Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nameless story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 11:42 pm

PROLOGUE:

A few things I need to tell you before you go any further. I have lived way less than half of my life as a normal kid. The rest is what you will find out soon enough, but that will come later. Not much later, but definitely later. My name is Emery Shanti. Most people call me Em. I am thirteen years old, and I had no clue about my destiny. I didn’t know what I would have to do; I didn’t know how everything would turn out. But everything started to happen that one Friday night, so many years ago.

CHAPTER ONE:

It was an ordinary Friday night. I was home all alone, and right now I was in my room on my laptop, listening to music by My Chemical Romance. My sister was at the mall; my brother was at a party. Mom and Dad went out for dinner. If everyone had something to do, why was I home alone, most people would wonder.

The thing is, I find socializing stupid. I mean really, what’s the point? Every time you made a friend, that was one more person who would nag you to tell them your secrets, and then you would. Next thing you know, everyone is whispering, and when you walk down the hall they all point and whisper some more. Then they laugh, and you hear about it from that one kid who is brae enough to ask you if that rumor is true.

Of course, by the time that he’s heard it, it’s gotten so twisted and turned and some people excaudate, that he thinks that it’s something entirely different. And then you get all embarrassed.

How do I know all this? I’ve learned the hard way. You can only trust yourself. You can’t trust the next door neighbor; you can’t trust the foreign exchange kid. They’ll find a way to backstab you. Yet everyone keeps on coming back for more.

I looked at the time. It was 10:09 pm. I began to realize that I was hungry, so I closed my laptop and went down stairs.
The kitchen light was off. I fumbled around for a bit, looking for the light switch. I found it after a little bit and turned it on. I walked over to the fridge to open it, but something caught my attention.

A word about my mom. She's extremely forgetful, so she covers the fridge with sticky notes. They're her way of remembering things. I had read every single one at least a million times or so, and I knew when she took them off, when she put new ones on, etc. Well, there was a new one.

I looked at it. The hand writing was not my mom’s, and it wasn't in the pen she normally used. It definitely was not my dad’s, my sister’s, or my brother’s. It was not mine; it was someone else’s entirely.

I read over the note. By the time I was done, I was shaking, literally. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t. My tear glands or whatever they’re called just weren’t working.

A summary of the note:
The person who had written the note had my family. If I told the police I would drop off the face of the earth. I would be slowly tortured to death. I should just wait here for further instructions, and if I did exactly what I was supposed to do, my family would be restored, and all would be well.

I just stood there, staring at the note. “I think I lost my appetite,” I say. Then I pass out.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

I just came up with this, so it's not going to be the best thing I've ever written. I will post chapter two if people like it. THIS IS AN ORIGIONAL STORY!!!!!!!

Last edited by A Fish on 1/2/2011, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:49 am

revision needed, although it's a great start. It's great.
Back to top Go down
Silly Lily
Olympian
Silly Lily

Location : in my hubbu bubbu bubble- gum bubble (dont pop it!!!)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:59 am

Its better than anything i've ever writen.......its awesome
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 7:40 pm

CHAPTER TWO:

I woke up some time later. My back was aching from sleeping on the floor. Then I wondered why I was sleeping on the floor.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. Everything was in its place. All the notes on the fridge, the blinds open, all the chairs around the table. The table was also there.

But then I remembered the note. A feeling of dread washed over me. I couldn’t believe it. My family was gone, and I was just a playing card, used to get what the person wanted in return for my family.

Then I heard something. I froze. It was the loose floor board at the bottom of the steps. The person swore under their breath. I felt myself immediately relax.

The voice was just so, so, ugh, what’s the word-soothing. Yes, that’s it. Soothing. It sounded like a lullaby, but the person wasn’t sleeping. It was something I could listen to for hours on end.

I wanted to just sit there and wait for the person to talk again, but I told myself that I had to snap out of it. I tried slapping myself in the face, but that didn’t do it. So then I stood up and walked over to the cupboard. I opened it and took out a glass, and then I walked over to the sink. I turned on the cold water and splashed it in my face. I shook my head and started shivering. Almost every centimeter of my face was soaked in ice cold water.

But then I realized that might have been a mistake when the footsteps redirected to the kitchen. I started to look around for a place to hide. But of course, the person had to walk in just then.

It was a boy about my age, maybe a bit older. It was hard to tell. He had a pale complexion, striking blue eyes, and the blackest hair I’ve ever seen. He was wearing all black, and his outfit looked expensive. Especially his watch, which was gold and diamond encrusted. If I had sold that watch, I would have enough money to pay for my house and an extremely high quality diamond ring. And he probably was the most handsome boy I have ever seen.

Now, compared to him, I felt like a drooling idiot. My face was soaking wet, and so was my hair. My jeans were ripped and had grass stains on the knees. My t-shirt was one of those shirts where it has a picture of somebody’s rib cage. Those shirts are really cool, but compared to what he was wearing? That shirt was just about as cool as dirt.

He looked at me, as if scanning me. It felt weird to be looked at that closely, after years of people waling right past me every day in the hall at school. I started to squirm, wishing I could just fade into the old familiar wall paper.

After what felt like a millennium, he stopped looking at me. “Edward Richmington,” he said, looking int my eyes.

I started to squirm again. “Emery Shanti,” I managed to say.

“Why are you squirming?” he asked very rudely.

Suddenly I began to feel mad. My family just got kidnapped, I slept on the floor after passing out and now some rich kid sneaks into my house and starts questioning me? “Why are you in my house? Why are you looking at me like that? Why don’t you just shut up!?” I asked angrily.

He looked at me shocked. “Why are you so angry?” he asked me.

Well, that was it. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and shoved him up against the wall. “I just found out that my family got kidnapped, I passed out on the kitchen floor and my back hurts like heck, and now some stupid rich kid just broke into my house and is rudely questioning me. I’ve got a reason to be angry, punk.”

He looked afraid of me, like a lot of kids in the grades younger than me.

I smirked at that thought and let go of him. Then I turned around and went to the already opened cupboard. I grabbed a bowl and set it down on the counter. Then I got some milk from the fridge, and some Coco Puffs from the pantry. Then I poured some Coco Puffs into the bowl, and then I put in some milk. I set that down on the table and got a spoon, and then I sat down in the chair I always used and started to eat my cereal.

Edward was still staring at me with those eyes that look kinda like he’s a deer that’s about to get hit by a car.

I swallow the spoonful of cereal and look at him. “You look really stupid like that, you know? I recommend trying to look normal instead of looking like you’re about to get hit my a car,” I said. Then I went back to my cereal.

When I finished the bowl of cereal, I just stood up and walked over to the fridge. I grabbed the new note off the fridge and walked over to Edward. I handed him the note. “I’m gonna be in my room. You look at that and tell me if it looks familiar, because I need to do some stuff and I’m sick of your face.” Then I turned around and left, going to my room.

I was just going up the stairs when I heard him call after me.

“Wait. I think I might know who left this.”

I froze. “How do I know I can trust you?” I asked.

“I guess you don’t, but just please stop being so darn stubborn and come down here.”

I sighed. “Fine,” I grumbled as I stomped down the few stairs that I had climbed.

When I got to the bottom of the stair, Edward was standing exactly where he was before, waiting patiently.

"So what did you find Edweird I mean Edward?" I asked, smiling at my not so accidental mistake.

Edward sighed. "The hand writing, it looks exactly like my dad's"

"And if it is your dad's, then I have a reason to not trust you. So, is there any way we can find out?"

"You really don't like me, don't you."

"Yep! Now let's find out so I can have a reason to leave you behind."

END OF CHAPTER TWO

CHPTER THREE

Trying to figure out who wrote the note wasn’t all that exciting. All we did was sit at the kitchen table for hours as we poured over it, looking for any hints or clues to help us.

“Ugh, how long have we been doing this?” I asked Eddy.

He looked at his watch. “About an hour or so.”

I groan. “What happened to all that James Bond stuff that normally happens when people get kidnapped?”

“That’s just the movies, Emery.”

“Well it shouldn’t be!” I complain. “I mean really! This is just so boring!”

“Emery Shanti, quit being so childish. We need to be serious about this!”

“Oh, since when were you in charge? Last I checked, I was in charge! These are my parent, not yours!” I screamed at him.

He sighed. “I guess you’re right,” he said.

“Wait, what? Normally people keep on fighting to get things their way, but you just say ‘I guess you’re right?’”

“So you want me to try and get my way?”

“Oh, never mind,” I grumbled. “I’m getting some food.”

“But you already ate.”

“Well too bad I’m still hungry!” I snapped as I stormed off to the kitchen. I grabbed a new bowl and the cereal box, pouring the cereal in. I pour in some milk and grab a spoon. Then I storm back into the dining room and sit down. I start to eat my cereal in an angry fashion.

Eddy starts laughing at me. “You look so stupid,” he said.

“Shut up, Edweird,” I mumble over a mouthful of cereal.

He stops laughing and sighs. “Look at us! We’re supposed to be working together, but instead we’re throwing insults!”

I snicker. “You started it this time.”

“Alright, fine, maybe I did, but still!”

I sigh. “Alright, fine. We’ll try to work together. But can we just say that you’re dad left the note? This is getting boring.”

“You won’t throw me out?”

“Eh, I don’t feel like it right now. If you’re in on his plan, then yeah, of course I’m kicking you out. After I kick your butt.”

Eddy rolled his eyes. “So, are we going? And what are we going to do once we leave?”

“Hey, don’t get that far ahead of yourself,” I said, chuckling. I walked to the door and opened it. Together, Eddy and I stepped out into the sunlight.

END OF CHAPTER THREE
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 2:41 pm

CHAPTER FOUR

I squinted at the sunlight, so used to the darkness. “Ow, bright,” I mutter.

“Well what did you expect, darkness?” Eddy asked me.

“Oh shut up you!” I snapped. “My family just gets kidnapped; I see a note that makes me pass out on the kitchen floor; I wake up with my back aching like it’s broken; and then to top it all off some rich kid appears out of nowhere saying that his dad kidnapped my family!”

Eddy blinked, and then looked down. “Sorry,” he muttered. “I didn’t think you’d be that annoyed.”

I snorted, but really I was surprised. I wasn’t used to people acting that way. Most of the time when I explode on them they just laugh and say, “Aww, is little Em angry?” and just walk away talking about stupid stuff with their friends.

I closed the door behind me and locked it, not wanting somebody to kidnap my cat or something like that.

“And so what do we do now?”

“Go to my house, storm in, somehow kick my dad’s butt, and then take your family back?”

“Hm. Good plan.”

“Yeah, but we’re not going to do that.”

“What?” I asked, suddenly suspicious.

Edward took out a needle, and before I could do anything, plunged it into my arm. “Sorry I had to do that, Emery. I can’t disobey my orders.”

I didn’t even have time to glare at him when the pavement rushed up at my face and everything went black.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR

Sorry it's been so long. My old laptop died so I couldn't work on it, then I got a new one, and then I forgot about it. Chapter five will be up soon! And yes, I know, it's short. I was having a bit of writers block. And if someone could help me come up with a better name that would be awesome. The name I have sucks DX
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:42 pm

CHAPTER FIVE

When I woke up, my head hurt like crap.

’What happened?’ I thought. Then I remembered.

My family got kidnapped, some rich kid broke into my house, we spent hours planning, and then he knocked me out. Joy.

I looked around to survey my surroundings, but the thing is, I can’t see. I was pretty positive that I wasn’t blind. At least, I hopped I wasn’t. That would be a major setback to my plan of kicking Edweird and his dad’s butts.

I heard voices coming from the hallway, and footsteps, too. One voice sounded familiar, the other did not.

The first voice was Edweird, the royal pain himself. The other one was probably his dad, the royal pain of all pains including Edweird.

“You’re sure her parents didn’t teach her about her powers?” the voice that was probably Edwardo’s dad’s voice said.

“Positive. If they did, she must know how to hide it pretty well. She acted like a total idiot, clueless to why someone would kidnap her family.”

’What powers?’ I thought. ’I don’t have any powers. I’m just a normal teenage girl who tries to lead her own life and wishes that she had powers!’

The door opened, and I was just about blinded by a beam of bright, white light.

“Ow!” I yelled. “Blind me, why don’t you?”

“Feisty,” Edward’s dad said.

“Oh shut up you.”

Something hit the wall next to my head. A knife. He threw a knife at my head.

“Next time it will be your head that I hit, not the wall,” he snarled.

“Good for you,” I replied.

“Okay, so I assume that you’ve guessed that I have kidnapped your family.”

“No duh. And then you tell me not to do anything, then you send Edward over to break into my house and make try to do something to find my family just to get me here. Wouldn’t it have been easier to kidnap me too?”

Edward’s dad ignored me. “Yes, well, I have a deal to make. You give up your powers and I give you your family.”

I stared at him. “Has the world gone mad? I don’t have powers! This isn’t soma fantasy book!”

“I told you she doesn’t know about them yet!” Edward said to his dad.

“Well how could she not know about something that big? She’s the one who has the powers! It’s obvious! No one else had them. Only she could have them!”

“Unless the family passed them off to someone else,” Edward mumbles.

“What? No. That’s crazy. No one would do such a thing.”

“I’m still here!” I yelled at them, and they both stopped and stare at me.

“Oh. Right. Of course you are.”

“Now, tell me what you’re talking about and maybe I can help you.”

“Well, your family has this insane power that’s kind of like the power of God. Heck, your family is the family that created the human race and came up with that whole God explanation so they could lead normal lives, and apparently you’re the one who the power got passed down to,” Edward babbled.

I stared at him, and then I started laughing. “You two are insane! The only thing my family could create is two kids fighting over something stupid like pie!”

“I guess that will have to change. You can develop your powers. Your mother can teach you how to use them, and that will be the only member of your family you can see. Once you have mastered your powers, you give them to me. Kapiche?”

“Okay then?”

Then Edward and his dad opened the door again, almost blinding me again, and they left, closing the door, leaving me in the darkness to think all of this absurdness over.
END OF CHAPTER FIVE

CHPATER SIX:

I sat in the darkness, my eyes closed. Nothing made sense anymore. I’m accused of having powers that I don’t have, I’m called stupid, my families kidnapped, yadayadayada. I just didn’t get it.

Suddenly, I was mad. Really mad. I punched a wall to get some of my anger out. All it did was make my hand hurt really bad.

I didn’t cry, though. I couldn’t let myself be weak when my family got kidnapped. I know I should have called the police, but for some reason I didn’t. I know I should have left this to the professionals, but for some reason I didn’t do that either. For some reason I chose to be stupid and do it myself.

Worst mistake I ever made.

I shouldn’t have tried to do this on my own with stupid backstabbing Edward. I never should have trusted him. I was an idiot.

I heard footsteps again. I sighed, hoping that it wasn’t Edward and his dad trying to get me to admit that I have these so called ‘powers.’

Only, when the door opened, it wasn’t them. It’s Edward’s dad and my mom.

“Mom?” I asked, not sure if it was really her.

“Oh Emery!” my mom said, running over to me. She hugged me the same way she did when I go lost at the park when I was two.

“No time for reunions!” Edward’s dad snapped. “Get started now!”

He slammed the door behind him when he left, leaving my mom and I in darkness.

“Is what he said true” I ask my mom. “That I have these…powers?”

My mom paused before answering. “Yes. It is true. I wish it wasn’t, but it is.”

“But how? How is it possible?”

“No one knows, Emery.”

I don’t speak for a long time, but when I do, my voice is thin and wavery, like I’m about to cry. “Why didn’t you tell me, Mom? Why tell, me now?”

“Emery, we didn’t want you thinking that you were better than anyone else.”

I didn’t say anything, just starred at the floor. I didn’t know what to say. My parents don’t tell me a huge secret that they know about my life. They wait until I have to give up my powers to tell me and teach me how to use them. Something didn’t fit the picture.

“Well, I guess I better start teaching you.”

“So that jerk face can just take it away from me?”

My mom shook her head. “Who ever said you can’t use it against him?”

I grinned. “Now you’re talking.”

“It gives you the power to not only create, but destroy.”

“So I’m just going to make him disappear from the face of the earth?”

My mom shook her head again. “The world needs to be renewed. People have gotten out of control. You will be the one who will destroy the world and start it again.”

“But I get to keep you, Dad, Agatha, and Tommy alive, right?”

Once again, my mom shook her head. “You have to do it along. That’s what the Creator before you had to do. You can’t keep anyone alive except for yourself.”

My eyes widened. My jaw dropped. Destroy my family? How could I do something that evil? That heartless? They’re my family for goodness sake!

“I’m sorry, Honey,” my mom says softly. “I wish it wasn’t true, but that’s the way it has to be done. That’s the way it always has been done.”

“No! I’m not doing that. I’m giving up the power. I just want my family!”

“Emery, you have to listen to me. You can’t give it up. It’s either destroy the world or die.”
END OF CHAPTER SIX

Chapters five and six. If you come up with a name, please PM it to me or post it here. Comment, tell me if there's anything I should change, what you don't like, what you do like, and all that stuff. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 9:55 pm

CHAPTER SEVEN

I stared at my mom, or where I assumed my mom was, in shock. “Th-ther-re has to be way-y!!” I stuttered.

My mom sighed. “I wish there was, Emery, but there isn’t. It’s what must be. I’ll teach you how to use your powers, and then you must destroy the world. You’ve taught yourself to be alone. I know that from watching you grow up. That’s the thing a person who must do what you must has to be able to do. Your brother wouldn’t be able to stand that. The life of the party, you know him.”

“Will everything be the way it was in the bible? Wait…did that sound stupid to you?”

My mom laughed, and it was a comforting sound, to know that she could still laugh at a time like this. “Depends on how you want it to be, Emery. You’ve always been able to imagine things. Imagine up a new world, but only when the time comes.”

“So, don’t you have to teach me how to do something?”

“Yes! Yes, I do. Okay. Think of something. Something small and simple. Oh! I know. Think of light. Think of only the light, and think of how you want it. Think of how much you wish that the light was here.”

So I wished that there was light. I wished and I hoped and I thought about how much I needed it. My eyes were shut tight. I blocked out every thought that wasn’t about the light out.

At first, nothing happened. Just the same, plain old darkness. When I was at the verge of giving up, something cut through the darkness. I heard my mom gasp, and I opened my eyes. I gasped, too, then put my hand over my eyes.

The room was filled with light. White, blinding light that hurt my eyes more than anything.

“Open your eyes honey,” my mom said softly.

So I pulled my hands off of my eyes and opened them, letting them adjust. The whole eye-blinding thing was getting annoying by now.

“That was good, but a bit too much. Concentrate on dimming it,” my mom said her voice tender.

I nodded and started concentrating on dimming the light. Of course, when the light did dim, it almost went out.

My mom laughed and said, “That might have been a bit too much.”

“Figures,” I muttered, concentrating on making it just a little brighter.

This time I succeeded. The light only brightened enough so it wasn’t too dim, but not too bright.

My mom grinned at me, and I grinned back at her. I doubted anyone could feel this good. I’d just made light out of nothing, and my mom was proud of me. She might’ve been forgetful, but she was the best mom any girl could wish for.

“Now concentrate on making the light disappear, then reappear, and so forth,” my mom said.

I again nodded and did as she said. I did it until I could do it in my sleep. Trust me, that took a long time. I just don’t want to bore you.

So, my mom had me do a few other things, too. Paper clips, pieces of paper, whatever. Sometimes things that aren’t objects, like smells and sounds. And there with my mom, I felt like I belonged. I knew it wouldn’t last long, but it still felt right. More right than anything else.

Or course, Eddy had to come in and ruin our moment. Typical of the villain…Or the son of the villain. I’m not exactly sure what to think of Eddy. Is he the good guy or the bad guy? I quickly shoved the thought out of my head. He’s the bad guy. He’s helping his dad. I shouldn’t trust him or anything close to trusting.

“Mrs. Shanti, you are to return to your quarters now,” he said.

I smirked and said, “Who talks like that? I mean, really?”

My mom laughed and Edward said, “Silence!”

We both shut up pretty quickly.

My mom stood up and said, “I’ll see you later, Emery.”

I watched her leave the room, not able to stop myself from thinking ’With any luck.’
END OF CHAPTER SEVEN
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 10:10 am

CHAPTER EIGHT

So, my mom left, leaving me with Edward the backstabbing-traitor himself. All I could think was, ’Oh, gee, this is just great!’

Edward just stood there for a moment, not doing anything. He let the door shut behind him, and once again it was pitch black.

I heard him sigh, and I heard a bit of fabric ruffling around. I thought it was him going to open the door, hoping maybe to blind me.

“I never wanted to help my father, you know,” he said quietly.

I snorted and said, “Yeah, right. If you didn’t want to help him then why did you?”

“He’s my dad, Emery. What am I supposed to do? Say no?”

“Finally you get something right,” I muttered.

“You don’t get it, do you? My father’s powerful. He could’ve hurt one of my friends to make me do it, or hurt my mom, or just hurt someone. Anyone. It doesn’t matter who.”

For a moment, I almost felt sorry for him. Then I reminded myself that he knocked me out and dragged me to this dark little cell, and if there’s anyone who deserved people feeling sorry for them, it’s me.

“Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you?” I asked. “’Cuz honestly, it’s not working.”

Edward sighed and said, “I should have expected something like that from you.” The thing was, he seriously sounded disappointed. Like he had expected me to understand, like he wanted me to understand.

The thing that scared me about that is that I could always detect sarcasm when somebody said something like that to me. Nobody ever meant that kind of stuff when they said it. Well, they never meant it when they said it to me, at least.

“You really expected me to feel sorry for you?” I said instead. “You knocked me out and I wake up in this stupid little cell. My family could be hurt, I’m under pressure, and you expect me to feel sorry for you?” I was yelling by the time I finished.

I waited for some snooty snobby comeback, but all he said was, “You’re right.”

I stared strangely at where his voice was coming from, good and hard. “You don’t make any sense, at all y’know that?” I said finally.

“I’ve heard it before,” he said, and I could just imagine him giving me that sly smile, trying to be charming.

“I probably should go. Before my dad finds out that I’m here,” he said.

I heard him stand up, and then he opened the door. Gah. Fourth (I think?) time I’ve been blinded over a short period of time. Joy.
END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

Just a note, but if you're waiting for me to work on my other stories, I decided to ditch them. Too much work doing several stories at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nameless story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nameless story   Nameless story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nameless story
Page 1 of 1