Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Useless Training (Anime)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Useless Training (Anime) Empty
PostSubject: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 8:31 pm

E.J. groaned as the kid in front of him missed the target yet again. How could someone be so unteachable in something so easy? Still, Ethan prided himself on teaching archery and therefore he leaned over the young boy and moved the camper's hands so that he was holding the bow properly. Breathe in slowly and aim carefully. Sight down the length of the arrow until it feels right. Then when you feel like it is good, breathe out and release the arrow so that it flies true. Now take it slow this time. When he finished, the older boy stepped back and drew his own bow as well as an arrow. He nocked the arrow and sighted all in one motion. Within three seconds, he had breathed in and sighted. Then he released and watched as his arrow sunk into the bullseye. Taking three more arrows, he did the same until they were evenly spaced out from the bullseye to the edge of the target. Try and shoot one of your arrows through each of those arrows. Don't worry, I can get more so just make the arrows split in half.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 8:45 pm

Penny entered, her dark wide fawn brown eyes took in the situation. The daughter of Athena walked past the archers and she moved to lean against the sword fighting arena. The girl watched the sword fighters go at each other. It appeared to be some sort of contest between the two sons of Ares that were battling. Penny withdrew and sure enough there was a set of brackets written in chalk on a board. They were apparently at the round where they were to determine who fought the reigning champion. She had seen the champion fight several times and he was pretty good... but not as good as Penny. The girl sat down on the bench, crossing her long legs to watch the rest of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:01 pm

Ethan had seen the girl walk in and he briefly glanced over to see what was going on before turning back to the kid. The camper had successfully split the farthest arrow from the bullseye but Ethan had a suspicion that it had been luck that had gotten him that far. Alright, I can tell you aren't doing too good today. Maybe we should hold off until tomorrow for more training. I'll see you tomorrow at this time. Ethan walked to the target and pulled his three surviving arrows out of the wood. He put them back and strung his bow over his shoulder before walking over to watch the match. It had been interesting earlier with three losses in a matter of minutes but Ethan thought they would be more of a fight now. He sat down on the closest chair and barely paid attention to the fact that it was only about four feet away from the girl.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:17 pm

Penny watched, her head resting on her hand. The boy she had barely noticed when walking in had moved to sit on the same bench she was to watch the match. The winner was soon decided and it had been a rather boring match.
Penny stood and called up to the guy who had won the miniature tournament.
"Mind if I challenge you?" She asked lightly. The winner laughed and agreed while Penny grinned. She hauled herself up over the edge, stood, and didn't even bother with unsheathing her sword. A murmur rose through the crowd, the daughter of Athena looked so tiny and fragile next to the kid who won. The son of Ares' broadsword glinted in the dim light. Then the boy moved forward to attack but it was like Penny knew what he was going to do. It was over in a matter of seconds and the kid was laying on his back, knocked out. Penny lept off the edge and made her way towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:22 pm

Come on now. If you get to challenge the winner and beat him then I challenge you. Ethan stood up and jumped up onto the slightly raised stage where the kid had been knocked out. The son of Apollo moved him and then drew his twin hooks.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:33 pm

Penny halted and then turned back slowly, her lips forming a small half smile.
"I am done for the night,"Penny answered softly and She turned back around and she pushed the door open. Walking into the cool air of outside. Darwin scurried down from the tree to meet her. The martin limbed up her pant leg and sat on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:42 pm

Okay, I guess I have to chase after you then. Ethan jumped down and sheathed the swords while taking off at a jog to the door. As soon as he reached the entrance, Ethan slowed down and breathed in softly. He walked casually out and toward the girl with the air of calmness and no sign off his efforts to be charming. Ethan hadn't been real good with girls lately, especially not since he'd had to watch Emma bleed to death in front of him. Yet Ethan wouldn't be deterred. Hey I was hoping we could talk.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:53 pm

Penny didn't stop in her pace and Darwin hissed at the boy, baring his tiny fangs.
"Hush," Penny said stroking the ferret's head, avoiding the tiny horns behind it's ears.
"What would we talk about?" She asked quietly, her dark hair shielding her fair face. Penny was a strange girl and she was friendly but around boys she was a little anti social. Unless the boy happened to be William or Aiden.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 9:57 pm

I don't know but how about we start with introductions. Hello, I'm Ethan and that was a nice fight back there. It was cool how you didn't show any fear and made a statement in the way you beat the Ares kid. Ethan smiled and gazed at the creature on the girl's shoulder, hoping she would talk to him and not take off like most people did.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 10:10 pm

"Penny," She answered in her same quiet tones. "This is Darwin."
The creature made a gurgling noise and stuck his nose in the girl's ear.
"I have seen him fight before." She offered as a simple explanation, that was all he got in explanation unless Ethan was able to guess. Never show all of you tricks to the opponent.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 10:16 pm

Ethan laughed and shook his head in acceptance. It was all he could do to talk to Penny and now she was making him deal with mystery. Ugh it really sucked not being able to be a smooth or calm or flirtatious as others. The son of Apollo glanced at the girl again and then nodded in realization. If she was going to play hard to get then so be it. Well nice to meet you Penny, and you too Darwin. Anyhow, it looked more like you could tell what the guy was going to do. Not even someone could be that good after watching another fight. That must mean you are a daughter of either Athena or Ares and since that was an Ares brat then I would say Athena. Ethan brushed a stray strand of hair aside and then waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 10:25 pm

"My mother is Athena," Penny answered, confirming his suspicions. "As I said before, I have seen that particular son of Ares fight before. All it takes is a matter of remembering."
She rubbed a muscle in her bicep and pushed Darwin's ear out of her nose. The martin's wisker's tickling her cheekbone. The creature hissed again at Ethan.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 10:30 pm

Ethan's eyes flashed and he let his gaze wander back to the martin but then he looked back at Penny. Well I guess it would be best that you didn't fight me then. I wouldn't want to hurt you or anything. He smiled again and then looked away from Penny embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 10:53 pm

"You couldn't have," Penny respond to his jab. "I have yet to see you fight so you may stand a chance tomorrow."
The girl seemed delicate but she was not and she had beaten challengers before. Muscle memory was an extremely rare gift to have, with any battle god's child.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/15/2013, 12:10 pm

Well at least I get that chance. Ethan smiled as he looked back at Penny and then thought about how it was he'd told that boy he couldn't help him and then came across something that he had issues with learning, talking to girls. Quickly Ethan looked away and acted like nothing was out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/15/2013, 8:53 pm

Penny didn't look at Ethan but she acknowledged his glance with a small smile, "A slim one."
By slim she meant nill to microscopic. She had fought several fights and seen more than she had fought. One could learn to recognise many things with her gifts.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/15/2013, 8:58 pm

Well I guess slim is better than none. Anyhow, why is it that you fought that kid and then walked away? As Ethan glanced at the martin, he had another question. And what is with the creature on your shoulder growling at me?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/15/2013, 9:30 pm

"Darwin doesn't like other males intruding on his territory. I am not too concerned with the fact I fall underneath that category."
Penny considered his first question and decided to go with the simplest answer, "I wasn't in the mood."
They had arrived at her cabin and she started up the steps and opened her door, not caring if the strange boy followed or not. She sat Darwin down on her bed before sitting in an abandoned chair and opening her book.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/16/2013, 12:03 pm

Ethan nodded and watched as Penny walked into the cabin. He thought for a minute and almost turned away to leave but then smiled to himself. If Darwin was angry with him for intruding then it made it all the more fun. Ethan walked into the cabin and sat down on an empty bunk before speaking. Well I guess Darwin will just have to deal for a little bit. Anyhow, how long have you been at Camp?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/16/2013, 8:03 pm

Penny made a note in her school book with a pencil and looked up when Ethan walked in.
"A little over two years," She said. Darwin was sitting on a bed post and he growled faintly at the intruder. "I go to a private school here in new york so I am gone most days."
She turned the page and picked up a highlighter, marking a passage.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/17/2013, 12:08 pm

Ethan nodded and thought about how private schools had always been foreign and scary to him up until his mother had succeeded in figuring out how to make it in the music business. Still, if he ever wanted to see Penny then he would have to make the best of the days she was here, including today. Sounds interesting, private schools that is. His words were jumbled together and he was still nervous so he decided to just explain to Penny why he had issues with talking to her. Look, if it seems strange that I keep stumbling over every word I say then it is because I had to watch the girl I loved bleed to death because a kid had stabbed her in the stomach and I'm not that good at medicine and healing. So, I'm sorry if it is annoying. Ethan smiled slightly as he finished what he was saying.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/17/2013, 7:39 pm

Penny's eyebrows raised slightly at what he had to say, why was he telling her this?
She acknowledged what he had to say with a slight nod. Her bangs falling into her face slightly.
"It's nice and everybody who goes there is reasonably intelligent." She answered in her soft tones, closing the book. She fixed her brown eyed gaze upon Ethan, giving him her undivided attention.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/17/2013, 8:43 pm

The cool air in the cabin blew across Ethan's warm face and he slowly sank back until he was laying back to look up at the ceiling. Well, I guess that was random. Anyhow, what is it exactly that you do at a private school? I mean I had the option to go to one when I was in Seattle but I never wanted to. Ethan sat back up and met Penny's gaze calmly.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/18/2013, 7:12 pm

Penny's lips quirked up slightly,"Just a little random. It is basically a regular school with people like.... us." She gestured around the cabin. "About half of the population is mortal though, which is nice. The one here in town anyway. Most private schools have dorms and stuff. "

Penny stood, walked over to her backpack, and slid the textbook in.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime4/18/2013, 7:37 pm

Sounds cool, I might have to check into it. Most of Ethan's education had entailed his training and his music career as well as basic education in a public school. Yet when he'd taken off, all of that had changed and Ethan thought he would enjoy the challenge of going to school again. So...doyouhaveaboyfriend Ethan was nervous again and he felt his throat close immediately after the jumbled up question left his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useless Training (Anime)   Useless Training (Anime) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useless Training (Anime)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Half Blood :: Physical Fitness Area :: Archery Range-
Jump to: