Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sham Clery: Son of Tyche

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Empty
PostSubject: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 6:45 pm

Name: Sham Donald Clery
Nickname: Shamrock (dislikes it)
DoB: 10/19/97
Place of Birth: Dublin, Ireland
God Parent: Tyche.
Mortal Parent: Douglas O'Connel

Eye Color: Green, with flecks of gold.
Hair: light blond, kept clean and neat in a bowl haircut.
Height: 5'10
Body: tall, slightly muscular, dark, tanned Caucasian skin.
Clothing: Green shirt under a white, open button-down shirt. Blue jeans, with carrying case for weapon (cards,) on side. Wears a drachma on a gold chain around neck
Distinctive markings: tattoo with the words "Luck of the Irish," written in green lettering circling his right wrist. slight, very light freckles on cheeks, not very visible. Brand of a shamrock on his back that is scarred.
Personality: Very happy and energetic unless he doesn't like someone, then he has a rude and sarcastic demeanor. Very happy-go-lucky, and will roll with most events as long as he knows or thinks he knows what will happen.

Powers: Sham can sense where money is in about a 100 foot radius, making him useful in non-combat situations. Also has abnormally good luck win it comes to gambling and choices

Fatal flaw: Sham is over confident in his powers and god parent. He expects everything to work out in his favor, and will be shocked and unpredictable when he is confronted with the fact that he is not in control of everything. He also cannot use his powers when a symbol of bad luck was around (if there was money hidden in a safe with a black cat on top, he wouldn't be able to sense the money.)
Other flaws: Sham is OCD when it comes to his appearance, going against his usual easygoing demeanor. He is also somewhat of a gambling addict, betting on anything that he thinks he will win.

Weapon: Sham has weapons in the form of a deck of celestial bronze playing cards. They appear to be bronze playing cards, but when thrown, they deploy razor sharp edges to stick to their target or cut them, much like a throwing knife. Sham can also use the cards as makeshift daggers, although he does not like doing this, and will tend to stick to throwing the cards. Sham will usually keep two decks at a time, and will usually get a Hephaestus camper to make more decks for him when needed. Sham is very agile and dodges away from enemies to throw cards at them from a distance.

Pets: no animate pets, although Sham will pick up rocks or other inanimate objects and name them. Carrying them around for a short time before dropping them and finding a new one.

Talents: Sham is ambidextrous, and also is agile and quick on his feet. He is slightly above average in terms of intelligence, and is tolerant to large levels of pain (although he doesn't think he is.)

RP Example: A flip of a coin, and a punch in the face is what tells me that this guy isn't playing around. Another day on the streets, and another average joe who thinks he's being conned. I stand up and fake like I'm scared, Tyche knows that I'll win, and the odds are ever in my favor, but I might as well let this guy think he's got me. a few seconds is all it takes before he swings at me again, and a few seconds is all it takes for me to block him, deck him, and leave him in the dirt. I can sense the money on him, so I lean down and take the wallet out of his back pocket, which he doesn't seem to mind at this point, and walk back out of the alley he cornered me in. After getting to the next local hangout, I walk up to the next average joe; "care for a betting game?" I say, and smile, the odds are always in my favor, and this guy just doesn't know it yet...

Biography:
Sham Clery wasn't always Sham's real name. His father was named Douglas O'Connel, and Douglas was the most indebted man in all of Dublin. Douglas had been in love with Tyche, goddess of luck, but after Sham came, Douglas scorned Tyche, and ditched her for a mortal woman. Needless to say, Tyche cursed him with bad fortune, and so Douglas became, after several years, broke and indebted to several loan sharks in Dublin. They tracked down Douglas, killed him, and took Sham, who was three at that time. After keeping Sham for a short while, the loan sharks noticed that he had the ability to sense where money was, so they forced him to work for them as a "money sniffer," giving him a brand of a shamrock to mark that he could make them money. After 7 years, Sham finally escaped from his captors, and changed his name to Clery so that they would never find him. He spent 3 years on the streets of Dublin, during which Tyche revealed herself to be his mother, and told him about his powers. Sham used his new powers to become a traveling con man, betting with men on games he knew he would win. But when he was nearly caught, Sham fled to America, where both police and monsters were more cunning, he finally learned about CHB from a satyr, and arrived at camp about a month before his 15th birthday.

Thanks for reading! hope you enjoy and approve!
-CrashCourse

Last edited by CrashCourse on 12/23/2012, 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 6:51 pm

Any future-seeing powers aren't allowed.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 7:01 pm

okay, I think the new power works better, seeing as I stopped the new one from power playing, and restricted it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 7:11 pm

That power wouldn't be allowed, and doesn't relate to Tyche. Most of the time children of Tyche don't have powers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 7:13 pm

now I just made it very simple, nothing fancy.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime12/23/2012, 7:21 pm

Approved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sham Clery: Son of Tyche   Sham Clery: Son of Tyche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sham Clery: Son of Tyche
Page 1 of 1