Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ethan's quest

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

ethan's quest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/8/2013, 4:13 pm

Ethan nodded and walked slowly toward the cave in confusion. He hadn't been here before and it scared him to think of the oracle living there. When he got within speaking distance, Ethan raised his voice slightly. Rachel, can I speak with you please? To be honest, the son of Apollo didn't know much about her either but he knew that it was best to be safe and calm around people with power.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/8/2013, 5:49 pm

Mary smiled at Sid. It wasn't her fault she didn't know about Percy Jackson. And Ethan didn't seem like he was going to help much. "I don't know that much about him either, but he's a son of the sea god, and he went on all these quests and survived all of them, and according to my sisters, he's a hottie. But he's apparently missing, or something. I dunno, I don't pay much attention." She basically found out everything from her brothers and sisters, because they gossiped a lot as they all put on mascara in unison. Mostly it was about which Demeter kid was making out with whatshisface from cabin six, but once in a while something interesting came up. She occasionally found herself sharing her own information while braiding hair. It's probably the fumes from the hairspray. Maybe she'd ask her bunkmate to do her hair before going on the quest. That'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/14/2013, 11:17 pm

rachel peeks out of her room. house. cave. thing, whatever. "i don't bite, you know," she calls out to...whoever it is who happens to be outside of her cabin. "you can come in. i could even make tea!"

rachel turns back into her cave, humming softly to herself. she offered tea, might as well put the kettle on. she fills the kettle (electric, of course; she doesn't have a stove and she is not so low as to boil water over an open flame, honestly, what do you think she is, a cavewoman?) up with water and puts it on to boil.

it just then occurs to her that maybe her guests don't like tea. she hasn't checked to see if they followed her back into the cave, but she calls back anyways, "or do you like coffee? i think i have some instant around here somewhere. maybe some cookies. but everything will have to be in mugs, i don't like fancy cups and apollo and i agreed that styrofoam wasn't an option. it takes ages to decompose, did you know? horrible for the environment."

rachel is fully aware that she's talking to herself; none of the demigods seem to care about how long it takes styrofoam to decompose, which is just awful, honestly. rachel prefers the satyrs much more. they care about the environment.

she grabs the milk from her mini fridge and goes off to find the sugar. it's gotta be on one of the shelves, rachel's positive she bought sugar when she arrived from clarion for the summer, and something is telling her that one of the demigods who came to visit her likes sugary tea. (one of the best parts of being the oracle is that she gets these little premonitions about people - it's great for present shopping)
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/14/2013, 11:45 pm

Ethan looked over at Mary and then at Sid before walking into the cave with a shrug. He heard Rachel calling out about something about tea or coffee. Rachel, I'll take some tea with some sugar if you have it. He looked around and then back at Rachel with a sigh before sitting against the wall and wrapping his arms around his knees. Ethan was getting nervous about how this quest would go but then he looked around and noticed that there was no Styrofoam around. He smiled and spoke to Rachel again through his nervousness. I'm glad to see you don't use Styrofoam. It really is hard on the environment when people throw it away.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/18/2013, 1:33 pm

Mary nodded and walked into the the cave. She sat down next to Ethan. "Coffee would be nice, thanks!" She was taking everyone the wrong way today. First, the demi-titan turns out to be a pretty nice person and the oracle isn't really that creepy as she had expected. Of course, they hadn't gotten to actual prophecizing, but Rachel was so cute, no way it could be as scary as some people say it is!
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2013, 2:53 pm

rachel beams at the demigod boy, whoever he is. "i don't get why somebody would use styrofoam. like, why not just use a thermos or something?"

she's fully aware that they're here for a prophecy, but rachel's willing to ignore that for now. it's always weird giving prophecies; it's like she's half there and half not. when she's giving a prophecy, she knows what's going on, she knows what she's saying, but then it's done and rachel can't remember a thing. it's unnerving, honestly.

"oooooh, can i have some tea with like, lots of sugar? lots and lots and lots. and cream," a girl says, and rachel grins at her and gives her a thumbs up. the girl grins back at rachel, bouncing on her toes and rachel likes her already. and the boy. anyone who cares about the environment is immediately moved to the top of her ranks.

"how do you take your coffee?" she asks the daughter of aphrodite (it's kind of obvious from her appearance. which is not to say other demigods don't look pretty, they do, but there's just something about aphrodite kids that's just...different.)

rachel finally finds the sugar and sets it out on the coffee table, along with the milk, before setting the mugs out (with some instant coffee put in the mug for the aphrodite girl), and then finally goes to her tea selection.

"which tea would you like? i've got bubble, english breakfast, irish breakfast, yorkshire, earl grey, chai, almond chai, hazelnut chai, french vanilla chai, sliced apple chai, rose, chamomile, ice wine, darjeeling, black currant, strawberry, strawberry kiwi, apple, raspberry, pomegranate, raspberry pomegranate, mango, orange, orange mango, orange spice, lemon, lemon ginger, dragon fruit, mint, peppermint, mojito cucumber, and chocolate!" she says cheerily (tea is a subject rachel enjoys thoroughly).

the frizzy haired girl starts actually jumping up and down now, not just bouncing on her toes and that's. interesting. rachel may be enthusiastic about tea, but she's not that enthusiastic.

"i want bubble tea!" she says excitedly, and rachel gives her another thumbs up before putting a tea bag for bubble tea in her mug.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2013, 3:01 pm

Ethan frowned at all of the different tea names, since he wasn't real familiar with some of those tastes, but he decided he would go with one he knew and liked. Hm, may I have some dragon fruit tea please and thank you. Ethan tended to get really polite in times like these and he knew very little about how a prophecy would go so the son of Apollo was even more nervous. The son of Apollo looked at Mary and thought about how he had ran into her back at the big house. He really would have to talk to her about that some more and really prove to her he was sorry for what he had done. Maybe that would be worked out on the quest but who knows. Ethan looked back at Rachel and sighed rather bored like and finally spoke again. Actually Rachel, we are here for another reason entirely. Something happened to Apollo, my dad, and we were sent here to get a prophecy from you.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2013, 2:27 pm

Mary elbowed Ethan in the bicep. She didn't want to rush Rachel (and no, it wasn't for the coffee, okay?) or anything, especially because she was being so nice. And maybe she was actually starting to feel a bit anxious about this quest. But she can't back out now, can she? "Uhm, five sugars and three cream? If you could?" Mary said. She didn't really know how that translated into regular measurements, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: 0bda51 fd462c   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/8/2013, 11:11 am

with a sigh, rachel says, "yes, i figured you were."

it's not that she's resentful of the fact that she's the oracle. no, rachel likes the fact that she's got a place here. it's just that nobody seems to come to see her except for when they need a prophecy.

"although, to tell you your prophecy, the other members of the quest must leave. i don't know if that's a thing, honestly, but i've only ever gotten the leaders of the quests," she adds as she pours the hot water into the mugs, adding in the tea bags and coffee.

she puts the sugar and cream in the daughter of aphrodite's coffee, and adds the bubbles and sugar and cream to the easily excited girl's bubble tea.

"i should've put these in to go cups," rachel mutters to herself, searching through the cupboards. she's positive she's got some of those recyclable plastic cups in there somewhere. "aha!" she says, pulling them out and pouring the tea and coffee into them.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2013, 10:33 pm

Ethan sighed and looked at Rachel with frustration in his gaze since he knew what she was feeling, sort of. Most people felt like they wanted to be needed but when that was the only reason people talked to them then they got frustrated and started to get resentful. Rachel, I promise that I will come and talk to you after the quest. Now that I know someone who actually cares about the environment, trust me I will talk to you about less quest-like topics later. Ethan turned to Mary and smiled at her.

Will you and Sid please walk outside so we can do this...whatever this is. Also, will you let me talk to you in private later? The second question he spoke softly so only Mary would hear him as he looked at her with cautious eyes. The boy didn't want to scare her anymore than he may have already done.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 10:04 pm

"We're gonna spend quite some time together, I'm sure you'll be able to talk." Mary smiled. She wasn't sure what he even wanted to talk about, it wasn't like she was angry or anything. In fact, she was ecstatic! She wasn't addicted to coffee or anything, it makes your teeth yellow (not that it mattered to her anyway), but it was great once in a while. Unfortunately, it had an opposite effect on her (and most other demigods), because of her ADHD. But it still tasted magnificent. 

She stood and took the cup from Rachel, grinning widely. "See you soon!" she said cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 2:05 pm

"bye!" the eccentric girl says. "i'll definitely stop by when we get back." then she waves and exits, after the daughter of aphrodite.

rachel sits down. "so, the prophecy. you kind of have to like, ask me about it, or whatever, and then i tell it, apparently," she says. "i don't really know why you have to ask, or what even happens when i give a prophecy, except i usually wake up on the floor. it's kind of inconvenient." she smiles at him, hoping it'll do something to soothe his nerves, or whatever. people tend to get kind of jumpy when receiving their prophecy.

she decides that she likes him; not many people tend to notice things, such as the lack of styrofoam, or even seem to be mildly interested in talking about the environment. like, sure, people care about it and stuff, but nobody is actually willing to get into a conversation about it.

"also, what's your name? i don't think you said," rachel asks, trying not to shake her leg or pull on her hair. she doesn't like sitting still, but apollo had said something about not moving around giving her an 'air of mystery,' or whatever. (she finds it kind of shocking that so many people feel the need to find him terrifying, or whatever. from what she can tell, he's a bit of a dork. then again, he could strike someone dead on the spot, which is kind of terrifying.)
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 4:14 pm

Ethan sighed as he thought about what this quest would be like and how nervous he was already. Slowly he nodded and then smiled at Rachel. She was cute and he was shocked because everyone talked like she would be some scary person. Ethan, son of Apollo. What do I ask...hey Rachel, O scary oracle, what be-eth the prophecy for mine quest? He was nervous and it shone through when he tried to laugh at what had been a joke.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/26/2013, 12:02 am

Mary skipped out of the cave. She kinda wanted to watch, but she knew it was better if she didn't. It wasn't that she was scared easily, but.. She was a coward and didn't want to admit it. She sipped her coffee as she sat down and turned to Sid. "So, like, this is weird. First I was just gonna talk to Mr. D. and now I'm on a quest. I swear only I have this luck. Then again i kinda volunteered, thanks to you," Mary laughed. "But it's okay, i mean, it could be cool. Dangerous, yeah, I mean, a demi-titan and two children of Olympians, it's like we're practically monster hotspots or whatever. How was your day?"
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/18/2013, 11:05 pm

rachel's about to roll her eyes and retort saying, 'i'm not that scary, i just can see into the future and green mist comes out of my mouth or whatever, no big deal,' when her eyes roll back into her head and she falls back onto her couch.

rachel's eyes open, only they are glowing green now. green Mist begins to fill the room as the spirit of the oracle speaks through her.

"The sun's song falls over eye of hawk
Where war displaces it to a single star
The lyre, the mirror, the prophecy will be brought
Unto a battle of two from afar
Between the day and the night where fire ignited
Three to separate, only to find it
Retrieve the melody to give the sun
Only then can the battle be won."

rachel comes back to, coming out of the oracle trance thing. "well, i suppose i just gave the prophecy." she can never really remember what happens when she gives prophecies. it always just leaves this big empty spot in her memory. it's kind of annoying.

sid eloise indigo
sid laughs, says, "man, i was just trying to be, like, super sneaky and stuff, right? like, i was thinking, 'hey! you know what would be fun? seeing what they've got up in the attic!' cause like, people would only go there to get prophecies, but now they've got rachel so nobody goes up there anymore, and nobody would tell me what was up there. and then i go to look, and it's like, woah! quest!"

she grins again, probably looking like a bit of a maniac with her frizzy hair and that weird light she tends to get in her eyes when she smiles. maybe like a younger mrs. frizzle. that'd be cool. mrs. frizzle is cool.
"it's not that i don't feel the pain, it's that i'm not afraid of hurting anymore."
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/24/2013, 8:52 pm

Ethan nearly passed out as he saw the way that Rachel acted, her eyes glowing green and the Oracle of Delphi speaking through her. Then he heard the prophecy being spoken and his mind went clear as he memorized every line of it and thought carefully about it. Eye of hawk, Single star? He had never heard those before but they sounded vaguely familiar, almost as if he heard them in school. Maybe he would talk to Mary and Sid about it later and see what they thought but then again he might not. The prophecy sounded ominous and he didn't like the last line but for some reason is seemed like it was right since a god's item was like holy to them and they could kill for it.

When the prophecy was finished and Rachel sat back up again to look normal, he blinked and grinned, finally not as nervous. I guess that wasn't as bad as people say it is but it certainly did confuse me. Well is there anything else before I go on this quest that could possibly kill me? Ethan hoped that he wouldn't be killed so he could come back and enjoy more time talking to people as interesting as Rachel and those who actually cared about the environment.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/19/2014, 12:10 am

Mary laughs, taking a short sip of her coffee. She sits on the grass and smiles towards the blue above their heads. "Man, honestly, camp gets kind of boring sometimes. I totally get the curiosity towards the attic. I've never been there myself, but I've heard stories of like, hydra heads and shit like that. I don't think I could look at that without puking." She twirled her gold chain around her finger. "At least I know to like, fight things, y'know? I'm not the best but I'm decent."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ethan's quest   ethan's quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ethan's quest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2