Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Hero Slain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

A Hero Slain Empty
PostSubject: A Hero Slain   A Hero Slain Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 1:57 pm

Disclaimer: This story does not in any way effect the main plot, it is simply me trying to do something that i always wanted to do AKA killing off one or more of my chars.

Plot: A team has been sent to retrieve a relic that is important for some reason. they ran into a large group of monsters that want to reclaim the relic and they have theoir influence spread out across several hundred members across the continental united states. the team is on the run when Etrius determines that the monsters will catch up with them before they get to camp unless one of the team decides to hold off the pursuers on their own (and leading to their death). he volunteers to stay and encounters the pursuing party the next morning.

Etrius faced the horde of creatures with a smile. The entire place was a paradise, the sort of place where you would want to go on vacation during the summer, when school is out and you can just lie around. There was a stream trickling down the rocks, a tiny lake surrounded by a shore of sand and terminating in a field of grass, and finally there was a waterfall splashing down on the rocks throwing a fine mist in the air through which CHB could watch the demise of a camper. There seemed to be an endless number of them, more than one person could point a finger at but that did not matter, the rest of the team was on their way to camp with the relic, all he had to do was hold back these guys as long as he could. He unhooked the keyboard from his back and dropped it on the ground, breaking it to reveal the sword he kept hidden in it and he drew the K-bar knife as he picked up the sword. "my oh my, what did i do to deserve this?" he asked more to the audience than to anyone else, he knew that Sam was recording this and it was best to go out like a hero. He readied both weapons and took a deep breath, resigned to his fate and not really sad at all, actually he was pretty peaceful, he sighed then screamed "HAVE AT YA BOI!! COME AND GET IT!!" and he ran forward and began flailing both blades.

The monsters were stunned that this one demi-god would be so bold as to attack even though he had no powers and he was all alone, although the shock only lasted for a second and they immediately charged forward to meet the crazy person. Etrius crashed into them like a cannon ball on fire, He was everywhere, cutting and slashing through monsters left and right and yet he was laughing, not at the monsters but at himself and his decision to hold them back on his own. the monsters tried desperately to get a slash at him but the maniac was twirling both blades, spinning, pirouetting, dodging, slashing and stabbing in an intricate dance of death, his form became a hurricane of celestial bronze and and fury. finally, a minotaur came up and brought his Axe down on Etrius and there was a spurt of blood as the blade made contact with his shoulder. He looked down at the stump of what used to be his arm, shrugged it off and stabbed the minotaur with the knife, then he put the knife handle in his mouth and picked up the sword he dropped. He kept going, franticly stabbing and slashing with all his might, taking down several more when he suddenly stopped and spit out the knife along with a spurt of blood. "aw ... man ... not now" he pleaded his body as it was overcome by an imbalance, the medicine was starting to ware off and he began too weaken, he strength slowly fading away.

He lost too much blood, he wasn't going to make it. He kept slashing and blocking with ever more feeble strokes, if he was going down than he was taking every last one of them to hell with him. what was originally about 50 monsters, only 13 of them remained and they began marching toward him while he kept swinging, not even making contact any more. His vision began to blur and one of the monsters knocked him down.

It was over for him, done, finished, nothing left to do but die. one creature stood over him, positioning a sword over his heart ... savoring these moments before he would take the life of a demi-god, oh how sweet it was that this moment was so bitter and the sword came down, driving through his body and hit the heart. Etrius never felt the blade enter his heart, he reached his hand to the Iris message in the mist, it was still going strong and its only purpose was to convey one last message. His memories began to fade: Sam, James, Loyd, Sage, everyone, until they focused on one last image, his girlfriend that night on the beach, that memory was the most vivid. "B-B-Bl-Blair ... I ... I'm s-s-sorry ... forgive ... me *racking cough* p-plea-please ..." and his eyes unfocused, then closed, never to open again. the monster pulled his sword out and cleaned it on the grass, the once blue lake was now blood red and filled with gore, the sand was stained red but the place was still held a peaceful air to it. A lone forgotten body lay on the grass, it only had one dog tag on it.

The iris message finally timed out and the fountain went back to being it same old self. Sam lowered the video camera, stopped the recording and began to sob, feeling guilty that he had to watch his best friend die in front of him and there was not one thing he could do about it. "if that son of a ***** Ares is watching, i hope he is at least happy that his son went down like a hero" he thought and pulled out a dog tag from his own pocket,then began sobbing some more. He let it drop to the ground and fell down crying himself out on the ground. the dog tag read:

Name: Etrius Beacher Johnson
Parents: Ares god of war, Lnt. Linda Johnson
Date of birth: 12/9/1994

the day was 12/10/2010

Name: Etrius
Kill/Death: 37/1
A good soldier and a good man, faithful to the end
Favorite quote: "Live like you were to die tomorrow, learn like you were to live forever" - Gahndi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP0Ne9aW7UI
Back to top Go down

A Hero Slain
Page 1 of 1