Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)

Go down 
+2
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
6 posters

Should I make a sequel?
Yes.
My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_lcap63%My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No.
My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_lcap0%My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Do what you want, it's your life.
My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_lcap13%My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Does anyone have a cookie?
My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_lcap24%My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Vote_rcap
 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Empty
PostSubject: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime4/29/2011, 12:32 am

OKAY, JUST SAYING, BUT THIS IS PRETTY LONG! ONLY READ IT IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME!
Also, I recommend watching the Na Na Na and Sing music videos, both preformed by My Chemical Romance. The story might make more sense to someone who isn't a huge fan of them.

Destroying Perfect Things to Make Them Beautiful

DISCLAIMER: The Killjoys are not of my creation. I got the idea from an album by the band My Chemical Romance (Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys). I am in no way associated with the band, I am just a fan. The title was inspired by the cover for their single, Sing.

It was a rainy day in Battery City. There had been a lot of rainy days lately. It made me miss the hot, dry air of the desert even more.

My name’s November, but I honestly prefer Giddy Death. The thing is I can’t go by that name here. Giddy Death is my Killjoy name, but in Battery City, Killjoys are thought of as the bad guys. They’re feared by everyone in the city.

The reason why the Killjoys are feared in Battery City is because of propaganda. The people who rule the city, Better Living Industries AKA BL/ind, told everyone in the city that the Killjoys were trying to destroy BL/ind, along with our ‘perfect way of living’. I know better, though. So do the other Killjoys.

BL/ind is trying to take over the world, put simply. Several Killjoys, me included, have been placed in Battery City to spy on BL/ind and to see what they’re doing, then to report back to the other Killjoys.

Sounds fun, right? That’s what I thought, too, but that’s because I didn’t know how hard it’d be to adjust. I’d been a Killjoy all my life, so I didn’t know what it was like adjusting to the new environment.

The other Killjoys that are with me are Carina, Killjoy name Caffeine Climax, and Sam, Killjoy name Silver Sharpie. The only reasons why we could get in is because, one, Korse AKA the head of BL/ind didn’t know we were Killjoys and, two, there had been a lot of people who had been escaping from other cities so they could go to the ‘perfect lifestyle of Battery City,’ as they all say.

Carina ran away from wherever she lived in Utah, and then joined the Killjoys. That’s basically all we know about her. Sam, all we know is that his parents are dead, and that’s all. He doesn’t really talk much.

As for me, all you have to know is that I’ve been a Killjoy all my life. My parents were Killjoys, they taught me the rules. They disappeared a few years back. Nobody knew what happened.

Anyways, back to the story. I think you’ve had enough background info.

Carina, Sam, and I were all in my room, waiting for the rain to pass. We were talking about ways we’d spy on BL/ind, ways we knew we’d never be able to do.

I was staring out the window, not really paying attention to what they were saying. I knew we’d never do it, we never had before, we always got way too scared. We always spent too much time on what would happen if we got caught.

Carina was talking, but, as stated earlier, I wasn’t really paying attention. I was too busy staring out the window, wishing that I was in a car on my way out of here.

“November, are you even listening?” Carina asked me, her voice cross.

I sighed and said, “No, Carina. I’m not, because it’s pointless. We’re doing all this planning, but we never do anything. Besides, I think you should leave out the ‘if we get caught’ next time. That always ruins our esteem.”

The room went silent for a moment. I could hear nothing but the rain, and it drove me crazy.

“Okay, when will this rain just stop already?” I huffed as I flopped down on my bed. I lay there, staring at the ceiling. It was normal for Sam to be this quiet, but not Carina. I wasn’t used to Carina being this quiet, around me at least.

Finally, Carina said slowly, “If you’re so good, why don’t you come up with a plan?”

“Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. Of course, we could always just stare out the window, using a pair of binoculars. The classic spying trick.”

“That’s too easy,” Carina says, sounding frustrated.

“Then we should take advantage of it.” I was surprised to hear Sam but in on our arguments. Carina and I, even though we were good friends, tended to argue a lot. This was the first time Sam had ever said anything while we were arguing.

“I need some fresh air,” I said, after a moment of silence. I stood up and grabbed a coat and pulled it on. I stuck my feet into boots and walked over to the door.

“I thought you hate rain,” Carina said.

“Well, sometimes I need fresh air, rain or no rain.” With that, I walked outside and closed the door.

The building we were staying in was somewhat like an apartment. It had a lot of homes in it, and everything was crammed into
one room. There were some that were made for families, with two or three rooms. Sam, Carina, and I each had our own rooms, though, because we weren’t family. The only thing that made it different from an apartment is that it was single floored. All of the rooms were connected by a single hallway.

The hallway was empty at the moment. I guessed that everyone was inside because of the rain. It had been raining for a while, so no one would really be coming in.

I stepped outside into the deluge of rain and looked around. Everyone outside was in a car, but the traffic was slowing down as night came. I was thankful for the fact that everyone was inside.

Now if only the rain would go away, but everyone would stay inside.

The city and the desert are too different for my taste. I had grown up in the desert, been there all my life. My parents had been Killjoys before there was the whole big group of them. There had been more and more coming over the years, but we never knew who we could trust. BL/ind was after us, no denying that. They were only after four of the Killjoys, though. Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid. They didn’t pay much attention to the rest of us, but that didn’t mean they weren’t looking after us.

As I walked down the street, I saw a few signs for the other Killjoys. Not a lot, but they would do that. Once a lot were up, they’d stop putting them up until they started falling off or getting torn off.

To anyone watching, it would look like I was just walking aimlessly. Thing are never how they seem, though. Yet people still don’t stop thinking people are doing what they seem to be doing.

I was walking to a nearby Killjoy base; Dr. Death Defying’s to be specific. He was in control of all Killjoy missions. It’s a surprise that his base was so close to the city.

About twenty minutes later, I came to the base. You could see the city lights, but the city had ended a while back.

The rain had ended once I left the city behind, too. I shrugged off my coat, feeling thankful that I was out of the rain. I’m not a fan of humid environments.

I took a breath and knocked on the door. I tried not to think of what he would think of me being here.

When the door opened, it wasn’t Dr. Death Defying. It was another Killjoy, a girl about my age. I believed that I had heard her Killjoy name was Demolition Heart, but I wasn’t sure. All I knew was that she had just came to this base from another one.

“Who’re you and what do you want?” she asked cautiously.

“I’m Giddy Death, one of the Killjoys undercover in Battery City.”

“I’m guessing you’ve come for Dr. D. He isn’t here right now. Did you find something?” I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I sighed and shook my head. “No, we haven’t. My partners are spending too much time on details that don’t matter. I’ve just been needing a break.”

“Oh,” Demolition Heart said, sounding disappointed. “Well, come in.”

I stepped into the room, putting my coat on a hook. “Are there any others here?”

“I think Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid are here. You can never tell with those four. They’re always coming and going.”

I nodded and said, “They were friends of my parents.”

“Cool,” she says, nodding slightly.

From upstairs, someone called down, “Demolition, is that Giddy down there?”

I smiled slightly and, before she could answer, said, “Yes, it is, Kobra.”

I heard someone, probably Kobra Kid, yell something. Some surprised noises came after the yell, then the sound of people getting out of bed and rushing down stairs.

The first person I saw was Party Poison, and then behind him was Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, and Jet Star. Jet Star was usually last.

“Giddy, what’re you doing back so soon? Where are the others?” asked Party Poison.

“I needed a break,” I said. “Caffeine’s cool and all, but she tends to snap when I try to make a point that’ll help. Silver’s just too quiet. Besides, it was raining. I needed to get away from the humidity.”

Fun Ghoul said, “Battery City is no fun, seriously. It’s like they try to suffocate you.”

I said in agreement, “Exactly.”

Demolition Heart sat on a chair, not saying anything. She looked like the type who was used to being left out of situations like this.

“So, any news?” Party Poison asked, sitting down.

I sighed and said, “We haven’t seen anything. Heck, we can’t even agree on a plan. Caffeine always spends too much time on ‘if we get caught,’ Silver doesn’t say anything, and when I come up with a plan, Caffeine always asks me what we’ll do if we get caught. When we think about that, Silver usually wants to back out, and sometimes Caffeine does. Seriously, I think it’d be easier if I did it by myself.”

Jet Star seemed to be the only one who noticed that Demolition Heart was there. “You know, Demolition has wanted to go on a mission for some time.” Quickly he added, “She wouldn’t back out, either. Maybe you could take her with you. She might be able to help get Caffeine and Silver to just go through with one of your plans.”

I look at Demolition, who was staring at the ground, as if embarrassed.

“Sounds like a plan to me. I’ll tell them that I was going for a walk when I ran into someone I used to know, and that she ran away and wanted to get a room. If you’re up to it, that is,” I said, directing the last part to Demolition Heart.

Demolition looked truly surprised. “Really?”

I nodded and said, “Yeah, really, but you’ll have to go by your real name. Battery City is strictly no Killjoys.”

“I could do that,” Demolition said quickly.

I grinned and said, “Welcome to the team. Now, I’ll need to know your name.”

“Haze,” she said. “My name is Haze.”

“I’m November. The other girl is Carina, and the boy is Sam.”

Haze nodded and said, “So, when do we go?”

“Well, we’ll have to make it look like you’ve escaped from some completely terrible place and that you really want to be in Battery City. The story of why you ran away is easy. We’ll just say that your family was mean to you, the city was terrible, polluted, boring, whatever, and you just needed to get away from it all. The city…Let’s say you came from New York City. It sounds glamorous, but it’s also dangerous and polluted.”

“I’m not the person who would run away from New York City, though,” she objected.

“Cleveland, then. Ever since LeBron James left it’s been failing and everyone can tell. It would make sense for someone to want to run away from Cleveland.” I checked my watch. “Ten thirty already?” I muttered.

“What, you gotta get to bed early?” Party asked mockingly.

“No, I don’t, but from here to Battery City by foot is about an hour minutes.” I looked at Haze and said, “We probably should get going now.”

Haze nodded and stood up. “Can I grab some stuff? I don’t have much, but it would be nice to have some.”

“Sure,” I said. “Do you have a ray gun, mask, and jacket?”

She nodded and said, “Yeah.”

“Alright. Grab those, but give them to me once we’re outside of the city. You’ll have to stay outside of the city, and I’ll run back to my room and hide them in the safe.”

“But-” she started to object.

“I’ll explain while we’re walking.” I stood up and said to the others, “I’ll see you guys later.”

Haze and I walked to the door and left in an odd silence. Neither of us said anything for a while.

“So, now will you explain why you need to put my stuff in you safe and why I need to stay outside of the city?”

“Battery City is strictly anti-Killjoy. That’s why we’re going in undercover. If they see me going in with you, they’ll have to inspect you. Then they’d see the stuff. If you give it to me and we both go in, they’ll still see it. If you stay out of the city and I go back in with the stuff, they won’t have to check me because they know I live there. So I’ll put the stuff in the safe in my room, tell Carina and Sam about you, and then I’ll go back out to find you. Only go in once I’m out of sight. Oh, my room number is 147. Just nock on my door and I’ll give you your stuff, then you can put it in the safe in your room.”

“Did you plan that all right now?”

“Well, maybe a few minutes ago, so I guess not.”

We walked the rest of the way in silence, and, quite frankly, it was really boring and somewhat awkward.

Once we were outside of the city, Haze and I started looking for a hiding spot, one that was dry and wouldn’t be noticed. Sadly, it was still raining.

Eventually, we found a place that was both dry and shaded for Haze to stay.

“I’ll be back soon,” I said to Haze as she handed me her stuff. With that, I set off.

It wasn’t that long of a walk back to the building, but it sure as heck felt like it. If you look at it from a logical angle, I was smuggling things into the city. I turned around at every sound, afraid that I had been caught.

Five torturous minutes later, Haze’s things were locked in my safe and I was sitting on my bed with two very grumpy children, AKA Sam and Carina.

“Do you have any idea how late this is?” Carina asked me.

“Yes, I do. I’m all too aware of what time it is, and I got stuck outside in a deluge of rain. I’m cranky and you guys just need to shut up and listen to me.”

“Go on,” Carina said, rolling her eyes. She was looking at Sam, but I could tell that the eye roll was meant for me.

“I went to Dr. Death’s place. He wasn’t there, but Party Poison, Jet Star, Kobra Kid, and Fun Ghoul were. There was another girl there, Haze. Jet Star said that she’s wanted to go on a mission for a while, so she came back with me. She’s waiting for me outside the city.”

“You just let her join without talking to us first?” Sam asked.

“Yes, I did, because I wouldn’t have time to go back there if I did. The others said it was a good idea, so I let her come along. You guys have a problem with that?”

“Yes, we do,” Carina said angrily. “We’re a team. We all decide together.”

“We’ve needed the help. She’s the type of girl who wouldn’t back down. We need that motivation so we don’t get too scared to go spy on BL/ind. Now I don’t want to hear anymore arguing from either of you.” Then I added in a nicer tone, “Go back to bed. You guys need the sleep.”

“What about you?” Sam asked.

“I’m not tired. Not yet, at least. I’m used to staying up.”

Finally, they ceded and went back to their rooms.

I stood up and walked over to the closet. I opened it and took out an extra raincoat. I opened the safe and took out my ray gun, tucking it safely into my belt.

“Just in case,” I whispered to myself.

The rain had lightened up a bit, but not much. I could just barely notice the difference.

I didn’t hear anything strange on the way back, so I was feeling calmer when I had arrived to Haze’s hiding spot.

I took out the raincoat and handed it to Haze, who gratefully put it on.

“Four minutes after I leave, walk to the street. Try and stay in the light so they can see you. If someone walks over to you, let them. Tell them that you ran away from Cleveland in search of a better life. Once they get you your room, wait until they leave and then go to my room, room 147. I’ll give you your stuff and then you can put it in the safe in your closet. After that, sleep. I’ll introduce you to Carina and Sam tomorrow.”

Haze just simply nodded, shivering slightly.

I felt bad about leaving Haze alone again, but I had to. If both of us went out, they would get suspicious.

This time, the walk back felt even longer than the first. The whole way I felt like I was being watched. I would turn around when I heard something, but nothing was there. I could only hope that Haze had been found, but her identity wasn’t discovered.

I was a minute away from home when things started to go wrong. The sounds were becoming more frequent, and I was on the verge of going crazy.

Finally, I stopped walking and turned around. “Who’s there?” I called out.

Someone stepped into the streetlight. No, not someone, something. A draculoid, one of BL/ind’s sick creations. This information’s optional, but they’re BL/ind’s only successful sick creations. The rest have failed. They’re BL/ind’s subordinates, only there to do their dirty work.

It all happened so fast that I didn’t do anything until it was almost too late. The draculoid took out a ray gun and fired at me.
With just barely enough time to spare, I ducked. The lasers flew over my head and disappeared off into the night, doing who knows what damage.

Without thinking, I pulled out my ray gun and opened fire. Apparently this was a slow draculoid, because it didn’t make any effort to dodge.

I watched as it crumpled to the ground, realizing the stupidity of what I just did. If anyone had seen, they would know I was a Killjoy. They would then alert BL/ind, and then, well, let’s just say it wouldn’t be too pretty.

Although I was feeling quite sluggish, I forced myself to run over to the draculoid’s body. I checked its pulse and found none. I didn't feel any dread for doing it, though. I did what I did so I could stay alive. Besides, I had done this before.

I grabbed the body and started dragging it, trying to find a good place to find it. Leaving a dead draculoid around wouldn’t be pretty, either.

I don’t know how long later it was, but I finally found a place to leave the draculoid’s body. It was somewhat far away from Battery City, so no one would bother looking here. If someone did, it was far out enough to be Killjoy territory.

On the way back, the only thing I could think was that they discovered me. Why else would they send a draculoid after me?

When I got back to the building, I was exhausted but wired. There wasn’t a chance of sleeping any time soon, as much as I needed to.

As I got closer to my room, I became aware of someone standing outside of my door. It was a girl and she was looking around nervously.

When she spotted me, she called out, “November?”

I recognized the voice as Haze’s. I remembered what I had told her about coming to my room, and I felt terrible.

“A draculoid attacked me. I had to find a place to hide the body.”

Haze nodded in an understanding way.

I opened the door to my room and walked over to the closet, resisting the urge to flop on my bed. I opened the closet, then the safe, and handed Haze her things. “There’s a safe in your closet. Put them in there.”

Haze nodded and left.

Once I was alone, I took off my jacket and just threw it on the floor. I never have been much of a person for neatness. My boots had accumulated a tint of dust from the desert, so I took the off and started wiping the dirt off of them

I knew I wasn’t going to sleep, but I still put on my pajamas. Lying in bed, I realized that it was scarier with the light off. My mind wouldn’t stop replaying the moment out on the street. I tried to think of something happy, like back when I knew where my parents were. Back when I knew they were alive. I would always go back to what had happened with the draculoid, though.

When morning came, I felt exactly like my Killjoy name. I felt like a giddy death, dead but not the slightest bit serious.

That morning, all I could think was that I was crazy. I thought I was outright insane, and the way I was acting did nothing to make me doubt it.

I had my usual for breakfast. Eggs, toast, and orange juice. That morning, it felt like the only bit of normalcy I could hold on to.

I was starved that morning. I hadn’t had dinner or lunch the day before, so I made five eggs and six slices of toast. I had three cups of orange juice, but then again, I always did.

After my breakfast, I was feeling quite rotund, so I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. It was on its preset channel, the news. I was shocked out of my slightly crazed state by what I saw.

Someone had seen what happened last night, with me and the draculoid. Luckily, she hadn’t seen my face, but she did tell BL/ind. They were looking everywhere for a Killjoy in the city. As usual, they suspected Party Poison, Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, or Jet Star. A plan to attack them had been made, and I could only hope that they knew.

I guess the others heard about it, too, because soon enough, Haze, Sam, and Carina were all in my room.

“I can’t believe they would go into Battery City to kill a draculoid. It’s stupid, it doesn’t make sense, it-“

“Wasn’t them,” I say, cutting Carina off. “It was me.”

“What? Are you crazy?” Sam yelled.

“I’ve been asking myself the same thing, but if I didn’t, I would’ve been killed. It was either my life or the draculoid’s, I chose mine.”

We all sat in a stony silence for a few minutes.

“Shouldn’t we warn the others about the attack?” Haze asked.

“I wouldn’t risk it,” I answer. “BL/ind is probably sweeping the streets, looking for anyone who they might suspect. If they sent a draculoid after me, they probably suspect me. They know I hang out around Carina and Sam, so they would probably guess them.”

“I could go by myself,” Haze said.

I shook my head and say, “You’ve only gone from Dr. Death’s place to here once. That’s not enough times to know how to get back.”

“So you don’t trust my discretion on where to go?” she asked, her cheeks flushed.

“No, I don’t. None of us are leaving the building today.”

“Then what will we do?” Carina asked.

“Watch the news to see if there’s anything more on BL/ind’s attack. That’s the best we can do.”

Carina and Sam nodded and left, but Haze hesitated.

“Could I stay here?” she asked me. “It’s just creepy being here and alone.”

“It’s fine if you stay here,” I said to her.

Haze nodded and sat down on the couch next to me.

There wasn’t any more news on the attack until about three in the afternoon. By that time, Haze and I were bored out of our minds. We had done everything we could think of doing, and that wasn’t much. We had an unremarkable lunch of mac ‘n’ cheese, because you can never be too old for that stuff. Even though neither of us were big baking girls, we made cookies. I couldn’t imagine what Carina and Sam were doing if we were baking cookies.

We were sitting on the couch at the time, eating our shockingly good chocolate chip cookies with milk when the news came in.

“Although the Killjoys have not yet been exterminated, a young girl by the name of Curly has been help hostage in hoped of getting the Killjoys to come to Battery City in order to rescue her, where it will be easier to execute them. More news on the attack coming up next.”

I swore loudly, knowing that they wouldn’t be able to resist saving Curly. Curly was their sidekick, and was too young to be officially a Killjoy. Until someone’s old enough to officially be called a Killjoy, they went by their normal name. She was only nine years old, and anyone who knew her would adore her.

“I take it that BL/ind’s plan is probably going to work,” Haze said darkly.

“It’s going to work perfectly. They love Curly, they’ll have to go back to save her. If they don’t, they’d feel like they let her down and they’d never get over it.”

This time, Haze swore. “So now are we going to warn them?”

I sighed. “Even if we tried they wouldn’t listen. Trust me, I know them well enough.”

Once we heard that, we didn’t have the energy to do anything else other than sit on the couch and stare at the TV. At one point I started pacing, and then a few minutes later I stared out the window. I could see the BL/ind headquarters from the window, so my room was even more convenient.

“Can you see anything?” Haze asked me.

I swore loudly again. “I see their car. They probably went inside to rescue Curly.” I swore again, and I could only think that they would die.

Haze kept watching the news, but I stayed staring out the window. I trusted what I saw with my own eyes much more than I trusted what I heard on the news, that’s for sure.

A few minutes later, I saw the Killjoys in the entrance to the building. They had Curly with them, but Korse, a whole lot of draculoids, and some Asian woman who I had never seen before were attacking them. I watched as, one by one, the Killjoys were exterminated.

Dead, killed, murdered, massacred, exterminated. They were all gone forever, never coming back. The only other people I truly trusted, my only friends. The friends of my parents were dead.

I guess, in a way, that moment was like losing my parents all over again. After my parents disappeared, Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid had become my new family. They told me about my parents, so that way I never had to let them go. Now there was no one to tell me about my mom and dad as kids. There was no more family, no more feeling remotely normal.

I guess Haze noticed that something was wrong, because she asked me, “Are you okay?”

When I didn’t answer, she walked over to the window and saw what had happened. “Oh no,” she said. “This can’t be happening.”
I don’t know if it was the impact of knowing that the only family I had left was dead or seeing them die that caused it, but I blacked out.

~~~
When I woke up, the rest of the team was there. I was lying in my bed, feeling completely confused.

“Wha-what happened?” I asked unsteadily.

“You passed out,” Haze said. “After the thing.”

At first, I didn’t remember what the thing was, but I remembered a few seconds later.

“Oh yeah. The thing.”

In that moment, I was only aware of my hatred for BL/ind, for all of Battery City. BL/ind misrepresents themselves and the Killjoys. They tell the people in Battery City that they’re the good guys, hut the Killjoys are the bad guys. Worse yet, everyone in Battery City believed them. I always had a suspicion that it was BL/ind who kidnapped or exterminated my parents. If I was right, then BL/ind took the most important things in the world to me away. I kept clenching and unclenching my fists.

“November, are you okay?” Carina asked me, sounding worried.

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine. I’ve just seen the people who matter the most to me get killed or, if you want to make it sound better than killed, exterminated. Y’know, no biggie,” I say sarcastically.

“I’m pretty sure that this is enough proof that BL/ind is up to no good, so let’s just go back home. Please?” Sam said.

“You’re more than welcome to go home. But I will avenge their deaths,” I said, “even if it’s the last thing I do.”

“November, how are you gonna do that? They’re powerful, more powe-“

“Don’t you dare try and scare me out of doing this!” I yelled at Carina as I threw the covers back and jumped out of bed. “This is something that I have to do. You can go back to Dr. Death’s place and hide in your room, but I’m doing this with or without any of you.”

“Fine then,” Carina said. “I’m going back.”

“Me too,” Sam said quietly.

Haze didn’t say anything, just stood there.

“So, are you going or staying?” I asked her.

“I…I’m going back with Sam and Carina.”

“That’s fine. I can do this by myself,” I said. I walked over to my closet and opened it, then opened the safe. I pulled out my jacket, mask, and ray gun. I pulled on the jacket, put the ray gun in muy belt, and slid my mask on.

“Well?” I asked. “Don’t you three have things to pack and places to go?”

I didn’t turn around when they left, but I did feel like someone had stayed behind. When I did turn around, I saw that it was Haze.

“Aren’t you leaving?”

“I changed my mind,” she said to me. “I’m going with you.”

I smiled a little bit and said, “Alright. Our plan is that I go in, somehow kill Korse, that Asian lady, and as many draculoids as I can. You can help do that if you want, or you can liberate any people who are about to be experimented on.”

“How can I tell if they’re being experimented on?”

“If they look terrified as heck and they’re locked in a room.”

Haze nodded and said, “I probably should get my stuff.”

“Probably,” I agreed.

So Haze left to get her gear, only to come back a few minutes later. “Should we wait until dark?”

“That would be a good idea. Once it’s dark and we can’t see anyone on the streets, then we’ll leave.”

The time seemed to pass even slower, now that we were waiting for it to be dark. It certainly felt like the sun was trying to stay up as long as possible.

After what felt like forever, it was dark out and the streets were empty enough for us to leave. We kept checking over our shoulders to make sure that no one in the building decided to wake up.

“We’ll rendezvous in the area outside of BL/ind.”

“What do we do once we’re both there?” Haze asked.

“Run like hell?”

“Sounds legit.”

I chuckled darkly as I stared into the building. Draculoids were in the main entrance room, cleaning up from the last attack.

“Alright, I’ll start shooting from out here, and then run in. Once they’re all distracted or most of them are dead, you can shoot from here then run in or run in and shoot while running, then go and help set the people free while I set some things straight with Korse and that Asian woman.”

Haze nodded and says, “Sounds good.”

I pulled out my ray gun and, without giving myself any time to think, I opened fire on the draculoids.

I guess you could say it was a good distraction. They all stopped working and starting shooting in random directions, some even shooting each other. If I wasn’t about to do what I was, I would’ve laughed.

I kept shooting, taking down a good number of draculoids. Mostly the draculoids did the work for me, so I ran out a lot earlier than I had expected.

There weren’t that many left, but Korse and the Asian lady would probably be coming down soon. I had to finish it up quickly.

As I ran into the building, the few draculoids left realized that I was the one who attacked them. There were maybe five left. I guess I was just lucky that it wasn't too many, but when five draculoids are all shooting at you, it is not easy to concentrate.

Just as I ran into the building, someone yelled out, "Stop!"

Just like that, all of the draculoids stopped shooting. Only one person could have that kind of control over them.

Just to confirm, I looked up at who it was. Surely enough, there stood Korse with his sidekick, the nameless Asian woman. Somehow, up close, she looked more familiar. It was almost as if I had seen her before, a long time ago.

"Ah, yes. A little Killjoy who came wanting to avenge her friends' deaths. How cute."

Korse sauntered over to me, as if he had all the time in the world. I just wanted to yell at him to walk over like a flipping normal person, but I help it back.

"Who sent you here?" the nameless woman asked me. She was getting more familiar by the second, it was slightly scary.

I didn't answer. There wasn't any way that I would tell them who sent me, if someone did send me. Even though this was my mission from Dr. Death, this part was my own planning. Nobody had sent me, not like I'd tell them that.

"Not much of a talker, are you?" Korse asked me. "That's fine. We have ways of making people talk."

He was trying to intimidate me, I could tell. I wasn't easily intimidated, though.

I stared right at Korse, right in his eyes. Before I could say anything, he cut me off.

"Let me guess, you'll try to think of a way to make me think your friend were innocent, and then I'll beg you for forgiveness and we'll all live happily ever after." He laughed then, and as he laughed, ,y blood boiled with rage.

"The only thing they did was try to save their friend," I said. "They didn't kill any draculoid in Battery City. I did."

"Oh, really?" the Asian woman said. "You expect us to believe that? You've never been the kind of child to tell the truth."

"You don't know anything about me," I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Oh really, November?" Korse said. "Well, we probably should know a lot about you."

I was angry at them, so angry. They didn't know me, of course they didn't. I had never met them before.

Quickly, I raised my ray gun and shot at Korse. Even though he looked old, he nimbly dodged the laser.

Before I knew what was happening, the Asian woman was behind me with two katanas against my throat.

"I wouldn't want to do that now, dear," she hissed in my ear. "Life is a very fragile thing. Whether you live or die is variable."

Suddenly, I remembered the woman. I remember those exact words, coming from her before and coming from stories, stories I had heard from the other Killjoys. Stories about my parents.

My mind told me that she couldn't be my mother. My mother was a Killjoy, she never would've joined BL/ind.

"Ah, I see you've figured it out," Korse said, walking over to me and my mother. "Belinda is your mother. At first we planned on keeping her as a hostage, but then we convinced her that our ways were right after all. Your father couldn't be, though." Korse sighed sadly.

They both seemed to forget that I had my ray gun still in my hand. I guess the bad guys are much dumber than they appear to be.

"Belinda, I say we should take her to one of the experimenting rooms. She would make a lovely experiment, don't you think? Of course, we'll have to mess it up. Slowly."

"Yes, that's a wonderful idea."

"I'm sure you know which room."

Belinda nodded and pulled the katanas away from my throat, but this time she held a gun to my head.

She took me to a room and put me in, closing the door behind her.

"We have to get you out of here," she said to me.

"What?" I asked her dumbly.

"You think I'm letting my own daughter who I haven't seen in ten years get killed?"

"Okay, so, a few minutes ago you were all on Korse's side, and now you want to save me. What's up with that?"

"I didn't want to die," Belinda said quietly. "I tried to convince your father, but he was too proud. Korse had him killed."

"You killed Kobra Kid," I said, glaring at her.

"Honey," she said, wincing.

"Don't call me honey!" I yelled at her. "You killed Kobra Kid! He was part of the only family that I had left! I hate you!"

"If it makes you feel any better, those weren't the real Killjoys. Those were just some draculoids I tested on. I knew Korse had been planning something like that for a while, so I managed to transform their appearances and make them think like the other Killjoys."

"Really?" I asked, blinking.

"Really," she said. "Now we have to get you out of here. There's a back entrance that might work."

"But..." I said, trying to think of what to say.

"But what?"

"I came here with someone else. She said that she'd be letting out the experiments."

"We'll find her and take her back to Dr. Death's, okay?"

I nod, feeling fizzled out. The last time I slept I had passed out, and I was't feeling that great.

"The back entrance is at the end of the hallway at the top floor, this one. I'll find your friend and take her out, and then we'll all go." She opened the door again and pointed to the door that I had to go to, the one that led to the outside. Then she ran off to find Demolition.

Carefully, I crept over to the door. Once I reached it, I slowly twisted the handle. Thankfully, it wasn't locked.

I slowly pushed it open, and then I stepped outside into the night.

I was standing on the roof of the building. From up here, it was impossible to tell that there was the base of an evil corporation underneath it.

You could see the whole city from up here, as well as a lot of the desert. That wasn't the truly beautiful thing, though. The thing that was truly beautiful was the garden up there. It had so many plants that were native to this area, some of them I was shocked that they could even grow here. I didn't know the names of any of them, but it was just amazing to look at.

A few minutes later, Demolition ran out of the building, closing the door behind her. She took out a set of keys and locked the door.

"Where's Belinda?" I asked her.

"Korse discovered what she was doing. She told me to keep running. I have no idea what happened to her."

I closed my eyes and said, "We'll just have to make it back by ourselves and hope for the best."

We found a fire escape to climb down. It was a bit old and rickety, but it was better than nothing.

Once we got to the bottom, Demolition asked me, "So now we run like hell?"

"Might be a good idea," I say. "Follow me."

We both started running in the direction of Dr. Death's. All I could think about on the way back was whether of not Belinda was telling the truth, if she was okay, and it the other Killjoys were okay.

All I could know for certain was that things would never be the same, ever. I would never be able to go back to the way things used to be.
Please tell me what you think of it! Most of this I did from four o'clock until 11:15 PM, all on the same day (Thursday April 18, 2011), so it probably isn't the best thing I've written. Still, I'm proud enough of this to post it on here. I'm thinking of writing maybe like a sequel, just for fun, so please tell me if you think I should. Thank you for reading!

Also, I'm aware that there will be a lot of typos. It's late where I live. and when it's late, sometimes my fingers don't work right. So, please, just kindly point the errors out.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/

My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime4/29/2011, 3:14 pm

I like it. (Anyone have a cookie?)
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime4/29/2011, 7:10 pm

Very... substantial. It's good! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 3:04 pm

uh how many ways do i have to say yes to you making a sequel I didn't have to reead the whole story to no it was good.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Demigod
Hannah

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 5:08 pm

Awesomesauce!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kasi
The Plastics
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 10:57 am

OMG THATS SO GOOD!! SEQUALL!!!
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 1:14 pm

DUDE IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:10 pm

OKAY I just found out a ton of stuff that I didn't know while writing this, so I'm going to have to completely remake the fanfic. I'll put it up once I'm done. Now if only I could think of a theme >.<
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)    My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My fanfic (This is an MCR/Killjoy fanfic, just a warning. I'm doing it for a school project and I want opinions)
Page 1 of 1