Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/2/2013, 1:40 pm

Salone arched an eyebrow, she truly did adore this boy with all her heart. In fact, she was quiet infatuated by him; but sometimes, he was a little slow when it concerned a certain person's parentage.
"Riley," She sighed. "Who do we know who also happens to be an Egyptian, that I don't like very much? Besides sleeping on the roof is fun, you get the chance to see the stars."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 1:45 am

"Oh," Riley murmured, kicking himself internally for only just now realizing that Fabian was a son of Bast. That must be awful, to have to sleep in the same cabin as someone who'd treated you so badly. His arm stiffened around her waist. "I suppose sleeping on the roof could be alright, since camp is warm." Sleeping on the roof in February sounded so ridiculous, but it wasn't. You could go swimming in February at camp, if you really wanted to. He looked up through the trees at the stars and was surprised to see snow falling, reaching a certain height above him before simply sliding away against camp's barriers. "It's snowing," he murmured distractedly, though he figured she had already realized that.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 2:12 am

Salone grinned and looked up at the sky. The flakes settled in her eyelashes and hair, they were huge flakes too. But very beautiful, you could see all of the designs.
"Maybe I shall bunk with Danni tonight," She laughed, "Inside instead of outside."
She reached her hand out and pulled a big thigh blanket out of the Du'at and wrapped it around herself and Riley. Salone smiled up at him.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 2:26 am

Riley grabbed one side of the blanket and pulled it around him, making sure there was enough for her, too. He pulled away from her for a moment, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling both sides of the blanket in front of them before beginning to lead her into camp, towards the cabins. "I think sleeping inside is probably the better option, since it seems like the weather inside our boundaries is changing," he said softly, catching a snowflake in his hand. "You don't have to sleep with Danielle, though, if you don't want to..." he spoke softly, though he blushed. "My cabin is always available to you. We can say that you had nightmares, or I had nightmares and forced you to come stay with me..." he whispered to her. It sounded like a shenanigan she would approve of, but he felt nervous, just a little, even though he'd slept in her cabin just last week. He was hurt and feeling ill then, though, so it was different.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 2:39 am

Salone felt all of the heat rush to her face as she thought about it. She looked at him thoughtfully and gave him an apologetic smile, "Any other time Riley, would be great but considering what I have been through these past few days. With Danni leaving to the front in a few days too-" Salone covered her mouth. She had lost track of the date, Danni would be leaving the day after tomorrow... She closed her eyes. Salone hated the fact her best friend was first and foremost a soldier and a spy. Absolutely despised it, "Didn't she tell you?"
She finally asked looking up at Riley.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 4:12 pm

Riley nodded. "Okay," he said, watching her for a moment, confused. What was she talking about, with Danielle? She looked perturbed, and Riley slowed his steps subconsciously. "Tell me what?" Riley asked. "Where is she going?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/3/2013, 5:06 pm

((Bahaha. Best plot Idea ever.))
"Riley, Danni is leaving for the war front day after tomorrow." Salone answered slowly her fingers closing around the edge of the blanket. "I thought she had already told you..."
The tip of Salone's nose turned red and her breath became visible in the cooling air as she looked at Riley. Her other free hand twisted around her necklace. Yes, there was an actual war front for fighting against the people who had kidnapped Salone and Danni was leaving to fight them and there was a 50/50 chance she wouldn't come back.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 12:19 am

"She didn't," Riley said simply, his brow furrowing. "What war front?" She had told him that it wasn't possible to fight back against the organization that was against the demigods, since it would be too dangerous, but that was his first thought. Did she do lie to him on purpose? He looked at Salone, who seemed pretty troubled.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 12:53 am

"Yes, war front," Salone said. "She is in the Italian Army after all."
She twisted her necklace even more as the camp came into view, she was down right nervous about going into camp. The differences from when she left and now were astounding...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 8:20 pm

"The Italian Army..." Riley trailed off, thinking. "Salone, she didn't mention anything specific about this war, did she. What she was fighting for?" He raised an eyebrow, speaking impulsively. Salone obviously knew something that he didn't. There had to be something he was missing here. Salone looked pretty concerned, which was a little weird because Danielle was touch. Plus, she was involved with the FBI. The FBI wouldn't just send her off into an easy battle, where she could be picked off for a stupid reason. Obviously, she was valuable. Riley was disconcerted, and it was becoming more and more clear that she had lied to him. It made sense, though, now that he thought about it.

If she was going off to fight against the organization that had taken Salone hostage and experimented on the both of them, it was going to be incredibly dangerous. And Riley, being incredibly impulsive, would immediately want to get involved. He would feel obliged to get involved... and that was his gut instinct. But here, detached from the situation, he knew that he couldn't handle it, that he wasn't trained enough, that the organization knew too much about him, that he couldn't leave Salone... or could he? His stomach twisted. He couldn't leave. That was what Danielle knew. That was what Danielle thought she knew. But he couldn't leave. Right? Quickly, realizing that Salone was still standing her, Riley bristled and tried to cover up his thought process even though he knew it was useless, being that Salone could usually read him like a book. He threw away his thoughts for a moment, though, and looked at her. He'd stopped walking at this point.

"Are you okay, with all of this? After everything?" he asked softly. Obviously, she wasn't completely okay with it all. That wasn't what he was asking. His hand grasped hers, which was clenched around her twisted necklace.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 8:43 pm

"Even if I am not, it's still going to happen." Salone answered, her fingers stopped twisting the necklace as soon as Riley's hand touched hers. She looked up at him and squeezed his hand, offering a small smile.
"But, I should be... eventually." She leaned her head on his arm, since she was to short to reach his shoulder. More snow came down and she looked up at the sky.
"How are you okay with the snow?" She finally asked, she had meant to ask him why he didn't shift when he hit the lake back in Rome.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 9:39 pm

Riley just nodded, glad that she hadn't said anything about what he had been thinking, though she seemed to avert the specifics pretty deliberately. He thought that he'd try to talk to Danielle before she left, but he didn't think it'd change anything. He didn't think that he could just get up and leave here, even if he was allowed to, no matter how much he wanted to fight against that organization. Salone leaned against him and he kissed the top of her head, which just about reached his shoulder. She asked him about the snow and he was confused for a second, because he hadn't really thought about it. He'd just put his hand in his pocket when it'd started snowing and he'd been fine. Propping the blanket over his arm he reached into his pocket and grabbed his sword's sheath, which was a simple, small square of leather coated metal. Its Greek letters glowed faintly and he held out his palm, catching a snowflake.

"If you look closely," he murmured. "The snow isn't even touching me, not really. I can feel it, it's cold, but it isn't touching me." He caught another. "It was a gift from my dad, it holds my sword. Seems to be pretty effective, but when I was submerged in water I was done for. Here, with my jacket and everything, I'm okay... for now," he explained, pulling the blanket up again. He wondered how long it would take to wear out. "Let's not risk this, though. I think we've had enough time out in the cold." He pulled away from Salone gently and repocketed his sword's sheath. He took her hand in his. "You ready?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 10:12 pm

Salone took his hand, "Let's go. I am starting to worry about a zombified corpse wandering around camp delivering suitcases to a Mr. White and his fiancee."
Salone wiggled her eyebrows at him and then ducked out from under the blanket and took off running down the hill in nothing but shorts, a tank top, and flip-flops. The blanket had vanished as soon as her flesh parted company with it. She let go of Riley's hand and ran like a little kid. She dodged trees and came to a halt outside of the cabins. Not even breathing heavily.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 10:28 pm

"Oh gods," Riley murmured, before Salone took off running down Half Blood Hill. She was insane, wearing summer clothes and not seeming to care too much. He'd dressed for the weather, thankfully, and Camp was very temperature neutral. He chased after her without much hesitation, though she'd gotten a head start and he met up with her a few seconds after she'd stopped, running up behind her and wrapping his arms around her shoulders, still stumbling. "You," he spoke, "are nuts." He nearly fell backwards but kept hold of her, steadying himself leaning forward and resting his head on her shoulder before forcing himself to pull away, because he knew that she wanted to go speak with Danielle. "I suppose you're not cold anymore?" he spoke, laughing and shrugging off his jacket and looking up. The snow just reached camp's weatherproof ceiling before disappearing into thin air. Camp was comfortable, maybe about 60 degrees or so, and it was nice.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/4/2013, 11:10 pm

Riley's arms slid around her shoulders and his head rested briefly on her shoulder before he withdrew.
"But you love me anyway." Salone offered, smiling. She opened her cabin door and looked at him over her shoulder, "you coming?"
She stepped inside and a wave on incense hit her nose and she felt like she was home. The pillow-pet box was sitting on her bunk as well as the box with the engagement ring in it.
"Merry Christmas," She tossed it to Riley, getting on her hands and knees she pulled out her guitar case from under the bed.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 12:10 am

"I do," Riley agreed with a smile. "Maybe I'm nuts," he said, hopping up the steps into the cabin and taking the door from her. He caught the box with the ring within it, popping it open and looking at the diamond. It must've been about 2 carats or more; it was enormous. Someone had spent a ton of money on it. He shut the box and turned it over in his hands, uncomfortable as he glanced around the cabin for Fabian. There didn't seem to be any sign of him yet. "What am I supposed to do with this?" Riley asked, laughing lightly. "Maybe Danielle wants it back... though the way she looked at it she didn't seem too excited." He shrugged. "It could be sold... what are you looking for anyway, you need help?" Riley asked, watching her as he leaned back against the frame of someone's unoccupied bunk bed.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 12:29 am

She was about to open the case and looked back at Riley.
"You could always hang onto it and make a girl really happy one day. Save a ton of money too, that's what I would do. Naw, I'm fine just pulling out this old thing." She flicked open the case and pulled out her guitar. Often times, when nobody was in the cabin, she'd play it to keep it in shape and tune. It had been several weeks since she had last tuned it. Sitting on the edge of her bunk, she tuned it, wincing occasionally at the flatness of the string. Within about thirty seconds she had it in tune. She strummed an old song from the depths of her memory before switching gears into a song that happened to be popular on the radio. The one by Ed Sheeran... at the moment she couldn't remember the title.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 1:13 am

Riley raised an eyebrow but said nothing while she tuned her guitar, not looking at him. He pocketed the ring in its case and sat down across from Salone. Was she dropping hints already, saying he was going to make a girl really happy one day? Obviously she didn't necessarily mean herself, and they were 16, for gods sake, but.. it was weird to think about. He decided he'd keep the ring and sell it when he needed the money for another, or for something else that was of dire importance. He didn't like the idea of giving a girl some ring that had been randomly selected by a careless FBI agent... Riley wasn't the kind of half-ass things. When that time came, which wouldn't be for a while, he thought, he would do it right. He sat patiently as Salone tuned her guitar.

"I didn't know you played," he spoke casually, though she seemed quite focused on her tuning. "I play bass. Well, I did, back home... I haven't played much since then, though I've tried." He shrugged, watching her as she shifted from tuning into a song he felt like he'd heard before, but he couldn't quite put his finger on its identity.

((I love how you randomly incorporate Ed Sheeran LOL))
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 1:31 am

Salone looked up just in time to catch the face Riley was making, she suppressed a snort of laughter. "Not what I meant."
She rolled her eyes for good measure. Salone highly doubted she was ever going to get married at all... She continued to the chorus of the song.
"You never asked," She answered in response to the fact he didn't know she played. "HA! I remembered the title. A Team by Ed Sheeran."
She punched the air, slamming her knuckles on the cross beam.
"Ouch!"
Of all the idiot things a seventeen year old could do. She laid down the guitar and looked at her knuckles, purpal, bruised, and swelling rapidly.

((Eh... I needed a song and you happened to pop into my head.))
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 10:20 pm

Riley chuckled, listening to her intently and closing his eyes. He shouldn't have been this tired, he'd dozed a little on the plane, but he felt like he was going to be tired for a while, with the jet lag and the insanity that had occurred. He opened his eyes as she spoke, looking at her relaxedly. "Ed Sheeran... I think I've-"

He was going to finish his thought, but Salone slammed her fist straight into a beam- accidentally, of course. He watched as she examined the damage she'd made, and looked worse than he'd expected it to. He frowned. "You must've slammed it pretty hard," he murmured, wincing and fishing around for ambrosia or nectar or painkillers or something. "Where do you keep your first aid stuff?" he asked, looking back at her.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 10:39 pm

"Cupboard," She muttered faintly and she examined her hand. She wiggled her fingers wincing. Not to bad, just bruised. "I bruise easily."
Yes she did, in fact she had bruises up and down her spine from her experience at the Angel hospital. The Egyptians had a cupboard devoted to medication and other stuff like that because sometimes Egyptians were accident prone... Salone this week happened to be one of those. The week before it had been a kid of Isis.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 12:21 am

Riley nodded, moving over the the cabinet and grabbing some ambrosia, as well as a dishtowel and an ice pack from the freezer that was conveniently placed below the cabinet. It was clear that the Egyptians were quite clear. He wrapped the ice pack in the towel and moved back over to her, handing her the ambrosia and offering her the ice pack. He wished that they could stop getting hurt and worrying and just relax for a while... not that this had anything to do with that. He was just tired of all of the drama.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 12:33 am

Salone accepted the ice pack and the ambrosia. She popped a tiny square of it in her mouth, chewed, and then swallowed... Then she placed the ice pack on her hand, feeling the numbing power of ice.
"Thanks," She said, scooting over to make room for Riley while shoving the stuffed elephants out of the way and into the corner of the bed. Tomorrow, she planned to have a relaxing and recover from trauma and drama day.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 1:08 am

"Any time," Riley said softly, sitting down beside Salone when she moved over. He wrapped an arm loosely around her waist. "You still going to see Danielle?" he asked her, still wondering about the specifics of that situation. He supposed he'd be kept wondering. He still kind of wanted to talk to her before he left, to set things straight, or whatever. But he didn't want her pissed at him. He sighed lightly and tried to relax again.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 2:09 am

"Maybe sometime tonight after dinner, she said something about getting her shoulder fixed by a Apollo kid." Salone said, putting the guitar away before resting her head on Riley's shoulder. "That can take a few hours or so."
The past twenty four hours had been so exhausting and now the jet-lag was starting to catch up to them. The fatigue started to settle in almost as soon as Salone got comfortable. She mentally poked herself so she could carry on the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)
Page 17 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next