Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Can I Swim if I am Ice?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Empty
PostSubject: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 7:54 pm

Water dripped from the smooth and strangely warm skin of the boy who swam over to the shore where he floated and looked around. Finally, like a fish born into a human's body, Nathaniel dove underwater and within two minutes he was out about a quarter mile from the land and still not very tired. Strange thing was that this was a child of Khione and that meant that he couldn't shadowtravel or control water which was why he was proud because it was normal human strength to swim that far and he had only done it because Nathaniel planned on enlisting with the US Navy SEALs so that he could put his talents to good use. Suddenly, Nathan felt the urge to go back to shore so he dove down underwater and held his breathe for the whole time he swam back which was about two minutes at top speed. It was also necessary to be able to hold your breathe for long amounts of time without issues. As soon as his head broke the surface, Nathan took in a shuddering gasp of air and looked around in pride.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 9:17 pm

How Can I Swim if I am Ice? 1196246-12-1307720855566_large
Catheryn Cade, unclaimed daughter of Psyche

It was quite a warm day in May at camp, and because of this, Cade decided to go for a swim. She wasn't usually one for the beach, because she was relatively pale and she got sunburn easily, but lakes were different and nicer and since she had nothing better to do, why not swim? She wore a purple and white polka dotted tankini and a pair of flip-flops which she'd shucked off before going into the water. She didn't have many friends at camp, and so she usually did things by herself when she wasn't in school, which she attended nearby by mandate of Chiron. Eager to get going, she ducked her head underwater a few feet, swimming forward a couple feet before she collided with a warm being. She sputtered, her head breaking the surface as she choked on water, gasping for air. "What the hell?" she spoke breathlessly, blinking forcibly until her vision cleared. Before her was an astonished looking blue-eyed boy who couldn't be more than a year or two older than her. "Maybe you should watch where you're swimming, next time," she said accusingly, even though it'd been she who hadn't seen him.

The thirteen year old girl scrutinized him with her own clear blue-green eyes, trying to analyze his aura as best as possible. Still, the girl hadn't been claimed by her stupid godly mother, and it was a major source of frustration in her gut. The first thing she got from this boy was pride. Pride, happiness, though she couldn't quite understand why, and beneath it a thick layer of anger and frustration that she couldn't yet sort through. It startled her, as she couldn't believe that this seemingly happy- if confused at the moment- boy could harbor so much hate. Maybe he wasn't the best person to bump into.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/6/2013, 6:24 pm

Nathaniel glared at the girl and wondered what the hell her problem was but as he reached up with his right hand to brush his wet hair from his eyes, he realized his tattoo was showing and he laughed. I may be underwater and swimming like a fish but I can't see under there. Besides, you were the one who ran into me. His voice was as sharp as a dangerous sword as he replied to this girl and then looked out at the water in a calm and sort of distracted manner.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/6/2013, 9:44 pm

Catheryn made a face as she noticed his "F*** YOU" tattoo, but she said nothing. Maybe he wasn't a good boy to have run into. Well, she'd done it now. She was reading him, though, and he didn't seem to care all that much about it even though he spoke angrily.

"You know, if you couldn't see while you were swimming underwater, you're just as much to blame for this as I am," the girl said, and she crossed her arms and set her toes down into the sand beneath her. Luckily, the water her wasn't too deep for her; it was just a little above waist high. She stood watching him accusingly even though there was truly nothing else to say. Her demeanor made her out to be sharper than she actually was, though she didn't realize it. She was just a typical thirteen year old girl, oblivious to her own actions.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 7:52 pm

Nathaniel smirked and stood to his full height until he was standing taller than the girl and looked at her with a gaze much like that of a bad boy contemplating his next criminal act. You act like I am the one here who is to blame. You could have easily moved aside because I guarantee a swimmer leaves a wake behind them when underwater. Instead of dark and foreboding, Nathaniel was going for contemptious and smartass.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/8/2013, 11:01 pm

Even though this kid was intimidating in the slightest bit, Catheryn wasn't too fazed. She could literally see straight through his words, and he didn't seem to be harboring any particularly hateful feelings toward her, so she came right back at him. "I don't know if you're hard of hearing or your skull is just too thick to comprehend my words, but I did say that we're both to blame as neither of us is able to see underwater. Clearly, you could have sensed my wake underwater as well and moved out of the way," Cade said lightly, shrugging. "So before you make a bigger fool of yourself, I think you should agree that I'm right."

Catheryn was not in the mood to deal with smartass guys today, but she was ecstatic that she was able to prove this guy wrong. It was clear that she was winning this argument, but she wasn't sure what the consequences would be. Snark was no match for Catheryn. Brute force... maybe, but she could usually sense it coming from a mile away.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/9/2013, 5:59 pm

Nathaniel watched the girl in front of him with a blank stare and then a thought popped into his head. If she was going to prove him wrong and was better with words then he would be better with what he knew. Keeping a strong poker face of impassive disinterest, Nathaniel swept his left leg forward in a blindingly quick motion toward the girl's lower legs and then readied himself to propel himself forward by raising just barely onto his right foot's ball.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 12:06 am

Due to the boy's snap change in intent, it was far too late when Cade realized what he was about to do. In a bout of malice and anger his leg collided with her own, knocking her off her feet and preparing himself to attack her further. She called out, sputtering and trying to swim away as quickly as possible... what a psycho. Catheryn had been wrong in talking to him. She was so tempted to question his actions, but with this big, mental kid coming after her, she wasn't about to fight back. Apparently, this kid liked to fight fire with an incinerator, and dealing with a kid like him was a surefire way to get herself killed. "Stop!" she warned him, but her voice came out as more of a pathetic croak than a powerful command. She needed to get the hell away from him before he hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 11:51 am

After the initial shock of seeing the girl in front of him fall into the water and then start to back up in fear, Nathaniel sprung into action. He saw that the girl was trying to swim for help but had actually gotten turned around and was heading deeper into the water. When Nathaniel saw that, he dove forward into the water and within fifteen seconds he had caught up to the girl and grabbed her around the waist lightly. Look, I wasn't angry or trying to hurt you now please stop backing up. You were busy proving me wrong and I will admit I was wrong because I could have seen you if I'd been paying attention. By that point Nathaniel had stood back up and let go of the girl. I'm Nathaniel Vasquez, son of Khione.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 2:03 pm

Aghast, Cade gaped at the boy for a few seconds before getting her grip on the situation and squirming out of his grasp. She went to balance herself by standing in the sand, but she realized that the water had somehow become deeper and she was too short to stand in this area. She glanced at the shoreline and realized that she'd somehow managed to swim away from the shore and she frowned, scrutinizing the boy indignantly. What was he, bipolar? Somehow his feelings and actions toward her had become softer, and she didn't understand this at all. He seemed to be able to change emotions at the snap of a finger.

"You weren't trying to hurt me?" she challenged him, her expression stony. Maybe it was a mistake to go against him again, but Cade didn't always have the best judgment. "Lunging at someone and knocking them off their feet seems pretty threatening. Anyway, it's nice meeting you, Nathaniel, but I'm going to be on my way now," Catheryn announced curtly, maneuvering her way around him and ducking her head underwater, swimming back toward the shore this time. She tried to make her exit dramatic, but since she wasn't the most perfect swimmer it was more awkward than anything.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 2:19 pm

Nathaniel thought for a second after the girl had dove in but he really hadn't been trying to hurt her. So before she could make it to the land, the tall boy dove back in and swam fast toward the shore, passing her and standing up on the shore. With his mind wiped clean of any anger that might have arose, Nathaniel tried to figure out why he was so interested in this girl who he had no idea who was. Maybe it was because she was one of the only people who had challenged him but not actually gotten angry when he knocked her down. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that she was willing to snap at him and the try to leave. Whatever it was, Nathaniel liked it and wanted to get to know why.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/14/2013, 12:30 am

Catheryn resurfaced, her dark hair curling slightly as she got out of the water and onto the shore, grabbing her towel and wrapping it tightly around herself. She turned, checking back for the boy and praying that he'd remained in the water. She had no such luck. Upon glancing up, she realized that he'd been standing not thirty feet away from her on the shore, apparently drier than she was and having been out of the water for a bit. Wonderful. Just peachy.

"You know, you can go back in and swim now, Nate. Just because I'm leaving doesn't mean that you have to as well." Catheryn half-shrugged indignantly and shot him a look before stalking off in the direction of her cabin, annoyed at the abrupt ending of her swim. He'd introduced him as Nathaniel, but Cade was toying with him now by using the nickname Nate. It seemed to suit him.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/15/2013, 9:41 pm

Nathaniel shrugged slightly, more of a small twitch of his shoulders, before walking next to Cade. He wasn't exactly going to allow her to leave until he'd figured out why she was different from everyone else. Well maybe I don't want to go swim again. Maybe I want to just talk to you and figure out why it is that you, out of everyone, was able to catch my interest. Nathaniel pulled on his jeans and underarmour shirt while walking before slipping his loose fitting shirt on over that and then strapping on his armour and weapons as well. Soon Nathaniel was a walking weapon himself with a large kite shield across his shoulders and his still damp hair drying quickly.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/17/2013, 12:27 am

"Maybe," Catheryn agreed flippantly, a devious smile playing at the edges of her lips. She suppressed it, looking to him calculatingly for a moment before pulling a yellow cover-up dress on over her bathing suit and draping her towel over her arm. She began to walk away from the lake, slipping on her flip flops and padding back over the the courtyard.

"I really don't see why you want to talk to me after you nearly tried to drown me a few minutes ago, and I'm not sure I should be talking to you in return." She paused, her eyes grazing over him. "What are you wearing?" she asked at his attire. He'd put on a full suit of armor and was carrying a large shield after having gotten out of the water, and even while Cade had seen many strange things in her past couple of years at camp this was definitely one of the strangest.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/17/2013, 7:29 pm

Nathaniel looked over at the girl who he still didn't know the name of and then at his armor and weapons. He smiled and then brushed his hands over his armor self conciously. I believe it is called armor over clothing with a belt of weapons on. Really all it is is a loose fitting chain mail shirt belted by a chain belt. Over that is a simple breastplate and bracers. I have greaves on and my leather weapons belt. Really the most extravagant is this shield here. Nathaniel moved slightly so that the sun glinted off the face of the shield that rested on his back. Besides, I normally reserve the flowing cape and expensive wool clothing as well as full armor for those girls who tell me their name. Nathaniel flashed a devious grin that showed who he really was, a tormented and misunderstood teen who had been through much pain so he hid it with anger and violence.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 1:48 am

Catheryn was caught off guard by the abrupt shift in his demeanor. It was as if a wall had been dissolved, and now she could see past the thick sheen of anger and contempt in his thoughts. She was still apprehensive with regard to his stability, but at least she felt that she kind of understood him now. She looked at him, amused by his explanation for the armor.

"I'm Catheryn," Cade introduced herself, enunciating the syllables in her name clearly. Her name was stupid, while pretty. It was as if her father had devised it to mock her. Cay-the-ryn. Not Katherine, like it was spelled. Catheryn Cade, her surname rhyming with the beginning of her first name. Just peachy. "You can call me that; some people call me Cade, which is my last name, but I don't really have a preference," she spoke, shrugging and look back to the lake for a second. This was about the time when people usually told other about their godly parentage, but Cade wasn't doing it. It infuriated her every time she had to explain that her mother still hadn't claimed her, while she was sure that her mother was Aphrodite or someone of the sort.

"You're not suggesting that you don't own any normal clothing, are you?" the girl asked, wary of his truthfulness. "Flowing capes and wool clothing, and armor the rest of the time? Completely unnecessary," Catheryn spoke with amusement in her town. This boy was definitely quite bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 12:19 pm

Nathaniel let his grin fade and he adopted a look of seriousness that he had to force. I have normal clothing, but it was more interesting to say wool and cape than it would've been to say shredded clothes and skater shoes. Nathaniel pulled on the edge of his armor and then looked out at the water. Really if he wanted, then a fine wool set of clothing and a nice cape wouldn't be too hard to get but the son of Khione didn't want expensive or extravagant

Nathaniel watched Catheryn before finally speaking again. It's nice to meet you Catheryn. Now then, I'm sorry for almost drowning you. He stepped lightly over a fallen log and glanced back at Catheryn. Why is it that you are able to interest me more than anyone else ever has? What makes you different from all the other girls I have met?
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 3:01 pm

"I guess," Cade replied lightly, watching him curiously as he spoke once more. She was still trying to scour his mind for some reason as to why he was so strange, but she wasn't having much luck.

"It's alright," she replied to the drowning comment, even though that still disconcerted her. "But I'm not sure why you're so interested in me. I'm pretty ordinary, and honestly it's kind of creepy," she spoke with a wry smile as she brushed a few damp strands of dark hair out of her face.

Psyche. The name flashed in her mind, and it was as if a piece of her finally clicked. Psyche. Her mother was Psyche. What? She realized that her skin had begun to glow slightly, and above her head appeared a simple figure of a human being, its head and heart illuminated in some strange way. She stared at it, dumbfounded for a minute before a mixture of indignance, pleasure and confusion ran through her body.

"What the hell?" she spoke, gaping at her skin, which glowed faintly but noticeably. What she didn't realize at first was that the skin over her heart also glowed a faint pink, and her mind pulsed with acute recognition of her own intention and the intentions of the souls around her... including that of Nathaniel. She blushed lightly at this realization, and she glanced from herself to Nate for a second before pushing past him, stalking off toward the cabins.

"I can't deal this right now," she'd murmured, trying to get away from him and to her cabin as quickly as possible so she wouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of all of this. She felt an odd sort of acceptance at the idea that her mother had claimed her, but it was all so overwhelming and it had taken such a long time and it wasn't what she'd been expecting at all.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 6:02 pm

Nathan still remembered the day his mother had claimed him, with the cold white snowflake over his head and the shining bluish white light that rose from his skin while his hair seemed to fill with a chilled frost until he finally had had enough. It was all strange and Nathan remembered how he'd felt like he was different and couldn't deal with it at the time but that it was all normal somehow. Seeing Catheryn push past him and take off for somewhere else made him feel upset and a slight bit of understanding. Nathan took off at a slight jog to catch up to Catheryn and slid in front of her smoothly.

I may not understand anything about Psyche but I do know that whatever you may think you know about my thoughts is incorrect. All I am thinking at the moment is that you are someone I wasn't expecting to meet and now want to get to know better. Please just give me the chance to show you who I really am and not who I was at the moment. Nathaniel smiled shyly at the girl in front of him and then waited for her to acknowledge his words.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 1:40 am

Catheryn jumped slightly as the boy slid easily in front of her, catching her attention again. Well, he was nothing if not persistent.

"You don't know anything about what I know about your thoughts. Actually, I don't know anything about your thoughts, so none of it can be incorrect. You don't get it. I don't understand why you keep following me, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop harassing me and let me adjust to the fact that I have an actual parent who has chosen to acknowledge me, now," Cade spoke, her voice breaking slightly toward the end of her sentence as her voice softened. She still wasn't sure what to think of the boy, but he'd definitely softened toward her and she couldn't see so much harm in him anymore. Still, she didn't want company at the moment. At least, she didn't think so. And so after a moment of gaping at her glowing skin and looking back to him disconcertedly she turned on her heel and made her way back toward her cabin, figuring that she'd said enough.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 11:27 am

Nathaniel saw the reaction that Catheryn had to him and his mind clouded with confusion. With an effort, he forced himself to watch her walk away and not follow. Instead Nathan spun and looked around before taking off at a jog toward the forest where he could just run and jog for a little while. Of course with so much armor on, this would include a large amount of exercise.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/20/2013, 12:19 am

As Nathaniel left, Catheryn turned and watching him go curiously, while she still harbored mixed feelings. Instead of lingering in her cabin she went and took a long, hot shower before changing into another set of clothes and vowing to get some homework done before dinner. Her glow had faded slightly, and she made her way into the courtyard. Throwing herself into algebra- while it was incredibly difficult for her dyslexic mind to decipher- was easier than thinking about being claimed and what it meant, thinking about her dad and how he'd been with her mother and why, and why her mother hadn't claimed her until now. Naturally, she became distracted while doing her work, and she glanced around the courtyard, watching people as they came and went. She thought she spotted a familiar figure across the way, and, on a whim, she called to him.

"Nathaniel!" she called, feeling the slightest twinge of discomfort. She felt a little bit guilty regarding what she'd said to him earlier, even though she was still wary of his freaky personality shifts and his odd interest in her. It was clear that he'd meant well, and she did want to apologize.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/20/2013, 1:48 pm

Just getting done running, Nathaniel walked across the courtyard slowly and looked around when he heard his name shouted. He looked confused until suddenly his eyes found Catheryn looking at him and he smiled slightly. Nathaniel walked over to the girl and sat down, more of a crouch than actually sitting, before looking at her to see what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/21/2013, 12:13 am

Cade felt slightly disconcerted as Nathan made his way over to her, watching her apprehensively.

"Listen... I'm sorry about earlier," she spoke, glancing down at the wood picnic table and the blurred numbers on her algebra work. "I didn't mean to be so brash with you. I was just frustrated and confused by my situation, and I shouldn't have put you off so quickly," she said, looking to him. "But, for the record, you were wrong in assuming that I couldn't understand you because I'm a daughter of Psyche and I've made my assumptions already. My powers are very... subjective, you can say. I can see through you better than you know," Catheryn said, flushing slightly and looking back to the algebra.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime5/21/2013, 1:36 pm

Nathaniel listened and then nodded slowly. I was wrong to assume you don't know what I think but to be fair, I don't even know what I think or feel so it would only stand to reason that you wouldn't be able to tell what I think or feel either. Nathaniel sat down at the picnic table and looked across it at Catheryn. He was still not sure what to think of her but slowly it began to dawn on him that what was in his mind wasn't just that she was different but that Catheryn was someone who he could possibly relate to and who never backed down from him. She was also a rather beautiful girl, in his mind, but not someone he would want to date until he knew her better. Finally Nathan blinked and spoke again, slowly and steadily. I'm not sure why but you seem sad for some reason. What's wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Swim if I am Ice?   How Can I Swim if I am Ice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Can I Swim if I am Ice?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Half Blood :: The Lake-
Jump to: