Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dahlia's Quest

Go down 
+4
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Dovah
Bob
Liz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/22/2012, 11:59 pm

Dahlia wiped at her eyes some more, sniffling, before she looked towards Alexander. "I'm alright," she stated, her voice a bit thick. "Just a little overwhelmed, I guess," she admitted, embarrassed and feeling extremely awkward.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 12:55 am

I kind of furrowed my brows as she talked, I kind of felt bad for Deliah. I then replied with a gentle voice, trying to focus on the road at the same time, "That's pretty understandable, I mean you look kind of young, can't pinpoint a specific age, but you still look like you've been swept off your feet by a hurricane of surprise because of this quest and you don't know what to do." I made a left turn before continuing, "And the fact that you're being chosen to lead the rest of us and you have no clue what we're supposed to being, in a non-offensive way I man, just makes it worse." I made another turn before picking up on speed a little. "So I can understand why you're overwhelmed...I'd be too if I were in your shoes."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 6:07 pm

Dahlia listened to him, pulling her knees to her chest and wiping away the last of her tears, sucking it up and stopping herself. He stopped speaking, and she replied quickly. "I'm fifteen tomorrow, actually.." she murmured, surprising herself. She had completely forgotten her birthday, though it wasn't really a big thing for her. Usually she would have gone back to visit her dad on her birthday, but not this year. Shoot. Her dad. Maybe she should call him, or something. She paused before speaking again. "But I know I look younger than I am," she shrugged. "I'm just too short. To be honest, I was kind of surprised they picked me to lead this quest since I'm so young. It's not like I'm inexperienced or anything, and I've always wanted to lead a quest, but I never realized that they're so... open-ended. Rachel gives me this chilling prophecy and I get assigned three random people to lead, and I'm expected to just go out here and do what I feel is right? For what we're doing right now, the prophecy barely makes any sense. I know we're supposed to be finding a potion to reconnect the Big Three, but then the prophecy mentions a death and bloody battles... but between who? It's all a bit strange to me, and I don't understand why the gods need to make things so complicated. All I know for sure is that the potion is in Austin, and even that's not enough information..." she stared out the window, watching the trees fly by as it began to drizzle, the sky grey and gloomy.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 11:01 pm

I tutted a little at Deliah's negative mood towards this dilemma, sure it seemed like this was impossibly difficult, but still we shouldn't give up so easily. "Oh don't worry Deliah, I'm sure once we get through this a little more we will learn more about what we have to do." I opened up another one of my monsters and took a swig. "Think of it as baby steps, we killed that serpent, now we're going to Austin, then we'll learn something their hopefully and take another baby step..."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 11:10 pm

Dahlia nodded, listening as she gazed out the window, letting herself relax a bit. She found that the coffee maker could brew tea and she grinned, removing her disposable cup and taking a sip, inhaling the soothing herbal steam off of the top of the cup. "I know we will, it's just frustrating now. I know the gods must have picked me to lead the quest, hell, they must have picked all of us for a reason... I just don't know what mine if yet," she leaned back into the seat, studying him carefully. He wasn't half bad, she thought, especially compared to Joey. "I just want everything to be okay, you know? I don't think I could live with myself if anyone..." she trailed off, not allowing herself to finish the thought. "But whatever. We'll take whatever the fates give us and work with it, because we have no other choice, and hopefully things will turn out okay. I mean, what can go wrong?" she decided to leave the question open ended, being neither positive nor negative in asking it.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/24/2012, 1:15 am

I made a small smile, "Yeah, I'm sure the gods have their reasons to pick us...we just don't know why, that's all." I said with a chuckle. I was surprised that the highways were this empty this time of the night. "And I'm sure nothing bad will happen to any of us, we're all skilled and ready to defend each other. I mean hell, if we weren't capable of defending ourselves we would be in the belly of a giant snake." I finished another monster and touch a small turn, "And I'm sure nothing will go wrong Deliah, just large boulders in the way of the clear path, but all boulders can be cleared...or blown away." At the last part I held one hand out in front of her and made electricity surge in between my fingers, lighting up the car a little. I then put the hand back on the wheel and laughed a little more.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/24/2012, 5:57 pm

Dahlia laughed softly, rolling her eyes at his use of metaphor, moving back when he sparked his lightning. "And what, you plan on moving one of your boulders be eliminating me?" she raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Hate to say it, but you're not getting rid of me that easily." She grinned at him. "But it's really cool, how you can do that. I can... grow flowers and get plants to move, nothing particularly useful or exciting." Dahlia had always admired the abilities of the Big Three demigods, they were always so powerful and just downright awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/25/2012, 10:43 pm

"Eh my powers aren't that cool...I know someone who could probably do much cooler things." I replied, not wanting to mention Rumor's name. I then chuckled a little and stated, "Who said I wanted to get rid of you, I don't think any of us besides you could be a leader, well I bet Joey thinks he could." I let out a little chuckle at the end of my crude remark about the grape-bearer's child.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/25/2012, 10:54 pm

"Oh," replied Dahlia to his opinion on his powers. "Well, I still think your powera are pretty cool," she shrugged. "Though I haven't seen much better." He continued on to regard getting rid of her, and she blushed faintly at his statement, a bit flattered, though not romantically. "Thanks," she stated, though it wasn't truly a compliment. He had said that she was the best leader out of the four of them, not that she was the best leader they could have. Regardless, it was a statement of kindness and she didn't recognize that side of it, glad to have someone who was really on her side in this quest, besides maybe Ian who she wasn't so sure about yet. "And Joey... probably does," she smirked, taking a last sip of her tea, which had grown cold. She wrinkled her nose in distaste. "Where are we now?" she asked Alex, unable to decipher the GPS.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/25/2012, 11:04 pm

I checked the GPS briefly after Deliah asked about where we were. "Oh I think we're about forty minutes into Ohio, still a long drive..." I then opened another monster can and took a quick swig.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/25/2012, 11:32 pm

Dahlia nodded, a little troubled with this knowledge. Athena had wanted her to "get there," but she hadn't a clue as to why. Somehow she felt as of they were moving too slowly, but she hadn't a clue how to go faster or what they were to do once they reached Texas. She looked over at Alex concernedly as he gulped down yet another energy drink. "You know, you can't stay awake on those things forever," she stated, wondering how many he had needed to use so far. "You need to sleep at some point, otherwise you're going to be a mess by the time we get to Texas. If you want, we could stop off somewhere, refuel..." she muttered, not liking this idea so much, after getting stuck in the motel, while they had to eat at some point. "Or we could wake Ian, ask him to drive again. I'm sure he wouldn't mind," Dahlia said, watching him and feeling guilty that she couldn't drive, that she got to sit here this whole time like some sort of princess.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 10:09 pm

I shrugged whilst driving and finished off another soda, "I'll keep going as long as I have these, then I'll just stop afterwards." I replied half-focused. I take another turn and drove through a town quickly before finding myself in the middle of nowhere once more.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/26/2012, 11:02 pm

Dahlia raised an eyebrow at him, watching as he drank yet another. "How many of those do you have?! I know you don't want to, but as I said before you can't stay alert for this long, even on energy drinks and especially not after fighting a monster. You should at least try to sleep a little." She leaned back against the seat, trying to formulate a plan for once they got to Texas, but she still didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry. I'm being annoying, but I'm being serious, it's dangerous to drink that many of those."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/27/2012, 7:48 pm

I kind of shrugged at her question, "Eh....fifteen of them...maybe more." I answered bluntly. I kind of made a small chuckle at her worry for my health, "Don't worry, don't worry I have a resistance to these thing's effects...besides...they're the zero calorie ones..."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/28/2012, 12:16 am

Dahlia sighed, turning onto her side. "I still don't like the idea of you keeping yourself awake like that..." she murmured, yawning. Nooo. She would not surrender to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/28/2012, 6:11 pm

I tutted at Dehlia a little and replied, "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine on these. Once I run out I'll stop at a hotel and we can rest there..." I then made another small turn and focused on the road.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 12:17 am

"Okay," stated Dahlia, resigning from the argument. "But would you car if you just slept in the car and we had Ian drive, so long as he's okay with that?" She turned to look towards Ian, but he was sleeping, oblivious. "I get the feeling that we're running a bit behind schedule, and we really need to get this quest going. Where are we now?" She glanced at the map. "Virginia? I mean, we've traveled far but we still have a bit of a trip before we get there..."

((Once he replies, do you want to have a small time skip? Get them to at least like Tennessee, and then Ian will drive and we'll go from there?
Also, this is their route: (LOL. I have no life, thinking about this stuff. You click and drag to move it around.)
Spoiler:
))
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 12:06 pm

I just shrugged and mumbled an okay as I continued driving. I glanced at the GPS to see how much longer the trip was. Merr....about 15 more hours...gods I hate long drives.
OOC:yeah a time skip would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 1:15 pm

((Okay.))
"Alright.." Maggie murmured in response, pulling out her notepad and a road map she'd found in the car and sketching out a route, trying to determine where they'd go from Texas. Probably back to New York, right?
((Times skip now?))
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 1:31 pm

OOC: Yup!
BIC:
[Around three hours later]
I pulled up to a gas station and parked in the front. I was extremely tired and had just finished drinking my last monster. I got out of the car and went to Dehlia's side to signal for her to wake Ian up.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 4:50 pm

Dahlia jumped, surprised as Alex knocked on her window and she realized they'd stopped. Great. Now she had to wake Ian. She turned to see if he may have been awake and of course, he wasn't. She hopped out of the passenger seat, slinging her pack over her shoulder and opened the back passenger door, nudging Ian awake. "Ian...." she spoke softly, hoping not to wake up Joey if he was asleep.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 10:32 pm

Ian stirred, his face and body chilled. He sneezed, then opened the door and yawned. He stood up, stretched, and said to Alex, "Get some sleep. You're gonna need it." He grabs a bag of chips from his bag, and pulls it open. "Anyone want any? I'm guessing none of you have eaten at all."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 10:46 pm

"Bless you," Dahlia murmured, waiting for him to get in the driver's seat, taking a chip from his bag. "Thanks. If you guys want, we can stop somewhere and grab food. I'm starved, and there must be somewhere to go around here."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 11:36 pm

Joey noticed the car stop after having been self-indulged in his books for hours. He could of listened to Dahlia's and Alexander's boring conversaton, but that' just plain boring.

Then Dahlia wispered to wake up Ian. Joey turned his head to Dahlia. "So we have stopped it seems," Joey said. "And yed that was meant to be obviously obvious," Joey said with a smile.

"You guys can get food if you want, I'm personally not that hungry rightnow though," Joey said marking his book page.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime4/29/2012, 11:42 pm

I waddled over into the back seats and sat where Ian was sitting. As soon as I placed myself in the seat I closed my eyes and passed out quickly, snoring quietly like a little child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dahlia's Quest
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next