Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dummies

Go down 
+17
Vikus
Falcon3100
Gravity
Wednesday
Hammah
Carrie Beary
Swishalicious
PeetaMellark
Dexter
Bob
Dragonfire
Dena
Kasi
Evimero
ML
Silly Lily
Damascus
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

The Dummies - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime2/24/2013, 10:25 pm

I smile and let him lead me out of the arena stumbling on some rocks and sticks.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 9:34 pm

Aaron walked into the sword fighting arena and looked around the room before he walked up to a dummy and immediately thought about all of the people that had angered him and all of the times he had fought. Suddenly his eyes turned dark red and his hair seemed to stick up as his teeth bared in a grimace and a violent rage swept over him. This was no longer Aaron, calm and pacifistic boy who never fought, but was Darren, violent and very death obsessed son of Isis. He reached out in a blinding motion and then head of the dummy seemed to appear in his hand as his arm went past and his eyes flickered darker.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 5:53 pm

Evangeline entered the arena with her good -- no, best -- friend, Drake. She was holding a small sword, no more than a letter opener, really, and Drake was going to teach her how to use the dangerous thing. It felt heavy, she wasn't sure if she would be able to swing it hard enough to damage any dummies. If she could even aim right. Having one eye threw off her depth perception a bit. "Are you sure I can actually do this?"
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:00 pm

The small brunette scoffed, scuffing a faded pair of sketchers on the ground as she walked. "Of course you can do it - I'm gonna teach you." She commented, a small smirk tugging at her lips, even as she pulled her weapon of choice, a 2ft long broadsword, out of it's sheath. The wind blew lightly, a slight chill in the air, but it beat the annoying and uncomfortable mugginess that had plagued camp all month. Drake glanced over to Evangeline, expression softening slightly before she noticed the angle the black-haired girl was pointing her weapon at.

"Now c'mere before you po- uh, hurt yourself." She winced internally at what she'd almost said. Three years later and she still couldn't help the pang of guilt she got every time eyes or eyepatches or even pirates were mentioned.

Last edited by Demi on 9/7/2013, 6:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.adenchan.deviantart.com
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:08 pm

"Am I doing it wrong already?" she sighed, and pushed some hair out of her face with her free hand. Her bangs had grown much longer over the past couple of years, and she tried to keep them swept to the side in a manner that would mostly hide the patch covering her right(?) eye. It kept most people from asking questions, and it was likely better for Drake not to be able to see the handiwork of her witch of a mother every time Evangeline turned to face her. "I'm doing it wrong already. Ugh. Is this better?" she asked, and adjusted her grip on the hilt slightly. She wasn't holding the sword at a funny angle so much now as mostly pointing straight out in front of her, but angled a bit towards the ground.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:14 pm

Drake huffed out a laugh, amusement dancing across her face. "Better, but you ain't gonna be stoppin' anyone like that. Here, lemme show you." The brunette walked over to her friend, standing beside her and holding out her hand before pausing. "Do ya mind if...?" She trailed off awkwardly. How did one even phrase, 'do you mind if I put your hands in the right position?' without sounding weird?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:26 pm

Evangeline sighed again, which seemed to be a common behavior for her. Of course she'd done it wrong. "No, I don't mind," she replied, managing (barely) to lift her sword-hand close to Drake's outstretched one. "This thing is heavy," she complained. She really would have preferred to operate something lighter, like a knife, but Drake used a sword, and Drake could teach her about swords and how to use them. Not knives, not bows, not spears, not clubs, swords. Heavy, heavy swords.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:43 pm

"Uh, alright, hold on-" Drake muttered, stepping behind her and awkwardly reaching around her to hold onto her hands. "So, move your wrist down further, like this-" She lightly tugged on Evangeline's wrist. "And relax your elbows, your too stiff, you need to flow when you fight, and move your shoulders down." She pushed down lightly on her shoulder's, rolling her own for emphasis, before stepping back to admire her handiwork. "Feel better? More natural?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 6:56 pm

"It feels damn weird," she complained. "How am I supposed to do anything when it's so f#cking heavy? I'm going to drop it." Despite her young age, Evangeline tended to become vulgar, especially when feeling flustered. And she felt very flustered and inexperienced right then. She was so far out of her element. Why had she even wanted to learn this shit in the first place? She could easily avoid most confrontations with monsters and campers by just staying in her cabin all day, spending her time on more worthy pursuits, like reading. And when it was impossible to avoid people, she could always talk her way out of getting beaten up. Or just run.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 7:06 pm

Drake made a face, puffing her cheeks out slightly. "Because," she emphasized. "You need to be able to use a weapon, unless you wanna end up being eaten by a hydra or something!" She retorted scathingly. "S'not like you can talk a hydra or a dragon outta eatin' you. You gotta fight them, so I'm gonna teach you to and you are gonna like it!" She finished with a huff.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 9:18 pm

"Dragons are supposed to like word games, though, aren't they? Or are those just storybook dragons?" Ugh, myths were so... mythy. It was hard to separate the myth myths from the real myths sometimes. "And you don't have to be so mean about it, gods..."
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 9:23 pm

Drake fidgeted, eyebrows frumpling as she stepped back, anxiously fingering the hilt of Mikró. "I'm not being mean, I just dont want you to get hurt." She muttered, scowling slightly, an embarrassed flush rising up her neck. "And I think it's just story-book dragons. Cause dragons are just big lizards, right?" At least she thought so.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 5:09 am

"With wings," the younger girl corrected. "Dragons have wings, drakons don't, usually. And I won't get myself hurt, I'm smarter than that. But... erm, just in case, I guess I should learn..." Which was about as close as was going to get to admitting she really needed to know this stuff as Evangeline would get for now. "So, what, I'm going to stab some dummies?"
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 3:56 pm

Drake shrugged - wings, no wings - reptiles, nonetheless. Hearing Evangeline speak, she grinned, a mischevious expression flashing across her face. "Not yet you ain't. You can barely hold it now, right?" She commented, bouncing on her heels slightly. "It's cause you've barely got any arm muscles. You have to have strong muscles for sword-fighting. So we gotta build up your strength first."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 5:20 pm

"If you make me do push-ups, I swear to the gods..." Evangeline's fashion sense hadn't changed over the years, so she was wearing a white button-up shirt and a just-below-knee-length black skirt like always. And she was not going to do push-ups in a skirt. That just seemed silly. And she'd get it dirty.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:00 pm

Drake snickered, eyebrows raising slightly as she looked her friend up and down. "I should, just to show you that wearing all that girly stuff," She emphasized the word as though it were a curse. "Is bad for a demigod. Or at least coming to training in it." She would not be caught dead in those frills. And what happened if you fell over and people saw your panties. It would be so embarrassing! "But for now, I'm just gonna get you started on some exercises and sword katas. But you are gonna be doing pushups next time we meet up, so make sure to wear pants."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:08 pm

"I don't own any pants," Evangeline grumbled. All she had were cutesy skirts and shirts, not that she minded. She liked the style, even if she'd be a little too old for it in another year or two. "And... what does kata mean?" She had an impressive vocabulary, but had no idea what that particular word stood for. Was it foreign? It didn't sound English. It was a bit miffing that Drake knew a word that she didn't, in any case.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:11 pm

"Then i'll lend you a pair of my shorts. We're 'bout the same size, right?" Drake though they were close in size, at least. Listening to Evangeline talk, Drake flushed lighting, shrugging her shoulders. "There were performers in the park one day, back when I still... ya know, and they were Chinese or somethin' and were doing martial arts stuff. And this guy taught me a few things, and katas are the movements, kinda." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:19 pm

Ah, it was a foreign word. Evangeline felt much better knowing that it wasn't that case that her English vocabulary was lacking. In any case, she felt like they were wasting time just sitting around, bashing her fashion sense for being impractical. "Well. Let's get on with it, then. Show me the stuff." She made a vague gesture with the hand that wasn't holding that horrible sword, sort of like a 'go ahead' motion.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:26 pm

Drake scowled playfully. "Pushy. Anyway, the first thing were gonna do is work on your punching. If you can punch good, it means your arm muscles are strong, which means you can hold a sword good, and fight with it." The nine year old announced. "Cmere, punch me as hard as you can." She ordered, holding her hands up, palms facing forward.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:30 pm

There was no danger of Evangeline actually hurting Drake here, but she still felt uneasy punching her best friend. In an effort to avoid actually having to do it, she decided to correct Drake's grammar in a very lazy, drawling tone. "You really ought to be using 'well' instead of 'good' in sentences like those, you know..."
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:36 pm

"Well soh-ree!" Drake huffs in annoyance. "Not all of us speak immaculate English." She says, producing immaculate imma-clut, but who cares? Not her. "An' stop puttin it off, I'm not gonna break. C'mon Eva, don't be a girl."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:40 pm

"I am a girl, though," she complained, but punched Drake's palm as hard as she could nonetheless. It didn't seem to be very effective. Actually, it might have been effective -- if she had been punching a fly, that is. The fly might have stumbled and struggled to regain its footing, too injured to mount a counterattack, and flown away in cowardice. Might.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:45 pm

Drake frowned. "I said I wouldn't break, ya don't need to be so gentle." She knew her best friend wasn't really a battle oriented person, too girly and frilly, but she was a great friend anyway. It was still annoying though when she did things like that - just cause she was a doll didn't mean Drake was.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 11:49 pm

"I was trying my hardest," she frowned, and punched again, trying her very best to do it better this time, and putting her scant weight behind it. It may have been slightly better. "I just... I can't..." Evangeline sighed and looked down. There was no way she could do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dummies   The Dummies - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dummies
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next