Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

[Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Empty
PostSubject: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 3:59 pm

It was a cold afternoon in January when Samuel Windsor stumbled up Half Blood Hill, confused as hell. The hill fit the goat boy's description of this so-called Camp, with a pine tree and a Greek arch. Still, he had no idea what he was doing, or why he was here, or what this place even was. It had taken him a week and a half of traveling and he was starving, battered, bruised and dirty, and all he wanted was a hot shower and a clean bed to lie down in and veg. He'd found a payphone a couple of days ago and had used it to call a number he'd thought to belong to Veronica after a bit of research at a random library, and he'd spoken with her for a minute before things went awry, and once he called back some asshat guy had picked up the phone and badmouthed him. He'd deserved it, but he didn't even know who this guy was.

Exhausted, Sam glanced around his perimeter for monsters, and upon finding none he pushed a gem on his sword and it contracted back into ring size. He slid it onto his finger and glanced around, taking a few steps forward. "Hello? Anyone here?" he called loudly. It seemed deserted.

Suddenly, in a poof of magical pink and gold glitter, Samuel was transformed. "What in the name of-" he murmured, cutting off upon glancing down at his outfit. He was wearing a pair of Sperry top-siders, along with and a red, white and blue plaid button-up shirt, tucked into khaki chinos beneath a navy blazer. He gaped at himself. He felt his head, and his hair had been perfectly combed and gelled, and he was pretty sure that he wasn't this clean before. He looked up and a glowing red heart appeared above his head, some sort of stamp. How gay bizarre, he thought, laughing under his breath even though he was incredibly confused. He just stood there, gaping at the symbol and the huge pine tree and the sign in Greek that he somehow understood to read "Camp Half Blood." Half blood? What did that mean?
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 7:26 pm

Cyril noticed a person step over the crest of the hill and suddenly a cloud of pink and gold dust shimmered around the figure and Cyril grinned as he realized that the guy was being claimed, yet Cyril didn't know what god or goddess was saying they were his parent. Hell, Cyril had just realized he was the son of the Norse goddess Nott. Of course his horse was a good way to realize that. Then Cyril noticed the guy on the hill seemed to be confused and that he held himself like someone ripped from a whole different world. Feeling a bit curious, Cyril decided to move forward.

As the son of Nott neared the guy, he noticed that the kid was a bit different, as if he wasn't American. Man he knew how that felt, since London was far different than America. As soon as the guy's voice echoed over the land Cyril knew that he wasn't normal. Hey, my name is Cyril. How exactly is it that you just went from a dirty person to a clean and rich looking snob? The obvious British accent was starting to leak through and Cyril was beginning to chuckle.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 7:36 pm

((Samuel has an accent but it's kind of odd, a mixture of a couple different things. Just noting that.))

Sam looked up as some amused British boy arrived atop the hill, questioning his presence. "Hello, I'm Samuel... Sam." He took a moment to look this boy over, and he wondered if all of the people here were British. "And I have no clue, it just kind of happened, I suppose," he concluded. "What is this place? I was told by some sort of goat-human hybrid that there was a refuge for me here, on Long Island, but I have no idea what this place is or why I'm here."
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 8:12 pm

Cyril finally couldn't stand it. Busting out in a full laugh, he started to explain. Well, first, the goat human hybrid is called a satyr and this refuge is indeed for people like you. This is Camp Half-Blood, home for all of us who are different in some way. Living here means that you are part god and that monsters from Hades, Tartarus actually, will attack you frequently. Now, judging from your attire, I would say you are probably a child of the goddess of love, Aphrodite. Finally having finished that, Cyril stopped laughing and wiped tears away from his eyes.

I'm Cyril Serberas, British prince, 10th from the throne. My godly parent is Nott, Norse goddess of darkness and the night. So, where is your home land? I can't figure out that accent right now. Cyril fingered the waist of his jeans, comfortably sagged, and realized that the chains he had just clipped to his belt were missing. As he started to move his hand toward the small bag on his hip, his fingers found the chain and part of his jacket brushed against the branded C on his wrist.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 9:33 pm

Well, this guy was obnoxious. "Why are you laughing at me as if I am a fool who beseeches you?" Sam asked him, wrinkling his nose in distaste; he tended to use unusual vocabulary due to his formal upbringing. Was this boy really a British prince? Tenth from the throne? Now it was Samuel's turn to chuckle. Was he really boasting about how he was tenth from the throne? He cleared his throat and forced himself to be civil.

"You say I'm a son of Aphrodite, which I suppose could be true, mostly due to that ridiculous fanfare..." he laughed lightly. "Pretty queer, that was, if you ask me. It is strange, though, because I have a mother, unless my father deceived me. He tended to do that frequently," he spoke, frowning. His frown only grew deeper as the boy asked him where he was from. He wasn't sure if he should tell the truth due to the nature of his situation, and so he only told part of the truth.

"My father was a European dictator over a small island off of the African coast, a British territory. He passed and I was meant to be in line for his position, but we were affected by a bad storm and our country was destroyed, many killed. Since we were small, so the prime minister abandoned us." Samuel shrugged. He was lying through his teeth, and he was good at it. His melancholy radiated through his voice and his eyes widened subconsciously as he spoke, as if looking for shared sympathy. "It was mostly my father's path in life, though. I'm not quite sure that I would have done him justice."

His eyes raked over Cyril's apparel. It was awful, cringe-worthy. He didn't understand many of the Americans, the girls showy with their breasts and midriff and the boys with their pants hanging near the floor. And the chains the males wore about themselves, it was as if they were symbolic of their enslavement to their culture! It disgusted him.

"But this 'camp,' as you call it, is a place where we are safe from the monsters? I've read a bit about Greek mythology in my studies, and I understand much of what you are talking about with Tartarus and the underworld, as well as who my mother is, and demigods, but I have never heard of a 'camp' where demigods can seek solace. Back home, a camp-" Sam cut himself off. Maybe he shouldn't talk about that right now. "Never mind. It makes no difference. I assume you are my designated guide, and you will be showing me around this 'camp?'"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/27/2013, 9:59 pm

Cyril looked at Sam as the words desigated guide escaped him. The whole formal growing up obviously wasn't all that had happened with this guy. He was beyond insane if he thought that Cyril would guide him around and explain the goings on in Camp. Hell, Cyril had only just gotten the hang of the cabins and training area. He hadn't even gone to the beach or anything yet. The Camp was still a mystery to him so there was no way he could show someone around the area.

Well, I guess Camp Half-Blood was formed some time ago by the trainer Chiron. It isn't known of to those who aren't demi gods or who don't know they are half deity. Anyhow, I do believe you are mistaken by the tour guide idea. I am only a camper who happened to be here at the time. I could help you around the area though, and maybe show you some of the things I know.

Cyril wasn't really sure as to why this prince, or whatever he was, was so stuck up. Yet the prince of England had to explain his reason for laughing. When I was laughing, it wasn't because you were doing anything funny. It was because you had been so confused and I had acted like I had no idea why you were here. The confusion was something I had felt when first coming here. It was just my attempt at shining some humor on the situation. Cyril moved to look out over the Camp and his sword hilt bounced against his thigh. The old sceptre design dug into his leg but the pain wasn't unknown. Suddenly the shadowy black form of Hrimfaxi appeared and the horse neighed in surprise.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/29/2013, 1:14 am

"Oh," was all Samuel had to say for a moment as he looked the boy over, deciding that he didn't seem as obnoxious as Sam had originally assumed him to be. "That wuld be nice, if you could show me around and get me settled here." He paused, looking around. There didn't seem to be much to the camp, though he couldn't tell as he hadn't been within it yet. It was so weird, he had thought himself to have a mother his whole life and he is only just now discovering that she was never his mother, at least biologically. He felt wronged. She had been wronged, if she had been led to believe that he was her son. And his father had been the man who had done the wronging, as was the usual. Anger flared in his chest, but he suppressed it and exhaled, looking back to the boy, Cyril, the tenth in line for the British throne. He cracked a smile. Maybe they could relate to each other, in some way... both were raised as royalty, but neither would ever live to take power.

"I apologize for assuming that you were laughing at me; I was too caught up in all of this to realize that you were joking," he explained, taking a step forward and standing beneath the Camp Half Blood arch. "Are we going, then?" he asked, suddenly eager to see what this whole camp thing was all about.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/29/2013, 6:50 am

((Foggy mind still but I will reply as best I can to this.))

Cyril grinned slightly as he thought about it for a little while. Then the son of Nott turned around toward the horse and pegasii stable. With a shrill whistle, Cyril called a pegasus to the hill. Then he swung a leg up over the saddle on Hrimfaxi's back and pointed a finger toward the cabins. That is the Cabins Courtyard as well as some other buildings around it. So, let's be off and I think we'll start there. The tour will start at the cabins and then head to the lake then the forest. After that we will go to the practice arenas and then head toward the infirmary so we can get you some necessary supplies as well as finish up the tour. Deciding to keep his weapon ready, Cyril took his hilt and made the blade shimmer into existance. Then the demigod clipped the sword back to his belt and started to trot toward the buildings down in the valley below.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/29/2013, 9:56 pm

Samuel gaped at the pegasus for a few seconds. "I'm supposed to ride that?" he asked incredulously. Of course, he'd been trained in horseback riding, but he'd never ridden a flying horse. "Your plan sounds fine, though," he said, and after thinking for a couple more seconds he shrugged and mounted the horse with more ease than he'd thought it would take. The horse was strong beneath him, its muscles firmer and more sinuous than those of a regular horse. He thought that he could get used to riding a pegasus, as long as it wasn't flying away yet.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/30/2013, 3:05 pm

Cyril felt the strong surge of muscles and sinew as Hrimfaxi suddenly burst into a gallop. Apparently the horse wasn't fond of slow movement and it was getting dark anyhow. With the shadows stretching around them, Cyril would be able to shadow travel at will if need be. Yet the English prince son of Nott didn't think that would be necessary. So, we are in the courtyard with all of the cabins around us. That large building over in the center-ish of the cabins is the Big House where Mr. D and Chiron stay. Cyril pointed to all of the cabins and then the large building as he explained all of them. Then he spun Hrimfaxi around toward the lake and started off at a brisk trot. No need to tire his mount out so soon, not that the horse would grow tired as easily as any other horse.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/31/2013, 1:49 am

Samuel tried to take in the camp setting as they rode, but the horse moved so quickly that the world blurred around him. It seemed nice; not too rustic but not formal, either. Cyril pointed things out to him at random, and Sam nodded. "Lots of cabins... how many gods are there, exactly, who have children?" he asked, perplexed as the horse slowed to match the pace of its companion.

((should we incorporate ronnie and rafael, soon? I need to post with her; I'll do it tomorrow as I'm dead tired))
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime1/31/2013, 9:52 pm

Cyril was just beginning to see the lake when he heard Sam ask about the gods and their children. It took him by surprise so much that he about flew off Hrimfaxi's back when the shadowy horse suddenly stopped. They were just past the infirmary and the horse was neighing in excitement, as if knowing there was something important around them. So, the son of Nott finally gave in and turned around partially so he could respond. Well, Sam, I don't exactly know hom many there are. The gods are older than any beings I have ever heard of and each of them came from another god. Take the Greeks for example: The titans came from the primordial titans who came from Chaos. After the titans came the Big Three gods; Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Along with them came several others. After that came the full godly children of these Big Three. Ares, Dionysus, and others came from that. Then there were demi god heros that eventually died but were granted the rights of gods. Now that this is said, we also have children of other myths such as the Norse, Egyptian, Hawaiian, and even some Roman. Each of these myths has their own set of gods and goddesses. So in essence, there is no exact amount known to us. Cyril glanced down at Hrimfaxi and spoke in an undertone. Now if only I could figure out why Hrimfaxi won't move. By the way, that particular pegasus has no name. So if you want you can name it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)   [Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Prince] Samuel has arrived (Dragon)
Page 1 of 1