Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The streets of the empire state

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

The streets of the empire state Empty
PostSubject: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime10/27/2011, 7:27 pm

Sage stepped out of the doors of the tiny apartment complex he lived in. Working as a bellboy was a sucky job but it had it's advantages at least: like the pay that was sufficient for what food he needed and some of the better essentials of living; the free room didn't hurt either. Today though, he wasn't working, he was going to the shopping centerto pick up something nice with the funds he had scraped together.

As he walked along the sidewalk through the crowds pushing to get into the various stores, he thought about what the freakshow might be doing. But it wasn't really the time to be so meloncolly, not when the blinding lights and the billboards were blaring out at him. Nothing was subtle here, everything was over exaggerated and all the shops looked like they would burst from all the customers who crowded into them. Sage stopped by a window and looked inside at all the halloween gear inside.

He was a bit saddened that he couldn't be part of the masses, carefree and worrying only about what the neighborhood kids bought just to out do them. He was on a budget and was determined to get something nice for the freakshow and for himself, mainly some props for them and a new laptop for the freakshow headquarters. Etrius had pitched in and brought an old computer tower while Sam fixed it up and upgraded both the RAM, storage, and graphics card. James had saved up from his job and gotten a large monitor and a new mouse, while the rest of the freakshow also bought assorted other things as well.

Now it was James's turn to contribute, as he stopped outside the computer store, he counted what funds he had and looked inside at everything that was on sale. Come to think of it, there was a two way radio set for just ten bucks, maybe if he had some money left over, hecould spend stuff on that too.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime10/27/2011, 9:15 pm

A girl ran out of the ally, a tattered girl with combat boots and a ragged t-shirt ripped at the shoulder, exposing a black tattoo. A dog ran at her heals barking at a thing back into the ally. The girl used some pretty creative swearing, pulling a CB dagger,
"Come and get me you nasty hound!"

Out of the dark a hell hound stepped out, it's pelt back as night, glowing red eyes and saliva dripping down it's muzzle in great rivers. All of this happened in front of a bellboy at the hotel who Zen did not see.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime10/28/2011, 12:49 am

Sage walked down the old, deserted sidewalk with the new computer tucked under his arm. He had gotten one of the good ones, not one of the cheap netbook things that were all the rage nowadays. Suddenly a girl ran out of the alley about half a block down all battered up and with a dog running behind her.

Sage wondered what was happening and wondered what was happening when a large hellhound jumped out and startled him, causing the laptop to slip from his hands and hit the ground. Luckily the thing was armored like a tank and all the crucial stuff was already home; this did not under any circumstances lessen Sage's sudden anger. The sudden noise caused the hellhound to turn and snarl at Sage.

Quick as a flash, a knife came out and the Celestial Bronze blade glistened as it reflected the light from the street behind him. "God! You're gonna pay for that, real bad." yelled Sage as his scowl lent him and heir of anger and sheer pissed offness. The wind began to pick up and the sea breeze blew in, surrounding the son of the master of the four winds, swirling around and forming into massive shimmering wings. The wings unfurled to their glorious 3.5 meters and flapped once, sending their master up to the fourth story of the buildings around them.

With the knife held dagger style, the angel held his position and began calculating the optimal flight pattern to score the most efficient kill.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/1/2011, 7:12 pm

Zen tossed back her mess of brown hair and howled low and chilling deep in the back of her throat, A mutt with amber eyes and a scruffy tail emerge's from the ally, "Sic it Dog,"
Dog ruffled his grey fur and, lucky for him he was about 3/4 the size of the hellhound barreled into its side. Zen ran over to her hound and threw her Cb dagger into the animal's side were it stuck. The hound turned and snarrled at zen while shoving Dog away.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/25/2011, 3:02 pm

Sage ascended several meters and readied his knife and held it dagger style, recalculating his trajectory. The Dog thing was getting its butt wooped by the hellhound so it was probably about time to do something about it. He held the knife close to his body and made an upward loop before divebombing at the hellhound. "Banzai!!" he yelled, as he got near the top of the building and came down hard. After reaching a screeching velocity of 30 meters per second, he flipped over and brought his food down as hard as he could on the hound's head. The impact sent a small shockwave through the surrounding air and cracked the hound's skull.

But enough was not enough, oh no. Sage used his inertia to bring the knife right down into the hound's eye, permanently blinding it. The hound collapsed under the impact. "Yeah! Thats what you get!"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/25/2011, 3:17 pm

At the same time as the Dive bomb Zen through her Dagger into the Hellhound's throat. The thing quivered after it fell and Dog started to sniff it.
"Well, Dog. is it dead?" Zen crouched down next to the beast removing the knives, her cut shirt flapped in the slight breeze that had picked up. Her winged tattoo on her back exposed. Zen didn't take any notess of it. Even though if the boy reconised her picture that had often occupied the front page of the news paper. they called her the Winged thief and she was one of the most wanted Criminals in the U.s.A. It was a surprise she hadn't been caught.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/29/2011, 9:09 pm

Sage looked at the girl out of the corner of his eye as he watched the hellhound, the limp form lay still and appeared to be dead. "Well, only one way to find out." He said as he placed the knife once more on top of the beast's head, then drove his foot down, ramming the knife through the remnants of the skull and into it's brain. The monster disintegrated into nothingness and he used his wings to float gently to the ground. He picked up the knife and then walked over to pick up the computer lying on the ground, examining the scratches on the exterior casing.

"So miss winged thief. Is it just the hound or are there cops too?" Suddenly, a crackle on his two way radio brought his attention to focus on Annie's voice that floated out. "Hey, dude! You are so lucky that i'm looping the feed on this thing."

A security camera swiveled up and down to indicate what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/29/2011, 10:23 pm

Zen stood. Pocketing her daggers she turned.
"Just the hound," she said making eye contact. Her Hair had fallen out of its pony tail. She froze when she saw the camera move and the radio crackle, the color drained from her face.
"What-what does that mean?" Her muscles in her legs straining just in case the guy tried to take her for the reward or try to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 3:51 am

"Annie, how long is the loop gonna last for?" Asked Sage into the radio, and staring suspiciously at the security camera. "Well, the looped feed should last another half hour until the system restart ... Who's your friend? She's cute."

Sage couldn't help but smile as he flipped the bird at the camera "No, we just met at the party. now i can't really talk."
"jeez, that's rude, i'll see you back at base after ... Marie out."

When the radio crackled off, Sage turned to the girl and grinned. "Well as long as that loop is active, that camera is showing an empty street." He walked over to her and bent down a little so he was at eye level and put away the knife without looking. He crossed his arms behind his back and cocked his head. "What's wrong darling? You look like you just saw your grave being dug for ya."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/1/2011, 10:43 pm

"Don't darling me," Zen snorted her stance had relaxed some what but ice remained in her eyes. "I was just worrying what split second lesion you might be considering. I have to take care of people other than my self so I have priority's." Then she froze when she notest the wings, "Tha-thats not natural. Wrong... wrong... " she muttered over and over to herself.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 12:06 am

Sage cocked his head in the other direction ans took note when she began muttering something about not natural. "What do you mean by unnatural?" he asked, and straightened up. He slowly unfolded his wings to their full glorious length of 12 feet, the feathers glistened as more and more air was processed to extend and expand them. An excess feather fell off and was caught deftly. "You mean these?" He asked, holding the glittering feather up for the girl to see more clearly.

"C'mon, you've never seen an angel before? Don't worry dear, I haven't seen one either."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/4/2011, 1:54 am

Zen's hand drifted toward were her daggers were hidden. Well technically it wasn't her fault. Any thing not human she had met so far had tried to kill her. Her eyes fixed on the wings and each idea ran through her mind each more crazy than the last. He looked like something out of a Maximum Ride book. Her brown hair blew around her face and her eyes flashed.
Science experiment? Better than a Demonic mutant of who knows what.
"What are you?"
Dog growled.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/5/2011, 3:56 am

Sage smiled and playfully waved the feather around in front of the girl's face, lightly brushing it across her nose at one time. "What am I? Hmm, that is a very good question. You see, I am something called a demigod, but still a very strange one at that." He began explaining and then took the time to look at the dog and flapped his wings a bit to ruffle it's hair. "While most demi-gods look like humans, my power is a rather unique one that actually changes my physical body. And what are you reaching for that knife thing for? I don't bite." He said flicking the feather up and allowing it to drift in the air for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/5/2011, 9:12 pm

At the word Demi-god physical pain lanced through Zen's small frame and she was on her knees gasping for breath her arms around her rib cage. She stayed on her knees and her face looked up at the guy an utterly blank look on her face. Then slowly she stood, drawing up to her full height. She touched the locket at her throat as to make sure it was there.
"Well you coming?" She asked waving her hand totally ignoring the wings as if she couldn't see them.
Without a word she started around the corner and hand clasped around the boy's wrist.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/6/2011, 1:49 am

Sage contracted his wings to a length of 3 feet and folded them over his back. To any mortal, the wings would look like a sling style binder, but since it was compressed against his body, it probably wasn't going to show up much at all. As he followed the girl, he held the laptop loosely in his free swinging hand but held it close to his body in any case. "Umm ... Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/9/2011, 1:38 am

As they rounded a bend in a corner, the unmistakable sound of a siren could be heard. Zen swore in a very unladylike manner. "Cursed bones of Poseidon!"
She broke into a run out stripping Dog.
"away- unless you wanna get caught by duh-fuzz and spend the night in the slammer."
About a few feet in front of them as shiny black motorcycle sat with two helmets dangling off the sidebars. Skidding to a halt, she handed a helmet to the boy she had dragged along stuffing it into the boy's hands along with a scuffed leather jacket.
"put them on," she commanded calmly as if she had done this a thousand times, which funnily enough she had. Without waiting for an answer she fished some keys out of her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/9/2011, 4:34 am

Sage didn't even bother asking about what was happening, as he put both on and got on the rear seat of the motor bike and reactivated the two way radio.
"Torra! Do you read?"
"Yeah, I read. What is it now."
"Code blue, precious cargo is winged thief. Estimate three squad cars and they sound mean."
"How did you? ... Gawd Sierra, you and your escapades. Alright, CMs between your loco and the eppy are wack. I'm fuzzing up their chatterboxes now, so get moving. Torra out."
Sage put away the radio and tucked the laptop into a carry case which he had fortunately not dropped during the fight. He didn't know if she got the gist of the conversation, secrecy was a number one priority around other demi-gods but the code wasn't a completely foreign language. Although to most other campers it might as well have been.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/9/2011, 9:29 pm

Occ- LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!
BIC-

The motorcycle revved to life underneath Zen.
The paint was glistening in the foggy light. She put her helmet on and pushed out of the ally into traffic. She bent low over the handles and barely turned her head to view the five cop cars behind her.
She swore again and whet over the speed limit by at least 50 miles, the motor cycle sage, and her were a blur.
RED LIGHT! She sped through traffic- cutting through the red light.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/11/2011, 2:18 am

Sage let off a stream of cussing fit to burn through rebarb as the crazy dame nearly got them killed, dodging through traffic. The radio crackled to life as Annie began relaying information that she was recieving from the cameras she had hacked. "Guys! two more cars heading your way about two kilometers upspin." Sage held on for dear life as his head was whipped around by the minuscule bumps in the road that at this speed, felt like miniature ramps. "Roadblock up ahead, they got a high pressure water cannon. Alleyway approaching in three ... two ... one ... GO LEFT!!"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 1:35 am

Zen turned left and turned right down another ally and killed the motorcycle.
"Zip it!" she hissed clamping a hand firmly over Sage's mouth. As if following a trail they drove strait past. She held her position for five minutes and finally turned on her police scanner built into her bike.
"... lost them at 4th and 10th intersection..."
"Same here as if, they vanished..."
Then she turned it off. Then she visible relaxed and removed her hand from Sage's mouth, then took off her helmet and got off the bike. Shaking out her sheet of long brown hair she asked, "Are you okay?" her voice etched with concern and worry.
"Name's Zen by the way.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 8:00 pm

Sage stepped off the bike and removed the helmet as he sought to regain his balance. It wasn't as if he hadn't suffered worse, the skidder was worse if not by much and that was only used in times of emergency. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said as the world seemed to stop spinning "Nice to meet you Zen, name's Sage . . . I don't really know what's going on right now, but this chick here" he pointed at the radio strapped to his belt. "This chick here is Annie, callsign Torra, she's the one doing something with the cops. I don't know, ask her."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 8:49 pm

Zen smiles," Nice, reminds me of a friend of mine." She removed her leather Jacket and opened compartment underneath the motorcycle seat. She winced slightly as she moved her left shoulder. She swore again and prodded it.
"Mild fracture," She said and pulled an untraceable cell phone out of the compartment and checked for a text message.
She pulled a duffle bag and check its contence.
"Still all there." She replaced every thing and looked at sage.
"Why were you in the ally anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 9:14 pm

Sage pulled off the jacket as he watched Zen attended to something that seemed important. He noticed the slight wince as the girl moved her arm, definitely a seam fracture from structural stress. "Why was I in the alley? It was a shorter way to my destination." He tapped on the carrying case that the laptop was stowed in before pulling out a small dispenser from which he gave her a very small pill. "I don't think I should be telling you what my destination was but anyway, here's a painkiller I got from my friend, I don't know how but it accelerates the healing process."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 1:49 am

Zen smiles, "Touche." She accepts the pill and swallows it without any water pulling a face at the taist. "nasty." Dog slinks out of the darkness.
"Took you long enough," zen notifies her friend, dog growls softly in response, and Zen scratches him between ears.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 2:16 am

Sage smiled at the dog and the girl bending down to greet it. "Nice pet." he said before there was a slight flapping. He looked up and there was his little sparrow with it's combat claws on and holding a rolled up paper in it's mouth which it dropped into Sage's waiting hand. He opened up the paper and read it before letting the sparrow land on his shoulder and snuggle up in his pulled back hood. "gawd, I hate deployment orders."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The streets of the empire state   The streets of the empire state Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The streets of the empire state
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Special Places :: Special Places :: New York-
Jump to: