Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.)) Empty
PostSubject: New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.))   New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.)) Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 8:45 pm

New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.)) 009.girl
'Well I'm about to spend my cold life cutting corners, placing blame.'--A Toast To the Future Kid by Emarosa

Character Name:
Talbot (Tal) Riff

Description:
Tally has long, curly dark brown, almost black hair that goes down to about her armpits ((I know, not the best word, but I couldn't think of anything else)). When she brushes it, all she does is a quick brush to keep it from getting tangled, so it's usually messy. Her eyes are a pale blue, slightly green, that look very good with her dark hair. Her skin is very pale from staying inside for most of the summer. She never enjoyed the heat in the first place, so she never really wanted to go outside during the summer. Tally stood at an average height of 5 foot five and never really had any hope of being tall in the first place. She was skinny and flat, and a lot of kids picked on her for that. Her nose was medium sized, not large but not small. Most of the time, she had a neutral expression on her face, with a small hint of sadness that could only be found if someone knew what to look for. Most of the time, that was the only hint that she was sad. She was used to disaster, so she put up a brave front and tried not to let anything show. She would smile, pout, or not have any expression at all. Anything but letting the world know how sad she truly was. After pretending for so long, she actually started to convince herself that she actually wasn't sad.

God parent:
Cocytus (God of the underworld river of tears and wailing.)

Mortal parent:
Unknown

Powers**:
None.

Flaws***:
She always hides her emotions, lies a lot (ties in with the first one), not the most social person ever, terrible at holding up conversation, oneirophobia (phobia of dreams), stutters.

Pets:
None.

Weapon****:
An SI dagger and sword.

Talents/Skills:
Singing, acoustic guitar, swimming, kayaking, lying.

RP Example*:
Tal was sitting by the lake one cloudy spring afternoon. She had her notebook open in her lap, pen in hand. She tried to think of something to write down, but nothing came to her. As she bit down on the end of the pen, she heard footsteps. She turned around to see Mr. Wall, the gardener. Mr. Wall was an old man who most people found mysterious and creepy. Not Tal, though. Ever since her first day, Mr. Wall had taken a liking to Tal, and Tal had taken a liking to Mr. Wall. That was a long time ago, though. When Tal was just a little girl, only two days old. It had been Mr. Wall who had chosen her nickname, because he thought that a girl shouldn’t be named Talbot. “Trying to write a story again, Tal?” Mr. Wall asked, sitting down next to her. “Yeah. I can’t think of how to start it, what it should be about, the names of the characters, if the main character should be a girl or boy, first person or third…” Tal trailed off as usual when talking about these things. ’At least I don’t have to deal with my annoying stutter around Mr. Wall,’ she thought. “Just write down whatever comes to you. It doesn’t have to sound good to you, because it could sound good to someone else.” Tal bit the end of her pen again, and then said after a moment, “I guess you’re right, but I want this to be really good. Not just good to someone else, but good to me.” “What’s something you can relate to?” Mr. Wall asked. “Being alone, abandoned,” Tal said quietly, only a very small hint of sadness creeping into her voice. “Try to think of why you were left here,” Mr. Wall said softly. “Make up some reason and write about it. Write about someone else, or write about yourself. Not all stories have to be fiction. The most interesting ones are, though, so if you want to write about yourself, don’t make it exactly how everything happened. Add twists. Make it different.” Tal thought for a moment, and finally said, “I guess that’s a good idea.” A small breeze pushed her hair in her face, the smell of an apple pie drifting along on the wind. Tal took a deep breath in and smiled, feeling happy. “Ah, apple pie,” Mr. Wall said. “One of the greatest thing in life. Should we go get some?” “Not now,” Tal said. “It’s really nice out. Not cold, not hot, and not sunny. I want to enjoy it.” Mr. Wall smiled and said, “How about I go get two slices and some lemonade? You can stay out here.” Tal smiled and said, “That would be great.” Mr. Wall stood up and started walking to the main house, as Tal stared at the blank page. She scribbled down the words, I never knew why my parents left me at this place. I was told that I was a perfect baby, healthy and adorable. If that’s true, why didn’t my parents want me?

Biography*:
Tal never had the perfect life. Her mother left her at a foster home only two days after Tal was born and never showed up again. She had left a note telling the foster home to keep her little baby safe until she was ready to take her home. As a child, Tal had believed that her mom would come back for her. Every time the kids would laugh at her for being so pale and stuttering, she would remind herself that Mommy would take her home soon, and Daddy would be there. When she was twelve and her mother still hadn’t showed up, Tal began to lose faith. She never cried about it, though. She told herself that someone else would choose her and she would have a happy family and a happy life. That never happened either, though. Tal never wanted to stop believing, but sometimes people just have to lose hope in something. It’s the only way to move on and grow up. The only friend Tal had was Mr. Wall, the gardener. Most people thought he was creepy, but not Tal. Mr. Wall had taken Tal under his wing and taught her how to sing, whistle, play guitar, read, and write. Mr. Wall had told Tal that he always wrote down his stories, even though no one ever read them. Tal read them, though. Before Tal could read, Mr. Wall would read the stories to Tal, and then, once Tal knew how to read, she would read the stories to Mr. Wall. Mr. Wall had given Tal her first journal, which she filled with short stories. As Tal grew older, she started writing longer stories. Writing was Tal’s escape from life at the foster home. When the other kids would pick on her, Tal would just go up to her room and write a story about something, anything, or nothing at all. When she finished the stories, she would read them to Mr. Wall. Mr. Wall always told Tal her stories were great and that one day she would grow up to be a great author. Mr. Wall made Tal feel accepted and normal. Often she wondered why Mr. Wall didn’t adopt her. She thought that Mr. Wall would make a great dad and he would be the best dad that any kid could wish for. She never asked him, though. She didn’t want to pester him. When the kids made fun of Tal, she would tell Mr. Wall. She knew that the owner of the orphanage would refuse to believe that one of the kids would hurt another kid. Mr. Wall believed her, though. Mr. Wall always believed her. Tal could tell Mr. Wall that she had been to Mars and met a Martian named Pablo who had a pet unicorn, he would believe her. One day, when Tal was out by the lake behind the foster home, a monster attacked her. Tal, having no way to defend herself, ran. She ran like there was no tomorrow. Mr. Wall saw Tal being chased by the monster and attacked the monster, killing it. He then revealed to Tal the he was a satyr and had been watching her, because that’s what satyrs do. He then took Tal to camp.

Notes:
Gah...Imagination...Dead...Dx

Last edited by Party Poison on 3/30/2011, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.))   New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.)) Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 9:26 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down

New charrie ((I've been getting a lot of random ideas lately.))
Page 1 of 1