Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading the Books

Go down 
+14
Carrie Beary
Swishalicious
Rayquaza
Little Miss Laugh
Shade
Dena
darkblue248
Evimero
Princess Amy
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Silly Lily
Kasi
Damascus
ML
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

Reading the Books - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 8:25 pm

Destery flipped through the pages, looking for the few pictures there were, then flipped back to the front and started reading. She smiled and frowned several times with what happened in the book and laughed loudy at one point.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 8:45 pm

Luke flipped through a book, supposedly called the Hunger Games, before jumping slightly and abruptly turning around as he heard a sharp peal of laughter resonate through the library's stiff, dusty air. "Hello?" he asked, peering through the shelves in search of the voice.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 8:47 pm

Destery cringed at the voice. "Oh. Sorry" She whispered and covered her face with her book.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 9:50 pm

"Oh, it's okay," Lukas replied to the girl, walking around into her isle. "I didn't mind." He noticed that she seemed sort of shy, due to the fact that she was practically hiding behind the book. "I just didn't see you there."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 9:52 pm

"Well I didn't see you either... Sorry again, I didn't mean to bother you. You like the Hunger Games?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 10:00 pm

"Oh, it's fine, I don't really mind," he stopped talking when she asked about the Hunger Games. What? Oh... he glanced down at the book in his hand, chuckling. "Not really... I've never read it. I just happened to pick it up."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/25/2011, 10:05 pm

"Oh... I'm halfway through the first. It's good so far, you should read it." Destery says.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 6:47 pm

ooc: Sorry I forgot to post! D:
Luke shrugged. "Maybe I will," he said, without any real intentions. He leaned back against the bookshelf, studying the girl. She was pretty, he thought, but then he realized he was putting too much weight on the relatively old bookshelf.. shoot. It toppled ominously as he quickly jumped up away from it.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 7:24 pm

Destery looked up to see the book shelf topple and stifled a scream. She rushed to pick up the books that fell off and examined each one. "Oh, yay you're all okay, thank the gods." She said to the books.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 7:28 pm

"Oh, I'm fine!" he said, just a hint of sarcasm in his tone. He stifled a laugh. "I don't think you like books too much," he stated, leaning over and picking up a few. They really needed a lot of new bookshelves in this camp.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 7:42 pm

Destery giggled a little and kept picking up books. "I'm disappointed in this camp. These bookshelves should be stronger. But I guess no one really reads.."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 8:06 pm

"I know! They should. It's really a safety hazard. But it's true, not many people read..." he trailed off. "What're you, a daughter of Athena?" he asked, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 8:15 pm

She smiles and shakes her head. "Nope, Morpheus."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 8:49 pm

Lukas looked at her in surprise. "Really?" He asked. He hadn't expected that. "Not that mine's too predictable either. My mom's Hestia."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 9:23 pm

"Awesomeeeee. I don't think you should do any fire stuff in here... Just saying.."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 9:34 pm

Luke grins. "I'll try," he joked. "Don't worry, I'm not a pyromaniac like a lot of my siblings." He shrugged. "I'm Lukas, or Luke," he introduced himself to her.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 9:39 pm

"I'm Destery Violet. Or either Destery or Violet for short." She says and sticks her hand out. She smiles, this guy wasn't that bad looking, a little like Leven but with brighter hair...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 10:33 pm

Lukas shook her hand. Her name was interesting. Destery... he hadn't heard that one before, and Luke had heard a LOT of names in his short lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 11:16 pm

"Hmm, what do you like to read?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 11:39 pm

Luke shrugged. "I don't really read anything in particular. I just read anything." He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 11:50 pm

Destery smiles. "I like reading fantasy and science fiction and stuff like that." She dimmed all the lights except for one, and started singing Welcome to Mystery by The Plain White T's. She picked up Leven Thumps. "Imagine a place you can always escape to, an island off the coast of nowhere." She picked up the Hunger Games and started dancing around. "A new destination of your own creation, just waiting until you choose to go there." She twirled around. "Blue treetops and velvet skies, blue ready to blow your mind.. Oooh... This a place where your mind can escape all the problems today and go far, far away. This is a time with no history, welcome to mystery!" She turned on the lights again and bowed. "Sorry about that, I had to do that, I always do.."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 11:58 pm

Luke watched the girl, amused. He chuckled lightly at her theatrics, her speak of going to distant places. Definitely a child of Morpheus. He frowned slightly, taking all of it in. Sadly it was sort of impossible to really escape the Earth, and it was smitten with all sort of horrors. Some joys, as well, but they were far different. Still, he was intrigued by the girl and her outlook on life. He smiled as she turned the lights on, looking at her curiously. "It's perfectly fine, I didn't mind." Lukas shrugged. "Do you really think so? I mean, I've read books before, but I've never looked at them in that way... somehow reality always comes in and spoils it."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/27/2011, 12:12 am

"Well reality... It's a wonderful place, but I wouldn't want to live there. Books are like my home, in a way, and yes, reality does come and ruin it, and you really can't spend all the time in a book, I mean, school and work and stuff like that. And I realize you can't spend all your life reading, I mean, I'd love to, but you can't, it's reality after all. But when you read, you create a world and you can become so engrossed in it that finishing the book or just closing it for a little while can feel like you're missing something, that's how I feel, at least. And you know how in reality there's things you'd rather not hear about or take part in, in books there's conflict and hatred sometimes, yes, but it seems like in books, there's peace in the end. In reality there's always a war, always fighting, always hate, that's why I prefer to live in here." She points to her head. "I've been called childish, stupid, mental, my mom even took me to a mental hospital once, in books, there's none of that, none of those names, books are escape, and the same goes for music but I've been talking alot so I'll save that story for later." She takes a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/27/2011, 12:22 am

Lukas stood, listening, and he smiled. What was this girl, a philosopher? But everything she said made perfect sense to him. Luke didn't spend much of his time in books, but he spent a lot of time thinking about the past and the future. Sometimes it could help someone cope with things more easily than if they just stood and took reality in all of its glory. He watched her, continuing to be intrigued. "You're not stupid, or mental. What you do makes perfect sense. You can't escape from reality... it would be great if we could, but it's perfectly fine to use art to cope with certain situations. I definitely have..." he trailed off, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/27/2011, 12:29 am

"What'd you do?" She asks, if this boy could relate to her, she just might like him, he was cute enough after all..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading the Books   Reading the Books - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading the Books
Page 23 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next