Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor Temples

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 12:38 am

Rhiannon liked to visit the Temple Hill. Not the main temples so much (that creepy fellow who'd assigned the Quest hung around Jupiter Optimus Maixmus's temple too often), the many small ones scattered around the hill like so many building blocks cast aside around the main structure. Her favorite was her mother's temple, which was where she was now, standing in front of the tall statue that she'd been told stood there. Made of marble, apparently. The temple was dedicated to a specific aspect of Fortuna, like Jupiter 'Optimus Maximus' or Mars 'Ultor'. Whoever had constructed the temple had chosen Fortuna 'Romana', fortune of Rome.

What was she doing there? Sure, the area was lovely, but there was a crisp breeze slicing through the autumn air and Rhiannon felt cold, even with a sweater on over her camp shirt. If only there was a convenient fire somewhere to warm her up conveniently!
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 12:50 am

Vince had been wandering the temples aimlessly, kicking up dust while walking. He had just finished paying respects to his mother and was now looking to kill time. He loved his mother's little cottage like temple. It was warm and comfortable, and felt like a second home. Too bad there were a bunch of weirdos hanging around it all the time. What were they called again... oh, right. The Vestal Virgins. He was curious as to how a cult like would work in the 21st century, but he shrugged that away. If he ignored that factor, they were pretty all right. Not as great as Rhiannon... He shook his head suddenly and looked around briskly, as if to indicate that he was confused as to where that thought came from. As he continued down the small path, he noted he was fairly close to the Temple of Fortuna. Vince had never really thought about it until now. It was fairly stately, though not as grand as the other temples. He figured he might pay a visit and started walking over quietly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 12:53 am

Rhiannon figured she should head back to her barracks, else she might catch a cold. She gave the statue a respectful nod, then headed out of the temple. She turned a corner at the exit and... walked right into someone. Dangit.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 1:00 am

Vince was about to walk into the entrance when Rhiannon ran right into him. He was startled, and fell straight back onto his rear. Vince landed with a thump and an "Ow" slipped out of from his mouth due to him landing on marble. He looked up and was surprised by Rhiannon being there. Vince blushed hard and started to stand back up.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 1:15 am

Oh- oh no, she knocked them over! "I, oops, I'm really sorry," she fretted, turning red with embarrassment. "I didn't mean to- are you okay?" Oh, dear gods, she hoped that this person wouldn't be furious with her. Or, worse, decide to attack! What if they were an assassin waiting outside the temple, planning to jump her? Why would someone want to kill her, though? The 'assassin' wasn't doing a very good job of it though, so that probably wasn't it. Wait, when they had hit the floor, there had been distinct sounds of metal hitting the stone. Either they had a ton of weapons on them, or...
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 1:19 am

"Yeah, I'm fine," Vince said as he slowly stood up. "I get knocked down to the floor on a daily basis," he says with a chuckle and dusts himself off. He was completely red in the face, but he kept his composure. Barely. He stepped back a bit and coughed slightly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 1:52 am

She'd been right, the 'assassin' was probably Vince. "I, uh, sorry again. I didn't exactly envision our next meeting being so..." Awkward? Clumsy? Was it lucky or unlucky? "... uh, well, like this." Yeah, great one. Smooth.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 1:56 am

"Uh... yeah.." Vince said slightly with an awkward tone. He grasped at something to say, and sighed. "So, how was the cake?" he asked, finally finding something to actually talk about. He fidgeted slightly and looked around. He felt a slightly ominous presence around here. Maybe it was just his imagination..
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 2:03 am

"It was great! I was actually going to bring the pan back to you later, even though you said it was fine," oops, she was rambling now, wasn't she? "It just didn't feel right to keep it," and it was a good excuse to see you again, "And... yeah... er..."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 2:13 am

"Well, uh... that's good. It's great that you like my cooking," Vince said with an embarrassed smile. "And it's great to see you again..." he said under his breath so that she couldn't hear him. "So... What brings you hear?" he asks awkwardly, even though Vince figured he was the intruder in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 2:19 am

"Just... I like the hill. It's nice. When it isn't cold. And when that one guy isn't aro- I mean, uh," NOO, she'd said it out loud! Rhiannon would look around frantically if she could see, checking to make sure said creeper mccreepston wasn't around. If he heard her saying that... well, it wouldn't be pretty. Luckily, the dude wasn't actually anywhere near.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 2:39 am

"Octavian? He's a bastard," Vince says with a scowl on his face. He didn't like Octavian one bit. He was a bully and an insane d*ck wad. He sighed and tried to shake it off, but Octavian had always unsettled him. "Yeah, I like the hill too. Are you cold?" he asked curiously as a wind blew by.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 10:16 pm

"It's nice. And not r-" Suddenly, a convenient breeze! Rhiannon hugged herself and shivered. "Well, yeah, it's pretty cold. And I'm cold."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 10:36 pm

Vince raised an eyebrow. "Do you want my jacket or a fire or something?" he asked with a slight smile on his face. "I can provide both," Vince says and lets some fiery sparks dance from his fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 10:50 pm

"What if something burns down? And what if you just get cold, then?" Either solution might cause a problem, nevermind the fact that jacket-lending was entirely too cute and romantic and oh, no, she was such a sucker for cutesy romantic things. It was in her nature for her heart to get all fluttery and hopelessly infatuated, and she chided herself for it. She should know better than to get attached to people by now.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 11:01 pm

"There's nothing to burn down here.." Vince said exasperatedly, then shook his head. "Jacket, then?" he asked as another cold wind blew by, this time harsher than before. He scowled at it as it stung his face.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 11:04 pm

"Bu- brrrr, you'll just get cold, then..." Rhiannon really wanted that jacket now, but she was trying not to be selfish here. Even if it would be totally cute and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime9/30/2013, 11:27 pm

Vince smiled and took it off, putting it around her shoulders. "It's fine. I've lived through worse. Besides, you look like you need it," he says and chuckles as Rhiannon shivers like a leaf in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime10/6/2013, 1:38 am

The jacket was nice and warm, and Rhiannon pulled it around herself. She was still mildly cold, but this was much better. "Thank you," she said as she thought about how darn cute this was. If they were an actual couple, it would be even cuter, but... it was sort of early for that. Why was she even thinking about it? It wasn't like she had a giant crush or anything.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime10/6/2013, 2:06 am

Vince laughed. "You're welcome," he says with a warm tone of voice and smiles. Out of habit, he alights his fingertips, not even paying attention to the open flame dancing across his fingers. "I hope it's better than standing out in the cold with just a bare sweatshirt on. Vince was used to the cold, but Rhiannon looked slightly like a human Popsicle.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime10/6/2013, 2:16 am

"Yeah, it is." Should they head somewhere warmer? That was a good idea, though it would afford less time for talking. Maybe some conversation, and then somewhere warm. "So, uh, what are you doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime10/6/2013, 2:23 am

"Visiting my mother's temple. I felt it was a good day for it," Vince said with a slight yawn. "It's a wonderful place. Weird cultists though," Vince said and made a face. He honestly could say that he disliked the virgins hanging around his mother's temple for gods knows what. He rolled his eyes and continued. "I figured I might stop by here. It felt like a good occasion to," Vince said casually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minor Temples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Temples   Minor Temples Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor Temples
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Jupiter :: Temple Hill-
Jump to: