Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daughter of Athena

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KatelynF

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/28/2012, 5:02 am

Demigod form:

Full name: Katelyn Rivers

Any nicknames?: Kate/ Katie

Years at Camp: 2 years

God and mortal parent: Athena and Nicholas Rivers

Date of birth: 6 August

Place of birth: Greensboro, North Carolina

Appearance:

Daughter of Athena Long_b11

Eye color: Grey like her mother

Hair(color, length, style, etc.): Chestnut brown hair (like her dad) to shoulder

Height: 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

Body type(tall, skinny, fat, etc.): Average

Distinct markings(freckles? Scars? Birthmarks? Etc.): a crescent birthmark on her right wrist

Personality(Are they angry, nice, friendly, unique, violent?): Usually, Kate's friendly and nice(except when she's dealing with jerks and dummies). She has many loyal friends, and her best friend is Angela, daughter of Zeus, who was also the younger twin sister of Tyler, Kate's current boyfriend. Kate's super smart with IQ above 170. Still, she's proud of her intelligence. She's ambitious and competitive. She can't stand to lose.

Style: She doesn't really care about her style. She puts on everything as long as they make her feel right and comfortable.

Powers**: Unknown
Fatal Flaw*: Overly confident in herself which always gets her into trouble. She always thinks that she's perfect and is able to do everything.

Flaws: Kate's afraid of spider and snakes(as the first two monsters she encountered - Kampe and Gorgon- are all related to snakes). She can't stand to lose which may makes her feel extremely frustrated.

Weapon(s): An owl pendant which will turn into a CB sword when Kate touches its beak

Pets:
An owl named Hedwig

Talents/Skills: Kate distincts in planning and anything academic. She's one of the few demigods who don't have dyslexia. She always knows what to do and what's the right choice to make. She's good at fighting and is an excellent sword-fighter.

RP Example*:
Walked across the border, she had finally arrived. For her dad's sake, she had to do this. This was only way to protect herself, AND her dad. Deep down her heart, she knew this was the right choice to make. She would succeed here, in Camp Half-Blood, like she did as usual.

Biography*:

Katelyn Rivers grew up in a perfect family, only that she didn't have a mum, and a dad who could always spend time with her. Her Dad always told her, since she was five, that her mum was a scientist, like him, who went on an adventure to Greece for the sake of scientific research - an adventure that she had never come back. But Kate thought, who would do research in Greece? She knew her dad was lying. She kept asking him about her mum, but her dad always said, "You know it, Kate. You should have known." She saw the sadness in her dad's eyes. Somehow, she understood how her dad feel - sad and lonely. She then stopped asking since then.

Kate's dad was always busying working on scientific research in his own lab at the university. He loved Kate very much, and has nurtured her into a great competitior both academically and athletically, as she requested. He sent Kate to a broading school when whe was 8, since he really couldn't take care of her well due to his work. He felt sorry but Kate had never complained. She knew her dad was doing the best for her. She succeeded at the broading school she was studying at, and was one of the most popular girl among teachers and students.

At the age of 13, Kate encountered her first monster, Kampe, who was her Science teacher at school named Mrs. Camp, in the Science lab. Kate eventually killed her by causing an explosion with the chemicals there, but was treated as a liar and troublemaker who set a fire in the lab by the staff and students at school, since no one remembered the existence of Mrs. Camp.

During the summer break of the same year which was two months after the Kampe incident, Kate encountered her second monster, a Gorgon, when she was having dinner at home with her dad. Kate and her dad ran as fast as possible away from that beast, but her dad was knocked out. She had never felt such frustrated - like a complete loser. She was almost killed when three teenagers (Toby the satyr, Angela and Tyler) wearing orange t-shirts appear. While Angela was taking care of her and her dad, the other two fought against the Gorgon, but they were losing. Kate thought to herself, she couldn't just stand here and do nothing. That's when she suddenly remembered what her dad said," You know it, Kate. You should have known.", and understood that all the bizarre things happened are related to her mysterious mum. In order to survive, Kate went to his dad's private lab down in the basement, and started making something flammable from what she read on a book that her dad gave to her on her 8th birthday, with the chemicals there. They finally killed the Gorgon when when Angela threw her sword at the Gorgon after Kate had threw the flask of flammable chemicals at it, causing it to catch fire.

Kate knew about the Camp Half-Blood and the fact that her mum is a Greek goddess, from her dad, Angela, Tyler and Toby. Kate knew, as she always did, Camp Half-blood was where she should go. She had to go there in order to keep her and her dad safe. So, she followed the trio to the Camp Half-Blood.

Kate was claimed by Athena at the night she arrived the Camp. She became best friends with Angela, and dated with Tyler, who was impressed by her intelligence, a year later since her arrival at Camp-Half-blood. She was a year-rounder in the first year, but only stayed there in summer after that.

Last edited by KatelynF on 8/30/2012, 5:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://campsfordemigods.home-forums.com/forum
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/28/2012, 6:42 pm

Pretty decent form!

We don't generally allow future sight or mind reading, so that will have to change. Most children of Athena have no powers whatsoever, with few exceptions.

Is her sword celestial bronze?

For future reference, we have a no swear word rule, so please refrain from the use of terms like "dumbass." Also, please refrain from using the word "n" rather than and, we' try to promote proper grammar. Sorry about that!

But an owl named Hedwig omg omg omg so awesome

Also for future reference, please try to submit your form in the "Unapproved Character Forms" forum instead of the "Character Forms" one.

Other than that, this is okay.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
KatelynF

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/28/2012, 10:53 pm

Edited Very Happy

I've deleted the mind-reading part, but can I keep the future-foreseeing part? (it can be related to Athena owing to the fact that Athena's children should have some great insights and visions, right?) I really really really want my character to have it Rolling Eyes

Yes, it's a CB sword.

dumbass Arrow dummie
Is it OK? (by the way, sorry for the short forms and swear words. changed already Smile)

Hedwig:D (oh yeah, I'm a Potterhead!)

Actually I don't know how to submit my form to the "Unapproved Character Forms" / "Character Forms". Can you help me with that?

Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/28/2012, 11:00 pm

Dummy is fine, pretty much any word that isn't a swear is. As much as I would love to allow your character the future-forseeing part, I must say no since it doesn't work out well, it promotes power playing/god modding, and there's a specific rule against it in the rules topic. (Note to self: make a simpler rules topic). If you must have your character have a special power, you could choose another god parents, but I would suggest leaving it alone for this child of Athena and creating a different character with powers since this form is good already. If you want your child to have powers, I advise you to first find a god parent and think of cool powers their children could feasibly have before creating your character, it helps a lot!

And to submit it to "Unnaproved Character Forms," simply click on the forum on the site's home page and click the "New Topic" link in the top left corner of your screen and submit your form there.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
KatelynF

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/29/2012, 12:00 am

edited again.
I still keep the future-foreseeing part but has added more limits to it after taking references from other approved characters that it's no longer power-playing or god modding.
Would it be feasible now?
thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/29/2012, 12:15 pm

I'm sorry Katelyn, the rules say that we cannot have a future seeing character. Also, the god of oracles is Apollo not Athena. Athena has great foresight for strategies and architecture but not for the future. Add that to the fact that an admin said no to the power and that it would be best without a power that means that this isn't acceptable. Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Liz

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/29/2012, 2:15 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
KatelynF

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/30/2012, 5:23 am

edited:)
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime8/30/2012, 11:01 am

I'll approve this under a couple conditions. 1) With your RP Example, I noticed that you need help. Go to the help forum to learn how to rp. 2) If you want powers then discuss it with the admins and they will try to accommodate. And 3) No power-play. If you have questions then ask them.

Approved
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Daughter of Athena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter of Athena   Daughter of Athena Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daughter of Athena
Page 1 of 1