Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Detroit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/14/2014, 7:58 pm

Lou Hiatt

"Well, I am a killjoy from Detroit. I drink from a well of rage. I feed off the weakness with all my love"
There was something about Detroit that really got to him. In a bad way. He hated it here, couldn't stand it. It was.. Boring. Now, sure everyone else would say, "But there's so much to do!" Yeah, not when you've lived there for nineteen years. And living there for nineteen years, in a shithole. 
Let's zoom out a little bit. We see a boy, of age nineteen. Duh. He's wearing a white tshirt under an unbuttoned black dress shirt. He wore sort of tight black jeans, along with worn out green high-top Converse. He had spiky hair dyed black, and a bored expression on his face. The streets were crowded today, because of some event Lou probably didn't care about. But he walked with the crowd, noticing their baseball hats and T-Shirts. He smiled to himself. He loved stealing from smelly fat pigs. There lots at these baseball games, and oh yeah, Lou was going to have a fun night. 
Just to warm up, he crossed the street smack-dab in the middle, not caring if he got ran over, and definitely not caring about the multitude of cars honking at him. He walked behind a tall Hispanic man with his hands in his pockets. He pants were drooping slightly, and Lou smiled. With speed unique to a true thief, he swiped the pack of cigarettes from his back pocket. It was risky stealing in such a crowded street, but he lived for that thrill. He slipped the pack into his pocket and turned the corner towards the stadium he saw every day. It towered over the crowd, and Lou was getting restless. He needed the thrill, he craved it. The last time he stole in such a crowd was three weeks ago, during a Panic! At The Disco concert. He watched them, of course, but nobody told him he couldn't steal at the same time. 
As they approached the stadium, the crowd started to dissipate as they all went to their respective entrances. Now was his chance. He walked towards a skinny blonde girl with her wallet in her front pocket, sticking out like a sore. He grabbed her small wrist and her waist, and kissed her, placing her wallet in his pocket. He let her go and winked at her, walking off. She screamed after him, but even if she came after him, he'd be too fast for her. Thanks, Daddy. 
He looked around the crowds, satisfied for now. He saw several satyrs in the lines, and he scowled. So other kids were worthy of being taken to camp, but not him. Again, thanks, Daddy. Maybe it's cause Lou's a piece of shit. He laughed. Yeah. He settled upon the stadium wall, and began looking through the girl's glittering pink wallet. An ID (her name was Stacy.), a card, and fifty bucks. He took the cash and dropped the rest of it on the floor. He was too lazy to steal her identity. Plus, he doubted she had much on there, anyways. He wished the people would move faster, he wanted to smoke.  
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/14/2014, 8:27 pm

Stirling exited the baseball stadium known as Comerica Park earlier then the rest of his fellow Detroit Tigers supporters and tonight's opponents the New York Yankees which was the one game he always made sure he would see each year even though it would only be the one of the four games, as he would always look up the other game scores on ESPEN on his phone or just listen to it through the radio...also on his phone. He walked past the line to get into the stadium which he was surprised to see at this point being half way through the game, he always because when he was there at the games he was always able to predict who would win the game at the fourth inning by looking at the players and had usually never guessed wrong apart from the time one game got cancelled but leaving the game earlier meant he could avoid the traffic afterwards and catch an earlier taxi home to Ann Arbour.
Though he didn't look it seeing how his natural facial being cold hearted and rather fierce looking Stirling was in rather high sprits he predicted that the Tigers would win this game and on his way out by a sudden gust from a wind from the south that blew a home run ball in his direction he was able to catch it which to him was just as lucky as finding a pile of hundred dollar bill on the side of the street. He walked past the line he was tossing the ball up in the air and catching it again with a single hand while the other one picked what playlist on his phone to play to he could drown out the noise of those around him so he could hopefully enjoy the walk to the taxi depot in peace..
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/16/2014, 3:46 am

Lou Hiatt

"Well, I am a killjoy from Detroit. I drink from a well of rage. I feed off the weakness with all my love"
Moving to a more secluded spot on the wall and away from the pink wallet, Lou pulled the stolen cigarettes from his back pocket. The brand was Camel and the box was the blue. To Lou's disappointment, the box was half empty. Quickly the sick feeling of dissatisfaction replaced the high of theft, a feeling that made him turn his lips down and his fingers twitch. The theft was dangerous, but the reapings he sowed were less than expected. A mere fifty bucks and half a pack of cigs. His hands clenched into fists, and he squeezed his eyes tight. Out of his front pocket he pulled his lighter out and opened his eyes to light the cigarette  between his lips. Almost immediately his fists loosened. He let himself slide down the wall, closing his eyes in relief.  
The crowd was reduced to a few people standing outside in the darkening evening. Well, a few people and a satyr. Lou watched him for a short while, looking for a pattern in his movements. He almost imagined the satyr coming towards him, introducing himself, telling Lou everything was going to be okay.. Then he took another long drag. No, the satyr was following another kid, who was walking towards the taxi depot. He wasn't surprised, there were quite a few demigods in Detroit and surrounding areas. No, he wasn't surprised. Just bitter.
Lou contemplated going over and sabotaging the damn satyr's heist. That would be fun, seeing his face panic for a moment, and Lou knowing he would take the goat down in seconds. But gods, he was tired. He wasn't running on much sleep, and he was sick of all these goddamn f*cking satyrs running around, ignoring him. He was sick of being bitter, but he wasn't going to stop any time soon. Oh no sir, not in a million years.
Lou finished off the cigarette and put it out on his thigh, burning another hole into his jeans. He stood and began slowly walking towards the boy. He was going to have fun tonight.

Last edited by Carrie Beary on 8/25/2014, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/18/2014, 9:30 pm

Stirling walked along at a rather rapid pace which after a few minutes may have became slower subconsciously walking to the beat as he listened to his playlist which consisted of a mix of albums from the Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boys, Egypt Central, Linken Park, Bon Jovi, Falling in Reverse, Rise Against and Queen which was pretty much his entire music collection. He walked not making eye contact with any one as he walked by having to pass one of the "bad" parts of Detroit to get to the taxi and after about a half an hours walking past people drinking getting drunk on the side of the streets and a few women offering services for a price approached him only to get ignored and bumped into if they stood to close to him he found that his phone ran out of battery leaving him without music that drowned out the noises of the world around and all the stupid things people said as the sounds of drunk slander, swearing and alarms go off filled his ears as he turned the corner. Then those sounds began to drown out being on a quite street where a guy tried and failed to mug him once when he heard something odd which sounded like a horse trotting if it had two legs along with another set of normal footsteps which he could barely hear both sounds coming behind him, he kept walking and as they passed a traffic mirror he could see in the distorted reflextion that their was a weird person that looked like they were wearing fuzzy pants stalking him and behind that guy there was another guy with black hair.
Stirling sighed loudly clearly showing he was annoyed as he turned around to face the guy who was following him by spinning on his heels "Okay if you're going to mug me can we make this quick because I have a taxi I need to catch." He said to the guy who looked like they were wearing furry brown pants with his natural facial expression which made him look cold hearted and fierce which his faintly glowing eyes only added to making him look unintentionally hostile enough to even stop a wolf in it's tracks "Also you may want to know its not the smartest idea to try and mug some one when it seems you got a mugger following you too." Stirling explained gesturing to the guy behind the one he was facing.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 12:04 am

Lou Hiatt

Lou decided that this satyr was the dumbest fricking satyr he had ever seen in this city. First of all, the guy had his furry little legs out, hooves and all in a crowded area. If there were a monster, he'd be dinner. And the mortals who could see through the mist? Sure, weird things happened in Detroit, but hooves? Simply amazing. His hooves clopped and rang loud on the broken cement. Lou was able to make his footsteps quieter, due to his wonderful power.
The three of them began walking into his part of the city, so of course he was familiar with it. It was loud, dirty, and crowded, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Tonight, he didn't see any familiar faces, they were a bit away from his frequent hiding spot. He saw people of all sorts in the dim orange light of the city. The street was filled with smoke, and he was definitely contributing. He turned his eyes back to his Converse, keeping his head down and the hoodie on his head.
They turned the corner to a quiet street and Lou let his steps make sound again. The kid spun and said something about mugging. Lou leaned on the nearby wall and took a long drag from his cigarette. He blew out and let out a short laugh, loud and condescending. The goat turned too, unaware of the punk behind him. Damn, he really was stupid! "I'm not a mugger, kid," he said, walking towards the satyr. "I steal," he held up a canteen of nectar. "With class." He smirked and opened it. "I know this could kill me, but. It smells so good." He took a long whiff of the bottle. It smelled like Angel cake. Ironic. "What's it taste like to you, goat boy? Spinach?"
He crossed the sidewalk to the boy and put his arm around his shoulders. He held the canteen up to his nose. "Ever had a good whiskey? It's the same. Try it, it tastes like candy." He locked eyes with the satyr and grinned, keeping back a giddy giggle.

Last edited by Carrie Beary on 8/25/2014, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 10:00 pm

"I'm not a mugger, kid," The boy said leaving him thinking 'I am probably older then you pal.' as the boy walked over the guy with furry pants "I steal,"  continued speaking as he held up a canteen "With class." "...but you're still a thief regardless..." Stirling said as he watched the guy smirking as he opened it. "I know this could kill me, but. It smells so good." He took a long whiff of the bottle before addressing the person with furry pants "What's it taste like to you, goat boy? Spinach?" Stirling watched as the boy crossed the sidewalk to the boy and put his arm around his shoulders putting the canteen he had opened up to his nose while saying  "Ever had a good whiskey? It's the same. Try it, it tastes like candy." Stirling took a deep breath as he pushed the canteen away from him and the boy's arm off his shoulder now realising that it had smelt like hot apple cider with a ton of cinnamon. "...sorry but I know better then to accept 'candy' from people who I don't know..." He said to the boy who had now locked eyes with the person in furry pants grinning keeping back a giddy giggle "...if that's all you two want then if you don't mind I'll be going...I need to get to the taxi depot before it closes."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 10:49 pm

Lou Hiatt

"Oh, no, mister," Lou said, letting the laugh out. "You know what, you have a better chance of going home with me around. This guy," he pointed a dirty fingernail towards  the satyr, "He wants to take you somewhere. Somewhere far." He nodded, curling his mouth into a condescending smile. "New York, New York," he swirled the canteen in his hand. "'You'll be safe there, no monsters, a nice safe place to control powers and blah blah blah.' It's bullshit." The satyr looked offended, but Lou kept going. "You don't want to be there, kid, trust me."
Right as he said that, from out of the shadows came a towering hellhound, its snout three feet above Lou's spiky head. Its shadow blocked out the streetlight glow, its roar painfully loud. The satyr prepared to fight with a knife and.. pipes? Yes, let's put the f*cker to sleep. Lou turned and looked the hound in the eye, returning its roar with a laugh. He pulled his celestial bronze dagger from his belt, twirling it in his hand. What to do, what to do..

Last edited by Carrie Beary on 8/25/2014, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 11:52 pm

"Oh, no, mister," The boy said, letting the laugh out "You know what, you have a better chance of going home with me around. This guy," he pointed a dirty fingernail towards the guy wearing fuzzy trousers "He wants to take you somewhere. Somewhere far." The nodded nodded to himself curling his mouth into a condescending smile. "New York, New York," he said as Stirling watched him as he swirled the canteen in his hand. "'You'll be safe there, no monsters, a nice safe place to control powers and blah blah blah.' It's bullshit." He noticed the other person seemed offended and was about to speak up but the boy kept talking. "You don't want to be there, kid, trust me."
"You're right..." Stirling said with no emotion in his words "I don't want to be there or with you for a fact of the matter what really want and need is to get to the taxi depot before it closes so I don't have to take a bus to Ann Arbour! Also are you high, why would I need to worry about something that doesn't exist such as monsters?" 
Right as he said that, from out of the shadows came a towering a giant black dog its snout three feet above the boy's spiky head and it's shadow blocked out the streetlight glow, its roar painfully loud. "What the hell is that thing?" Stirling said thinking aloud backing up slightly being a little freaked out a giant black dog appeared out of nowhere, he then saw that the person in fuzzy leg wear prepared to fight with a knife he pulled out and... Reed pipes? "What are you going to do with those put it to sleep?!?!" Stirling commented still thinking allowed being freaked out though he didn't sound every freaked out or surprised. The boy looked the hound in the eye, returning its roar while laughing while he pulled out bronze dagger from his belt, twirling it in his hand. Stirling tired to make a run for it but his body was frozen in fear, the giant dog charged forward only to get pounced on by what looked like a wolf that looked like it was made from its own personal lightning storm and was almost of the same size as the giant black dog being only a few feet shorter, Stirling for some reason felt like he had seen the giant storm wolf before as it began to fight the giant black dog.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/25/2014, 9:48 pm

Lou Hiatt

Lou Hiatt, the courageous, unfearing, confident son of Hermes, screamed. Yes, he let out a long, loud, scream. It's not that he was scared, no, he saw monsters all the time. He wasn't afraid of monsters. He was just afraid of getting squashed between two giant dogs fighting. That was all. And he nearly was squashed. He turned and ran back towards the empty street, pointing his dagger at the dogs. He yelled, "What the f*ck are those things?!"
The satyr looked frozen in place, the reed pipes up to his mouth, but no sound was coming from them. He ran over and punched him in the arm, breaking him out of whatever trance he was in. Lou looked back towards the dogs, seeing now that the second dog looked like a cloud, kind of. A very solid sort of cloud. That was something he hadn't seen before. He had seen wind spirits, which he didn't know the name of, something Roman. That was all he knew. But a dog? Never in his miserable life.
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime8/25/2014, 10:29 pm

The storm wolf fought with the giant black each of the them trying to bite at the other's neck, causing them to circle each other barking and growling at each other though the wolf's bark sounded more like a bark mixed with the sound of thunder. The two began went on their hind legs and began to push the other to the ground using their paws, the black dog being the larger of the two managed to pin the storm wolf to the ground only to find it turning into storm clouds and reforming next to it leaping for it's neck only to be head butted by the black dog knocking back into a parked car crushing it.
Stirling watched in awe as he saw the two giant dogs fight, his body was frozen by fear but when the wolf was head butted into a car and the big black dog turned his attention back to them his body entered fight or flight and he could already tell he was going to regret his actions as he found his body throwing the baseball he had caught that night sending it shooting through the air making a sharp whistling sound followed by a rather loud thud as it hit the black dog's nose stunning it. He then found himself grabbing what seemed to be what was once a metre long pipe used for something at one stage of life, holding it as if he was holding a sword he ran towards the black dog.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime9/1/2014, 12:40 am

Lou Hiatt

Lou stood back in the empty street, knife still up in front of him. He watched the dogs fight for a while, stunned. When the hellhound turned back to the boys, he snapped out of it, taking a true fighting stance, bouncing on the balls of his feet. Then a baseball flew towards the dog and bounced off its nose. He saw the kid running towards the hellhound with a metal pipe, holding it like a sword.
Lou smirked and stepped back, letting him run. He looked at the satyr that looked panicked, and began running towards the boy. Lou smiled, letting the actions take place. He bit the tip of his blade, keeping in a giggle. He was tempted to sit down and enjoy the show, but he knew the situation could change in an instant.
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime9/1/2014, 8:32 pm

Stirling dashed at the temporarily stunned giant black dog, wielding a metre long pole as if it was sword. He arrived at the giant dog just as it was shaking it's head coming out of it's daze that the baseball had put it in after hitting its nose while it shook its head as if it was drenched in water, Stirling twirled the pole by using his wrist making it a whooshing sound that was louder then it should have as it sounded like a howling wind which he didn't take notice of as he slammed the pole into it's front right leg which upon impact caused a burst of wind from which tripped up the black dog sending crashing I to the ground muzzle first and as it began to stand up again Stirling closed in and repeatedly struck the giant dogs nose about five times in total before realising the pole was now bent and dented all over apart from the part he was holding. The giant black dog on the other hand was whimpering after being struck on the nose repeatedly so many times with the gust of wind after each one. As Stirling loomed over the black dog the storm wolf slowly walked over to Stirling's side growling as sparks flew from its body.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime9/8/2014, 4:37 am

Lou watched the boy attack the hound relentlessly, standing in a stunned silence. Those winds were not normal. Okay, so the kid was the son of a wind god. Lou was fairly grateful for that, because even though he totally could have taken the hell hound, that storm dog was fierce. And like, how do you kill a cloud?
The dog moved closer to the boy, seeming surprisingly comfortable, and, duh wind god. Idiot. He looked over at the satyr, who was smiling the smallest bit.
But the two of them knew the battle wasnt over. The hell hound was merely stalled. Lou hesitated, wondering if he should go over and kill it, but the kihad come so far. He remembered his first monster. It was the reason for the scar on his jaw. Good times. He was broken and bleeding by the end of it, but the feeling of victory was great. All that adrenaline pumping in his veins.. Also he got a sweet hydra scale. So yeah, Lou's giving him a chance.
Back to top Go down
BlueWind

BlueWind

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime9/9/2014, 9:47 pm

Stirling loomed over the giant black dog that whimped I front of him though he wanted to just walk away and leave it be thinking it suffered enough but his gut feeling and voice in the back of his head was telling him to do otherwise and the giant storm wolf which was standing next to him as if he had told it to heel wasn't helping his current mind set. He didn't know if it was his brain playing tricks in him or what not but thinking he could see white foam coming from the black dog's mouth he took the pole and thrusted it I to the black dogs right eye where it stayed. The black dog howled before slamming Stirling into the hood of the car the wolf had crashed into earlier, the black dog dashed over and pounced only to be countered by the storm wolf that pounced on it dropping on it from above pinning it to the ground. It the. Barked and a blot of lightning flew out of the wolf's mouth which was conducted by the poke in the black dog's eye, after a few seconds of unearthly howling the black dog's head dropped to the floor dead before it slowly turned into a golden dust.
This was the last thing Stirling saw before the effect of being slammed into a car rendered him unconscious.

When the hellhound had returned to tart yeas all that remained was a large pelt of its fur which was as dark as the shadows being pitch black in color and gave off a slight chill that ran down people on the other side of the fur's side. The storm wolf began to shrink until it was the size if a fully grow Irish wolfhound before it walked over to where the hellhound once was and picked it up before carrying over Stirling and placed it on Stirling's lap before it laid down beside him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit   Detroit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detroit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Special Places :: Special Places-
Jump to: