Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jason, Son of Hypnos

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jason, Son of Hypnos Empty
PostSubject: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 4:24 pm

Character Name:
Jason Dormancy

Description:
5’9”, dark brown hair as well as eyes, and a lean build - not extremely muscular however not just skin and bone either; pretty average.

God and mortal parent:
Hypnos – Nancy Dormancy

Powers:
~ He can make others feel particularly sleepy and drowsy at any given moment, although it wears him out quite a bit afterwards – he can only do that just about 10 times a day before collapsing in a heap
~ Jason can, with quite the amount of effort, make another person fall asleep for roughly ten minutes, although he wipes himself out as well and only has the capability to do this 5 times in a day, otherwise he falls asleep for days at a time

Flaws:
Jason keeps and follows through with every promise he makes, although, being a child of Hypnos, he’s usually never oriented or fully awake when he makes the promises, and therefore cannot make sound decisions.
Jason has a tendency to be extremely lazy and doesn’t like to work; normally falling asleep the moment he starts.
Jason suffers from none other than narcolepsy, in which he falls asleep at random periods of time during the day and always has extreme drowsiness.

Pets:
None

Weapons:
Jason has a short celestial bronze knife, although he seldom uses it, as he hates fighting – or any loudness, really.

Talents/Skills:
~ Jason has an acute sense of sight due to all of the rest he gets
~ Jason can play the harp amazingly well
~ He also has an acute sense of right and wrong

RP Example:
I lay on a dead strawberry patch, a soft wind billowing through my dark chocolate colored hair. My pajama bottoms followed suit. As always, my liquid-like eyes were an inch from closing. A soft snore escaped from my lips, jolting me awake from being half-asleep. I rubbed my eyes, and shook my head so that I was fully awake. I blinked a few times, and looked around. Getting up slowly and brushing my self off, I grabbed the soft pillow I had and fluffed it a couple times. I hated pillows that were so flat that it felt like there was nothing in them.

This time I sat down on the pillow, and thought about a recent dream I had; it was confusing, different plots interlaced with a strange crazy rabbit. Yeah... I didn't know what the heck it was about either. I lay back, exasperated once more, forgetting that my pillow was under me. I knocked my head against a large root. "Argh." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head. "Stupid root." I scolded it, knowing that a dryad would probably be very annoyed if it heard me talk about the root like that.

I looked up at the sky, the clouds churning like a hurricane or a whirlpool - I wondered if we would have a storm come or something. I loved storms; it gave me an actual good excuse to stay inside my cabin and sleep the entire day. I heard a crackle of a dead strawberry plant, and jolted up, feeling dizzy as the impact of the root coming back do me. My eyes focused on the figure of another demigod. "Oh, hey." I greeted her softly, rubbing my eyes once again. "Was just getting some beauty rest, like always." I grinned, chuckling.

Biography:
Jason had a pretty average childhood. Not a particular amount of monsters were especially attracted to him, since he was just a son of Hypnos. Of course he did get the occasional lone monster, which had probably failed miserably at trying to kill a Big Three demigod and settled for him. He always managed to escape, or at least get the monster off balance by randomly dozing off right in the middle of the peril, making the monster trip. It probably looked quite humorous to any random bystander; an ugly beast attempting to attack a boy like him and having Jason just fall down snoring, and the monster giving him a very confused and startled look. The monster usually went on rumbling off, losing interest.
He generally had a close relationship with his mother. When a random baby hellhound decided to lumber on into their apartment, Jason’s first priority was to defend his mother with the nearest object at hand; which was usually a pillow.

Other then a few minor attacks, Jason regularly spent his day in his room, snoring away. Even when he was at school, he always carried a soft pillow handy. Somehow whenever he brought his trusty pillow, the class seemed to be slightly drowsy, even the teacher, which explains why he didn’t get caught too often. Finally a school satyr told him about Camp, mainly so he would stop making the poor satyr tired all the time. Apparently it was very aggravating for him.

Jason is somewhat tall, standing at around 5’9” with a mop of floppy dark brown hair that halts just above his eyebrows. Below his eyebrows, he has dark chocolate colored eyes that are seemingly like liquid, always calm, reassuring, and warm, yet always with a large hint of drowsiness. He has a lean build, not exactly extremely muscular but not just skin and bone either – pretty average. His skin has a slightly pale tone to it, with only a very small amount of any signs of damage.

He generally never wears anything particularly fancy. In fact, the majority of the time he wears grey flannel pajama bottoms and a pure white cotton T-shirt, and maybe a soft sweatshirt if it’s cold outside. Jason always carries around a short branch of the poplar tree from the Underworld dipped in the River Lethe as a gift from Hypnos – Jason knows it’s important, however he’s not sure what for. Jason also carries around a fluffy white pillow with him wherever he goes.

Jason never stresses over anything too long. He’s a very mellow, and calm kind of guy. Although he has the capability to be extremely intellectual and intelligent, he kindly declines the offer and rather sleeps throughout the day. However at times in need he is known to come up with something very insightful. On average however, he chooses not to get involved with any drama and just watches it all play out. No matter how tired he is, if he’s awake, he’s always there for reassurance and to calm things down. He hates when anything gets too loud, which is why he’s not a huge fan of parties, dances, etc. etc.

He keeps the promises he makes, although whether he was fully oriented or awake when the promise is made makes all the difference, for even though Jason has an acute sense of right and wrong, if he’s not awake enough he can’t make sound decisions. Once he’s made that promise, he’s committed to whatever it is, and doesn’t give up, even if it means skipping his morning nap, his afternoon nap, his evening nap, and his night---well, you get the point.

Jason is a pretty predictable and honest man. Usually his choice in most cases is to sleep, rest, or nap. End of discussion. He’s always willing to speak the truth and is known for never saying anything false. One of Jason’s favorite quotes that describes his truthfulness is: “I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, an elephant’s (or in this case, demigod) one hundred percent.”

He’s a big fan of quiet music, although he’s a sucker for Broadway, no matter how loud (he usually turns down the volume, though.) In his quiet and calm music book, his favorite is the harp – which also makes his fall asleep, and makes others feel drowsy as well. It’s his favorite way to calm anyone down if they’re getting to a loud level (which as mentioned before, he hates.)

Notes:
None.

Last edited by Dan on 2/24/2011, 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silly Lily
Olympian
Silly Lily

Location : in my hubbu bubbu bubble- gum bubble (dont pop it!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 6:05 pm

You need to have an RP example.
And i dont think you can have a poplar branch dipped in the River Lethe, no allowed. But i think the poplar branch might be...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 6:39 pm

Jolly Rancher wrote:
You need to have an RP example.
And i dont think you can have a poplar branch dipped in the River Lethe, no allowed. But i think the poplar branch might be...

Thanks for your suggestions. (:
For the RP Example, I see in the Character Form topic that if you have a detailed, literate Biography, then an RP example is not necessary. However someone would have to clarify this - I'll put one in now in any case.
As for the poplar branch, he does have the celestial bronze sword. I can easily switch it out. (:
Back to top Go down
Silly Lily
Olympian
Silly Lily

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 6:42 pm

Your Welcome.
Your Bio is good enough i guess. Im sure you know how to RP already.
And i think it would be best to switch out the weapons.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 6:50 pm

Jolly Rancher wrote:
Your Welcome.
Your Bio is good enough i guess. Im sure you know how to RP already.
And i think it would be best to switch out the weapons.

Just patched it up - thanks for your input, once again. (: I put in an RP example just as a precaution.
Back to top Go down
Silly Lily
Olympian
Silly Lily

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 6:51 pm

Okay looks good.
Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason, Son of Hypnos   Jason, Son of Hypnos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jason, Son of Hypnos
Page 1 of 1