Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting Food

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 9:57 am

the worst things in life come free to us.

Damaris walked into the mess hall, her shoulders slouched over in a kind of defensive stance. She hoped it would keep people from wanting to talk to her; she wasn't in the mood for people at that moment.

After she got a plate of food (spaghetti with meat balls), she sat down at the other gods table and started to eat. She wasn't exactly paying much attention to the whole eating process. It was a routine thing, and she found it all too easy for her to drift off into the world of her thoughts.

She knew it would be difficult, adjusting to life at camp. The satyr who took her, who's name she had forgotten by then, had accidentally let slip about her life previous to camp, and she couldn't stand the sympathetic looks she got from people. She hated how they told her that things would be "better now that you're here" and that she was in a "safe place" and that "life would be easier." She didn't want people to treat her with pity, she wanted them to treat her with respect.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 10:14 am

Getting Food Blonde-emo-hair-boys-330x439

Richard ~|~ Sandi~|~ Shine
Do ~|~ you ~|~ really?
s o n ~|~ O F ~|~ Chione

Richard walks in, totally confused. He had sworn to never go back in the woods, for he had just about broken his arm there. Richard got a plate-full of meat. Tacos, hamburgers, hotdogs, sloppy joes, ect. He sat down at the Other Gods table, because that's where Richard believed he belonged. He saw like one other person at the table. Richard was completely social, but what the heck? It was a girl. "Hello. How are you?"

Richard studied the girl (Damaris). He saw how she looked a bit goth, and Richard liked that. If she was cold enough to tell him 'go away' or something, she would be his type. Richard guessed she was new at camp. ''Hello, I am Richard Sandi Shine. I am a son of Chione. And you are?"Richard asked. He got up, and pulled his plate over. He ate, then went over to get a drink. Richard got coke, and took it back to his tray. He finished, then started to drink the coke.

Richard tapped his foot, singing along to One Direction for some reason. He guessed his girlfriend must of got him crazy or something. Richard continued to tap his foot. He looked up at the girl.
    "Sorry. I got One Direction songs stuck in my head from my old girlfriend. Do you like One Direction?" Richard asked. He hoped she did. Richard looked at the time. It was about nine. Richard had to get back to his cabin soon. He didn't wanna miss his new show. Yes, Richard did watch my Babysitter's a Vampire. But, he never told anyone. Richard knew it came on at eight tonight, so maybe he could still spend some time with this girl. He smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://ultramythcamp.forumotion.com/
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 1:58 pm

Damaris looked up at the boy, who was apparently named Richard. Instead of responding to anything he said, she just stared at him, assessing him. He was good looking enough, his white hair going into his eyes. She couldn't see them hanging out at all, though, which could just be because she could see herself hanging out with anyone.

When he asked her if she liked One Direction, Damaris simply raised an eyebrow at him. Damaris was pretty sure it was obvious that she wasn't the type to like One Direction. Apparently it wasn't. That or Richard was just that dense.

"No," she said, wincing slightly at the gravely sound of her voice. She wasn't positive, but she was pretty sure that it had gotten worse since she started smoking. Still, she sounded like she had been smoking her entire life by the age of ten, which made it even more odd that she could sing.

After her short response, Damaris went back to eating her food. She wasn't in the mood for conversation, but then again, when was she ever in the mood for conversation? Damaris couldn't really remember a time when she wanted to talk to someone for a long period of time. Well, there was her mother, but she doubted she'd ever see her again. Her mother was practically crazy. She didn't realize it at the time, thought everyone else was just making it up, but Damaris realized that it was true. Her mother was crazy and paranoid and probably tripped and impaled herself on one of the stakes she had set up around the house so she could 'fight off the vampires'.

'What kind of grown woman believes in vampires, anyways?' she wondered as she ate her pasta, her eyes scanning the mess hall. She wished Richard would go away. His presence felt to pressing, almost heavy. But Damaris always felt that way around people who expected conversation from her.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 2:44 pm

Do ~|~ you ~|~ really?
s o n ~|~ O F ~|~ Chione

Richard looked at her. Not much of a talker, eh? He respected that. Richard flipped his hair out of his eyes. He understood she did not want to speak. Richard walked away. While going, he noticed a bunny pass by. He saw his coke can. Richard made it snow inside of the can, and grabbed it. Richard threw the freezing cold can at the bunny. It fell. Looks like it was dinner time. "Hey, girl, wanna come skin a bunny with me? It could make a little hat for a freezing cold day." Richard smiled.

Richard grabbed the frozen coke bottle and the bunny. He brought it over to the girl.
    "Ready?" Richard knew she didn't, but what the heck? He liked being mean. But, he felt something for this girl. What was this feeling? It wasn't hatred, like normal. Richard actually felt happy. He grabbed the bunny and walked over to a nymph. "Gimme some matches." Richard grabbed some and went outside.

He got some old wood and looked up. Richard noticed the oak wood trees. He smiled and climbed up it. Richard picked some more wood. He threw the wood down to the ground. Richard went down from the tree and gathered the wood. He lit it on fire with a match. He sighed and skinned the bunny with a piece of sharp wood. He put the meat on the fire. Richard looked around. He got a stick, poked it in it, and twirled it. It roasted. He knew this was sick, that's why he liked it.

Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/29/2012, 6:44 pm

Damaris couldn't help but watch in disgust as Richard suggested skinning the bunny. She didn't think he would, of course. Who did that sort of thing? Damaris hadn't met anyone who she thought would do that. Now even...no. She wouldn't think of him. He was gone from her life.

Damaris knew that doing something like that was evil, killing a bunny. She knew she wasn't much better, because, yeah, she just ate meat. But she hadn't had a decent meal for years before arriving at camp. But she had nothing better to do, so she followed the boy, figuring he'd end up wimping out.

But then Richard got the matches from the nymph ('Since when do nymphs have matches, of all things?' Damaris wondered), skinned the bunny, and started roasting it over the fire. Damaris could feel her stomach churning, and she started to regret having lunch, because it felt like it would be coming up pretty soon.

"You're a monster," she said, and she was surprised by how quiet her voice was. But Richard just reminded her so much of him, killing innocent things just so he could get something. Just for the sake of hurting people. And, yeah, he didn't kill people, more like things such as someone's innocence, and Richard killed a living thing, but the resemblance was clear.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/30/2012, 9:16 am

Do ~|~ you ~|~ really?
s o n ~|~ O F ~|~ Chione

This girl was a bit.....lighter than Richard had though. He knew skinning a bunny was wrong, but when your parents have no money to buy a winter jacket, you kinda have to skin something. And the bunny was the closest thing to being soft. Richard just acted like he wanted the meat. He didn't wanna look even stupider just skinning the bunny. He sighed. "I'm sorry."

Richard took the bunny meat and froze it. He put it up in a tree, so another animal would eat it. Richard wouldn't do this again. "May I know your name? I'm done being sick." Richard smiled. He took the bunny hide. Ehh, maybe he would make someone else a coat. Richard shrugged gently. He put his hands up to the fire. He actually enjoyed this. Richard looked at the girl. He indeed maybe did like her, but would he tell? Heck, no.

Richard looked up in the sky, looking at an owl swooping by. It was a nice color. It reminded Richard of all the times he went hunting in the winter. Before Richard was claimed, he actually kind-of wanted to be an Apollo or Artemis kid. He knew Artemis didn't have kids, because she didn't believe in love for a man. But, Apollo, it could be possible. Richard always enjoyed snow, so that really was possible to be a Chione kid.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime6/30/2012, 3:20 pm

Damaris hoped that a look of confusion didn't flash across her face. She was confused, if she were to be honest. Monsters don't change that quickly. She knew about monsters, sickos, and just about every type of sick person you find on the streets, and not once had she witnessed them switching so quickly from being a monster to being, well, normal.

Completely disregarding Richard's question, Damaris said, "You're either very good at acting or not a monster at all. No monster changes like that. I know."

It felt like she was telling him too much about her. Nobody knew that Damaris knew how monsters act. They didn't know how many days she had spent, trying to judge whether or not she could trust the man in the fancy black car with the dark tinted windows or the man who actually showed his face, dressed in fine clothes. They didn't know that she had to decide between people by trying to see which one would hurt her less.

But she figured that she was vague enough. It could be taken that she was abused at home, or that she was bullied at school, or maybe she had really mean coworkers or an a**hole of a boss. People tended to try and stay away from thinking about people like Damaris. She was thankful for that, because there was no way she would be found out. She refused to be found out, and she refused to reveal herself.

Damaris shoved her hand deep into her pocket, running her finger pads over the smooth plastic of the lighter she kept in her pocket. She was itching for a smoke, a drink, anything, really. Just something to ease the heavy weights off of her shoulders. They had been there all week, since she arrived at the camp. Damaris almost wished she hadn't come. Sure, it was more difficult on the streets, but life at camp was so...stifling. Besides, she only had about a year left to be there, and she hadn't died before. She just didn't see the point.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 2:39 pm

Do ~|~ you ~|~ really?
s o n ~|~ O F ~|~ Chione

Richard looked at the girl sadly. He probably looked like an idiot. The idiot got up and started walking away. He was so sorry. First of all, he was annoying the girl, second of all, he looked like a monster. He looked back at her when she said he changed. "I'm just not meant to be in this camp."

Richard walked into the Mess Hall, trying to find the exit. He wasn't proud of himself right now. Richard had changed. He realized how cruel he was. But, if he told people he wasn't cruel anymore, they wouldn't believe him. Richard sat down and looked at his hurting leg. Richard looked around. Stupid Chione claiming him. Why couldn't he be an Apollo kid? Richard got up and walked out of the exit. He looked back. He sighed and sat.

Richard fell asleep. He was only out for a couple minutes, when he heard a noise. A monster noise. Richard gasped as a giant bird swooped down. Swiftly. Richard got his CB knife and ran. Richard went inside the Mess Hall, where he thought he might be safe, but the monster came in. He needed to protect that girl. Richard hopped over a table, throwing his knife at the monster. It ended up hitting a nymph in the head. That was a bad move. Richard looked at the monster. He didn't have a weapon. He'd die right now if he didn't act. Richard saw the girl. He growled and tackled the monster down.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 1:54 am

Damaris rolled her eyes slightly at Richard's dramatic moment. She'd expected Defying Gravity to start playing or something, because, really, that was the most dramatic song there is. And Richard, well, he definitely seemed to be one for drama. Damaris didn't think she belonged in camp, either, but she didn't go around telling people she barely knew that.

With a slight shrug, Damaris walked back into the mess hall, sitting back down at her table to finish eating. She wished they had some...stronger drinks at camp, but she heard about the alcohol ban. That was one of the first things she heard about. Nearly as soon as she did, Damaris found herself locking herself up in a stall in the bathroom, grabbing the bottle of cheap a** vodka she had stuffed in her bag and taking a long swig of the liquid, enjoying the feeling of the burn in her throat.

It was like the Fields of Punishment, not being able to drink. Absolutely awful. She could feel her skin crawling, sweating, and she could feel her stomach churning. She had finished off the cheap a** bottle of vodka, and she hardly had the money to make it to New York and get a bottle of vodka and come back. She only had enough for the way there. She guessed she could walk, but she was positive that wouldn't be enjoyable. She decided maybe she'd go into the city, sing on a street corner of something, because she was done with what she had been doing. Maybe. Was she? Damaris wasn't sure. She might go back to it. She didn't want to, but the pay was just too good.

Damaris was just starting to relax when she heard a noise and saw Richard run in. A monster - some type of bird thing - flew in behind him, watching as Richard threw his knife at it, but missed miserably, hitting the poor nymph from earlier in the head. Then Richard tackled the bird-monster-thing, and the only thing Damaris thought was, 'He's no monster, he's just an idiot.'

Sighing, Damaris pulled her bow off of her back, then an arrow out of her quiver and nocked it, before she released the arrow, letting it fly into the monster. It let out one last screech as it exploded all over Richard, and Damaris snickered a bit before sauntering over to him. "I have decided that you're just an idiot," she said, a smirk playing at her lips. It wasn't the most friendly look, but hardly anything looked friendly on Damaris. It just wasn't her look.

"Now if you'll excuse me, Richard," she said, putting emphasis on his name, as if that would highlight the fact that she knew something about him but he knew nothing about her, "I have a city to attend to." With that, Damaris exited the mess hall. She had decided she'd take a trip to New York City, spend the night with some man who had money, and then spend half of it on alcohol and drugs, the other half on getting back to camp. And a pack of cigarettes. She needed a fix.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 3:35 pm

Do ~|~ you ~|~ really?
s o n ~|~ O F ~|~ Chione

Richard looked at her slightly irritated. In the past minute, he had been called an idiot, and looked like a loser. This was why he never dated girls. Richard growled loudly and left. "Stupid girl."
Back to top Go down
Gravity
Demigod
Gravity

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime7/18/2012, 6:45 pm

I walk in and grab a sandwich. I look for a table and sit down. I EAT the sandwich and leave to my cabin
Back to top Go down
http://www.halfbloodhaven.freeforums.com
wolfkillerjr9832

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime11/24/2015, 9:49 pm

I walk in and grabs a sald and a soup bowl.And sets down in a table and starts to eat the bowl of soup and the sald.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Food   Getting Food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Food
Page 1 of 1