Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Character!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My First Character! Empty
PostSubject: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:05 pm

Character Name: Hale Drem

Description: Hale has light, golden blond hair. It's cut short, and cropped. His hair occasionally grows long and shaggy, and he doesn't get around to getting it cut a lot. When it is long, you will find he has trouble
consternating and is often antsy, but when it's cut short he is often
calm and peppy.

His eyes are brown, which are the color of his mom's eyes. No one is quite sure why he got his mom's eye color instead of his dad's, since the god's genes normally overpower the mortals, but he did. Hale believes it is because his mom is strong, and meant to help do great things.

His skin is tan, but only when he's in the sun, otherwise it's pale. It is very similar to the Apollo cabin, which turns golden when hit by sunlight. He almost always has a smile on his face, which lights up the room, and his eyebrows are arched. He kind of has a weaselly, surfer look to him, and his aura is calm and sturdy. Hale, being rather short and skinny, is only 4'4" in height, and weighs 89 pounds. He is extremely small for his age, but that doesn't keep him from training, making him averagely strong for his age, but stronger for his size.

His Camp Half-Blood shirt is tight to his chest, which makes him look stronger than he really his. He only wears Nike running shoes, and black gym shorts. He has a yin-yang sun necklace and a backpack which he wears often, but not always. The rest of the time, it's either laying on his bed, on his floor, or in his hand as a bow.

God and mortal parent: Apollo/Hale's mother's name was Hailey Drem.

Powers**: He can control light and heal, as well as he can't tell a lie.

He can't heal extremely well, but he simply tells himself it's because he's young. He has always been determined to learn, and he spends a lot of time in the infirmary, looking at his siblings healing examples. He has been able to copy them pretty well, so he's more gifted now, but he hasn't always been as good as he is now. He can heal sicknesses, but he can't heal scrapes and bruises. He cannot heal anything deadly, but he could heal minor sicknesses such as the flue.

As for his light power, Hale uses his mind to bend light, but sometimes he moves his hands around to add a fun effect. It makes him feel more like he's moving the light than when he just looks at it. His light power doesn't exactly do anything, but it can burn a hole in things, like light will. If he focuses hard enough, the light will grow into a something like a spotlight. The light he controls is just light, so it doesn't do anything powerful, but he can make light, as well. This helps him light dark spaces.

When Hale is asked a question, he must answer truthfully. This is because his father, Apollo, is the god of truth, and Hale always speaks the truth. This is both a power and a flaw, as Hale can know things he actually doesn't know. (Meaning, if he was asked a question he didn't know the answer to, he would still be forced to answer the truth. He would have to come up with the answer.)

Flaws***: ~If he simply hits someone's foot with an arrow, he'll get so cocky he'll let his guard down, and even get lazy.
~He is claustrophobic, and hates to be inside, which has something to do with his dad being Apollo.
~Hale hates the dark, and only feels safe with light, but it's okay because he can control light. This can also be traced back to his dad. He often reminds himself that is dad is Apollo for comfort, because Hale feels Apollo is the greatest god, and one that would never back down.

Pets: Hale has a puppy named Truckee, who is a male black lab.

Weapon****: His bow and arrows are all he needs. His bow turns into a backpack, and his arrows turn into an iPod.

Talents/Skills: He can take more ambrosia and nectar then most demigods, which he considers a talent, but still can't take in very much. Everyone knows you explode when you take in too much.

Something most people don't know about Hale is that he is a good snowboarder. He loves the snow and his old home used to be in the mountains where there was year round snow. He shreds like professionals, and doesn't wait for anyone on the slopes

Hale is a gifted musician, but is better with drums, a piano, and a guitar. While his voice won't make you cover your ears, he didn't get the Apollo singing voice, so he prefers to play his instruments.

RP Example*:
Hale waited patiently at the stables for his girlfriend, Anne, who had
agreed to come on a date with him. The boy had come early to get the
horses ready, and he picked the two strongest looking rides, and chosen
the black one for himself. That gave Anne the slightly neglected, but
still strong, looking brown horse. Hale hadn't payed much attention to
the animals, but he did know they followed him and obeyed him without
hesitation. Happily, Hale's ride neighed, and Hale pet the horse's head.

As they got ready, Hale heard a noise, like someone walking up. It had to be Anne! Who else would come to the Stables so quietly? Turning around, Hale grinned dumbly. "Hey!" Hale shouted happily, smiling ever-so-sweetly. Anne's horse stepped forward, and Hale's stood close to him.

Biography*: Hale was born in San Fransisco, but his mom moved him immediately. Hale had no problem with this and found it completely normal that a single mother would want to move away from her past and start anew.

When his sister, Toni, was born he rejoiced, glad there was another member of his family. Toni was soon joined by Tyson, and Hale saw that his family was complete. The only problem was, all three children were demigods. Tyson was even a son of Hermes.

Hera was angry, angry at Hailey, and hit her where it hurts, her children. Hale and Toni teamed up when protecting the house from Hera, but Tyson was too young to survive a blow from a goddess. He died and Hale was hit on the head with a piece of roof.

What did he forget? That he had a sister who he loved, and that his mom knew about mythology. Other than that, the Hera incident only took him to camp a few years later. He was dragged away by a satyr and taken to Camp Half-Blood's safety. He tried to run away a few times, but he did end up in camp.

At camp he met Leo, a son of Triton, and that boosted up his spirits. Soon he befriended some of his siblings, first Alex, then Katie, then Seth, and then just about everyone else, but then he started hanging out with others. He met Roxanne Michaels, tragedy brought them together. The war changed them, and soon Hale and Zan were on an acquaintance basis (they're still working on "friendship").

When Zan died, Hale went into an emotional frenzy. He thought about suicide before Zan's cousin Julia got in the way. Hale was back on track, and handled finding out that Taylor was Zan with flying colors. He didn't take that his mother died so well though, Alex Dashwood or Toni Drem could tell you that!

Notes: Hale tries to run away, but he isn't quiet, so he always gets caught. He owns a cellphone that know one knows about, but hardly uses it.

Last edited by Allison on 6/25/2011, 3:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:06 pm

how tall is he
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:17 pm

Honestly, trick shooting isn't a power, it's a skill.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "can control light". does he use his hands to do it, his mind? Can he make it bright in a dark room?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:18 pm

I'll edit again.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:31 pm

I'm not quite sure about the dreams thing...but hold on, im not sure if there's a rule against it on this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:34 pm

Mmkay!
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:34 pm

Characters aren't allowed to see the future.
Children of the big three aren't allowed (relating to the bio).
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:37 pm

That character isn't mine, she was just a friend of my character, but she died in battle. She's dead, and isn't my character.

As for the future thing, I'll go change it to another power.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:40 pm

I'm still not sure if it would be allowed (about having the big three kids in your bio.) I don't think it is, but wait for Kendall to comment on it before changing it.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 7:41 pm

-No, that's fine, I just changed it! It wasn't a big deal to me.-
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 1:37 pm

Well, I don't think we'd allow a child of Zeus even in bio.... You could say he acted like a child of Zeus, though (if they even knew the characteristics of such a demigod).

So far, what is the worst wound he is able to heal, and the most powerful thing he can do with light?
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodmania.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 3:39 pm

There.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 11:16 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodmania.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Character!   My First Character! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Character!
Page 1 of 1