Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A story in Greek letters

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A story in Greek letters Empty
PostSubject: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 9:18 pm

I'm just gonna write the boy who cried wolf.

Τηερε ωονσε ας α βωυ ηω ωολδ τενδ για γατηερς σηεερ εξερυ δαυ. Τηεν ωνε δαυ, α ωλγ καμε ανδ φωββλεδ ηιμ οπ.
Τηε ενδ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 12:46 pm

The Google Tradutor can't understand this . That was what he meant: oonse Tiere leave Io voy a oold tendem a gatiers daf exery sieer. Tien uma daf, a ISC OLG and op EMR fovvled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 7:30 pm

Mmmmmmm.....
Tiere oonse let Io voy a oold tend to gatiers sieer exery daf. Tien one daf, a olg ISC and fovvled op. THE EMR ref!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 8:07 pm

please dont, everyone here speaks english, not greek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:05 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 4:00 am

Lol. It's in English, but with Greek letters. It's supposed to say (I think):

There once was a boy who would tend (the?) (gardens?) sheep each day. Then one day a wolf came and gobbled them up.
The end.

However, the actual letters translate as (I think):

There oonse as a boy eo oold tend gia gaters sheer echery day. Then one day, a olg kame and phobbled eim op.
The end!

I may bit a bit off with that, since many of the letters stand for many sounds. For example, η (eta) could sound like h or e, γ (gamma) could be y (not the vowel-sounding y), g, or gh, υ (upsilon) can be y, u, f, or v, and ω (omega) usually sounds like the word "oh", but can sound like "uh" too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 2:23 pm

first of all, I lost my translator, so I could only recognise SOME of the letters. Other times, I just hoped it was a qwerty keyboard. second of all, I didn't use the greek language, just the letters, so I used english spelling but the greek alphabet.

and also, another reason that some of the misspelled was because iPod touch keyboards are teeeeeeeeeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A story in Greek letters   A story in Greek letters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A story in Greek letters
Page 1 of 1