Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Empty
PostSubject: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 1:54 pm

With the welder's mask over her face, Emily Urch held the blowtorch over the metal pipe, letting the melted metal drip into a sword handle mold. It was gruesome and tedious work, that most people hated. The plan that Em had for this sword was that she'd make the handle from steel and the actual blade from celestial bronze. Using stone molds she'd made herself. Then she'd go to the Hecate kids and get them to charm it into hiding when it wasn't needed. She could make it into a retractable fork if she tried hard enough. But...who carried around a fork?
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 1:58 pm

Keaweaheulu walked into this strange building haveing lost his way around camp. As soon as he walked in he felt the heat against his skin. "Whew it's hot in here", he let out a slight laugh. He looked around for something to do in this room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 2:08 pm

Em didn't glance up at the guy. Mostly because, over the sound of the blow-torch she didn't really hear anything. It was rather hard to hear with ear-plugs in. Em clicked off the torch, being done with it, and picked up the mold with her gloved-hands. She slowly walked over to the cold water trough and placed a stone over the top of the mold and placed the handle it the water. Steam billowed off the water as the handle touched the water instantly. Em pulled the mask from her face and pulled her gloves off. Her face was covered in grease spots and she had soot all herself.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 3:12 pm

Keaweaheulu noticed a girl working with a blow torch he figured he might as well ask what she was doin. He made a few steps closer to the girl and tapped her shoulder lightly. "Hey what are you doing?", he asked. He brushed of a drop of sweat of his forhead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 3:19 pm

"AHH!" Em screamed as she whirled around with the torch and the mask back on. She saw it was just a boy, thank the gods she hadn't turned the torch on and made him into a human shish-k-bob.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 3:23 pm

"Wow now easy there It's just another demi-god", Keaweaheulu replied. He was holding up his hands in front of his face in case the girll turned on the blow torch. He slowly lowered his hands down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 4:55 pm

"Sorry 'bout that." Em said apologized as she put the torch down on the table and picked up her water proof gloves and pulled the mold out of the water. The handle was cooled and whatnot. She pulled it out of the mold and held it up to the dim light. It was good. She set it down on the table and started wrapping it with leather, "I'm Emily."
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 4:58 pm

"Nice to meet you Emily i'm Keaweaheulu", Keaweaheulu extended his hand towards her for a hand shake. He had a little smile on his face. He started getting used to the heat now and stopped sweating heavly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:21 pm

She stared at his hand for a moment before putting her gloved one in his, "Say your name again." She said whilst grinning. How would you even spell that? She wondered as she took her hand from his and grabbed a few bars of celestial bronze. She pulled her gloves back on and put the mask on and redressed in some heavy leather. She put the bars in a stone pot and stuck the pot in the furnace. Which only made the room hotter. She closed the door to the furnace and took off the leather protective gear.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:37 pm

"Keaweaheulu(Kee-wee-hu-lu)", Keaweaheulu laughs and shakes his head. "A long name I know it's Hawaiian", he smiled at her. He took his celestial bronze blade from it's sheath and used a piece of cloth to clean it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 5:39 pm

"Nice blade, man." Em replied in her rather New York sounding accent. She walked over to a shelf and pushed some stuff aside as she searched for the blade mold that should've been on the top. "Gah...where is it?" She complained to herself quietly.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 6:18 pm

"Thanks", Keaweaheulu replies. "I got it two years ago and it still works well", he chuckled. He looked at Emily searching for something. "What are you looking for?", he asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 6:05 pm

Emily pulled the mold from the pile with a victorious look on her face. "A mold for the blade I'm making." She said grinning with exburance. "First I gotta make the damn thing and..." Emily launched into her whole plan for the blade.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 6:13 pm

"Sounds cool", I rest against one of the shelves in the forge and I watch emily work on her blade project. I put both my hands behind my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 12:27 am

"I guess so. It's what I do, y'know?" She asked as she picked up a rather heavy bar of celestial bronze from the bottom shelf. She lugged it upwards and set it down on the table with a loud THUD. "Ugh. This is gonna be fun." She muttered sarcastically as she stared the block down.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 12:30 am

I stare at bar shimmering bronze in color for a few seconds before turning away to look around the rest of the forge. I let out an almighty sigh.I rub my eyes with one of my hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 2:49 pm

She carefully took the bronze bar and set it in a pot made from rock. She took a pair of fire-resistant gloves and slid them on her nimble fingers as she put the pot with the bar in it, in the oven. She shut the door quickly and wiped the dripping sweat from her face. "Gosh...this is hard work. You ever done this before?" She asked him looking at his un-working features. He looked, quite frankly, like he had never worked a day in his life, with his softer hands; uncalloused.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 2:59 pm

Keaweaheulu shakes his head. "No I haven't", He feel more sweat coming off of me. He takes a few breaths and continues to look around. "Wow it's hot in here", he muttered again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 3:56 pm

"Yeah...it's a forge...it's supposed to be like that." She said taking off her large welding equipment to reveal her slender, petite, runner's body. She was wearing a simple Swap Meet t-shirt with baggy boyfriend-cuffed jeans and her Black Converse. She had the sleeves of her t-shirt rolled up a bit and a pencil and drawing pad sticking out of her pocket. She grabbed her bag off the metal hook that was hers by the door turned to Keaweaheulu and said, "Let's go to the mess hall. I'm starvin'." She grinned at him and marched out into warm summerish air outside. It felt much cooler outside compared to the Armory. "Can I call you, Kiwi?"
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 4:20 pm

"Sure too both of your questions", he replies. Keaweaheulu leaves.

Last edited by Bob on 2/24/2011, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 4:46 pm

((Shall we go post in the Mess Hall? You should start the topic because I did this time.))
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 3:13 pm

(( nagh let's just go to the regular mess hall topic))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge   Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meh. Burns and Whatnot In The Forge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Half Blood :: Commons Area :: Forges/Weapon Storage-
Jump to: