it hard for me to accept him.
Rafael felt the shock hit him when he realized that there were deep rooted thoughts of anger towards his uncle. He reminded himself that his uncle was only trying to protect him and make sure that Ronnie wasn't going to hurt him. Yet Rafael still had to recognize the pain toward him for making it such a big deal. It wasn't like his uncle could do anything if he did have a child, and if Rafael ever did then he wouldn't be such a jerk about it and just leave his uncle in the dark. Rafael turned his head toward Ronnie and wondered how she would feel if she knew what he was thinking. About how he was glad that he had met her and happy that he had finally lost the mask and gotten to know someone. How he was ready to go to the ends of the Earth to keep her from harm. About how he was worried of whether or not he would hurt her like she had been. If he could ever take advantage of her and how he really wanted to just express everything that bothered him. Rafael smiled and turned to the road in time to see the tunnel blocked by some strange web-like material that glistened in the sunlight. He looked around and saw that there were words written along the edge of the road. It read something like "If you continue forward, Rose will be found. If you hold hatred, Gaea will hurt you. Fear of hurting others will only bring you pain. If demigods join in relationships, it only ends in heartache." Rafael slammed on the brakes and slid forward enough to block the words, hoping Ronnie hadn't seen them. He was shivering in fear because he didn't believe any of it.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/4/2012, 12:48 am

((o.o that's a bit frightening bahaha))

Ronnie leaned into the car interior, the heat from the car's vents circulating around the vehicle and causing her to relax. After a moment, Rafael spoke, and she watched him carefully. He seemed so... lost. Was that really it, though? She wanted to ask him more about his father, but she didn't, because she knew that it wouldn't bring out a good response in him. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts though she knew it was pointless.

"Maybe your uncle has a point, Rafael," Ronnie stated, her voice measured with its tone controlled carefully.

"I'm not saying this because I agree with him completely, but maybe... maybe you shouldn't trust me so completely. I think your uncle is just trying to protect you, to do what he couldn't do for your dad. I wouldn't leave you so suddenly, like Hecate probably did with your father, but I... even I don't always trust myself. And you seem so devoted, which is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but..." Ronnie paused, because she didn't know how she was handling this. "I can't always return every one of your sentiments. When you say you love me, or talk about how you felt when you met me... I can't match that. And it's not because I don't feel anything towards you, because I do... but I just can't throw around terms like 'love,' because they have such a weight to them and they're scary and I don't know how I'm supposed to be-"

Ronnie cut herself off, breaking his gaze. "I'm sorry, Rafael," she murmured, feeling guilty as a blush filled her cheeks. "I don't want to hurt you, but I need you to understand that." She kind of hoped she didn't ruin anything. "What I really meant to say was that maybe you should give your uncle a little more credit... not that I know him well at all."

She looked to Rafael and he was driving. At least he was until he slammed the brakes, sending Ronnie flying out of her seat. The seatbelt restrained her, cutting across her chest tightly. She gripped the seat, turning to look at Rafael. "Is everything okay?" she asked, even though it obviously wasn't. "Are you alright?" She hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary, but he looked pretty shaken.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/4/2012, 2:47 pm

Rafael was too shaken up to have heard all of what Ronnie had said but he had caught the part about the word love and all of that yet he really didn't care much. At the moment, Rafael was only thinking about how the words were threatening him and Ronnie as well as Rose. Before Ronnie had even finished her question, Rafael had already thrown the car into Drive and was flooring the pedal. He was really not sure about whether or not the following action was intelligent but it was the only way to successfully make it in time. Rafael flipped a secret cover on the back of the steering wheel and pressed a button with a diameter of about a centimeter. The button activated a rather large oxygen intake valve and soon the Nitrous was fueling his car and the vehicle was going 120 mph down the city street and Rafael was forced to do a 90 degree turn in order to exit and get onto the right road to reach Rose and her adopted parents. He hit the brake long enough to give some traction and he spun the wheel so that the Taurus spun around the corner and they made it onto the road leaving New York.

Yeah I'm fine, why do you ask? We need to reach Rose quickly or there may be some problems when we arrive. So, do you have your weapons to fight some monsters?

Rafael looked to the back seat and hit a lever under the middle cushion and the leather flipped back and inward to reveal his demigod weapons and armor. Enough to fight an army, but not enough to supply two warriors with an equal amount of force. He kept his eyes on the road after opening the armory case that he had built into the car himself.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/4/2012, 7:03 pm

Ronnie's hands clenched against the car seat, knuckles turning white as the car revved up to some insanely high speed. She refused to let herself look at the speedometer. It was kind of odd that Rafael was so flippant about what she's just told him, but Ronnie was glad that he didn't take offense to it. His car appeared to be more souped up than she'd realized; it had hidden buttons and compartments everywhere. Pretty demigod-esque, she supposed. If you were a rich demigod. Or very technologically advanced.

"Rafael, seriously, is something wrong?" she asked, with much reason to. "What kind of problems are you talking about? I'm pretty sure there won't be monsters after us, I'm a daughter of one of the most minor gods and your mother isn't that powerful either. I have my dagger, and an extra just in case I need it, but I never use anything besides those. What's going on?" She looked at him in alarm, her eyes widening at the sight of the miniature armory in the back of his car. It was crazy, the amount of stuff that he kept in his car.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/4/2012, 10:50 pm

Rafael looked back at Ronnie just enough to flash a look that spoke the urgency and that he wanted her to trust him. He didn't have time to explain everything that happened in his life but she did need to know about his fears of Rose being in danger. So, Rafael opened his mouth and pressed the brake pedal so that they slowed down. Ronnie, I saw a threat carved in the side of the road back by the tunnel. We really need to get there and it is of the utmost importance that we don't go unprepared. Have you heard of the war that is starting with Gaea? I believe she is sending minor monsters to Rose's adopted parents' house to hurt us. As the car passed into the streets of the city that they needed to be in, sirens sounded and blue and red lights began to flash behind the vehicle. Rafael was so shocked that he swore and then slowed down to pull over. He was almost at the side of the road when he saw the claws hanging out of the driver's window of the police cruiser. The claws were attatched to a normal hand but they were black and vaguely familiar. Suddenly the PA system sounded behind them with the eerie sound of a recognized voice. "Rafael, son of Hecate, stop your travels or I will be forced to kill you and your girlfriend. It is too late for the child, but you may still live." The voice was that of the boy who had attacked him at the restaurant. Yet he couldn't accept the fate set before them about Rose. He wouldn't allow the little girl to die or even get injured for any reason. So the son of Hecate slammed his foot against the pedal and felt the metal grind against the panel that held the last Nitrous tank. He pressed the button and watched the speedometer as the speed went from 5 to 80 mph in a matter of seconds. Rafael spun around the corners using his battle reflexes to guide them away from the danger that was the demon child. Cars squealed as they avoided him and he continued to fly around the city.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/6/2012, 1:42 am

Rafael hit the brake and the car slowed down a little bit and Ronnie's grip on the seat slackened, though not much. She listened to Rafael, her level of concern rising significantly.

"I've heard rumors about Gaea rising, but nothing about a full-blown war..." she trailed off for a second, considering the implications of this. Something, probably Gaea, was threatening her daughter? Why? It didn't make much sense to Ronnie. They car turned out of New York, into the tunnel that led into New Jersey. They were almost to the halfway mark in their journey.

"Rafael, why are we going to Rose's family's house if the monsters are only going to follow us there? Shouldn't we try and divert them? The last thing I want is to have them attacking Rose and her family. It wouldn't make sense that they would show up there if we weren't going to, right?" She opened her mouth as if to continue, but her voice was stolen from her as sirens wailed behind them, police lights flashing urgent colors into the back window of the Taurus. A feedback emitted from the PA system as the car's inhabitant prepared to speak, disconcertingly eerie.

Ronnie startled when a voice finally transmitted through the speaker, due to the fact that the said voice was clearly inhuman. Its timbre was tinny and monotone through the speaker, and Ronnie shuddered as it delivered its message. It had to be a monster, like Rafael was saying before. Ronnie had never met such human-like monsters before, monsters that had a coherent understanding of what they had to do and free will to manipulate their plan. This monster was much unlike a hellhound, which knew only to kill. It was clear that this monster would do anything to achieve its goal, and achieve it soundly... that is, until it was defeated.

But then Ronnie realized exactly what voice was speaking through the PA, and she froze in horror. That demon boy... a wave of cold nausea washed over her. Before she could react, Rafael was speeding away, heading through the city streets. "Rafael!" she yelled over the roar of the motor, once she could gather herself. "We... we can't..." she struggled to speak, overcome by realization. The demon boy knew exactly where Rose was.

"It's too late for the girl," he'd spoken.

"We have to make sure they don't touch her," she spoke, worry seeping through her voice.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/6/2012, 11:51 am

((Alright so we will have the demon thing as the leader and a gorgon as well as a couple storm spirits. That is a total of four monsters and I hope it won't turn badly. I'll leave the family under your NPC control.))

Rafael felt the fear begin to grow within him as he saw that they were running out of Nitrous and the cruiser was still behind them, except now it was shimmering and looking more like a horse that was pure evil. Yeah, he wasn't ready but he wasn't going to allow mortals and a child of Ronnie to be hurt. Here, take the wheel. Rafael had never been too good with arrows but he couldn't fight with swords from that distance. He jumped into the backseat and grabbed a silver wood bow and a quiver of arrows. He nocked one of the feathered missiles and slammed his foot into the rear window. The slightly tinted glass shattered and Rafael aimed the arrow at the horse. He took in a breathe and hoped he was able to do this. He pulled back and released the projectile at the horse's head. With the arrow, he sent some fire and then watched as the arrow fell a bit and struck the mount in the throat angled down into the chest. As an aftermath, the horse hit its knees and crumbled to ash. Rafael was glad and he put away the bow while grabbing some knives and handed three up to the passenger seat where Ronnie had been. He had enough weapons but Ronnie wasn't equipped enough. Then the son of Hecate pulled a large kite shield out and strapped it to his back.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 8:43 pm

"I'm taking the wheel?" Ronnie asked, but she quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and jumped into the driver's seat. The car swerved a bit off the road, but she got it back on track before she could cause true chaos. A chorus of horns honked at them in protest, but at least nobody was hurt and there were no cops around. She put her foot to the accelerator, moving as quickly as she could through the cars and into New Jersey. She glanced over to the knives quickly before putting her eyes back on the road. "What are we expecting, going into this?" She asked, hoping he'd know. "Why are they targeting her?" she murmured under her breath, in a whisper that would be barely audible to Rafael. She drove, trying to keep her mind from going astray... but that was difficult. Rafael seemed to be gearing up for full-out war, and she felt like he wasn't telling her everything that he knew. Minor monsters?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/8/2012, 12:47 pm

Rafael glanced over to Ronnie as she asked him what he was expecting but the last time something like this had happened it had been an attack on his father and he hadn't survived. So, needless to say, Rafael felt it was time to be prepared. Yet Ronnie deserved to know everything. So, he started at the beginning while watching behind them at the road. He could just barely see the demon thing that was now riding on top of a car. Ronnie, the last time I was in a situation like this, my father died. Except then there was no real war, I believe that was around the time of the Titan War though, and it was because I had pissed off some monsters by being alive and escaping them. Now, I am beginning to think that the demon that we met at the restaurant was an assassin that tried to kill me. Since I lived, they must know that you are here and that we are going to Rose. I don't think we can expect some small fight. Yes it will be a small number, but there will be a gorgon, almost guaranteed. There was one last time and I killed her. So, yeah, it has something to do with me. Hecate may not be a major god but she is still one that has more power than people give her credit for. Just know that I am in this deep and I will fight to the last breath I take for you and Rose. It is my fault and now I am gunna jump to the car behind us to try and shorten this fight. With that, Rafael slipped through the broken back window and drew both his short swords. The son of Hecate stood up and shot forward off of the Taurus toward the demon.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/11/2012, 2:07 am

Rafael tried to explain the proximity of their situation to her, but it did nothing to reassure her... not that it was supposed to. What was she expecting him to say, that everyone was going to be okay and that the monsters chasing them were harmless? But seriously... a gorgon? That did seem a little extreme. Ronnie's hands gripped the wheel tightly, her knuckles turning white against the smooth leather steering wheel.

She wanted to say something to Rafael, and just as she tried to intervene he was gathering his stuff, explaining that he was getting out of the car to fight the thing. Why? That was probably the most irrational idea she'd heard him spout the whole day.

"Rafael!" she yelled, in her attempt to protest, but it was too late. He'd already jumped out of the car. Where was she going, anyway? They had at least a half hour still until they reached Rose's family's house, and she wasn't sure she should even head in that direction. What if the monsters didn't actually know where it was? She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she led an army of monsters to her daughter's house. Her palms grew slick with sweat, and she struggled to maintain proper focus while driving. Damn ADHD.

Ronnie still couldn't believe that Rafael had jumped out of the car. What was he thinking?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/11/2012, 12:37 pm

Rafael felt the wind whip at his face as the other cars seemed to blur by but the target car hadn't even moved. Then Rafael felt his feet hit the car roof and he swung his swords up toward the demon, who had disappeared. It was such a shock that Rafael was stunned by the very sight and almost missed the signs pointing to the demon's attack. But he did see the gleam of a dagger and the evil whistle of metal flying toward his throat. So, Rafael slammed his back to the roof and slipped his feet up over his head so that he propelled the monster over the car and into the traffic. Unfortunately, the son of Hecate noticed that the demon had just fallen to the ground and then fled so that he didn't die. That really upset Rafael but he just got up and waited until he felt it was safe. He sheathed both swords and then pushed his feet against the hood of the car. It was another time loop of blurring cars but his car wasn't moving. Then he hit the trunk of his Taurus and rolled through the busted window while collecting a few cuts along his forearms. I think we should be good for now, but they will still know where we are.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/12/2012, 4:47 pm

Ronnie continued to drive, her heart racing in her chest, and she jumped slightly as she heard something crash into the roof of the car. It must've been Rafael... she hoped he was okay. Ronnie slowed slightly, allowing Rafael to clamber into the car through the window. Ronnie spun the steering wheel and veered the car onto a ramp that'd lead them to Philly. She glanced over at Rafael, relief washing over her as she realized that he was alright.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" she asked him, fear leaking through the frustrated tone of her voice. "You can't just go around jumping out of cars! Do you have a death wish, or something?" Her vision blurred with imminent tears, but she blinked forcefully, taking a deep breath through her nose, and repelled them. She swallowed.

"What happened? Are they gone? Is it even a good idea to show up at Rose's family's house?"

It didn't seem that anyone was following them anymore, but Ronnie had to focus on driving so she couldn't really tell. It was all she could do not to stop the car, or turn her head around and stare out the back window, or turn the car around and drive all the way back to camp... though she didn't know if she even wanted to be there. She also didn't know how she felt about what Rafael just did. I mean, it was great that he wanted to be all valiant and throw himself into battle, but she thought it was weird that he would so quickly thrust himself from a moving vehicle. She didn't know what to think.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/13/2012, 12:10 pm

Rafael looked shocked at the distinct worry that he heard in Ronnie's voice but he didn't allow the shock to show for longer than a couple seconds before he put his poker face up. He may have been a little insane with his reaction to the appearance of the monsters but he still believed that they were being followed, at least by the demon child. So, he told Ronnie what he believed about the monsters. No, I still think that we should continue to Rose's. It isn't like a monster to just quit because they are being attacked. Plus, the demon child disappeared as soon as I showed up on his car. We aren't out of the dark yet, so it my belief that they are still there. Rafael intentionally avoided the question about him jumping from the car, because he didn't want to scare Ronnie any more than he had already done.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/15/2012, 7:36 pm

Ronnie nodded, her grip tightening still on the steering wheel. She still didn't know what she was supposed to think. "Great," she murmured, propelling the car further along the New Jersey highway. She suppressed most of her apprehension and forced herself to keep driving.

"Just... don't do that again, Rafael."

Ronnie didn't really know what else to say. She didn't really have anything else to say. She didn't want to bring anything up, because discussion would cause her emotions to flare up and distract her from the simple task at hand. Gods, she couldn't remember being this emotionally conflicted since... well... since she'd first returned home from Africa.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/15/2012, 7:58 pm

Rafael looked at Ronnie as she spoke and felt his heart race as she told him not to do that again. It was almost like she truly cared, which she probably did, but still he felt really surprised. His face started to burn as he realized that she had been worried. I didn't realize it meant that much to you. Rafael's voice was really low and he almost hoped she hadn't heard him but he knew that he had said it loud enough so that she could. The son of Hecate felt bad about jumping out of the car now that he knew Ronnie had worried about him.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/15/2012, 8:26 pm

"Well, it did," Ronnie said with an edge to her voice, but she didn't say what she wanted to say. She forced herself to keep her mouth shut so as not to rouse any of her barely suppressed emotions. She floored the accelerator, the speedometer's needle lilting dangerously near the 100 mark.

Welcome to Pennsylvania!

A sign greeted them merrily as they passed onto it, and Ronnie slowed the vehicle, merging onto the exit ramp into the city. Her shoulders tensed. Were they really almost here? She took a few seconds to admire the city skyline... it wasn't as majestic as New York, but it was pretty large regardless.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/16/2012, 6:28 pm

Rafael just looked at the road as he watched the many signs pass by. He wasn't sure what to expect but he knew that there would be a fight waiting for him. If only he had kept his old dirtbike from when he was younger. Maybe he could have made it before the fight really became a threat. Instead he would have to wait and pray that no more surprises arose within the situation. Finally he glanced at Ronnie and thought about something he needed to ask. Ronnie, what would happen if you saw Rose's dad again? Rafael was uncertain as to why he asked but it bothered him that the jerk had made it to where Ronnie couldn't trust easily and it made him feel angered that the daughter who he had sired was being attacked and the moron didn't even care enough to make contact. Rafael hoped that he hadn't made Ronnie upset and he started to hold his breath out of sheer worry.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/17/2012, 6:47 pm

There was stop-and-go traffic getting into Philly and Ronnie impatiently drummed her fingers against the leather steering wheel, once again attempting to suppress her emotions. Ronnie and Rafael sat in an uncomfortable silence; there was so much that Ronnie needed to discuss with Rafael but couldn't. Not now. The car in front of her began to move forward and she pressed the accelerator lightly with her foot, giving the car a little gas to move them forward. She kept moving forward, about ten feet behind the car before her, when Rafael asked her a question. It took her a second to process who he was referring to... Rose's father?

Samuel. Sam.

She had to slam the brake pedal to keep from colliding from the car in front of her. A cacophony of car horns erupted around them. Ronnie swore under her breath, barely audible. She hated swearing.

Ronnie waited a second before she responded, her words measured. She really shouldn't have been thinking about this right now.

"I don't know what I would do if he came back, but it doesn't matter because I'm 100% sure that he never will." Her tone was solid, icy, and laced with a hell of a lot of "I can't talk about this right now."

Ronnie wasn't about to go into what-if thinking. Especially thinking about what-ifs regarding Samuel. Why was he asking that anyway, now of all times? She never spoke to Rafael of Samuel, really, and it was odd that Rafael was asking her about him now. Forcing herself to focus on her driving, Ronnie didn't meet Rafael's eyes. The car made its way into the heart of Philly and she looked frantically for a route into suburbia. Where was she even going?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2012, 1:10 pm

((Alright I am going to try to make this good but no promises. Also, I can't get on at home until after Thanksgiving so until then it will be a spotty posting schedule))
Rafael just tried to ignore the fact that he was getting nervous, since he was the cause for the monsters appearing, and instead looked out the window. Then he pulled out the journal and read some of the entries, which were in Ancient Greek, and discovered that his father had stumbled upon an Ancient Greek ruins that had somehow ended up in America and that it had covered an old burial tomb dedicated to some historical hero that was a son of Gaea, supposedly. Well the book detailed that the burial tomb was originally built by a child of Hecate and that since it was desecrated by a father of a child of Hecate, then the curse of Gaea had been placed upon him. It also said that there were previous attacks upon Rafael and that monsters had been coming after him since he was three years old. It all made sense and so Rafael put the book away. He then climbed up to the front seat and grabbed a drink from his bag, a Wild Cherry Pepsi, and opened the bottle. He was thirsty and needed something to take his mind off the coming fight.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/22/2012, 1:11 am

As she drove, trying to focus, Ronnie felt the beginning effects of her fatigue beginning to trickle into her mind. The tea's caffeine had done an efficient job of withholding it for a while but now it seeped into her mind slowly. She had to work double time to keep track of where she was going as she turned and made her way into suburbia.

"I think we're close, now," Ronnie spoke. "Could you grab my phone?" she asked him, indicating the small flip phone that rested in the cup-holder of the passenger's side. "There should be a text there with the address. I know cell phones don't help with the monsters, but they're kind of necessary..." Ronnie frowned as her voice trailed off. "I don't know if we should leave the car too close to the house, though. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/23/2012, 2:05 pm

Rafael reached over and grabbed the phone, then passed it to Ronnie in the same fluid motion. He wasn't very sure about the car but he never cared much either. Yet, it would be safer if they had a vehicle to take a quick escape with. So, Rafael shook his head slowly. It would be safer if we had the car close enough to the house to escape in a pinch. Maybe a couple blocks away and then we can run the rest of the way. Rafael started to unbuckle his seat belt
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/25/2012, 2:13 pm

Ronnie flipped through her texts quickly, trying to watch the road. She finally got the stupid message open and she drove down a main road into the suburbs. The city gave way to wide curving rural hills, revealing pretty large homes with lush green backyards and window shutters and flower gardens, somewhere that reminded her of her stepmother's house in Massachusetts. The reached the street where Rose's family lived and Ronnie didn't even pause, moving two blocks away and parking the car in front of a random house. "Let's go," she muttered, even though she wasn't at all ready. She checked to make sure her dagger was in its sheath before grabbing a couple throwing knives from the back seat. "You ready?" She looked at Rafael and met his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/27/2012, 12:04 pm

((ULTIMATE FIGHT SCENE EVER!!!)

Rafael nodded and then turned toward the backseat. He flipped the seat back up so that all of the weapons were concealed again and then stepped out of the car. Immediately, he knew there were monsters nearby. Rafael slid his sword out of the sheathe and walked toward the house, hoping he was wrong about the monsters. As he neared the hedges, Rafael's battle relexes acted and he swung the blade up just in time to block a battle axe swing toward his temple. Rafael spun around and saw the demon child grinning at him and then he swung his sword over his head and decapitated the demon. Assholes like you don't deserve to live. Rafael spit at the pile of ash and then continued on toward the house, looking for the gorgon. That was his greatest fear, that the gorgon had already killed Rose. But he knew that she was still safe and the gorgon was laying in wait. Rafael switched his grip so that he could pull the shield off his back and then he felt the slight breathe of air as an arrow whizzed past his face, narrowly missing his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next