Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patched up, yet again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

Patched up, yet again Empty
PostSubject: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:04 pm

It was the dead of night in the bearing strait and it was raining, a massive downpour that would soak a man to the bone and the sea tossed and turned. These went unnoticed by people there that night and a massive screech rent the air as a giant sea monster, a Scylla, rose out of the depths and bore down on the metal behemoth that dared to stand against it.

"Contact inbound. Fast!"

"It's too close! We can't hit it!"

"Kira!"

"varianto, TEI!"

*zzzzZZZZZ-TCHEEEN* *Crack-BOOM!*

A 60mm rotating scramjet fired at mach 5 from a railgun shot across the distance and blasted a good deal of the Scylla's left side into bloody chunks as it transferred it's terrible kinetic energies into the monster. The beast screamed as it thrashed in agony and sunk slowly into the water, only to be placed by two more monsters, seemingly another Scylla and a Kraken, and a swarm of flying beasts with black leathery wings flew out of the mist.

"It's no good! There's too many of them!"

"CIWS! fire as they bear!"

"Engaging!"

*Bzzzzzt* *Bzzzzzt*

"Etrius-san! We can't stay here! There's too many of them, my guns are shot out!"

"Just hold on! We need to wait for Capstone to get here! We'll be alright!"

"I hope youYamada! Sea Sparrow! Hassha!"

Two steaks of smoke and flame lifted high into the air and then shot towards the cloud of fliers. The Sea sparrows entered the midst of the monster horde and exploded, throwing fragmented metal around and shredding monsters. They fell in droves.

"Forward cannon! Fire on the Kraken!"

"Locked on!" 

"Fire!"

"Oh my god! TYPHON! ENEMY KING IS HERE!"

A giant figure loomed overhead, no more than a sillouete at this distance but it was enough to tell it was massive, at least two hundred meters tall. A long neck lifted up from the water and let out a roar that rent the heavens.

"That can't be! Kira! Get out of here!"

"I'm trying! Something's fouling up the rudder."

"Weapons, fire everything! Navigation! Turn us around!"

"Sledgehammer! TEI! Wombato! TEI!"

Missiles rose up and shot forward into the darkness. The explosions from the missiles impacting made fireballs that temporarily illuminated the monster but there was no effect. The hide was just too thick. The neck shot forward and a ball of what seemed to be compressed air shot forward. It was on a collision course for the larger ship.

The ball slammed into the Akarikaze Destroyer Kamikage. The ship exploded in a brilliant fireball.

"KIRA! NOOOO! YOU B*TCH! I'LL KILL YOU!"

And Etrius shot up, eyes wide. He stared frantically around at the calm beach where he had fallen asleep. He had gotten shot, again, and had been sent back to Camp Half blood to heal up, and he had gone to the beach in hopes of catching sight of Danni again, but she seemed to have work. Soft waves lapped at the shore and the rock that he had fallen asleep on.

He took a few deep breaths to calm himself. It had been a year since the Bearing Strait incident and Captain Kira was dead. There was no changing that. He used his hand to straighten out his hair awkwardly.

"Man. I need to ask Loyd for some sleeping pills." He mumbled to himself, scanning the beach for any other people he could talk to.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:11 pm

You never know until you try.

Lilian sat in a tree edging the beach. The sun was shining, warming her legs. It was nice, but Lilian was alone. She was a people person. She liked having a lot of people around her, but of course all of her friends were out with boyfriends or they wer practicing whatever. Weirdos. They didn't take the time to hang out with friends in such a nice day. Shameful, almost. Lilian wore a pink sundress that went just to her knees, made out of lace with a silk inside. She also had perfectly white sandals and her hair in a simple braid to the side of her head.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:31 pm

Etrius looked over to the side and found a girl sitting in the shade of the trees. A person, perfect, just who he would need to take his mind off of things. He pulled himself to his feet, stumbling slightly as the pain in his abdomen caused him to temporarily lose balance. Apparently for once, he hadn't been shot in the right shoulder, not that it was any comfort but at least he could use both arms.

He checked that the bandages around the wound were in order and that he hadn't reopened anything before he dusted himself off. He wasn't wearing a t-shirt, his last clean one had been blown up when his target detonated a fuel air bomb in a last ditch escape attempt. Thankfully, he did not run out of Etrius Type-2 Black Styling Flack Jackets (tm) and he was wearing on. It was open so as not to disturb his wrappings and he wore a pair of faded jeans.

The aching was annoying, but he could get over it.
Hand crossbow: check
presentability: check
Cell phone: check
Condom . . . [dear Etrius. always be prepared eh? Loyd.] Thrown into the surf. Check.
Retaliatory text: sent
Alright, good to go.

He started walking over to the treeline towards the tree with the person in it.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:41 pm

Lilian looked down and saw a person. She recognized him but he seemed different somehow. As he got closer, she climbed down two branches. "Hello there." She said, smiling briightly. "Fancy seeing you here again." She said, and, while still holding onto the branch with her other arm, put her hand out.  

Last edited by Princess Fluttershy on 5/15/2014, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:48 pm

"Oh, fancy that" Etrius remarked as he walked up to the tree. He reached up and clasped the hand offered to him with an amused expression.
"So what have you been doing lately? Do anything interesting or are you just hanging around?" He asked cheekily.
He remembered this kid, she was the one who had confronted him on the beach a month ago. It didn't look like she had changed one bit.

That was good.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:53 pm

Grinning mischievously, Lilian let go of the branch and came down to the ground, landing softly on her feet. "Oh, you know, just hanging around. Thinking about going somewhere to see how the monkeys do it." She said and stuck her tongue out at him. She put her hands on her hips and pursed her lips in a sassy fashion. "Sit on any more rocks lately?" She asked and shifted her weight to one side in a way that only girls can do correctly.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 5:57 pm

Etrius recoiled as if he had been struck and put a comically offended expression on his face. He gasped and put his hand over his heart. "Who me? Sit on rocks? Why I would never." He broke down chuckling.
"I have been lying down on them. there's a difference you know." He looked around a bit and grunted a bit.
"So how come you aren't with any of the other kids. I'm sure they'd be more interesting than a grumpy old war vet like me."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 6:01 pm

"Oh well, why wasn't I told that you were laying on rocks?" She said and giggled. "Well why doesn't Mr. Grumpy Old War Vet hang our with people HIS age, huh? As long as we're being specific!" She said and laughed before poking him right in the middle of his forehead.

Last edited by Princess Fluttershy on 5/11/2014, 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 7:41 pm

Etrius chuckled slightly at the thought of a small child impudently scolding him.
"Oh, because this grumpy old war vet tends to draw attention, lots of attention, usually of the bad kind. It annoys my friends sometimes. That's why I lie down on rocks. They don't mind." He responded with a smirk. Then adopted a thoughtful expression and then shivered his face morphing into an expression of horror.
"Well . . . usually." He amended.
Not even an inanimate object should ever be subjected to something like that. It was just to inhumane.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 11:03 pm

"Well, I for one am really craving somethinggggggggggggggggggg-" She said, dragging out the last syllable before she pulled two Twix bars out of her pocket. "Candy." She whispered, grinning and staring into his eyes in a way that was like feeding someone joy.

Last edited by Princess Fluttershy on 5/11/2014, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/11/2014, 6:20 pm

Her statement of craving something while thinking along the lines of traumatic things temporarily caused Etrius to flash back to that one incident when Annie had gotten fed up with Sage's constant womanizing and had decided to do something about it. Said incident had involved three chopsticks, a chainsaw, and 23,000+ dollars in clean up operations. Let it be known that immediately after getting out of the hospital, Sage became the picture of gentlemanly conduct, at least when Annie was within 2 kilometers. The soldier briefly shivered in horror at the memories before he automatically repressed them again.
"Please don't say craving like that." He whimpered a little. "I have very bad memories associated with that."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/11/2014, 10:42 pm

In a second Lilian dropped the Twix and her smile faded instantly. "Alright, then." She said, and started skipping in circles around him. "Does Mr. Grumpy Old War Vet wanna go swimming?"

Last edited by Princess Fluttershy on 5/14/2014, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/14/2014, 12:57 pm

Etrius smiled slightly.
"Well, Mr. Old Grumpy War Vet probably would go swimming if it weren't for the stitches in his stomach. It's the reason why I'm here you know." He said matter-of-factly as he pointed towards the bandages around his stomach. A rifle bullet had torn into his side during the last mission and he probably would have bled out if not for Loyd's suspicious amount of organ grafts and the minor regenerative properties that the grafts had.
"Maybe when I'm a not wounded grumpy war vet then maybe I'll go swimming but if I do it now, the doc would probably lock me up or something."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/14/2014, 6:43 pm

Lillian stopped skipping in front of him and put her hands on her hips. "Well, I don't know about Mr. Grumpy Old Wounded War Vet but I wanna play hide and seek. You count, and I'll hide." She said, flashed a grin, before taking off like a bullet into the woods.

Where to hide... She thought silently, before she saw a hude tree with odd roots that came out of the ground. Lilian grinned and grouched down, placing her feet into the space that the roots created and tried to make herself as small as possible before she became silent.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/15/2014, 7:37 pm

"You derned whippersnappers!" Yelled Etrius in a stereotypical old man-ish voice as Lillian took off into the woods. "One! . . . Two! . . ."
He counted up, all the way till he got to 30.
"Alrighty youngster! I'm gonna getcha!" He called out, and then began searching, his senses stretched out to the max. His tracking skills were actually pretty sharp, refined by almost a year and a half of experience watching for snipers. The ground was soft and though the kid had eventually wised up and started stepping on tree roots to avoid leaving footprints, there was still disturbed foliage.
He followed that.
"Alright you little youngster, you ought to know that you can't beat a grumpy old war vet. Because a war vet is grumpy and old for a reason. Oh yeas."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime5/15/2014, 7:49 pm

Lilian giggled. "Alright then! You hide, I'll find YOU!" She said with a grin and poked him right in the middle of his chest. She twirled around towards the tree, covered her eyes, and started counting. "1...2..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patched up, yet again   Patched up, yet again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patched up, yet again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Half Blood :: The Beach-
Jump to: