Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Reading more than books. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:29 pm

Reading more than books. - Page 2 Tumblr_me5uhyBXGi1rrn9k9o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~

Emery started down the path that lead down to the beach, she rather liked the beach but didn't visit there often. The sand glittered slightly in the view of the sun and she set her bag down on a rock before sitting down herself.
"Now what do you want to talk about?" She asked lightly, stretching out her legs to soak up the heat better.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:38 pm

I followed behind Emery and raised my eyebrow when I noticed that we were going to the beach. I looked down at my attire; that which I normally wore. I had a black dress shirt on with a red tie on, and I noticed that the tie was a little loose. I shrugged, and unbuttoned the top two buttons for comfort, loosening the tie to hand down a bit more. I was less formal than normal today, with black jeans on rather than my normal dress pants. I stood next to Emery for a second, and rolled up the sleeves up my shirt. I sat down next to her, and just shrugged. "I don't know." I was simply.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:53 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery arched an eyebrow and looked him up and down, "Fine then. Why are you wearing a tie? Did you go to a funeral or something?"
The daughter of Hecate imagined that it would be hot and stuffy . She was tempted to pull the tie over his head and chuck it into the ocean. She had half expected Kaladin to ask about her ever changing hair.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:58 pm

I shook my head. "Usually I walk around downtown, and people respect someone wearing a tie." I said, and started to really notice the heat. For some reason, I had forgotten to wear an undershirt today. Brilliant. Looking away from Emery, I unbuttoned my shirt all the way, loosening the tie from around the collar and just letting it hang down on my chest. I looked over at her again and blushed. I gulped a little, and looked at her hair. "Do you change it purpose, or does the colour change on its own?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 5:45 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

"Oh," That was a very simple answer she had not considered. Ties do make one person respect another but wearing them at camp, no, just no. "My hair?" She asked, she had become momentarily distracted by Kaladin's bare chest and stomach. "Eh, it is emotional based so I don't change it on purpose. It reflects my emotions."
Her hair turned a darker shade of red, generally red was anger or attraction, but Kaladin didn't know this.
"So basically, I am a horrible liar and a human mood ring." She gave him a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 5:57 pm

When she asked, 'My hair?', I nodded, and raised an eyebrow. If it was based on emotion, then different colour would represent different emotion. Right as I was thinking through that, her hair changed to a darker shade of red. I smiled slyly and asked, "So, what does red mean?" I sighed, and took my tie off, putting it in one of my pockets. It was starting to get rather warm, and I briefly considered taking off my pants before realizing Emery was present.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 6:06 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
"It means you are very..." She chewed on her lip. "Distracting."
Smooth Emery, really smooth. She kicked off her flip flops and leaned back onto the sand, tucking her hands behind her head. Her eyes were fixed on the sky and she glanced at Kaladin out of the corner of her eye. It was so strange that their eyes were so close in color, the girl crossed her legs.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 6:15 pm

I blushed. Distracting? How was I distracting? Was it my eyes? Perhaps. .Or perhaps she was implying something more hormonal? Maybe she was also physically attracted to me. That would be interesting. I hadn't thought of that possibility yet. How long had it been since I'd had a girlfriend? Probably a year. Jessica, right? Yeah. The mortal who'd thought it was acceptable to deface private property. That relationship had ended quickly. Physically, I could already tell I liked Emery. I wondered if she felt the same of me. My face had good symmetry, and I had a good amount of muscle, so I supposed it was likely. I'd been told I was attractive before, and it likely hadn't changed since.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 6:40 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery grinned at him turning red, "Come on. Your going to fry if you don't get wet."
Emerson was going to turn bright red with a sunburn if she wasn't going to get wet. She stood and hit the water. It wasn't to cold, it actually felt nice. Not to hot or to cold. She waded in up to her waist and stood there with her hands on her hips.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 6:48 pm

I smiled, and took my shirt off, laying it down next to my cane. I took my hidden blade off as well, and looked down at my pants again. I really didn't like getting my pants wet, but it would also be odd for me to go around half-naked with a girl I'd just met. I took my shoes and socks off first, and then stood at the edge of the water, looking down at my pants, trying to decide.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 6:57 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery vanished under the waves, her body wanted to transform to adapt but Emery ignored the invitation of her DNA. She popped back up, her dark brown hair plastered to her skin and her pale blue shirt had turned dark.
"You coming?" She called over her shoulder, not watching him.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 7:01 pm

"Well. ." I muttered, collecting my thoughts. "I don't like swimming when I'm wearing pants. ." I started, and blushed, even though she wasn't really looking at me. I considered taking my pants off now and just jumping in, but I didn't quite have the resolve. Perhaps she would make a decision for me.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 2:59 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery was about to come back to shore when a tentacle grabbed her around the waist, lifting her into the air. The girl screamed, any girl would scream, and the tips of her fingers morphed into claws and she raked them along the vertebrae. Her hands were drenched with monster blood when the creature let go of her. The girl hit the water and came up spluttering, treading water. Emery booked it towards the sand and nearly beat the creature too, then it wrapped a fishy tentacle around her ankle and threw her up into the air. Emery saw a gaping maw and her wings sprouted from her shoulders and she shot up into the air, narrowly avoiding getting eaten.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:13 am

I was just about to work up the nerve to take my pants off anyway when a giant tentacle wrapped around Emery. I heard her scream, and felt completely and utterly useless. I grabbed my knives and took off my pants, ready to swim into the water. Then I saw Emery running towwards me, but just when she was almost safe, another tentacle grabbed her and three her into the air. If she landed in thhe water, the Krakken would get her. If she landed anywhere else. .Wait. Wait a second. Were those WINGS? Did she just. .She just flew out of its reach. I was left dumbstruck, mouth agape, staring up at a girl with wings while I stood on the beach in my boxers.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:28 am

~Emerson Tyler~
"Put your pants back on!" Emery called and she dove for the beach. She skidded in the sand and her caramel colored wings flailed around slightly. "Seriously?"
She asked Kaladin as she ran past. Then she pulled a thin thing out of her bag, turned out to be a bow. Her hair had turned to black in the chaos. "Duck!" She called and the girl strung it in a smooth motion, the arrow had an explosive attached to the end. Emery aimed and fired, the arrow flew into its beak like mouth and erupted, spraying bits of monster goo every were. Emery was far enough up the beach that she avoided getting sprayed, Kaladin on the other hand...
That was the moment Emerson started giggling at Kaladin, covered in goo, in his boxer shorts, on the beach. Emery seriously wished for a camera.
"You look ridiculous."
Her hair faded back to brown as she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:34 am

Well, I felt like a complete idiot. Not only had I not been able to fight the krakken, but I'd been covered in its slimyinsides. I trudged into the wwater and cleaned off my glasses. I pushed a button and they shifted to goggles, and I dived underwater and cleared my body of goo. I swam back up and walked with my head held high as my glasses transformed back to normal. I had to look as proud as possible through maneurisms because I knew, generally speaking, I was looking pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:44 am

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery gave the boy a slightly sympathetic look, the claws shrank back into her hands, and she pulled a towel out of her bag and dried off as much as she could. Then she pulled another out and walked over to the edge of the surf, waiting to hand it to Kaladin. She had her towel wrapped around her and she dug her toes into the sand.
"For the record," She told him when he came out, "You look great in monster goo."
She stood on her tip toes and planted a light kiss on his forehead. Then she turned around and walked away a few paces, the muscles in her back bunched and jumped as the wings shook themselves dry and proceeded to shrink into her back. The only evidence of their existence was the line of blood rolling down her back. The transformations were painful and Emery was biting the palm of her hand to suppress a moan of pain.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:55 am

I took the towel and dried myself off a bit. She said skmething about looking good in goo, and I blushed. Then she kissed my forehead, and I bkushed even deeper. I looked up at her ginormous wings and gaped, accidentally dropping the towel. They were just. .magnificent. i was about to say so when they started to go bacj into her, and then disappeared. "Facinating." I said aloud, and walked up to her quickly and put my hands on her back, not thinking about common courtesy in my quest for knowledge. I pulled my hands away when I noticed the blood, and took a step back. "I. .I'm sorry." I muttered.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 4:04 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery felt warm callused hands against her back, she jumped and looked at him, slightly wide eyed, her hair had turn a pale shade of black. She was suddenly very aware at their close proximity, "go put on some pants."
She poked him gently in the abs to show no hard feelings. "Your not going to tell anyone? Are you?"
Emery seemed slightly fearful, that was the color of black, fear... and worry. Her green eyes inspected his face.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 4:15 am

I stepped back when she jumped, and I noticed that her hair had changed colours. Black? That couldn't be happy colour. I blushed when she mentioned that I wasn't wearing pants, and squirmed a little when she poked me. And then she asked if I was going to tell anyone. Tell anyone what? That she was. . She didn't like people knowing about her powers? There was a hit of confusion on my face. "About your . .wings?" I asked, and then, to be sure I was clear, I looked into her eyes and shook my head. "I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." I said, trying my hardest to show that I really wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 3:52 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery looked at him intently until he agreed and a wave of relief washed through her, her hair turning back to its dark auburn color.
"Thank you," The girl turned and moved to put the weapon back in her bag. She was trembling slightly from the monster attack and there were prints from the suction cups on the tentacles on her legs, and her arm. She slid her flip flops back on before sitting back down in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 4:55 pm

I nodded in response to her thank you, and went to the water and washed her blood off of my hands. I flicked them to get the water off, and then found my pants and pulled them on. I sat down next to Emery. I looked her over and saw that she was a little shaky, and that the krakken had left giant marks where its tentacles had been.I had my glasses zoom in and I looked at one of the spots for a moment before having them zoom back out. "I. .um. .thanks for taking care of that. I'm not very good at anything long range." I muttered.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 5:16 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery looked up at him from her sitting position, stretching her legs out.
"No problem, I have had lots of practice. Besides, I cheated."
She tapped her head with her forefinger. Kaladin had put his pants back on which was a positive development. Emery was easily distracted by muscle and it was slightly ironic. She pulled out her water bottle and rinsed the blood off of her fingertips, it wasn't much blood so it came off quickly.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 5:40 pm

"If you don't mind me asking. .how do your powers work? Do you always have wings. .tucked away in you, or do you have to make them each time?" I asked, trying not to look directly at the spots where the wings had disappeared. Instead, my eyes ended up running up and down her legs. I cknsidered tinting my glasses, but for some reason I thought she liked my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/5/2013, 7:52 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery looked at him and sighed softly.
"I have to form them each time, my muscles and bone reassemble and disassemble the wings or any other body part."
Her eyes never left his face, even when his green eyes were combing her legs over.
"It hurts to form and the longer they are out the more painful they are to put away."
Emery's bangs fell into her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next