Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Empty
PostSubject: Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!   Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Icon_minitime7/25/2012, 1:38 pm

Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Elizabethgelies
Zelda's History
When Zelda was born, her mother was young. The little girl grew up like any other in her small town of Haggard on the East Coast of Dublin. Zelda loved Ireland. It was her home. She loved it when her mother would take her around the country at times. To see the Giant's Causeway, to hunt for leprechauns, to see the rivers and capitols. There was one thing that bothered her: the knowledge that her mother didn't know who her father was.

At the age of eight, Zelda's mother was contacted by her father to send Zelda to a special camp at Long Island, New York in America. It seemed as though her mother, as scared as she was, couldn't help but send her eight year old daughter away. So across the Atlantic she went to land at Westchester County Airport, New York. Met by a man in a wheel chair and a group of three demigods, Zelda was taken to Camp Halfblood.

At the age of eleven, Zelda's mother put her foot down. She paid out for her daughter to attend a boarding school in Northern Scotland. Zelda soon grew tired of her school. She missed her friends and fellow unclaimed misfits. The eleven year old went to school and stayed there until half of the first term of her second year. It was then that her friends, both unclaimed demigods, helped her decide to get away from it and find out who their parents were.

After a few weeks of hiding and stowing away and going from country to country in Europe, Zelda became separated from her friends in Amsterdam when they accidentally wandered into the Red Light District. Zelda was cornered by a gang of men who wanted one thing and one thing only. Stinking of alcohol, one of the men grabber her elbow and another stamped on her foot, punching her in the gut. That was when the hand on her elbow pulled her away. Keeping Zelda behind him, a young man by the name of Demetri fought off every single one of those men. Zelda collapsed a few seconds after due to lack of food and water... and the fact a rogue glass bottle hit her on the head.

Waking up inside a tent on a fold away camp bed with a bandage around her head and stomach, Zelda found herself with a group of people around her inside a tent which appeared to be an infirmary. Zelda had found the Circus of Horrors. Demetri himself was a freak. He couldn't feel pain and his act included a lot of blood.

Making the decision to stay with the Circus of Horrors, Zelda was given a job in the Carnival of the Bizarre. Selling trinkets and things until one day... Zelda was claimed. A random man appeared at the camp one day and even passed Zelda as she spoke to some of the freaks of the circus who were closer to her own age. The man spoke to the ring leader and as soon as he passed by Zelda again, Zelda felt a searing pain on her wrist. Scared and covering it up, she left her friends to investigate. What she found was a mark. A mark that she recognized as the helm of darkness. It was then that Zelda knew her father had claimed her.

Her powers started to surface little by little. Naturally thin, Zelda was learning how to walk a tight rope anyway. but when she got nervous in the middle of the rope, she disappeared in a puff of black smoke (which were actually shadows) only to reappear safely on the ground again.

Zelda learned tricks and tips throughout her stage career. She became a good acrobat, using the rope to her advantage to scare the audience into think she'd fall. As they hardly ever used a net anymore with Zelda, there were very few times when her power would not work. Life at the circus was one where Zelda was often mistreated or even the one mistreating another. But things always worked out, whether in her favour or not.

Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Elizabeth-Gillies-elizabeth-gillies-12416772-400-300
Zelda Kane
"I'm going away for a while
But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
Cause I'll return as soon as possible"
~Paramore, Misguided Ghosts

Name: Zelda Kane
Age/Birthday: 16/August 30th
God Parent: Hades
Claimed: Yes
Mortal Family: Mirielle Kane (living, aged 36)
Years in Camp: 4
Powers: Zelda can shadow travel for several miles. Side effects can be splinching (where she can lose a limb or just be cut/scratched), drowsiness, hunger, thirst. She can do the whole seven miles once a day. Zelda can also summon a skeletal guard twice a day by stabbing the ground with her sword. Guard sticks around for ten minutes before crumbling to dust. She gets weaker and clumsier when they appear. She can also feel nautious if they wander too far (like fifteen yards away)
Physical Appearance: Pale with dark hair, Zelda likes to dress like a goth. Her hair is usually seen long and curled with streaks of colour through them (usually green or light pink). She loves to wear boots and will usually be seen in steel toe caps or New Rocks. When she doesn't wear boots, she wears whatever looks good with her outfit. Zelda also coordinates her make up to make her look paler and a little more freaky. She has muted bluey green eyes.
Personality: She's an oddball. She's a very creepy oddball. Used to circus life with freaks as scary as those, Zelda has a twisted personality. Sarcastic, insulting and often cynical, Zelda likes to be the person stabbing you repeatedly just so she can see pain. She does have her moments of kindness, though. She'll help someone when they couldn't possibly get back up from being kicked so far into the dirt that they leave face indents. Zelda has a fear of spiders and of heights.
Fatal Flaw: Zelda's main flaw is that she is scary. From her mannerisms to her speech to the creepy little things she knows.
Pets: N/A
Talents: She is quick with good agility and reflexes. She can sing and draw.
Weapons: Stygian iron sword, SI knife (kept in boots) and bow.
Year-Round or Summer: Year rounder
Other: FC- Elizabeth Gillies

RP Example

The music was in her head. Eyes were on here. So here she was, walking the tight rope in leathers. Her hair was down and loose and her face was covered by a Shakespearean style mask. She breathed slowly and focused. She bent her legs and sprang, catching the rope with her hands as she fell and swinging herself up so she stood on her hands on the rope. She had them now.

Zelda swung again, landing on the rope with her feet again before cartwheeling. The audience thought she'd fall as she backflipped. But before she could land... she wasn't even there. Zelda stood up tall, hiding a cut palm behind her back and fighting the urge to yawn and stretch. She smiled and bowed before exiting the ring.

Last edited by Danny Phantom on 7/25/2012, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!   Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Icon_minitime7/25/2012, 5:07 pm

How much do the skeletal guards drain her?
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!   Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Icon_minitime7/25/2012, 5:11 pm

KNew I left something out. Thanks. OK... She gets weaker and clumsier when they appear. She can also feel nautious if they wander too far (like fifteen yards away)
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!   Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Icon_minitime7/25/2012, 5:13 pm

Approved. I love her history, by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!   Zelda and the Cirque du Horror! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zelda and the Cirque du Horror!
Page 1 of 1