Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A nice spot to watch anything

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 1:26 am

Danni had closed her eyes, her brain thinking rapidly. All the files that had passed over her desk in the office.
"The hospital," She said, opening her eyes. "You mean the Angel Hospital."
A organization scattered all throughout the world, mortals with abilities and Heroes alike set against... well... anyone. They seek to dominate the world.

"That was who I was running from when... when they killed him." Danni said softly. "They took my best friend and tortured her and when she got away they came after me. Killing the person I was closest to." Her jawline tightened, "I would like nothing better than to see them burn."
Danni shook her head knowing revenge wasn't the answer, it never was. "You guys have your mouth full. My people have been dealing with them since I was about ten."
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 2:05 am

Etrius looked up, and he looked into Danielle's face and grinned.

"I'm sorry about that, it looks like we have something in common. But you've been fighting this war on your own, now you have me, I'll get Sam to free up some more of the Colossus Navy for me to use. Maybe another carrier would do some good."

He let that hang for a bit before he stepped forward and held out his hand.

"It looks like we got off on the wrong foot. Let's start over alright? Hi, my name is Etrius Beecher Johnson how are you?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 2:59 am

Danni let out a incredulous laugh, "I am not alone. I work for the FBI in the Demi-God Division. You honestly did think-" She made a noise of amusement. Danni hadn't expected to laugh so soon after Ashton's death. Points for Etrius. Danni ran her fingers through her brown hair.
"Danielle Wilde daughter of Persephone, most people call me Danni." She took his hand and studied him again.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 3:16 am

Etrius smirked at her and shook her hand before letting it go.

"Feeling better? You look a lot nicer when you're laughing then when you're sad."

Etrius looked out at the ocean, the waves tossed up a light ocean mist. It was also getting later on in the day. His work phone buzzed, the speaker began pitching out an 'urgent message, code red' and he scowled, pulling it out to view the text. The automatic text readout began speaking.
"disturbance in the force. Please advise"

"Sam! f*ck off!"

"all is well then"

Etrius' scowl grew wider and with a snort, pitched it over his shoulder and into the ocean where it was promptly dashed to pieces. He let out a sigh.

"Well that certainly killed the mood. Sorry about that. Where were we?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 3:27 am

"Disturbance in the Force?" She asked arching an eyebrow. "What the Hades does that mean?"
Now Danni knew who ever sent that text is a Starwars nut. As long as they didn't start quoting Doctor Who she thought she would be okay. Then she shook her head and looked back at him.
"We were... something to do with I look nicer when I am happy?"
Danni watched him carefully.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 7:10 pm

Etruis let out a long sigh of resignation. Was it just him or was sam getting more and more random? Actually, no, that was pretty much happening ever since he had taken the CEO position well over a year ago. He still trusted his friend with his life and his friend turned boss was still one of the best guys around, but when doing anything related to the foundation, it was like he was high or something.

"That guy. He's my boss. He is a bit . . . unstable. Surprisingly, that's the first time this month that he's done anything slap worthy."

He tacked on a friendly smirk.

"Anyway, it's true. You were made to laugh and smile, not mope around. Life isn't going to live itself, i'd like to help if you would have my help.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 8:52 pm

Danni arched her eyebrow again, this look was quite normal for her. Her dad used to joke that face would stick.
"How would you plan on doing that? Most people in the state of mind I currently reside in don't like help."
Danni's current state of mind was survivors guilt, it wasn't that visible or so she hoped. The thought of an unstable boss amused her slightly as Star wars quoting boss no less.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2013, 11:07 pm

Etrius looked in her face. He saw the survivor's guilt. She was good at covering it up, oh yes, very good, but he was better at detecting. He'd seen it plenty of times, as a commanding officer, he'd seen it in his troops and the rest of the freakshow had already experienced it at some point. He stepped in a bit closer, a bit bolder due to not having been slapped silly earlier on. He brought up his right hand and ruffled Danielle's hair.

"Ah, but in your situation, you're going to spiral down through a self-destructive loop and end up hurting yourself."

He brought his hand back down again.

"I think I can help you do something constructive. I'm sure you want some payback for your friend's death, so why don't I help do what he wanted to do?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/6/2013, 1:24 am

Danni looked at him defiantly.
"You ruffle my hair again I will snap your hand off at your wrist. Do I make myself clear?"
There was the annoyed Danni again, crisp and to the point. A person knew when they did something she didn't like because Danielle was so blunt.
"He was just trying to get me out of were I was and he did that. Why would I want revenge when the person who killed him is already dead by my hand?"
She looked at him directly, wanting to hear the answer. "Besides I am on leave at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/6/2013, 7:35 am

Etrius pulled his hand back, shoving the right in his pocket while he pulled out his left. He held up his hand in front of her.

"Snapping off my wrist isn't much of a threat anymore, I've had this entire arm ripped off by a stray piece of flying shrapnel. Loyd reattached it and grafted a piece of his own nervous system to reconnect mine. I am glad I wasn't conscious for the procedure though."

Etrius flexed his arm and wiggled the fingers a bit to show the arm was good as new. He then shoved that hand back into his pocket.

"Your friend gave his life to protect you. I'll keep protecting you, maybe not like he did, but I'll help you achieve any goal you want. I owe you, don't make me feel ungrateful alright? Besides, have you forgotten? I'm on medical leave, this bullet hole is going to be playing hell with me for at least another week, or until my fleet flagship gets back with nicer medical facilities."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/6/2013, 8:27 pm

Danni winced in sympathy, "Shrapnel never feels good, removing the stuff isn't fun either. "
It was quite messy and it involved a scalpel and multiple different tools. Danni had removed shrapnel on multiple people. At Etrius' next comment she scowled openly.
"Trust me I do not need a babysitter, besides you wouldn't be able to keep up." She stated, a quite challenge in her voice, barely detectable.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/7/2013, 4:11 am

"Is that a challenge I hear?"

Etrius asked with a rather amused tone. He stretched his non-injured arm and his friendly smirk morphed into the sort of smirk you would give toward a petulant but amusing child.

"I'm sure I could at the very least keep up with you in my current state. Besides, who's going to bail you out when you inevitably bite off a lot more then you can fit in your mouth let alone chew. And an extra set of hands never hurts, or gun, or sword, or shield . . . knife?"

He cocked his head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/7/2013, 8:48 pm

Danni stepped forward so they were nose to nose.... well... almost. Considering Danni was only about five feet eight inches and Etrius was much bigger than her. She poked him in the chest, avoiding his wound.
"I am not going to have another person attempt to haul my skinny butt out of danger again and get themselves killed in the process."
She glared up at him, jaw set. A few things about Italians they have a notorious temper that puts them up there with the Irish, fantastic drinking capabilities, and you never ever point out their weaknesses.
"If you attempt to I will arrest you on the spot for hindering my investigation. Is that clear?"
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/7/2013, 9:28 pm

Etrius looked down at her and slouched a bit so that they were a bit closer to the same level, though the difference in height was still noticeable even then. He lifted his right hand and poked her also in the chest, though higher so as to not be inappropriate.

"I'm a lot harder to kill then you would think. Otherwise I would have been dead quite a while ago. I've been shot, stabbed, slashed, burned, electrocuted, frozen, burned and slashed at the same time, had my arm ripped off at the shoulder by flying shrapnel, took command of an aircraft carrier alone and under fire while the bridge was burning and pumping smoke and flame at me. Did I mention that thus far, I have been bitten by five people and seven separate and unique species of monster."

He did not admit that for most of his more life threatening injuries, Loyd had been there to fix him up afterwards. For some reason, Loyd's body was universally compatible and since he had a regeneration ability however mild, he volunteered to be an organ donor. Etrius in his current state was currently 8% Loyd due to the many surgeries and grafts he had needed. Loyd had commented that that percentage would drop as the cells died and replaced themselves.

"Besides, I've been trained to step in after the bullets start flying to avoid the bureaucratic legal bullsh*t that comes with my job."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/7/2013, 9:53 pm

"Still doesn't mean I can't arrest you," She growled, her eyes flashing. On her very girly side she was going 'Awww' but she squashed the feeling. Boys were the last thing on her list especially after that fiasco two days ago.
Her hurt shoulder twinged slightly, she had shattered it about a week ago in Italy. Apollo healers had put it back together but it still hurt occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2013, 8:36 pm

Etrius let off a little chuckle at her. He liked this girl. He then briefly considered asking Sage how he managed to flirt with women in an infuriating fashion and still not get slapped. He began counting on his fingers and listing several reasons.

"Well, for one, you'd need jurisdiction in the area that you are working on. Secondly, mortals don't know about demi-gods so law enforcement wouldn't be able to give you a warrant for fear of leaving a paper trail. Third, the judicial system wouldn't really be able to try me, can't leave behind a paper trail. Fourth, the lawyers would have a field day and you can't very well kill them. And fifth, you winced for a split-second, obviously not your conscience so something physical is bothering you."

He looked up from counting on his fingers.

"Your turn."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2013, 9:17 pm

"I shatter my shoulder about a week ago in Italy? Happy?" Danni growled. "As far as mortals and government go maybe I didn't make myself clear. I work in the Demi-god division. Set up by Demi-gods and secret from mortals. As far as they are concerned I am a just an kid genius who happens to be very helpful as far as suicide and murder cases."
Her eyes narrowed as she glowered at him all cutsie feelings for him had left the building. Even if she did find him attractive if he got in her way she would have to wreck his pretty little son of Ares face. She would have continued to chew him out but her phone vibrated. It had been wrapped in her towel. She checked the caller id before answered.
"This is Danni," Her brow crinkled. "I'm on leave-"
She ground her teeth, "Fine."
Danni hung up and started towards the cabins. There was no doubt in her mind Etrius would follow.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2013, 9:44 pm

The girl Danni turned around and stalked off toward the camp. This was a rather unexpected development for Etrius though it didn't really bother him, Sam often had him running around on wild goose chases. He shrugged and reached down to pick up his weapons he had dropped and slung them over his shoulder before turning around and grabbing the surfboard that was still stuck in the sand. He hefted it with on hand and braced it against his shoulder before making a short jog to catch up with Danni.

"Hmm, something has you riled up. Half of it is me, the other half is something else."

He stated in a flat tone as he slowed down to match Danni's speed. He had dropped the smirk and his face was now blank with almost no emotion. Inwardly, he was frowning at his arm's stiffness as he held the girl's surf board, the medication and painkillers were doing their thing quite well but strained muscular response was something he would have to get Loyd to fix. Oh well, it wasn't the end of the world anyway, he would find the dude and have him fix the defective product.

[Several Kilometers away.]

Loyd suddenly sneezed and felt very depressed. He didn't know why.

[back at the beach]

His steps fell with almost mechanical precision and his pace was measured. His mannerisms now could have been that of a robot and the way his face was at the moment was the picture of blankness.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2013, 10:14 pm

She took the board from the boy, realizing she had left it behind.
"Thanks," She muttered before they arrived at the cabins.
"What frustrates me is they know I am on medical leave and I really need the rest and apparently because I can predict death that automatically makes me available."
She walked into her cabin and walked back out, changed. In her black jacket, clean red t-shirt, and her black boots. The black jacket had yellow block letters that spelled out FBI. She was sliding her knife into her boot and had clipped an FBI badge onto her belt. Then she made her way towards the camp exist were a black SUV was waiting.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2013, 1:56 am

In the time she had been in her cabin, Etrius had also gotten changed. He was wearing a black dress shirt with a white tie with the Colossus logo emblazoned on it under an open trench coat and heavy black cargo pants when he intercepted Danni walking towards the camp exit. His crossbow was slung over his back and his belt had been changed to a belt that had perhaps 12 throwing knives, 20 small capsules and two other pouches containing who knew what. He threw a casual salute to the girl.

"Hope you don't mind if I come with you. Sitting around camp really doesn't serve a purpose you know?"

He asked, slightly sheepish.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2013, 2:44 am

Danni looked at him before she got in the car, "I suppose I can't stop you either way. Back seat is all yours."
She got in and put on her seat belt and listened to the driver talk. It was a man hunt for a crazy murdering demi-god. He had killed several mortals already and they had just discovered another dead body.
"So basically," Danni said clarifying. "You want me to talk to a ghost who may or may not be bent on revenge." She had opened up the jocky box in the front of the car and pulled out a gun. She loaded it and clicked on the safety.
"Are these the new bullets?" She asked looking at the driver.
"Yep."
They pulled up to the site and Danni got out of the car pulling on some medical examiner gloves. The murder had taken place in one of the parks nearby. She ducked underneath some caution tape and walked towards the body, the young woman's body had been twisted and her legs stuck out at odd angles.

((I guess you can tell I have forensic homework. Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2013, 4:50 am

Etrius reached behind him, unhooked the crossbow, and in one quick motion, dropped the top section and attached a large rifle upper receiver and barrel. He racked the bolt and inserted one of the cartridges into the weapon before moving the bolt forward and locking it. He slung it back over his back and followed Danni to the crime scene, grimacing at the body. The woman was contorted in an odd manner and the legs were splayed out and bending strangely, definitely broken. She was pale and her face was permanently affixed into an expression of horror.

He knelt down to the body and examined it a bit more closely.

"She didn't die by blunt force trauma, that I know. I don't seen anything other then the damage to her legs. Massive internal bleeding, she's too pale, the blood never had the chance to cycle through the rest of the body because it spilled into her internal organ cavity."

He gestured at a small puncture in the clothing that had a small amount of blood on it and not it a lethal area. However, it was located directly on top of a major nerve cluster.

"I don't see any other blood and that particular wound is not lethal as far as I can see. She screamed before she died though. Ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2013, 1:28 pm

Danni pulled off one of the gloves and smacked him lightly on the back of the shoulder and pointed to the yellow tape, "That is were all the pedestrians stand. Behind that."
She gave him a pointed look before turning back to her work. After pulling back on the glove, Danni lifted the head carefully and examined the back of the neck. There was a burn mark with the symbol of Hades at the base pf her skull. Danni sighed and put the head back down and closed her eyes. She stood and ducked under the tape. The girl handed the gloves back to the man she had gotten them from.
The woman who had been driving bent her head down and asked, "What happened?"
"Tell you in the car," Danni responded waiting for Etrius.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/10/2013, 7:31 pm

"Etrius gave a slight chuckle and proceeded towards the line when he suddenly stopped and looked over at a certain agent. The agent looked at him and they both stared at each other. The began walking and it ended with them almost butting heads, staring, one could almost see the sparks flying.

"Jim"

"Epsilon"

Silence reigned. Then Etrius broke out into a laugh.

"Well it's great to see you Jim. I see you got what you wanted eh?"

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too Epsilon, the guys back at the department were wondering when you would drop by again some time."

"Don't worry man, after I finish healing up this shoulder I'll drop in alrighty?"

"Alrighty man. Looks like the lady you came with is finishing up already."

"Aright man, see you round yo."

They fist bumped and Etrius walked over to the two. He got into the back of the vehicle and began fiddling with the bolt to his weapon, the safety was still on but the firing pin was engaged. This was probably going to get ugly. Of course, he wasn't going to step in unless absolutely necessary, Danni needed something to vent her anger and stress onto. Still, he couldn't shake the feeling he might need to fire his weapon.

"So guys, what's new?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/10/2013, 8:18 pm

Danni leaned back in the passenger seat, pinching the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger.
"Nothing much, just that we have a son of Hades who is a serial killer." She answered dropping her hand in her lap as the SUV pulled away from the scene. "One that happens to get rid of the ghosts before I have a chance to talk to them."
Danni dug her fingers into her palms out of frustration and the driver looked at her out of the corner of the eye and sighed.
"Guess we will just have to be creative and come up with a solution."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nice spot to watch anything   A nice spot to watch anything - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A nice spot to watch anything
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next