Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy

Go down 
+2
Bob
Rachel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Empty
PostSubject: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 6:44 am

I appeared in a very spacious, dome-shaped building made of stone. From the darkness that crept in at the edges of the dome, I could tell that the only source of light was the solitary, yet brightly shining lightbulb that hung from a simple chain from the ceiling to about eye level. All was silent. It wouldn't have been so slilent, I thought to myself, if I had opted to bring along Shrapnel, my German Shepard puppy. But this wasn't the kind of meeting you brought a loud canine to. I glanced at the note in my hand, written in very crisp, neat handwriting - so unlike my own messy scrawl. I went over the words again, to make sure I had the right place. I had little doubt that I was wrong, but it was best to make sure.

"Madeline October," it began. I'd never liked being called Madeline. Maybe the writer knew that, and intended to get under my skin a little. Or maybe he wanted to intimidate me. Or maybe he just didn't know my nickname.
"I have a proposition that you may consider... interesting, to say the least." Oh, yes, I was quite interested.
"I will not disclose the details of the matter in an easily ill-read note. These words must be exchanged in person." Very secretive, he was, no?
"Please meet me at the location specified," the letter continued, followed by an address. Well. I was certainly at the address, in this curiously shaped building. I wondered what it was called.

"Koepel," said a voice in the darkness that nearly made me jump out of my skin. I had thought I was alone. My orange eyes flickered around, until I saw a tall, thin figure with hands clasped behind their back, face obscured in shadow. I suspiciously reached a hand to the flail that hung from a belt on my waist, ready to smash this guy's brains in if need be.

"It's just dome in Dutch," continued the figure, with a voice like oil sliding over water. "But it sounds neat, don't you think?"

I didn't respond.

"Ah, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself," he chuckled, and stepped forwards into the light. He had a sly-looking face, with short black hair and a conniving grin.
"I," he said, with a fancy bow, "am Loki, the Trickster."

I still didn't say anything, trying to recall why 'Loki' sounded familiar. It rang a bell, somehow... oh, yeah. Loki was one of those Norse gods, right? I wondered what his motives were for calling me here.
Loki seemed to be waiting for me to introduce myself back, but I just looked at him.

"Well, now, Madeline, no need to be so rude!" he said, with very realistic hurt in his voice. I would have thought it was genuine if he hadn't have been smiling. This one was tricky, as evidenced by his name. And he purposefully let me know that just now. So, for the meantime, I felt like I could trust him.

"It's Red, not Madeline," I said, my voice echoing more than the god's in the spherical building.
"Ah," Loki acknowledged, "my mistake."
I shrugged. "So, Loki... why am I here?"
Loki chuckled again, a low sound that reverberated through the stone. "Shouldn't you be asking yourself that question?"
"No," I answered, glaring at him directly in the eye.
Loki held up his hands in a peacefull gesture. "Hey, no need to get hostile. We're all friends here, right?"

I didn't answer that one.

Again, the god laughed. "A stubborn one, aren't you... well, I suppose we had best get to the matter at hand." He rubbed his spidery hands together, and a steely glint entered his gaze. "As a demititan, I'm sure you understand the... thirst for the recognition, the obedience, the very power you deserve, yes?"

Loki was a persuasive speaker, but even if he hadn't been so oily with his words, the half-smile that crept over my face would have still emerged. "Of course."

He grinned some more. "Well, Red, I'm sure you know that the gods feel the same hunger when we aren't appreciated as we should be."

"Keep going."

"I've had contact with a few of the other gods who feel the same as the two of us, Red. Anubis, Phobos, Formido, Pele - a smart girl like you should know who all of these gods are, yes?"

I nodded. Of course I was smart, I knew these gods. Ah, Loki, flattery will get you nowhere, but I don't feel like arguing with you while I'm piecing together your little coup de'at.

"We've formed an... alliance, of sorts, and I have quite the devilish plan in the works." Loki grinned and tapped the side of his pale skull, on the temple. "I've recruited a hundred or so mortals in the Scandanavian area, with more to come, to fight for our side. They'll make up our grand Navy, as well as perhaps a ground force. And you, Red October," he said, pointed a long, thin finger towards me, "would be perfect to lead this navy."

My grin stretched to a wide smirk.

Loki chuckled again. "Even without your unique skills, you'd be perfect for the sake of irony."

I laughed out loud. "So you knew to call me Red October the whole time, Loki? Ah, you're funny..."

"So," asked the god, his tone turning serious, "will you lead the Navy to victory?"

I nodded, teeth flashing in an evil smile. "You can count on me."

"Good," the god replied, sounding somewhat... relieved? Had he thought I'd turn down this offer? There was no doubt in my mind that if I had refused, Loki would have killed me on the spot, simply to avoid his plans being revealed.
But something seemed... off. Why hadn't Loki done something like this sooner? There had to be some sort of catalyst. And I intended to find it.

Loki glanced at a black watch on his wrist. "Oh, look at the time," he exclaimed. "I have further business to attend to. Red," he said, speaking in a quick and urgent tone. "Please, wait here. I've arranged for a demigod accomplice, a son of Anubis, to arrive here shortly. Get to know each other, because you'll both be important pieces in this game in your own rite. This," he continued, speaking more quickly than ever, mashing his words together in an effort to fit all this information into a short amount of time, "this building here, Koepel, will be the base of your navy. Plan the layout as you see fit, use it to its fullest potential. Imustgonow," he said in a rush, and vanished.

I stood there alone again, mulling over what I'd just been told, and wondered when this 'demigod accomplice' would arrive. I'd come to think of demigods as weaklings, but perhaps some of them had potential.

The hanging lightbulb flickered, sending the shadows dancing in the empty dome.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 1:16 am

Heny arrived with a poof. He grumbled. He was sent here instead of down south. His father didn't even give him a gift for what he did.

Henry sighed, and cracked his neck. He had to find some person here, because Loki summoned him. He looked around, and didn't see anything, so he summoned two skeletons.

"I'm looking for a demi-god or titan or whatever, find him or her, and tell me his or her location..... GO!" Henry said to his skeletons shouting the last word.

Henry crossed his arms. He walked around searching for this person.Henry noticed a dome shaped building. Perhaps he/she were in there.

Henry sighed, and walked to wards the building. He pproached the doors, and opened them slowly. He walked into the building hoping to find this person.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 1:46 am

I looked over at the person who opened the door, squinting at the sudden bright light. I'd grown used to the relative darkness in here, and didn't appreciate being nearly blinded.
Was this the person Loki had said would show up? He looked like a little kid. How the he*# was a KID going to be of any use? I growled under my breath, and put a hand on the handle of my flail again.

"Identify yourself," I ordered, voice echoing through the dome again.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 4:05 am

Henry made the two searching skeletons crumble into dust, as soon as he heard the voice in the room. He summoned an anubite next to him, and looked around.

This may be the person, and this person was a girl in fact, by the voice. Henry took out his styngian iron khopesh and his ankh which turned into his shield.

"Well darling why should I," Henry called out grinning, "Unless you're the one I'm looking for."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:03 am

"You won't know until you stop screwing around and identify yourself, puny demigod," I said, tighting my grip on the hilt of my weapon. My mind raced through all sorts of tactics to attack him if he didn't cooperate: I could teleport behind him and attack, I could raise a projection of earth beneath him and flatten him into a demigod pancake against the curved ceiling, I could just attack him honestly and hope for the best... nah.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 4:42 pm

"Oh screwing around you say," Henry said innocently. He turned his head to the anubite, nodded to it. The anubite then jumped forward, and started to sniff.

The anubite howled as it found the girl.

"It seems my friend has found you, now you identify yourself first girl," Henry said, letting out a laugh.

Henry hoped this person was the one, for she may make a good ally.

Henry tapped his foot and called out, "I'm waiting."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:16 pm

This was irritating me beyond belief. I made a one-by-one foot square of earth puncture suddenly through the stone floor of the Koepel, directly under the jackal-headed demon. If that thing didn't jump out of the way in a fraction of a second, it'd be pummeled to monster dust between the projection and the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:43 pm

Unfortunitly the Anubite got spearheaded by rocks. Oh well they were expendable. Henry clapped his hands.

"Very well done dear now," Next to him two skeletond crawled out of the ground next to him with bows. They both notched them.

Henry held up his hand with the sword, getting ready to tell the them to fire.

"Not yet," he told them then turning back to wards the girl.

"Now I believe you still have some information for me," Henry said still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:45 pm

Losing patience, I teleported directly in front of the little demigod and reached forward to grab him by the front of his shirt and lift him into the air. He was pissing me off big time, and I wasn't going to stand for it.

OOC: Lulz. I find this amusing. Can Henry pleeeease not dodge? I promise Red won't injure him... if he cooperates...
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:53 pm

The girl teleported in front of Henry, and lifted him up by the shirt. He just did a devilish smile straight at her face. His hand was still up , and the skeletons bows were now pointed two feet away from the girls head.

Henry chuckled, "Now girl, is this necessary."

He looked at both of his skeletons.

"Still hold," He told the skeletons, but he could make them fire at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 5:59 pm

I held the kid about two feet in the air. "What are you, nine?" I asked, glaring at him. I didn't even pay attention to the arrows aimed straight at my skull. I was going to intimidate this kid into telling me why he was here, even if it killed me.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:05 pm

"My age is no importance girl," Henry said still with his smile.

"Now if you would put me down this attemptto make me shiver in my pants pathetic, I see scarier things everyday," Henr told the girl.

This girl was clearly a demi-god of some sort, and a strong one at that. Most demi-gods can't just teleport from here to there, unless they shadow travel. So maybe this was the girl Anubis wanted him to meet. She seemed powerful enough.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:13 pm

"Not until you tell me who the F*%# YOU ARE," I yelled. I would normally suggest a compromise, but I was feeling too hotheaded, and paid no attention to the thought as it crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:20 pm

Henry burst out laughing then. This girl was a hoot, now he really wanted her to be the one he was supposed to meet.

"How bout this you tell me who you are first, and I won't have my skeletons shoot your brains, good deal right," Henry said. The skeletone still stood there motionless.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:29 pm

I sighed, extremely irritated. "Look, kid. I can hold you up like this all day. And I can smash your stupid skeletons without batting an eye," and, as I said that, I made two more earthen projections shoot up underneath the aforementioned undead minions. "So I suggest you say something relevant."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:33 pm

Henry made the two skeletons dissentegrate before they got spiked. He then summoned another behing the girl secretly, and with that he lowered his hand.

"Fire," he yelled to it, and it realeased it's arrow at the girl. Henry smiled waiting to see howthe girl would react to this.

Henry was quite a good thinker, and he know how to manipulate well. This shouldn't take to much longer, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:36 pm

I heard the twang of a bow from behind, and whipped around, holding the kid in front of me to block whatever projectile was headed my way. I could have just blocked it with stone, but this would be far more ironic.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:46 pm

Even though an arrow was sticking into Henry's back he still noly laughed. One puny arrow hah that was minimal damage done to him. B,lood was dripping out of his back though.

"Puny girl you know not what is to come, soon Anubis will take control, and even if I die he will ressurect me, and I will be there to see you die," Henry said coughing, no blood though, just pain coughs.

Last edited by Bob on 1/2/2012, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:49 pm

I just rolled my eyes. "Son of Anubis? My titans, you could have said that five minutes ago, before you ended up with an arrow in the back," I said in exasperation, and abruptly dropped the kid. He seemed to be crazy or something, laughing like that while he was bleeding dry.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:50 pm

OOC: You could have said that before you took an arrow to the knee. .Cool
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 6:56 pm

"Well you should have told me who you were when I asked," Henry said pulling the arrow out of his back. He cracked his neck, and then threw the arrow to the ground.

"Now since it seems you were expecting me that must mean you are my contact," Henry said still with blood flowing from his back.

Henry walked further into the room. Each stop caused a jolt of pain through Henry's back, but he didn't care much he had work to do.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 8:18 pm

"If I told every stupid kid who walked past who I was, then this wouldn't stay a secret, stupid," I said, and walked back over to where the lightbulb hung. Why was this kid important? He just seemed like a little prick.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 8:33 pm

"Well genious I'm not sure about you, but I have never seen a stupid kid summon the dead," Henry said facepalming.

This will be fun. What did Loki want him here for. Gah Loki why did he always do this. Well technically this was the first time he did this, but who cares.

"Now why was I summoned here?" Henry asked crossing his arms.

The cut in his back stopped bleeding slightly now.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 8:56 pm

"I just did," I muttered after his first sentence.

"Anyways, you're here to learn that there's a base here in the Koepel, and that I," I pointed proudly at myself, "am in charge of our navy."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 9:02 pm

Henry scowled at the girl. So Anubis had a navy, that was good though. This would only further his goals, and soon he will have unlimited power.

"Well congragulations to you I'll be sure to tell my father that your in charge," Henry said crosing his arms.

Is that really the only reason Anubis sent Henry here. He facepalmed just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy   Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koepel - Base of the Frost Navy
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next