Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Very dark part of the forest.

Go down 
+5
Rave Girl
Carrie Beary
Swishalicious
Dovah
Hammah
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/27/2012, 1:58 pm

Fabian nodded, "Most people can't see in the dark very well, unlike me."
When Fabian shook her hand Ember could feel the rough calluses of his hands. This showed he worked hard. "Fabian Black Son of Bast at your service."
Then his keen eyes picked out the tears in the dim light, "No wonder you ran into me, you were crying."
He pulled a package of tissues out of his pocket and offered them to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 2:54 am

"Well, seeing in the dark is a feline ability." I say, raising my eyebrows. "What, no pointy ears?" I ask quirkily as I pull my hand away gently from his rough, callused hand. Half of me wants to escape the conversation, and the other half is trying to keep him talking. "I'm not crying." I say, furiously wiping the tears away. "It's just..." I try to think of something. "A minor leakage of the tear ducts. I'm inwardly glad that I'm wearing my best outfit today. A hazel v-neck shirt, one of my favorites, dark skinny jeans with barely any tears, and my almost knee-high brown boots with a black toolbag hung over one shoulder. Oh, and my brown dagger sheath. With my dagger still held in my other hand. Becoming aware of this, I slide the dagger gently into it's sheath and self-consciously tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 3:34 am

"Don't sound so disappointed," He said. "No, I don't have a tail either."
He was rather amused, "But if your not crying, I'm willing to bet your allergic to cats."
His eyes followed the dagger then flicked back to her face. "That would make me very sad if you were allergic to cats."
He took a few steps before leaning against the tree. He in himself was wearing dark blue jeans and a white v-neck short sleeve shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 3:40 am

"No, I'm not allergic to cats." I said, hiding my grin. "Are any of your girlfriends?" I said waspishly, mock-glaring at him. "And why would it make you sad?" I ventured. "I'm just the little crying Hephaestus girl." I said softly, leaning against the tree nex to him. I slid down the trunk of the tree again, simply out of fatigue. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed deeply, glad for the tree to lean on. I looked up at Fabian. "You just lost your bet, by the way." I said, smirking.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 3:51 am

"For the record, I don't have any girlfriends. Trust me, having more than one complicates things quiet a bit. " He cracked another smile. "I would be sad to cause such a nice girl allergy trauma that's all."
He paused for a moment, "What bet do you talk about?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 3:55 am

"Well then the Aphrodites must have like, those huge nail-polish filled battles for you, all the time." I smirked again. "Nice girl, huh?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "I'm not exactly your average angel. And I'm talking about when you said you're willing to bet that I'm allergic to cats. You owe me, how much?" I held out my hand, hoping he would take it, maybe slide down the tree trunk to sit next to me. Just maybe. Just maybe. There was barely any chance, though. But some part of me couldn't help but hope. Just maybe.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 4:04 am

"As far as I'm concerned Aphrodite children's heads are filled with bits of fluff and there is nothing solid in there. To concerned with climbing the social ladder."
Fabian arched one of his dark eyebrows and crossed his legs. "I never said what I was betting with. Now tell me, what do you want as a reward?"
In all honesty this girl amused him to the ends of the earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 4:07 am

"I was just messing with ya." I waved it away dismissively. "You don't owe me anything, now that you've proved your common sense through your opinion of those Aphros." I smiled up at him. "And you, Fabian? Where do you stand on the social ladder?" I asked. Honestly, if my eyebrows kept this up, I could win a medal for Eyebrow Raising or something. "I know I'm at rock bottom. You with me?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 4:16 am

"Don't let them hear you call them Aphro's. They like their hair nice, soft, and fluffy. But most of them are down right idiots."
Fabian looked around suddenly, his muscles bunching underneath his shirt. "We are not alone... something is hunting in here."
He stood and walked into the center of the clearing. Casting his eyes around. After about five minutes he relaxed, "It's gone... to answer your question I am a floater. I belong to nobody on said ladder."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 5:03 am

I tensed as he inspected the clearing, trying to avoid looking at his ripped muscles. "Well, I'd be okay to float with you, except I can't help but be pulled down by those airheads. I mean, look at what I wear!" I said, gesturing to my outfit.

I got up, dusting off my jeans, but stumbled on a root and fell onto him as he leaned against the trunk. My hands were splayed out on his shoulders to prevent our heads bumping together, even though it was no use - I was practically an inch away from him. My breath caught in my throat and I was rendered completely immobile, waiting for him to push me away in disgust. Wouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/28/2012, 10:25 am

"You should just get some floaties then," Fabian remarked. "Maybe a few balloons."
When Ember tripped, Fabian's wrapped around her bicep to balance her. "Careful there," He said while making sure she had a proper footing before backing up and giving her some space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/29/2012, 4:11 am

"Or, maybe..." I said, trying to appear calm. "I could wreck the ladder and we'd all be floaters. Or with luck, the Aphros'll die." I grinned, shrugging at my malevolent thoughts. "Thanks, by the way." I smiled ruefully, this time making sure I had a steady footing so that he didn't think I was a complete klutz. "So, um..." I grasped around desperately for a topic of discussion. "What's your favorite color?" I mentally facepalmed. That was by far my dumbest question today.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/29/2012, 5:29 pm

"Why don't we just put hair dye in all their shampoo and be done with it," He suggested. "Some horrid color they will absolutely hate, like grey."
Fabian grinned at the evil idea.
"No problem, my favorite color?"
He paused, leaning back up against the tree again.
"I like them all. What about you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/30/2012, 2:52 am

"You're pretty evil for a cat." I said, hiding my grin. "Or lime green. All of them hate lime green." I said. "Well, most people don't know this color, but it's the color of bronze right before it melts. People say it's a red, but I think that it's so many different colors layered together. Gold, bronze, red, even black. But it's beautiful. And I've seen it a lot, you know, working in the forges."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/30/2012, 4:32 am

"I wouldn't say all," Fabian said itching his head. "I have met some pretty eccentric people in that cabin. As for evil... most cats, as far as I know, are devilish creatures. They hold awful grudges. As for me being evil... you don't know the half of it."
He grinned crookedly. Indeed Fabian Black was trouble, he practically oozed it. "That is a pretty color indeed, I've only seen it a few times as I am not in the forges often."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/30/2012, 9:23 am

I sighed, not saying anything. It seemed that Fabian wasn't exactly the type of person to like girls. I didn't really have a hope. I frowned slightly and let my shoulders slump, doubtful that he would notice. What did he care, anyways?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/30/2012, 2:47 pm

"Hey do you wanna see something?" Fabian said.
The idea suddenly struck him. He didn't really give Ember much of an option before he grabbed her by the wrist and hauled her across the clearing to a huge tree.
He stopped at the base of a huge tree who bottom branches were at east twenty feet in the air.
"Get on my back," he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 12:51 am

I didn't resist his hold, stumbling along next to him while my other arm dangled awkwardly at my side. I looked up at the tree. It was enormous. "Wait, what?" I wasn't sure I'd heard him right, but he seemed serious. I hesitated, but laced my callused hands loosely around his neck and jumped, hoping that he'd support me and that my diet was working out. I was nearly hyperventilating from the fact that I was so close to Fabian - I could hear his breathing, soft and steady.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 2:23 am

"You heard me," Fabian said.
After Ember had gotten on, Fabian had backed up and ran strait at the tree. Then, he lept into the air. He jumped at least a good twenty feet before his body absorbed the impact. His fingers sank into the bark... but it wasn't fingers. They were claws, an inch long and several millimeters thick. They shined with celestial bronze. The claws came out from under his finger nails and were quite beautiful in their own threatening way. Quite quickly he climbed the tree, the veins stood out on his arms, other than that he showed no strain. At the top most branches he slowed and looked out over the tree line just in time to see the sun set over the horizon.
"This is why I like all colors."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 2:45 am

I was scared to death at first, the way he jumped. I was hanging on for my dear life. But I saw that he was under control, and relaxed. I saw the claws, scared to death, but then I noticed their deadly beauty. Fabian looked at them the same way I looked at my dagger. He parted the topmost branches and slowed down, leaning out so far I was sure we were going to topple to our deaths. The symphony of colors was breathtaking, and sure enough, there seemed to be 0% of oxygen in my lungs. "Wow." I breathed. "I might just change my mind, you know." I said softly. I was still wonderfully aware of the fact that I was leaning on his neck, and that my arms were around him, and that he didn't seem tired at all, and --- as if I'd forget. But yeah.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 3:46 am

"You bet," Fabian grinned again. The colors were a vibrant oranges, reds, a rays of deep purpal. He let her slide off his back so she could see better. He smiled at her before offering his hand for balance.
"You could call these the colors of fire," he said softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 3:57 am

"And I win my bet." I say, grinning back at him, finally meeting his wonderful eyes. This bet thing is actually pretty funny. I slide gently off of him (I can't help but feel a little sad at that) and am thrilled when he gives me his hand. I survey it once to double-check that the claws are gone before I clasp it, relaxing at its warmth. "Yeah." I agree. "Isn't it an amazing idea though - that the whole world is one huge forge? Moulding us all into the shapes, the people that we are. Some of us are A grade metal, the others just roughly hewn coal. But all of us shine when the fire hits us. When the spark is ignited inside of us." I know I'm getting carried away, so I stop. I hope my eyes look all dreamy and far away, because everyone says that's when my eyes look most beautiful. I glance Fabian's way and give him an apologetic smile. "Sorry." I say, even though the idea is still pulsing in my head.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 4:19 am

"What bet?" He asked teasingly. His claws had slid back up into his hand like they had never even existed, almost as if they had been imagined. Then Ember goes off into her own little world. Fabian just listens. Closing his eyes half way, like a cat does when he is relaxed.
"Some mythologies have stories were humans were created from forges. The fires are said to be glorious beyond description."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 4:21 am

"What, like this one?" I smile at him.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/31/2012, 4:32 am

Fabian pulled a face, "Try glorious beyond all description. I'd imagine a bit more color."
He smiled at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Very dark part of the forest.   The Very dark part of the forest. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Very dark part of the forest.
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next