Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An unexcpected encounter.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

An unexcpected encounter. Empty
PostSubject: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/4/2011, 8:14 pm

(basing Jotunheimr after how it's described in the Sea of Trolls if you've ever read it.)

Jotunheimr was a bizare place. I t was a magic filled world where evrything is bigger. Like a pig in the mortal world is normal size, but a pig in Jotunheim would be twice that size. Even the plants here were gaint. A small flower in the mortl could be as big as an eagle here. What made Jotunheimr even more bizare was its geography. At points it could be a lush forest, but as you got deeper it turned into a frozen wasteland where the tempatures drop belowe 0 degrees celsius. What made the place even worse though was tis was the home of the Jotuns, some people know them as trolls. Why Anundr wanted to go there no one will ever know.

Anundr had always ehard about Jotunheimr and fortunitly he lived only a few miles away from one of the ways into Jotunheim. So, why not go there. He packed a few supplies and and his celestial bronze hammer. As he left his house he took one look back thinking he won't be there for a long, then he left.

Anundr took a bus for a few miles and then walked the rest. He could tell when he entered the realm of the gaints by when he noticed a snail the size of a boar. He shuddered at the thing as he kept moving. He was in the first part of Jotuheimr which in this case was a large forest. Even though he wasn't attacked yet he knew it would happen soon.

Anundr kept walking until he noticed the sun was setting. He figured he would find a place to set up camp. As he was doing so he heard the sound of crunching leaves behind him. He quickly turned and pulled out his hammer, and before him stood an animal that resembled a wolf except that it was the size of a bear. It growled at Anundr, and in turn Anundr scowled at the animal, and then the animal pounced.

The animal leapt at Anundr and pinned him to the ground. Anundr though caught the animals bite with his hammer, so he was able to knock the animal off of him. The wolf growled again and leapt at Anunder scratching his arm. Anundr screamed and with battle rage he smashed his hammer into the wolf. The animal hit the ground and wimpered. Anundr walked over to the wolf where he made the killing blow.

Anundr leaned againt a tree holding his arm. There was a deep gash there, but night was coming quick so Anundr unpacked his bag and took out a large gause bandage, which he wrapped on his arm. He quickly whent around collecting wood and by nightfall he had a fire, which he was now sitting by.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/6/2011, 2:55 pm

Thunder rumbled in the distance as night fell over Jotunheimr, making it dark and dreary-looking. A tall, strong man had entered just moments ago, wearing a dark cloak with a large hammer visible in his hand. Raising his hand, the thunder stopped, and he pulled off the hood of his cloak to reveal a full head of unkempt blond hair. Thor, Norse god of thunder and lightning, gazed over the dark landscape and smiled slightly. It had been a long time since he'd entered Jotunheimr, busy visiting northern Europe just for old time's sake, but now he was back visiting the home of the Giants, some of his oldest enemies.

Thor hung his hammer on his belt and proceeded through the forest, uncaring of whether or not he would be attacked. He always had his hammer at his side, giving him a sense of protection as well as pride for his strength. He ducked under a tree branch, spotting a very big snail, almost the size of a boar. Thor chuckled, not very surprised at the size. He'd seen dogs the size of bears and bears the size of elephants here. Nothing seemed to surprise Thor in Jotunheimr anymore.

As Thor walked through the forest, ducking under branches or simply breaking them with his arms, he heard something like the howl of a wolf. Well, he thought, it was nighttime and wolves did like to wander at night. He stroked the beard on his chin and kept going, breaking off a tree branch and throwing it aside. The tree wouldn't miss it; most of the trees were much larger than mortal ones. He paused upon hearing the crackling of a fire, sensing something close by.

Thor frowned. It could have been just an animal, but something told Thor that it was something almost human. Almost? He listened for a moment to the fire crackling, then flipped his hood over his head and proceeded towards the sound. After about three more minutes of walking, he could see a fire as well as a shadow of somebody sitting there. It wasn't as large as a giant, more like a mortal-- but wait, what was a mortal doing here? He scratched his cheek and stood there, wondering, when he realized it wasn't just a mortal there-- it was a Norse demigod. In fact, it was one of his very own sons.

He smiled, watching the fire before proceeding to walk towards the boy -- Anundr, Thor remembered his name was. "Hello, son."
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodmania.rpg-board.net
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/6/2011, 3:31 pm

The fire crackled as it let out all of it's warmth onto Anundr. He wasn't even aware of the god approaching him until thhe god spoke. Anundr quickly turned his head to see who had just called him son. It was a tall man with a hood on.

Anundr stared at the man for a moment, before he realized that this man was Thor. This god was his father. Why would he be in Jotunheimr though. Anundr rubbed his eyes just thinking about it. He stod up after another moment of staring at his father.

"Father," Anundr said with a bow. He was still suprised to see his father. He thought he never would. He knew his dad was a god hence his stay at Camp Half-Blood, but he figured his father would never take to time to visit him. But, here was, hammer at side, standing in front of Anundr.

Anundr rubbed his eyes again to make sure he wasn't dreaming, which he wasn't. So, this was his father. His looked just like he imagined he would look... with a hood on.

"Father what are you doing in Jotun country?" Anundr asked.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/6/2011, 3:45 pm

Thor watched Anundr carefully as he stood up and was rubbing his eyes, like he was surprised. He frowned slightly-- why should he be surprised? Oh, wait, god status. Right. Thor pulled off the hood, brushing some twigs off his sleeves as he examined Anundr closely. A fine boy he was, tall and strong, a natural warrior like most Norse children were. In fact, perhaps all demigods were deep inside, but Thor didn't really understand how some of the short, little Greeks could be so mighty. Perhaps it was strategy-- the Norse had that too, but it could easily be jeopardized by one little mistake.

He chuckled, scratching his beard while laying his other hand on his hammer. His son had a hammer too, but that was only natural for a child of his. He wondered what his other children were doing at that moment.... Probably asleep in camp, or fighting some little Greek child.

"Well, Anundr," Thor replied in his deep, almost fatherly-sounding voice, "what are you doing here, hm? Why are you not at camp with the rest of the Norse demigods and the Greeks? I'm just visiting Jotun country for sentimental reasons. After all, the wretched giants live farther on, and I decided that perhaps I might bother them as they have bothered the Norse gods for centuries." He rubbed his hands together, feeling a little cold, and thus stepped closer to the fire. "Don't look so surprised," Thor added after a moment's pause. "You'd run into the strangest things here in Jotun country. I'm only the start."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/6/2011, 4:54 pm

Anundr lowered his head a little. He knew why he wasn't at camp. He knew alright. All the kids there were dishonorable, and they fought as such. Or, at least, it was like that in Anundr's case.

"Camp has not been honorable to me," Anundr said with a little disgust, "They use dirty tatics, and they play dirty tricks."

Anundr was getting slightly mad just thinking about why he left camp. It felt like just yesterday that he left though, and now he's here in Jotun country. He was kinda suprised though that his dad was here just to meddle with the Jotuns. It seemed like good fun, but if Anundr tried to do omething like that he would probably die, which is not good.

Anundr figured he should say something before things get awkward, but he felt that his father would respond before it got awkward.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/6/2011, 7:15 pm

"Dishonorable, hm?" Thor mused, rubbing his hands some more-- this time, however, it was because this was a rather interesting case. "Camp is safer for you than the outside world. Even I'm telling you this, and I tell you this because I care for you. The monsters will grow larger and some day one will overpower you, and alas, I may not be able to help you."

He sighed, sitting down beside the fire. He threw in a few broken tree branches, watching the fire burn. It flickered, sending shadows across the little area they were in. "Dirty tactics. The battle styles change after time, Anundr. If you don't keep up with those changes you may as well stop fighting entirely, because many will adopt the new forms and you will be left with the old, the basically obsolete. Think about it. It would be like guns being invented and then every land is using them, but your country still use swords. What good would it do if you used swords and daggers? You wouldn't be able to defeat as many of your enemies; in fact, you'd probably die within an hour of entering the field."

Thor pulled his cloak closer to him and gestured for Anundr to sit back down beside him. "'Dirty' trickery and tactics is the new style, and I'm not so surprised. Trickery may give you an edge over your opponent, which is good in this world. The Greeks use it, and the Egyptians are probably adapting to it. Why should the Norse be left behind?"
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/7/2011, 12:10 am

Anundr knew his father's words were true. Yes, even though there were a few crazies at Camp, they were still safer bear sized wolves, and he knew, like his father said, that there were even worst monsters out there. Anundr had even heard tales of elephant sized eagles living Jotunheimr.

Anundr continued to listen to his father speak. He sat down next to his father after seeing his gesture. His father was speaking truth, but he was also a god. Gods mostly spoke the truth, sure there were some liers amongst them and they were capable of lieing, but Anundr knew it wasn't the case now.

"Yes father, but how do I adapt to fighting against those who use magic and powers. I can't just acquire them overnight like a gun or a fiighting style," Anundr said staring into the fire, "and also I thought we don't use trickery, because we were Norse. We are supposed to be the most honorable and the best fighters."

Anundr took a breath, and then he turned his head to look at the night sky.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 5:50 pm

"Most honorable and best," Thor mused, looking at the sky with Anundr. He sighed, feeling slightly proud his son felt this way. "I suppose we are the most spirited, Anundr, but I cannot say the best. Some Egyptians can overpower the Greeks, some Norse can overpower Egyptians, and so forth. In a way, all the gods are equal in power and in who believes in them."

Thor played with his hammer handle at his side, and drew it out, examining it with pride. "This hammer, Anundr, is magical. Anything that touches a god or is related to one is magical, but those who use powers are simply gifted. You can, Anundr, fight against those using magic and powers the way my brethren and I have for centuries-- use some of your own.... Now, do not wonder why I am telling you this, for like I have said before, anything that touches a god or is related to one is magical. You have been gifted, perhaps not with powers, but with natural battle skills and instincts. Those skills and instincts aren't magical, but they help you greatly in battle, perhaps as much as certain powers people use."

Thor turned his face back to the warm fire, feeling it flickering. He added a few more sticks and leaves to keep it up a little longer, then continued on his lecture: "Those who use powers are simply using advantages. A good warrior will always find a good advantage in battle, whether it be a setting they know well or perhaps an eye for weak spots. Trust me, you will find some against those who use their powers in the camp. You are my son, and I know you are a good, intelligent warrior."

Thor remembered vaguely some of his older demigod sons, but he'd never really lectured them like this. In fact, he didn't really remembering talking to any of them; the only children he'd ever talked to were his godly ones.... Did he have godly ones? A clunk on the head back in Europe had messed up his memory. "To address the apparent disuse of trickery with the Norse, that is true, we Norse rarely use trickery. Normally we use head-on charges, but in these days none of those work, and we don't want to get more injured than needed." He chuckled. "We have begun to use it more, much to Loki's pride. However, I try using everything but trickery in battle, thus using it only when absolutely required."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 9:48 pm

Anundr's jaw dropped hearing his father. All his life he had believed that the Norse were the best and the most honorable, but now his father was saying both the demi-gods and the gods are equal. Anundr just didn't know what to say to that.

Anundr watched as his father then lectured him about his hammer. Well of course it was magical it was the weapon of a god. Why should it not be magical, but Anundr shook his head. He knew that wasn't he point of the lecture. He stared into the fire. He knew he was special for having a father who is god, but magical was a whole nother thing.

Anundr then thought again as his father continued to speak. He was a good warrior and he would prove to be the best, but that means he would have to do like his father says, and he will have to find weaknesses.

Anundr nodded at his father's statement on trickery. He didn't like using it either, for it seemed dishonorable. Hopefully he wouldn't have to get as low as the other demi-gods. Hopefully his oponents would be just as honorable.

Anundr then turn to his dad after he was done speaking. "Thanks dad," he said, "Your words are true which they should be since you are a god, but still I'm lucky to had such a noble and smart father."

Anundr continued to stare at his father before continuing and asking, " I'll take your advice and I'll head back to camp, but before I do is there any foes you would want to fight with me against here?"

"Otherwise I think I'll get some shut eye, and then in the morning I'll head away from Jotunheimr," he said.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/11/2011, 3:47 pm

"Foes?" Thor mused, interested in the idea of seeing his son fight-- but then, noticing a bandage on Anundr's arm, quickly dismissed the idea. "No, no. You are injured, and getting better should be on your mind right now. After all, you should save your strength in case a monster decides to attack you on the way to camp-- the monsters in Jotunheimr, amusing as they may be to fight, may injure you worse than that wound to your arm there."

Thor nodded matter-of-factly, feeding the fire to make it burn brighter, even though Anundr had mentioned going to sleep. It was very dark around them, he noticed, tossing a dead leaf into the fire. It burned up rather quickly, as if it had long given up life. Which was probably the case.

Thor put his hammer back on his belt, then drew the cloak closer around him, wondering if he'd better leave or stay. He had some minor business back in Asgard to take care of, but it could be put off for a night. As a word of quick advice, Thor added to his son, "Wake up early, nearly at the crack of dawn, for that is when the giant bears begin to prowl. I will either stay in the woods around this area or send a few lightning bolts down at the bears if need be while you sleep."

He paused for a moment, listening to the crickets and perhaps cicadas in the forest around them. They probably were the size of his foot, from big toe to ankle. He chuckled, thinking of that Greek one, Aphrodite, and how she'd react to such large bugs.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/23/2011, 12:28 am

((Been having a mental block latley hence why this reply may be bad and is late))

Anundr nodded again as his father continued to speak. He would have love to fight side-by-side with his father, but he knew his arm was hurt and swinging swords around wouldn't help. He still suggested it anyways to his father to be polite though. He stared into the fire, watching the flames dance all around. He would sleep soon, for he would have a long journy back to camp, and he needed all the energy he could get.

Anundr turned to his father as he spoke again. Anundr nodded saying, "Alright father thankyou."

Anundr got up from his position and turned to wards to dark forest. He peered into it until he saw what he was looking for. It tough enclave of rocks that looks spacious enough for him. That would serve as a good shelter for the night.

Anundr walked back to the fire turning to his father. "I go off to bed now father. Goodnight," He said going to his enclave of rocks. He took the blanket he had packed out of his pack and he wrapped that around himself. It was quite cold in Jotunheimr and Anundr could see the cold mist of his breath after every slow breath in the Winter night.

Anundr closed his eyes until he finally dozed off into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Creator of the Site
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/26/2011, 5:57 pm

((Sorry for the late response.... Not a very good one.))

"Goodnight, Anundr." Thor watched Anundr leave, then looked back at the now-flickering fire. To keep it alive a little longer, he threw in a few dry sticks and leaves, then held his hands towards it. How long had it been since he'd had a talk with his children? Quite a while, even counting his fellow gods.... He frowned, putting the hood back over his head. Well, he should be going back now.... But a return journey could wait a few more minutes.

Thor stood up, brushing dirt off the back of his pants as he stared down at the fire. Well, it was time for him to leave now....

He cleared his throat, turning away from the fire, and in a gust of cold wind that wasn't caused by Thor, the fire was out and Thor was walking away from the camp site. He sincerely hoped Anundr would keep his word and go back to camp, because he didn't want to hear that one of his children had been mauled by a Jotunheimr bear. That would be bad news, knowing that Thor could have prevented such a tragedy.

The god walked through the forest, back the way he'd came, stepping on branches he'd broken off and crushing leaves underfoot. In the distance, thunder rumbled as Thor left Jotunheimr the old-fashioned way.

Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime11/28/2011, 8:49 pm

((No worries havn't been my best either and I have been having late responses also. Well anyways time skip.))

Sunlight burst through the trees overhead. It hit Anundr inside his enclave, making him open his eyes. He rubbed his eyes remebering his encounter last night. He had met his father. He had met Thor. It still suprised him, but he remebered his promise from the previous night. As much as he din't like the idea he was heading back to camp.

Anundr crawled out of his enclave. He pu on his pack and noticed the fire was out. He kicked the blackened area on the ground where the fire used to be, before heading out. He walked out the way he though he came in, but he was wrong.

Anundr somehow managed to get himself into a swamp. The water wasn't deep, nor was it cold wich was suprising, but it was murky and all together bad looking. He looked around, as he trudged through the swamps, at the wildlife and plant life of Jotunheimr. It was truly a large place and grandiose place, but he knew following his father's orders was best. He knew he would never survive out here.

Anundr was suprised this logic had just come to him, but after an hour of walking Anundr finally hit what felt like the normal world. He took a look back, and he could see the mist was trying to cover up Jotunheimr the best it could, but Anundr could see through them.

Anundr whent to a local store where he got himself a bus ticket back to his town. his mother greeted him at the door asking him how his "little adventure" was he only replied "good". He told his mom he was heading back to Camp, so she gave him a hug, and he was off.

The plane ride was long and Anundr had his passport already from his previous visit. Once the plane landed in New York, he got his bags, got a taxi, and headed back to camp.

((And this topic is officialy over unless you want to add stuff Kenny))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexcpected encounter.   An unexcpected encounter. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unexcpected encounter.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Special Places :: Special Places :: Other Norse/Egyptian Places-
Jump to: