Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vincent's Bunk

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 8:32 pm

Vincent walked in to the barracks and sighed before sitting down on his bunk. The barracks were surprisingly empty for this time of day, but he shrugged it off. Most likely people were eating out or having dinner with the rest of the camp. Vince took inventory of what was on and around his bunk. Spare mechanical parts, scrap paper, a journal from a while back. There was a can of oil on the ground, and his falchion was under his bed, tucked in neatly. He smiled slightly at everything, and waited for Rhiannon to come in.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 8:36 pm

Rhiannon stood in the doorway for a moment, unsure of where to step. She'd never been in the Third Cohort's barracks before, and was afraid she'd run into a bunk or something. After that moment, she carefully followed the direction Vince's footsteps had gone in, making sure to prod the ground carefully with her cane. For some reason, the Third's barracks smelled nicer than the Fourth's. "I'm not running into anything, am I?"
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 8:42 pm

"Oh, sorry, some of my things are laying around, let me pick them up before you run into anything," Vince said and stood up. He picked up the oil and several small mechanical parts that were lying around and put them on the nightstand. He cleaned off his fingers and walked over to Rhiannon. "Sorry about that... not really used to guests," Vince said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 8:52 pm

"That's alright," Rhiannon said. "So, does the Third's barracks have a kitchen in it?" The Fourth's had a minifridge somewhere if she remembered correctly, not that she'd ever been able to find it. Perhaps this barracks was better outfitted. Scratch that, this one was definitely better outfitted, because it was for better people.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 9:59 pm

"Yeah, there's a small kitchen in the back. I generally prefer to cook with my hands though," Vince said as he stretched out his arms. "Oh, sorry. I can generate fire out of my body. Generally my hands though. It's a... perk of being a child of Vesta," he said with a relaxed tone. "You can relax where you want, but I'd suggest my bed or the floor to sit down on. Or the table in the corner if you prefer," Vince says as he starts to walk over to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 10:03 pm

Well, the floor didn't sound too comfortable. So Rhiannon found the edge of Vincent's bed and sat down, laying her cane beside her on the bunk. This was a comfy bed. Much comfier than hers, that was for sure. She had a vague desire to lay down, but that would be really weird. So she sat there and waited.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 10:21 pm

Vince walked into the kitchen and after washing his hands, quickly put together some hors d'oeuvre's using crackers, cheese, smoked salmon, some vegetable spread, and a hint of olive oil. After making about 5, he put them on a plate and went back to his bunk and handed Rhiannon the plate. "Here, an appetizer. Something to keep you from starving," he said and went back to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 10:45 pm

Rhiannon held her hands out for the plate when Vincent came near. She had no idea what was on it. It didn't seem to have a strong aroma. She picked one of the things up -- there seemed to be five, and they seemed to have some sort of cracker to take hold with -- and carefully bit into it. She definitely tasted salmon, and something vegetable-y. It was pretty tasty, actually.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 11:26 pm

Vince went over to the small fridge and took out the salmon that he had been marinating since yesterday and set it on a cutting board, where he cut it into two equal pieces. Vince pulled out a frying pan and pours vegetable oil onto the pan before putting the pieces of salmon onto the pan. He starts cooking using his power over flames. The salmon starts sizzling nicely, and he butters and seasons while cooking, periodically turning off the flames to do so. The scent of cooking salmon fills the air.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 11:28 pm

Rhiannon was eating the last of the yummy salmon-cracker-snacks when she caught the smell of even more salmon. This time, it was tinged with some other flavors that she couldn't quite distinguish. In any case, it smelled delicious. She put the plate down on the bed beside her and clasped her hands in her lap, waiting semi-patiently for more food.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 12:46 am

Vincent hummed as the salmon was cooking. He flipped it over to the other sides when he felt the side he was frying was done. When he flipped over the salmon, he sprinkled the sides that he was previously frying. When he felt that they were sufficiently cooked, he flipped them onto two separate plates and decorated them with thin slices of lemon. He started boiling broccoli as a side on the stove, and turned his attention to making a small side dish. He pulled out some eggs out of the fridge and cracked a couple open into a bowl, where he stirred them up. Vince also took some slices of ham and red bell peppers and mixed them in with the scrambled eggs before frying the whole thing in a separate pan. The broccoli and eggs were coming along nicely after a bit. Vince served the eggs up in two small bowls and had the broccoli along with some lettuce make a nice salad/decoration for the salmon. He pulled some vinaigrette  out of the fridge and lightly covered the vegetables with it. He overall felt satisfied with what he had done. The eggs were light and fluffy, the salmon crisp, and the vegetables well cooked without being too moist or too hard. Vince also took some bread out of the oven and cut it up neatly. He pulled out cream, honey, and butter for the bread, and sighed out a breath of relief of not screwing it up. Vince turned around and walked back over to the bunk. "Dinner's ready, madame," Vince said with a smile and a courteous bow. 
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 12:54 am

It was a bit of a wait for the rest of the food, but if the smell was indicative of how good it would taste, the meal was well worth the wait. Rhiannon held her hands out for a plate, trying not to look overly excited. That would've made her seem lame, probably. She could tell from the way Vincent's voice changed locations -- up, down, up again -- that he'd bowed, which was actually quite endearing. She blushed slightly and with a smile, replied, "Why, thank you, sir."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 12:59 am

Vince went over to the salmon dish and took the plate over to Rhiannon. "Here you go," he says with a smile, and handed the plate courteously to her. "It's a salmon dish. I hope you're all right fish and lemons. There's also an egg side dish and bread with cream and honey," Vince said, standing straight back up.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 10:59 pm

"That sounds very tasty," Rhiannon said with a smile that was tinged with a little sorrow. Her father had used to make bread with cream and honey for snacks all the time before he left. Before he died. It had been a couple of years, but the memory of being read the condolence letter was still a bitter one. She missed the simple days.
Rhiannon managed to find a fork on the plate without too much trouble, pulled a bite-sized piece of salmon off the whole, and stuck it in her mouth. It tasted different that regular salmon, infused with some sort of... something, she wasn't sure what. But it was definitely good. More than good, it was great.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 1:08 am

"Freshly baked and made," Vince hummed and said. He went off the wrap up his own meal for later. When he came back to the bunks, he sat down next to Rhiannon and flopped backwards onto the bed. "So," he said. "how's the salmon? Enjoying it?" He smiled and laughed quietly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 7:29 pm

Rhiannon was in the middle of chewing her food, so it took a few seconds for her to respond. "It's delicious. Thanks for being such a great cook," she smiled, and took another, somewhat larger bite of the yummy fish. She hadn't even started on the side dishes yet, as she tended to eat one thing at a time. Things got all muddled tastewise if you shoveled it all in at once.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 9:46 pm

"No problem," Vince said and smiled as he looked at her. He noted that she really was cute, with her pristine blonde hair and her soft featu- Vince stopped that thought mid-way and shook his head. He looked away quickly with a blush on his face.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 10:01 pm

Rhiannon continued to eat her food in silence until she finished the salmon and moved on to the side dish with the eggs. She tasted broccoli in that, definitely. A lot of people hated broccoli to the ends of the earth, but even they would have to admit that this was pretty darn tasty. Being blind and all, she didn't notice Vince's totally embarrassing blushing, though she did sense that something needed to be said. She wondered if Vince had a girlfriend. What, no, she didn't wonder because of that... maybe. "Do you cook for your girlfriend often?" Yes, that was a sneaky way of asking. Rhiannon felt accomplished in the mysterious ways of subtlety.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 10:14 pm

"Um, no.. I don't have one." Vince said with a slightly embarrassed tone. He shrugged. "I just learned how to cook from... my parents, foster and otherwise," he said calmly. "Besides, I just like cooking anyways."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 10:32 pm

"That's good." Aha, score. No, wait, what? Where did that come from? And... she had sort of meant that it was good that he didn't have a girlfriend, but Rhiannon really hoped that he took it as 'it's good that you like to cook'.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 11:33 pm

"Well uh," Vince started, but stopped. He thought about it for a moment, then said, "Nevermind." He sighed and laughed a bit. "Yeah, I guess it is fun to cook. And good." he said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 12:41 am

"Mm..." Before too long, the egg side dish was consumed. Now all that was left was the cream and honey bread, which would no doubt be delicious as the other menu items. It was just... she'd had enough nostalgia hearing about the stuff, what would happen if she actually ate it? She couldn't not eat it, it sounded too good. And that would be rude. All the same, she hesitated.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 12:56 am

Vince noticed Rhiannon hesitating to eat the bread, but stayed silent, not wanting to bring it up or make her feel bad. He instead quietly hummed a little song he had learned when he was littler. It was a melancholic song, odd to teach to some little kid. Then again, so were children's rhymes, but hey. 
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 3:15 am

Rhiannon decided that conversation was a good way to stall. "What are you humming? It sounds almost familiar..." It sort of sounded like some kind of half-forgotten nursery rhyme, something that you would learn in preschool or maybe from the cradle.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 10:10 pm

"It's just a song when I learned when I was younger," Vince said after he abruptly stopped humming. "It's one of the few I remember from my childhood anyways. The song's a song that was passed down from family member to family member," he explained. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vincent's Bunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vincent's Bunk   Vincent's Bunk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vincent's Bunk
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Jupiter :: The Camp :: The Barracks :: The Third Cohort-
Jump to: