Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dahlia's Quest

Go down 
+4
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Dovah
Bob
Liz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 11:03 pm

((Being totally lazy with formatting right now. Let's do something interesting with this. xD Boringggg. And everyone should get involved! No more Dahlia-Alex/Dahlia-Ian only speak. bahaha))

Dahlia sighed, resting her head on the heel of her palm and gazed out the window. "I know. It's so boring." It had begun to drizzle, and the combination of the 98 degree weather and the rain caused the windows to fog up a little. Dahlia traced random patterns in the condensation with her fingertip, chuckling to herself, doing something she hadn't done since she was little. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, brewing a cup of caffeinated coffee and having a sip, inflicting an immediate burst of energy upon herself. Soon she was unable to contain herself, just itching to get out of the car to do something, even if it was raining.

"Let's go somewhere," she suggested to the rest of the company. "I can't stay in this car for much longer without going goofy, and I can't keep thinking about this stupid quest nonstop either." She could have sworn she heard thunder rumble at that moment, but she didn't really care. Pressing a bunch of buttons on the navigation system, she hit the POI button and began scrolling through a bunch of random Texas attractions. A giant shoe. Boooring. "Any suggestions?" she asked them, not even bothering to wait for their responses to her first suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 11:12 pm

"I have no idea." Ian said, tapping on the steering wheel. "The drizzling is getting on my nerves though." He said, looking at the GPS. Various attractions, none very appealing. He yawned, and shivered from a random chill. He stared across the road, and shrugged, deciding he was going crazy.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/21/2012, 11:26 pm

Dahlia chuckled at his statement. "At least it's more interesting than normal weather at this time down here, which is hot, steamy, and unforgiving." She pressed a button on the car's front panel, effectively turning on the defogger, and the windshield immediately looked 100% clearer. And then it gradually began to pour as Dahlia scrolled through the navigation panel. Pour as in the-skies-just-opened-up-and-all-hell's-about-to-break-loose pour. The type of pouring where you can barely see the road in front of you, and you're legitimately scared for your life if you're on a major highway. The whole thing was unsettling, especially what with their whole quest situation, with Zeus and Jupiter being separated, but Dahlia did the only thing she could do without having a complete freak out attack, which was laugh. She cracked up, turning on her side and letting it overtake her, if only for a few seconds.

"This is absolutely ridiculous," she concluded, staring at the rain as it pounded onto the windows. "I think we need to pull over before we die an untimely death."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/22/2012, 10:23 am

I started to stir from my quiet slumber after a few hours of restful sleep. It was funny how I had gotten such a nice amount of sleep in a car on a loud and bumpy highway. I had even managed to have a nice, long, and relaxing dream. Nothing cryptic or cloudy like some dreams, clear image, a little muffled on sound, and not at all creepy like those supposed dreams that demi-gods get. It wasn't like one of those lucid dreams where I was in control, but I could tell my brain was kind of on the 'Oh let's not annoy and/or weird out Alex' side and had played something I would enjoy. Just me and Rue hanging out, simple as that. We weren't in New York in the dream, we were in Philadelphia...our old home, our true home. I could tell straight away it was Philly because I just had crystal clear memory of the places I had visited when I lived there. We were in a park, I remembered that our moms would bring us there when we were little so we could go on the jungle gym and stuff. The old jungle gym was still there, but it was really rusted now. The two of us were lying on the ground, cuddling from what I could tell. It felt nice watching me and Rue cuddle, a warm fuzzy feeling was forming in the back of my brain. That lasted for about five minutes and then I woke up to rain.

I heard it pound against the windows of the car as we drove down the road, like tiny metal balls clashing against a hard surface. I rubbed my eyes slowly as I started to get up and sit up-right. I glanced around slowly in the darkness and looked at everyone. Joey was off in his mind, doing whatever he was doing and not paying attention to anything. Ian was still driving, he seemed rather irritated by the rain, as did Dahlia. I heard her worries about the storm and I chuckled quietly. "Oh come on now," I said quietly as I finished my laugh, "It isn't that bad now is it?" I glanced out my window quickly, I saw the rain pour down and a brief flash of lightning dance across the sky, before turning my attention back to Dahlia and her worries of "Death by rain".
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/22/2012, 1:05 pm

Dahlia rolled her eyes at Alex. "I didn't mean we were really going to die. I just feel like it would be stupid if we kept driving in this, when we can barely see the road, and someone hit us. Then we would have nowhere to go, we'd probably get arrested for driving in a stolen vehicle, and then we'll be stuck, and maybe injured, and..." Dahlia trailed off, realizing that she was getting to be a bit ridiculous.

"Maybe I'm over thinking this a little bit, but I'm still getting bad vibes from this rain," she frowned, taking a long sip from her water before settling back to watch the road. With the brights on, she could barely make out the sign on the side of the highway.

"WELCOME TO TEXAS: Drive friendly, the Texas way."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/22/2012, 2:41 pm

I let out another amused chuckle as Dahlia started to get overly-paranoid about the dilemma we had. "Don't you think that's a little bit on the over-reacting side of things?" I replied with a smirk. I looked out the window and saw that we had just entered Texas now too. "We're pretty close to where ever it was we were going to now anyways." I stated briefly, "I'm sure if we keep the window wipers on max and keep an eye on the road occasionally, it'll be smooth sailing...er...driving." I found the downpour to be a little unnatural, but the son of Zeus part of me was assuring myself that the drive would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/24/2012, 10:37 pm

Joey stirred from his book, from all the commotion, after what seemed like a very boring and uneventful trip. Pity truthfully. He blinked a few times to see what was going on, and yawned.

"Well, so we're here which you are apperantly excited about, I have no idea were, because I wasn't paying much attention to either of you, but whatever," Joey said with another yawn.

"So I found out reading a book three times through makes the book just as interesting the third time, I have no idea how you guys divulged your time, but whatever, not my problem, and by the looks of it we have not encountered a monster yet save for the one at the hotel, which is okay, very dull, but who am I to criticize," Joey said putting his hand behind his head andreclining back.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/28/2012, 3:16 am

Ian stares at Joey through the rear view mirror, and mutters, "Are you sane?" to himself. He continues to drive on, the rain drumming against the car. The cars are dull, the weather are dull, and the sights are dull, Ian thinks to himself, and yawns. "Well, I'm hoping it'll stop raining soon. It's going to be the death of my sanity if it doesn't." He says with a slight smile. "Oh the wondrous joys of rain in a cramped car. It's wondrous boredom! Nothing like it in the whole wide world. Now 50% off for a limited time only! Step right up, step right up! Call 1-800-THISRAINISKILLINGME, and you'll get a dull blizzard for free as well! Come today, Buy Today!" He said with a slightly hysterical, slightly gameshow announcer-like Cockney accent.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/28/2012, 2:28 pm

"Maybe a little bit..." Dahlia admitted, frowning and leaning her head against the chilled windowpane, pulling her hoodie about herself a little tighter. "We still have a quite a few hours to go, though." The rain let up a bit, though it was still pouring profusely outside. The noise had relented to a mere dribble though, rather than a hard pounding.

Dahlia listened to Joey but didn't directly reply to his statement, being that it made such little sense that it wasn't worth it in her mind. She had yet to realize his purpose in this quest, but Athena must have put him there for some reason, and Dahlia hoped that it was a good one. Ian questioned his sanity and Dahlia couldn't help but let out a giggle, because the whole situation was completely absurd. "It better," she agreed with his statement about the rain, and when he started talking in that ridiculous Cockney accent she couldn't help but laugh. "You're so weird!" she teased Ian, still laughing. It wasn't even that he was so funny, but the combination of the accent and the situation elevated the hilarity of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 10:35 pm

Ian cracked grin, and somewhat bowed while driving. "Thank you. I strive to be weird, along with making people laugh." He then settles down, and calmly stares at the road. God, it's so boring, he thinks to himself. He starts tapping out a beat with his feet and softly humming.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 10:50 pm

Dahlia chuckled, sitting in silence for a moment before speaking. "You tired?" she asked Ian, who seemed either that or incredibly bored. She couldn't really tell. "Do you guys want to stop?" she asked, speaking to all of them now. "Even though we're supposed to get to Austin quickly, I don't feel like we have to keep driving straight there at the moment. We're making good enough time to take a break."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 11:35 pm

Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 5
~Alexander Morette - Zeus~
I started laughing quietly as Ian started talking in a strange olden accent you'd see on those annoying infomercials. I don't know why I was laughing that much,I guess it was just a childish part of me that found strange voices funny, eh who knows I still found it entertaining. I sighed a sorrowful sigh afterwards as I turned my attention to the car window and the rain that was pounding against it. I just hoped that we could get this ridiculous quest over soon so I could get back to camp and see Rue again.
The thought of wanting to see Rue again made a flash of guilt sting me right in the chest. It had just now dawned on me that I had whisked myself away on this quest without even informing my girlfriend. I was positive she was going to kill me the moment I got back from the quest, well if I did survive the quest. I shook my head slowly, I shouldn't go ahead and think negative like that. Just think of the blunt positive way; get through the quest un-hurt, go back to your girlfriend, simple. I sighed once more and continued to stare out the window as I open the gates to the gigantic maze that I would get lost in known as my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/1/2012, 5:01 pm

(Yeah I'm thoughtless right now)

Joey starred at the Ian and replied saying, "Well of course I'm sane or as sane as one boy can be, though sometimes I do have a little crazy side, oh yes."

Joey stared out the front of the car. "Well this is quite boring I do admit, but hey if we keep complaining about the situation we'll just be complainers and no one likes complainers.," Joey said with a little smile.

Joey shrugged, "We can stop if you guys want I could care less personally, but hey that's just me right."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/5/2012, 10:47 pm

Ian frowned and sighed. "Party-crasher Joey. That's your new nickname." He says while smirking in the back mirror. "I think we should stop soon. I'm pretty tired, and pretty bored, so a stop for recuperation might be good."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 10:52 pm

Dahlia grinned. "I still like skinny. He is quite scrawny, don't you think?" she smirked, giggling. "But okay, we'll stop soon." As if on queue, a sign on the highway approached them. "Cheap lake motel resort, stop here and rest! 10 miles." Dahlia pointed. "Doesn't sound like a bad idea. And we're almost to Austin," she hesitated, nerves setting in. "I'm not sure exactly who we're going to encounter here, but I know that we probably can't trust them. We need to stay together, be a team, even if we were kind of thrown together here. Okay?" she glanced around the car, glancing mostly at Joey, though she didn't mean to.
Back to top Go down
Kasi
The Plastics
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 11:51 pm

I scooted around in my seat, trying my hardest to get comfortable. It wasn't working. I shifted to the left, to the right, upside down. Nothing, So I just sat up right. I scooted towards the middle to try and get a good look at the road. The road was EXTREMELY dirty, I became a bit more depressed as usual as the thought of Alex came across me. I tried to hide the feelings out though.
Back to top Go down
Hammah
The Plastics
Hammah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 11:53 pm

I looked at Ethan and smiled. I was really excited that he came with us. And Rumor too, my bestfriend. Oh the friends..
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 11:59 pm

"Party-crasher......does no one in this car know how to come up with a good insult," Joey said facepalming.

"And of Course Dahlia," Joey said taking notice to her. "Of course we can't trust them they're probably belligerent barbarians, but hey if the gods put them in out path who are we to argue, because the gods do whatever they want," Joey said with a chuckle. Somehow though he felt something was going to happen soo really soon.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 12:10 am

~Alexander Morette - Zeus~
I stopped looking outside of the window and turned my attention back to everyone in the car. They seemed to have focusing on being prepared for anything they'd encounter out there now, what the gods would throw at us, and stuff like that. Dehlia also mentioned team work would be needed. I simply commented with a simple, "I'm sure we'd be able to stick together easily, I mean it was easy for us to take down that serpent...so it can't be that hard..." I then kept on being silent, waiting for someone else to talk. I took a quick glance out the window again, the road was empty and dark...pretty boring...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 12:11 am

"Skinny's a good insult," Dahlia commented, chuckling once again, listening to Joey. For once she sort of agreed with him. "But we'll definitely be able to stick together... I think. We have to, if we're going to survive."

Dahlia gripped her seat, as a horn honked at them, and someone stuck up the finger from their car. Ian seemed to be driving strangely, and they were swerving all over the place, seeming to follow another car. "Ian..." Dahlia warned, looking at him funny.

(Sorry, powerplaying a bit. But it's necessary.)
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 12:28 am

The car started swerving and Joey noticed. Great Ian was probably high or something. He could also be drunk that would also make him drive bad. O who knows.

"Hey I an I don't know if you've been smoking dope or drinking, but it seems you're swerving a little, you should probably stop before you hit something and die," Joey said with a yawn. It didn't bother him much, right now as long as the car was still in one piece, but the car probably would crahs soon if I an kept driving like this.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 7:14 pm

Ethan continued along the Roman groups way. They had finally arrived Texas....a.k.a. the state that makes you feel like you're in the middle of f*cking no where. He returned Ethos's smile and then glanced back at Rumor and Rhian. Something wasn't all right and good in Ethan's head though...as the group grew closer to there destination....a buzzing started up in Ethan's head...his eyes starting to change from there hazel shade to a look of firey red. What was going on? And what did it mean for the rest of the Romans......and the greeks not far up ahead.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 9:46 pm

~Alexander Morette - Zues~
I was quickly alerted by the sound of honking from the front. My vision swiftly turned to our car windsheild and I was welcomed by the blaring brightness of two head lights. I quickly covered my eyes and closed my eyes for a few seconds so I wouldn't go blind. I then continued to examine the lights, with my hand blocking it's burning sensation. It was a car, same kind of shape as our from what I could tell. The driver just seemed to be pissed off with us for no reason was trying to cause a gods damn wreck or something. Then I noticed our car kind of swiveling around the road as well. I turned forward and look at Ian with a slight flash of annoyance in my eyes.
"Okay first, what is the problem with that car, and second, Ian why are you egging them on? This isn't Grand Theft Auto or some crap!" I was quite annoyed by this fact. It was a little annoying everyone was worried about the rain, but now we we're in some kind of car fight, and I really didn't want to die in a horrific car wreck so his sudden reckless driving instantly got on my nerves.

Last edited by Drunk Wallace on 7/7/2012, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kasi
The Plastics
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 9:53 pm

"Ethan." He started driving funny, and I didn't like it. I had a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach and... I just wasn't sure. "Ethan!" He wasn't responding to me, and now things were getting scary. I had to get this quest over with, not die on the way to the beginning. What the pluto was going on?! "ETHAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 10:37 pm

((Yes...permission has been given to me to temporarily RP as Janus))

Janus stood in his hall near the bottom of Olympus. An orb in front of him as he weaved his will around the minds of the two demigods behind the wheel of each car. His voice transcended miles and showed up as a whisper in their ears. "Yes...abandon your logic...your will is mine...crash..crash and die....then this foolish plot to mess up my fun shall end.."

Ethan's eyes narrowed fully red and out for blood. He barely heard his fellow demigods screaming at him. His grip tightened around the wheel and he sped up...the car straightening out for a game of chicken. Death by car crash then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dahlia's Quest
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next